collapse

Author Topic: fake news - live  (Read 2341 times)

Offline space otter

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 683
Re: fake news - live
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2018, 09:09:01 PM »
  two women with the same name..not unusual

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AJudith_Resnik

Another Judith Resnik
There is also a noted legal scholar named Judith Resnik; she is presently the Arthur Liman Professor of Law at Yale and used to teach at the University of Southern California. She warrants a page of her own, but I don't know how to set one up given that the astronaut Judith Resnik already has one.

Perhaps you can find someone who can make a disambiguation page to help you start the article. I'd help, but, like you, I dont know how. Sorry. --66.37.59.98 18:16, 30 November 2005 (UTC)

Create an article at Juduth Resnik (scholar), and then I'll add a disambig to this page.
Perhaps this page should be renamed Judith Arlene Resnik and the Yale Law professor should be put at Judith Resnik because she does not appear to have a middle name (I checked her official faculty page and publications). Libertylaw 13:41, 8 June 2007 (UTC)

Shuttle Astronaut Dr. Judith Resnik | NASA
https://www.nasa.gov/content/shuttle-astronaut-dr-judith-resnik
Jul 28, 2013 - 1979: Shuttle Astronaut Dr. Judith Resnik receives an award during a visit to the NASAGlenn Research Center. Born in Akron, Ohio, Resnik flew on Discovery in 1984. She died less than two years later, on January 28 1986, when the shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after launch. (C-1979-03014).

Judith Resnik - Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies - Yale ...
https://wgss.yale.edu/people/judith-resnik Judith Resnik is the Arthur Liman Professor of Law at Yale Law School, where she teaches about federalism, procedure, courts, equality, and citizenship. She also holds a term appointment as an Honorary Professor, Faculty of Laws, University College London. Professor Resnik's books include Representing Justice: ...

American Academy of Arts & Sciences
Published on Dec 22, 2014

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:17:16 PM by space otter »

Offline space otter

• Gold 683
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2018, 09:20:48 PM »

Destroyer of Amerika,

good thing that we live in AMERICA then, isn't it :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 883
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2018, 01:02:32 AM »
good thing that we live in AMERICA then, isn't it :P

Not so sure about that these days :P

As for Judith Resnik... I brought it up because Conspiracy Nuts :P  claim to have found all the astronauts alive... 

::)

The resemblance is quite good though as well as the name (yes Judy would have been about the same age now :D)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 751
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2018, 03:08:17 AM »
perfect example

you can say anything as long as you don't believe it..
I still don't get what's the connection with timelines.  ???

Offline space otter

• Gold 683
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2018, 08:51:34 AM »

Z
the strange thing is that when i saw that last name i thought "oh maybe that is Joe's first wife' and went to look.. it went sideways with the list of links i got when i typed in her name..
 i was looking for birthdays on them but didn't find one for the lawyer but  wow they do look similar...
guess that goes back to how many doubles we have. ::) or should that be be layers..or dimensions blending in and out
or who the hell knows anymore...sigh
 that's kinda how it goes for me most daze.. i start one thing and wind up far away...hahahahahaha

Armap
I don’t know if I can explain it..and maybe it isn’t a timeline shift as much as it is a pendulum swing,or like sarge says..maybe just an age thing.
But it used to be you could read something and believe it was true with just a shading of the writers opinion.
Now it seems to be that folks want to write something to see how many they can fool and then brag how easy it is, and get enjoyment out of that.
So when I saw that headline of they were sacking that guy cause he believed what he was writing, it felt like we had slipped into some ‘other’ time (line).
Maybe it’s just me..

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 751
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »
Maybe it’s just me..
Maybe. :)

People believing their own lies is quite common, and has always been, as they need to be convinced of what they say so they do not sound like they are lying.

The problem today is that facebook augmented things, by bringing all the liars and all the blind believers to one place where they fed on each other and then spread to other sites.

Only the media used changed, people have always been like that.

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Administrator
  • Gold 320
  • ROCK On!
    • Sgt. Rocknroll
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »
Before social media, you could count the idiots that were your friends on one hand. And as ArMaP stated FB (& Instagram & the others), has brought them all together.
They have always been there, you just couldn't see them, except for a headline or two in the local newspaper.

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 883
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
They have always been there, you just couldn't see them, except for a headline or two in the local newspaper.

