collapse

Author Topic: Re: Correcting some misinformation  (Read 21249 times)

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
Re: Correcting some misinformation
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
Luke,

You will be getting that answer. It might hail from England or Las Vegas.... what are the odds?  Not to worry.... answer should be on the way soon. Then message me when you get it OK. Thanks

Mikado

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »
Since this thread is in regard to "correcting information", than so be it.

I see that someone is indicating that Linda should not let me "win". What is transpiring on the Hut, albeit slow of late due to the compiling of interviews, is necessary and has no finish line. There are no winners or losers. If an individual wishes to see it that way then that is "their choice" and is not what is intended.

The purpose of the "Due-Diligence" is just that, to "fact check" information supplied to Paul Schatzkin from various sources of which some were anonymous and have remained so to date, at least publicly. Paul never finished performing the Due-Diligence for his own reasons of which I will not go into on this forum. However, the nature of some of this information that was supplied by the anonymous sources are coming up questionable. It is these very same sources that have reported on some of the scientific aspects and involvements of Dr. Brown. The question arises, if there are inaccuracies of an historical nature are there inaccuracies in other areas?

Those that partake in name calling (i.e. calling individuals trolls etc) from a position of ignorance, deserve no respect and degrade themselves.

Truth is important. Truthful facts are important. Truthful reporting of history is important. This applies to those in science as well.

In closing, it is all about truth. The renewed interest in the life of Townsend Brown was reinvigorated with Paul Schatzkin in the past ten years with the book "Defying Gravity". In science, outside sources always will check the work of someone elses claim, in other words, repeatability or a scientific "due-diligence". Since "Defying Gravity" is the seed then it is long overdue for "fact checking".

Those that fail to keep an open mind will forever remain inside the box.

Mikado

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:57:39 AM »
Since this thread is in regard to "correcting information", than so be it.

I see that someone is indicating that Linda should not let me "win". What is transpiring on the Hut, albeit slow of late due to the compiling of interviews, is necessary and has no finish line. There are no winners or losers. If an individual wishes to see it that way then that is "their choice" and is not what is intended.

The purpose of the "Due-Diligence" is just that, to "fact check" information supplied to Paul Schatzkin from various sources of which some were anonymous and have remained so to date, at least publicly. Paul never finished performing the Due-Diligence for his own reasons of which I will not go into on this forum. However, the nature of some of this information that was supplied by the anonymous sources are coming up questionable. It is these very same sources that have reported on some of the scientific aspects and involvements of Dr. Brown. The question arises, if there are inaccuracies of an historical nature are there inaccuracies in other areas?

Those that partake in name calling (i.e. calling individuals trolls etc) from a position of ignorance, deserve no respect and degrade themselves.

Truth is important. Truthful facts are important. Truthful reporting of history is important. This applies to those in science as well.

In closing, it is all about truth. The renewed interest in the life of Townsend Brown was reinvigorated with Paul Schatzkin in the past ten years with the book "Defying Gravity". In science, outside sources always will check the work of someone elses claim, in other words, repeatability or a scientific "due-diligence". Since "Defying Gravity" is the seed then it is long overdue for "fact checking".

Those that fail to keep an open mind will forever remain inside the box.

Mikado

How strange....I nodded off???

hobbit

Mikado

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
Now really, is that necessary hobbit?

When you wake up, perhaps you will see the truth of statements made. Until then, sweet dreams,

Mikado

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
Now really, is that necessary hobbit?

When you wake up, perhaps you will see the truth of statements made. Until then, sweet dreams,

Mikado

You are the SLEEPER.
I used that link on purpose.
The Japanese Mikado lookalike gent brought out the box containing the sleeper, but even when the box was opened He kept on yawning , desperately trying to go back to sleep, and inducing all others to also fall asleep.
Tough for You to be here amongst so many who are wide awake Mikado.
Go back in Your little box in the hut , be a good little sleeper now.

