collapse

Author Topic: Cowspiracy Documentary & Future Foods  (Read 13536 times)

Offline dreb13

• Gold 39
Re: Cowspiracy Documentary & Future Foods
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 04:21:17 am »
One question: do they have a solution for the problem in the video?

Yes, stop eating meat and dairy products.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 04:24:16 am »
As for COW FARTS  well maybe we should find a way to collect the gas and use it for fuel :P  It is METHANE after all :D
From what I could see on this FAO PDF that is listed as one of the sources for the video, the biggest source of methane is from the manure treatment, so they already have it under control.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 04:25:31 am »
Yes, stop eating meat and dairy products.
That's not a solution, as human beings are not supposed to be vegetarian.

Offline dreb13

• Gold 39
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 05:48:13 am »
That's not a solution, as human beings are not supposed to be vegetarian.

Unfortunately, that IS the solution. 

That is why the "Food of the Future" will be our go to source of nutrition, rather than the conventional means of beef agriculture.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 06:56:43 am »
Unfortunately, that IS the solution.
Humans are omnivorous, so that's not the solution, it's just marketing.

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 07:59:54 am »
Obviously, this is a "global warmers" platform, by claiming humans will become extinct because of natural conditions. Well, I suppose getting rid of all cows could be done, except maybe for India, and other places that consider their cows to be sacred. And then getting rid of every living animal that farts, except for humans, would likely be next.

If only humans were left as being the only remaining farters, can we even envision how still devastating that will be to our planet - a proposition of soon having 10 billion humans on the planet, with each averaging 2 or 3 farts per day.........Wow what a global warming stinking place!!! Can we suppose that as the super intelligent robots come into being, THEY may very likely see that all human farters are detrimental to planet objectives too, and thus will see to it that all humans are properly disposed of, for the benefit of the planet??

But, just getting rid of all of the farters will be the easy challenge - getting rid of all of the natural gas on the planet will be a little more difficult.  As natural gas is about 75% methane (CH4), it does pretty much permeate the planet. And the planet does do its own "farting", as its natural gas/methane is just naturally released as part of nature's process, bubbling up and out in various places.

So, maybe if man simply detonates the planet to begin wth, that such action would be a much simpler approach to ridding the planet of methane gas!

ie - what a stupid line of thought, but of course, whatever makes the human caused  global warming religion crowd happy.......  :o :o :o :o

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2015, 12:59:57 pm »
The only thing you could do for what? ???

;) I know you get it but to clarify we simply could not ingest the food any longer we had been as we became nauseated at the thought.

:(
When the debate is lost,
slander becomes the tool of the loser.
Socrates

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2015, 01:09:28 pm »
Humans are omnivorous, so that's not the solution, it's just marketing.

Some disagree and many were our worlds brightest. Personally I feel it represents growth in the right direction.

6. Albert Einstein, the greatest scientist of the 20th century, widely regarded as one of the most ingenious men of all time. On vegetarianism, he said:

“Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.”

“Our task must be to [widen] our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”

And the day he became a vegetarian, he wrote in his diary:

“So I am living without fats, without meat, without fish, but am feeling quite well this way. It always seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore.”
http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/02/the-worlds-greatest-geniuses-are-vegetarians/
When the debate is lost,
Socrates

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2015, 01:57:43 pm »
Some disagree and many were our worlds brightest. Personally I feel it represents growth in the right direction.
http://www.elephantjournal.com/2011/02/the-worlds-greatest-geniuses-are-vegetarians/

Actually Dyna, I agree with you and Einstein pretty much relative to a predominantly vegetarian/non 4-legged meat diet, relative to the better health of we humans. But, I do believe that some things from animals are essential/good for us too, such as milk and butter and fish. But from a health standpoint, and time to certain death considerations, it almost is, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!! ?? :) We are all destined to waste away and die anyway, so at max, better eating might simply give us better health until we do die. I do now eat mostly vegetables and fruit, but still a little meat too! :))

But.......you and all can have my portion of TOFU!! :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:00:31 pm by rdunk »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2015, 02:01:53 pm »

;) I know you get it but to clarify we simply could not ingest the food any longer we had been as we became nauseated at the thought.
When I ask is because I don't get it, I don't play games.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2015, 02:03:52 pm »
It's not a question of opinion, is a fact that humans are omnivorous.

