collapse

Author Topic: Time slip replay...not quite the same as normal deja vu  (Read 2971 times)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 307
Time slip replay...not quite the same as normal deja vu
« on: July 04, 2014, 12:25:20 AM »
Time slip replay...not quite the same as normal deja vu

Found this an interesting story from an Incident from a Paranormal Investigators experience that I know.

In August of 1999 I was visiting my Local town with my partner and aunt. I had parked up a side street allowing them to jump out my car and whip into a near by shop. I sat there eyes pealed for a traffic warden. Clearly I should not have been parking where I did; (so i'll apologize now for that one). I sat there watching people and cars go past... Then, something strange happened. I watched as a woman past in front of my car, her handbag had slipped off her shoulder and almost fell on the floor. She had grabbed it just in time. In doing so she glanced to her left and looked directly at me... I just smiled. She flung her bag strap over her shoulder and carried on just as a red Ferrari drove past. Yep... I'm a guy! Transfixed on the gleaming red sports car as it cruised past effortlessly. I remember thinking what it would be like to drive one... I looked down to grab a cigarette and when I looked up again, there was the same woman walking past in the same direction. I immediately thought that she must have somehow turned back and then come past again... but this was within seconds, and how did I not see her do that? I watched as she passed in front of my car, then... as if watching a replay, her bag strap slipped off her shoulder. She quickly grabbed it before it fell to the floor.

I couldn't believe it, I had just seen this happen! I was waiting.... waiting for her to glance left and look directly at me. I remember talking to myself in that car saying  "Go on then, look at me", go on. and then... There it was! She looked directly at me. Once again I just smiled. She flung her bag strap over her shoulder and carried on, but I remembered... I quickly turned my head to the right waiting to see the red Ferrari, and withing 1 or 2 seconds it came into view. The car had past by just as it had done before. I was amazed. Did I have some form of precognitive event or did the world somehow just jump, like a record on a player. Everything I had seen I watched twice. A replay of a 1 minute event in my life. I couldn't make any sense of it. It was weird, a strange feeling came over me. When my partner and aunt returned to the car, I explained what had happened. All they could say is, Oh Yeah! I've heard of those things happening, Its Weird in it; The sentence rolled off the tongues so easily, but for me, it was much more significant. I had never experienced anything like that, and have never since. During my research I have come across quite a few stories of people experiencing similar things, but ten years on, and I'm no nearer to explaining how and why that happened...

Thousands upon thousands of people world wide often talk of experiencing strange little oddities that they cannot explain... Some incidents are really perplexing, others... people just refer to them as LIFE'S LITTLE MYSTERIES...

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 275
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Re: Time slip replay...not quite the same as normal deja vu
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »
Wow.  I have not had that experience but the one experience I had was when I was back on ATS.  It was about where New Zealand is on the map and the shape of the island(s).  SomeOne posted that They were weirded out because They remembered that NZ was north and slightly west of Australia.  And was more a single island in the shape roughly of an army boot - wide and "L" shaped.  This matched MY recollection too!

In fact, about 30% of the thread's responders also had clear memory of this.  From all over the planet.  So it was not an issue of the US having a wrong textbook somewhere.  Us 30%ers were all very weirded out that now NZ was east of Australia and a long string of islands...

Did We jump timelines?

Gold for this post, astro!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
It takes a long time of observation, realizing its happening and putting it into words.

Most people that are really people notice these little things and go on to report the event to those who care to know this realm is a mixture of weirdness and illusions to distract one from seeing into what it is.

I have watched it from a very young age and felt I have done this before. Perhaps the time slip is a weakness in the systems ability to project a smooth environment and often times, its chokes.

Looking at it many years ago I began to think the system was over extended and it was strained to the point of breaking from one moment to the next. After all, 7 billion nodes is a lot and who knows the power needed to maintain an acceptable stream of reality.

My thinking is, this is run by an elemental machine force with an intelligence behind that power since whatever is going on, does not reveal itself to the point, an absolute description can be presented.

Its rather clever in how it allows those who take note, and speak of it, are then ridiculed to silence by either a make believe people attack, or actually, removed from the setting (death or missing) all together.

I used to have moments where I suddenly recognized the moment and realized I did this before and knew what was next. Sort a like deja vu. I do know this, I am cautious operating within because it will attack when annoyed.

Other wise I have a morbid sense of fun every waking day as I play on the edge.

Back in 1970 something, I was married for 7 years for a one and only time and one day my wife said to me how she was sitting at the kitchen table and she lost an hour getting ready. She looked at the clock she said, and an hour had gone by as she had to be somewhere and she was extremely serious and very concerned about that. Me, not so much cause its just another weird day.

I have a sister I call a zombie because she to goes in a lock down mode and stops moving while staring wide eyed straight ahead as she is zeroed out. Just happened again yesterday when we were in the grocery store and she stopped in the aisle and turned to a shelf and switched off. I continued to walk past and down the aisle out of sight and stopped to turn around go back and she was stlll standing there motionless and head looking straight ahead.