Your attempts at painting Yourself as the RIGHTeous one, the one seeking truth is a poor mask....sir ridgerunner.

hobbit

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »

But that's just the thing.
Given the erroneous aspects of some of the data (intentional or not) it is clearly our task to verify what is true from what isn't. In that respect, we can only repeat the experiments and compare our own findings with Mr. Brown's. And that works just fine.

True, we will only call people trolls when it has been established 100% that they are trolls ;)
We do however, reserve the right to nominate potential trolls, according to good old fashioned democratic means ;) i name no names, nor have i done so....

Funny, i haven't even read that book, have i missed something?
 The fact checking is being done right now, and so far it is 90% conclusive in favour of Brown's work. Since i don't have access to all the records, i can only deduce the nature of the experiments, and record the findings from my own independent research.
The fun part is, there are several people independently verifying this work, and the historians among us are very dilligently giving us yet more facts to check.
The hard part is seperating the information from the mis-information.

Mikado

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 06:06:17 PM »
But that's just the thing.
Given the erroneous aspects of some of the data (intentional or not) it is clearly our task to verify what is true from what isn't. In that respect, we can only repeat the experiments and compare our own findings with Mr. Brown's. And that works just fine.

True, we will only call people trolls when it has been established 100% that they are trolls ;)
We do however, reserve the right to nominate potential trolls, according to good old fashioned democratic means ;) i name no names, nor have i done so....

Funny, i haven't even read that book, have i missed something?
 The fact checking is being done right now, and so far it is 90% conclusive in favour of Brown's work. Since i don't have access to all the records, i can only deduce the nature of the experiments, and record the findings from my own independent research.
The fun part is, there are several people independently verifying this work, and the historians among us are very dilligently giving us yet more facts to check.
The hard part is seperating the information from the mis-information.

You have misunderstood what the "due-diligence" I am referring to is about. It is NOT about his work, it is about the book written by Paul Schatzkin, a biography about Dr. Brown and is titled - "Defying Gravity". It has NOT been 90% proven correct.

If you are referring to Dr. Brown's work being proven 90%, well, that is another topic and is not what I was referring to in my post.

However, here is a post you made:

No problem, Linda
 Be assured that we are well aware of the situation, i am a lurker on the hut as well as other sites, and i read a lot (although there is always too much to read, so i naturally miss things now & then, even here on Pegasus )
 As usual, you can never get directly to grips with these kind of 'psy-ops' tactics as you would like, it always happens in such a roundabout way that maybe we are unaware of it. I think that is what worries you sometimes.
And yes, it pays to read the entire thread from the start

This kind of thing irritates me, but it is also a fact of life, Mankind is a political animal, and likes to try to influence others. It's part of what we are, but as long as we are aware of that, it won't be a problem.

Being aware of a problem is part of the solution.........
 I am looking forward to more exiting experiments soon, and i will gladly welcome your return here, trolls notwithstanding.

( I know, 'mankind' sounds kind of sexist, i prefer the term 'human kind' myself LOL)

Perhaps I misunderstood who/whom you were referring to when you used the word "troll".

As to voting who should be called names, well, be sure you make an informed vote and get all the facts correct.

Mikado

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 202
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »
I really dont think Luke was referring to you, Mikado, maybe a few others we see popping in from time to time, but it seems youve had something positive to add in most of your posts.

We all really need to get a grip on what our goal here is, and not worry about trolls until they are clearly obvious.

PRC has a fine group of moderators who dont tolerate any troll like behaviour, and trust me, if they think anyone even comes close, theyll step right in.

Lets mend those fences, guys, no reposting of previous posts or such as we all have had our opinions aired at one time or another, and thats water under the bridge.

Points made and done.

We can make a difference here, and if we work forward, there's no looking back.

I, for one, have to say, whatever happened in the past, I have extended that olive branch, and as I once asked you, will you do the same?

Or we could share a Geno's footlong, wit, of course.;)

It's the only way to further the cause...everybody can forgive, some just take time to forget.

