Specialized Space Training
Specialized space training (SST) is normally conducted
for participants who completed the GST.
The purpose of the SST is mastering the entire complex
of professional knowledge, skills, habits and qualities required for performing
a space flight on a manned spacecraft (MSK) of the given type (or several
types if the flight program envisages a changeover to another MSK).
Main objectives of the SST:
* Crew training in-depth studying
of the MSC of the given type;
* acquiring practical habits and
skills of performing all the flight operations envisaged for a flight participant;
* maintaining and honing professionally
required qualities and skills for a successful activity in conditions of
effect of adverse factors of a space flight, as well
* l as habits and skills of supporting
own life both during the flight and after landing;
* studying typical flight documents,
the principles of the earth-based flight control and the basics of interaction
with the Flight Control Center.
Sections of the SST:
* engineering training;
* training on simulators and stations
of the MSCs of the given types;
* preparing for the activity outside
* training on the life support
* preparing for professional activity
in conditions of effect of the space flight factors;
* preparing for actions after landing
in various climate and geographical zones of the Earth and in different
* training in operating space flights
of an MSC;
* biomedical and psychological
* certification arrangements.
Crew training The SST is conducted according to the
individual schedules. The duration of a SST (as required for a flight on
a spacecraft of the "Soyuz" type) is 8 to 10 weeks and is defined through
an individual agreement with the participant.
On completion of the SST course in the scope agreed
upon before the beginning of the training and a successful passing of certification
tests, the student is admitted to the next training stage.