Yes I posted that several times LOL but since I erased the FB pages it's gone  Was that post about the VILLAGE IDIOT

Before the internet the VILLAGE IDIOT was local and easy to ignore, but now the internet and cell phones can be used by a 2 year old  so that VILLAGE IDIOT now has an INTERNATIONAL soapbox and can connect with all the other VILLAGE IDIOTs around the world.

And they are winning because they have the sheer force of numbers ob their side

:o

::)

8)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 751
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2018, 02:36:10 PM »
Before the internet the VILLAGE IDIOT was local and easy to ignore, but now the internet and cell phones can be used by a 2 year old  so that VILLAGE IDIOT now has an INTERNATIONAL soapbox and can connect with all the other VILLAGE IDIOTs around the world.
To me that's not the biggest problem, the problem is that facebook and other social media (including this forum's software) only allow positive feedbak (facebook has "likes", we have "gold"), so people get used to see all those positive reactions and positive answers (they just have to remove the negative answers), so what was created was a huge group of people, worldwide, that thinks that all their opinions are correct and that everybody likes them, and they can't be wrong. Also, the best way of getting positive answers is to post about things other people (the "friends" of those persons), so we also get groups that all think the same and, once more, think they are right and everybody else is wrong.

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 405
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2018, 03:01:47 PM »
This forum has the mechanism in place, if we activate it, where those who disagree with you can smite thee instead of giving you gold
 8)
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline space otter

• Gold 683
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2018, 03:32:22 PM »

well for my half penny i don't think you should be able to like or smite..
anyone looking can see how many times you have posted and take it from there
i think the like/smite thing just makes it worse..everyone looks to see if you are liked or thanks or stoned  instead of actually reading what you have to say and responding in a verbal manner

my  tiny opinion

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 751
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2018, 04:01:35 PM »
This forum has the mechanism in place, if we activate it, where those who disagree with you can smite thee instead of giving you gold
 8)
On ATS they give "stars", and several years ago, when they added that function, it was possible to give negative stars, and what happened was that people made threads and, sometimes, although they didn't had any answer they were full of negative stars. What happened was that people started to act in groups, so when someone from a rival group made a thread everybody from the other groups would give negative stars, so the person that made the thread would look bad.

That's why negative stars were removed.

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Administrator
  • Gold 320
  • ROCK On!
    • Sgt. Rocknroll
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2018, 06:28:38 PM »
I might agree with someone or the content of their thread or post. But my posting that agreement wouldn’t add anything to the conversation. The only response is to give gold.
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: bigfoot caught on sherrif's dashcam in Georgia by The Seeker
[Today at 01:00:14 PM]

Re: bigfoot caught on sherrif's dashcam in Georgia by space otter
[Today at 10:45:48 AM]

Re: bigfoot caught on sherrif's dashcam in Georgia by ArMaP
[Today at 09:29:01 AM]

Re: Immaculate Deception by astr0144
[Today at 07:19:02 AM]

Re: bigfoot caught on sherrif's dashcam in Georgia by The Seeker
[Today at 06:14:15 AM]

Re: Another Roswell program making conclusions of what really happened by astr0144
[Today at 05:49:49 AM]

[Today at 05:19:55 AM]

Re: Another Roswell program making conclusions of what really happened by petrus4
[Today at 04:23:13 AM]

Re: Another Roswell program making conclusions of what really happened by ArMaP
[Today at 04:02:42 AM]

Re: Immaculate Deception by zorgon
[Today at 02:38:25 AM]

[Today at 02:26:47 AM]

[Today at 02:17:29 AM]

Re: bigfoot caught on sherrif's dashcam in Georgia by petrus4
[Today at 12:38:21 AM]

Re: bigfoot caught on sherrif's dashcam in Georgia by zorgon
[April 24, 2018, 11:41:46 PM]

Re: Another Roswell program making conclusions of what really happened by astr0144
[April 24, 2018, 06:10:16 PM]

Re: Another Roswell program making conclusions of what really happened by ArMaP
[April 24, 2018, 05:23:07 PM]

Another Roswell program making conclusions of what really happened by astr0144
[April 24, 2018, 05:10:56 PM]

[April 24, 2018, 03:36:01 PM]

[April 24, 2018, 03:15:50 PM]

Re: bigfoot caught on sherrif's dashcam in Georgia by dreb13
[April 24, 2018, 03:12:53 PM]