Suddenly she snaps back into animation as I walked up to her. I seen it but because I see it all the time, I just go huh and let it pass. Most the time she does this when I am talking to her and she is locked in position not hearing a thing till I yell at her and she flutters and shakes her head and goes, what.

I have another sister I call zombie flakes and she is not as bad as the other but still I see it.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 751
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 01:45:43 PM »
Did We jump timelines?
No, you just suck at geography. ;D

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 751
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 01:49:05 PM »
Looking at it many years ago I began to think the system was over extended and it was strained to the point of breaking from one moment to the next. After all, 7 billion nodes is a lot and who knows the power needed to maintain an acceptable stream of reality.

My thinking is, this is run by an elemental machine force with an intelligence behind that power since whatever is going on, does not reveal itself to the point, an absolute description can be presented.
That's an interesting theory, but how do explain that it apparently happens so much to some people and so little (or never) to most?

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 275
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 05:50:04 PM »
No, you just suck at geography. ;D

Hmmm....  Me and 30% of ATS responders ALL suck in exactly the same way???  Wow.  We ALL remembered the same setup - an island that does not exist on this Earth?  What are the odds?
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 05:59:48 PM »
That's an interesting theory, but how do explain that it apparently happens so much to some people and so little (or never) to most?

Not all people are people as real people understand a human being. Some people come out of nowhere to engage a target or two perform an event. I call those synthetic people, ornaments.

People are distracted in many ways and not everyone can realize weirdness when it arrives.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 405
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 06:07:10 PM »
Amy, I tried to find an old map of the world that I used to have here; I also could have sworn that NZ was in a little different position, but I haven't studied geography in over 4O years...

hard to say...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

sky otter

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »

how many people do you know who are observant of their surroundings?

how many people do you know who can recall more than the latest on tv, facebook , etc. ?

how many people do you know who are fearless in questioning stuff that if they notices they may have to explain..even to themselves?

i think most are afraid of anything they don't already know about...anything that isn't familiar to them in some way..

say you catch something out of the corner of your eye as you enter or exit a room...what do you do..brush it off or try to check it out?
how far do yoiu check it out before you just move on...?

if you have curiosity and a willingness to look closer at things happening to you.. you are rare....
very very rare...

a lot of people will say ..hey this wierd thing happened..but they don't look for why or what it was or is.. just an interesting tidbit  for conversation

i hope all those questions answered your question... ???

8)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 275
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 07:56:25 PM »
Amy, I tried to find an old map of the world that I used to have here; I also could have sworn that NZ was in a little different position, but I haven't studied geography in over 4O years...

hard to say...

seeker

Well, I remember very clearly NZ being placed where I described above - I loved geography in school, and NZ is the only place I have discovered that is nothing like what I remember from back in the day.  But boy is it radically different!  Where did You think it was?

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 405
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »
Well, I remember very clearly NZ being placed where I described above - I loved geography in school, and NZ is the only place I have discovered that is nothing like what I remember from back in the day.  But boy is it radically different!  Where did You think it was?
I actually remember NZ being on the east of Oz but a lot closer to the equator; I also wonder if the memories peeps have of it being to the west come from looking at a globe of the earth with the southern hemi inverted so the south pole is up...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 275
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »
I actually remember NZ being on the east of Oz but a lot closer to the equator; I also wonder if the memories peeps have of it being to the west come from looking at a globe of the earth with the southern hemi inverted so the south pole is up...

seeker

It's possible, but My recollection (and 30% ATS) was of it being between Australia and China...  And not so much west as north of Au.  SLIGHTLY west of the center of Au, but definitely north of the island/continent of Au.

deuem

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 11:04:07 PM »
What are the odds?
30%

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 751
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 04:58:19 AM »
Hmmm....  Me and 30% of ATS responders ALL suck in exactly the same way???  Wow.  We ALL remembered the same setup - an island that does not exist on this Earth?  What are the odds?
From what I have seen, 30% may even be an optimistic view of the percentage of people that suck at geography, specially in the US, where, some years ago, most people asked in a test to point to the USA on a world map would point to the USSR because it was the biggest country. :)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 751
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 05:00:34 AM »
Not all people are people as real people understand a human being. Some people come out of nowhere to engage a target or two perform an event. I call those synthetic people, ornaments.
Which are the ones that notice those things and the ones who do not?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Mandalay: The biggest shooting since Columbine. by spacemaverick
[Today at 02:40:59 PM]

Re: Mandalay: The biggest shooting since Columbine. by The Seeker
[Today at 02:31:52 PM]

Re: Mandalay: The biggest shooting since Columbine. by spacemaverick
[Today at 01:20:45 PM]

The Question We Should Be Asking by Eighthman