“So I am living without fats, without meat, without fish, but am feeling quite well this way. It always seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore.”
If the above quote is real then it shows that, besides being a brilliant scientist, he was ignorant about human biology, humans are not carnivores.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:05:56 pm by ArMaP »

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 02:40:24 pm »
Actually Dyna, I agree with you and Einstein pretty much relative to a predominantly vegetarian/non 4-legged meat diet, relative to the better health of we humans. But, I do believe that some things from animals are essential/good for us too, such as milk and butter and fish. But from a health standpoint, and time to certain death considerations, it almost is, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!! ?? :) We are all destined to waste away and die anyway, so at max, better eating might simply give us better health until we do die. I do now eat mostly vegetables and fruit, but still a little meat too! :))

But.......you and all can have my portion of TOFU!! :)
It makes a difference to the animals that suffer (watch a few documentaries)
It makes a difference to the planet.

Animal agriculture takes up an incredible 70% of all agricultural land, and a whopping 30% of the land surface of the planet.
As a result, farmed animals are probably the biggest cause of slashing and burning of the world's forests.
The United States' most influential environmental group, Environmental Defense Fund, has calculated that if every American skipped one meal of chicken per week and substituted vegetarian foods, the carbon dioxide savings would be the same as if the nation removed more than 500,000 cars from U.S. roads.
http://www.pomona.edu/administration/dining/health-wellness/vegan-vegetarian
When the debate is lost,
Socrates

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 02:44:49 pm »
It's not a question of opinion, is a fact that humans are omnivorous.
If the above quote is real then it shows that, besides being a brilliant scientist, he was ignorant about human biology, humans are not carnivores.
Actually he agrees with you as he said "
seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore
:P

The point really is Man can change and live well as proved by many intelligent people and athletes around the world. Humans are no longer living in the wild. Old habits die hard.
According to the American Dietetic Association, the medical community realizes that there is a positive correlation between a vegetarian lifestyle and risk reduction for chronic degenerative diseases, such as obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, colon cancer, lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, constipation, diabetes, diverticular disease, fatigue, gallstones, osteoporosis, premenstrual syndrome, stroke and more.
http://www.pomona.edu/administration/dining/health-wellness/vegan-vegetarian
When the debate is lost,
Socrates

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 02:45:04 pm »
Carnivores or not, we humans are not really designed in a way that best suits the eating of meats. I have seen this such statement over and over during the years. We are designed to eat as herbivores, and not designed to eat meats, but, yes we do, and just maybe therein lies so many of our basic body problems.

There are many many different articles on the net that do support this thought. Of course some of these thoughts are presented by the Vegan communities. :)

Here is a pic on the whys of basic such thoughts, and the link for these thoughts and others on this.

http://www.vegan-nutritionista.com/humans-are-herbivores.html

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 02:55:28 pm »
When I ask is because I don't get it, I don't play games.
My husband and I forced ourselves to not ignore the things that are hard to look at. We became vegetarian years ago after realizing it was the only thing we could do, but it became and adventure!

I am sorry I just assumed this was clear that the things hard to look at in the food industry as in ingredients animal abuse of the most horrific kinds these things that are well known today but many will not make themselves delve deeper into because it is not comfortable.

I do believe the more intelligent people will not hide their heads in the sand but will look at the full picture no matter how unpleasant and things will change drastically someday and we will all follow in the footsteps of those greats.

This continues to be my wish :)

8. Brian Greene, Witten’s foremost protégé (he was on The Colbert Report last week).  He refuted Einstein’s theory that space can stretch but not tear, and by age nine, could multiply thirty-digit numbers in his head.  In an interview on science, morality, and vegetarianism for The Supreme Master Ching Hai News, Greene stated:

Q: Why do you think so many of the greatest geniuses have been vegetarian?

G: From my limited experience, vegetarians typically are people who are willing to challenge the usual, accepted order of things. Moreover, they’re often people willing to sacrifice their own pleasures in pursuit of what they believe is right. These same qualities are often what’s needed to make great breakthroughs in the arts and sciences.

Q: Why do you think other scientists are still not vegetarian?

G: I would ask, more generally, why the vast majority of people are not vegetarian. I think the answer is that most people don’t question the practice of eating meat since they always have. Many of these people care about animals and the environment, some deeply. But for some reason—force of habit, cultural norms, resistance to change—there is a fundamental disconnect whereby these feelings don’t translate into changes of behavior.

Q: What inspired you to become a vegetarian?

G: Quite literally, it was a dish—spare ribs—that my mother cooked when I was nine years old. The ribs made the connection between the meat and the animal from which it came direct; I was horrified and declared I’d never eat meat again. And I never have. Going vegan happened later. I visited an animal rescue farm in upstate New York and learned much about the dairy industry which was so disturbing that I could not continue to support it. Within days I gave up all dairy.
When the debate is lost,
Socrates

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]