Have a good night,
Dave
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Mikado

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 07:10:52 AM »
Hello Littleenki,

An olive branch? There is no need for an olive branch. From my perspective, I don't believe anything has occurred that would warrant the use of such.

As I said, I only want the truth in regard to Dr. Brown's life and what I have found is that anonymous individuals have given the writer of the book "Defying Gravity" some erroneous information. This was the purpose of the "Due-Diligence" that is being done by myself and others.

Throughout the course of the writing of that book, information of a scientific nature was given to Paul Schatzkin. My believe is that if certain historical facts are inaccurate then what about the science? My feeling is that misdirection was being employed with the writer for what purpose I don't know. Look at the facts, two anonymous individuals give information to a writer in regard to a man that they greatly respect but at the same time none of it can be verified. Even Woodward and Bernstein were able to cross check information supplied by Deepthroat.

It is all unacceptable. Linda chose to view as an assault on her Father when nothing could be further from the truth. She chose to expose my personal life and destroy my anonymity...why? Here is a link as to why my anonymity was so important to me.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=910.0

So why did she do so at the Cosmic Token?

There is no need for an olive branch from anyone other than Linda. There is no hatchet to be buried, except from Linda and I don't see that happening.

No Littleenki, there is no need for an olive branch for no harm is done.

Peace to you and yours.

Mikado

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 202
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 07:34:01 AM »
Understood then, Mikado, the olive branch was a metaphor for all of us to forget the past and move forward as a team. As in any sport, team members dont always agree on things, but they manage to win games anyhow!

As for whatever transpired between anyone and yourself, everyone here will tell you I am a man of forgiveness, whether that applies here or not, and I learned the importance of keeping those bridges open at all costs!

Lets make some progress, and maybe we will all meet and share that cheesesteak one day and have a chuckle over this whole shootin' match!

Le

sky otter

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »

ok guys
i gotta say this..
I"M FREAKING TIRED OF THIS BULL S H IT
i took linda to task for continueing a tiff from elsewhere so it's only fair i say the same to you bunch
ALL OF YOU

let it go or take it outside....

you are ALLl past the point of being anywhere near interesting

grown men and a women acting like three year olds in a sandbox...
move on already
i'm sure there is a ton of stuff you guys have to say that doesn't include snipping at each other in everyother  freakin post

GROW UP

and leave the crap at the door

lol..LE we must have hit send at the same time..good job on ya

Mikado

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 07:39:12 AM »
ok guys
i gotta say this..
i took linda to task for continueing a tiff from elsewhere so it's only fair i say the same to you bunch
ALL OF YOU

move on already
i'm sure there is a ton of stuff you guys have to say that doesn't include snipping at each other in everyother  freakin post

GROW UP

Point taken...<g>...moving along now.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 202
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 07:43:28 AM »
Right you are Sky, but as Im not so able to shout it out like you:-):-):-) I worded it differently...LOL!
I know now we are on the same page, and hitting post simultaneously shows that clearly!:-)

One team, one goal...Success at every level!

Hows that garden doing, btw, my hibscus' are going nuts this year, and the passionvine is growing like a jungle plant!

Damn, I love summer!

Littleenki

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 08:58:15 AM »
ok guys
i gotta say this..
ALL OF YOU

move on already

GROW UP

That post was funny, thank You.
I fully realise the sentiments, it was just funny how You verbalised it.

You actually created a mental vision of a three year old stomping up and down( were all equivilant to three year olds in this wacky universe)
hobbit

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 07:54:57 AM »
"I believe this to be a disservice to Dr. Brown and his work. It is a disservice to anyone who is attempting to further his work for in time, the truth will come out as to Dr. Brown's history. It may not be tomorrow but it will come out slowly over time as documents are released.[/color

]
You believe many things Mikado.... as for the " truth coming out?"

I am counting on that, Ridgerunner.

Linda
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:14:52 AM by Linda Brown »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: The Question We Should Be Asking by Eighthman
[Today at 05:53:51 AM]