collapse

Author Topic: John Lear remembering the time......  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
John Lear remembering the time......
« on: March 23, 2019, 05:14:13 am »
From John's FB page.....

30 Years Ago Today Was March 22, 1989

30 years ago today, Bob Lazar, Gene Huff and me lit the flying saucer issue on fire and it became a flaming incendiary that set the UFO world on fire. Tracy, Bobs wife was there also.

30 years ago yesterday I was over at Bobs house and he was building a little electronic gadget for me. The odor of burning solder filled the air.

Bob casually asked me if I wanted to see a flying saucer 'tomorrow'. Sure I said how? They're going to test fly tomorrow night. How can we watch? I know a back road we can watch from. I told him I knew what road he was talking about because I had been on it several times looking for SR-71's at Groom Lake.

Do you want to take my motor home I asked. Yeah, we'll take Gufon with us. (Genes nickname).

Bob and Tracy picked up Gene and drove to my house where I was getting the motor home ready. We all climbed in and I drove. We took Hollywood Blvd. To Lake Mead Blvd. Turned left down to Nellis Blvd. Then north to Las Vegas Blvd and right on out to I-15. At Apex we took the off ramp and turned left to 93 and drove an hour up past Alamo. Just past Ash Springs we turned left onto 275 and started grinding up the grade to Hancock Pass.

I was all wound up telling a story about getting charged with a B&E while in high school (we were jumping up and down on trampolines after hours) and the motor home stopped dead. The engine is winding up but we are not rolling.

Bob said, its the transmission. When did you last check it? I told him a long time ago. We checked the filler cap. No fluid. Gene said he would hitchhike back to Ash Springs and get a couple of cans of transmission fluid.

It was already 7 o'clock and we wanted to be on site at 8:45. Gene got immediately picked up and was back in a half hour with the transmission fluid.
Bob said I doubt this is going to work, the tranny is probably already toast. We poured it in and I gently gave it a little gas. We moved forward. We got to the top of Hancock Pass and coasted down to the Groom Lake cutoff. We turned off of 275 and started down the dirt road. It was already dark. We drove for about 20 minutes and decided we were close enough. I turned off the the right at a clearing and we all got out. I started to set up my Celestron 8 telescope.

It was 8:50.

It is impossible to track a moving object with that large a telescope but I was going to try it anyway.

Bob said 'look look'. I was still getting the telescope set up but I looked up and there was a bright light coming up behind the mountain range. It was 9 o'clock.

We watched the light dance around, disappearing and then reappearing at a different spot in the dark sky. It was just a light. There was no shape. After about 5 minutes the light moved to where it had come up and started a slow descent.

I frantically tried to get the telescope focused. I finally got it and saw the flying saucer, oriented at about 30 degrees to the horizon and radiating a yellowish gold something. It looked like something was coming off the disc. It looked like it was 'radiating' something. I watched it for about 15 seconds and said, Gene, quick, come and look. I stepped back so Gene could get to the eyepiece and when I stepped back my foot caught on one of the legs of the tripod the telescope was mounted on and knocked it out of position. Shit.

By that time the light had disappeared behind the mountain range.

We all talked excitedly about what we had seen and asked ourselves why Bobs video camera was still resting on the bumper of the motor home and why nobody had thought to pick it up and shoot what we had seen. I told Bob, 'Bob focus on me.' And I started the infamous monologue to be seen world wide which started, “This is John Lear and I'm standing...”

30 years ago like it was yesterday. Some moron on Facebook asked how I could remember 30 years ago so clearly and asked what I was smoking. I didn't block him but I felt like it.

None of us had the slightest idea, the faintest inkling of what we were about to unleash. The following Wednesday night I was in Minneapolis on a trip with American Trans Air. Thats the night Bob got the video of the craft. The following Wednesday after that was April 6, 1989 and was the night we got stopped by the camo dudes. We later got stopped by the Lincoln County sheriff who had us all turn around and put our hands on top of the car. He detained us for about an hour before he told us he had been told by test site security to let us go on our way. He told us, “I have no idea why they are telling me to let you go.”

30 year ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
Re: John Lear remembering the time......
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:17:38 am »
This last statement I find interesting....

None of us had the slightest idea, the faintest inkling of what we were about to unleash. The following Wednesday night I was in Minneapolis on a trip with American Trans Air. Thats the night Bob got the video of the craft. The following Wednesday after that was April 6, 1989 and was the night we got stopped by the camo dudes. We later got stopped by the Lincoln County sheriff who had us all turn around and put our hands on top of the car. He detained us for about an hour before he told us he had been told by test site security to let us go on our way. He told us, “I have no idea why they are telling me to let you go.”

particularly this:

he had been told by test site security to let us go on our way. He told us, “I have no idea why they are telling me to let you go.”

makes you wonder 'WHY'? (setup maybe)?....
 8)

Offline WhatTheHey

• It always remains true that light requires a source, penetrates the darkness and illuminates all it touches. Be the source be the light.
  • Inventor's Group
  • Gold 45
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 11:07:27 am »
he had been told by test site security to let us go on our way. He told us, “I have no idea why they are telling me to let you go.”

makes you wonder 'WHY'? (setup maybe)?....
 8)

This is a bit  ironic.  In another thread not to long ago I mentioned that I had an encounter with the camo dudes at A51 and they did NOT stop me or do anything at all, other then watch us from a distance.  We actually did a little hide and seek with one of the white trucks they were using. This was all on public roads, Groom Lake Rd. Its probably still public.   8)
   What we did was to turn around in low areas that were out of sight and come back up going 180 degrees the other direction.  At the N. end of Groom Lake Rd. there are a few gullies that are deep enough do do this before you get to the gate.  Unless they have smooth it out, I doubt it.  So as we came up going toward them they would stop and when we were going away we could see the dust fly as they started our way again! lol  It was a little funny and scary but like I said we were on a public road, and we had not been witness to anything YET! I say this because I think it may make a difference as to how the security guys are told to deal with tourists at any given time, based on whether there is/was anything to be seen on that day.  They didn't bother with us unless we were heading toward the gate.   ;D
    However I must add that we had been seen on Groom Lake Road by the camo guys (They flashed there headlights at us so we know they saw us.) and yet they did NOT stop us that time either.  And we HAD seen an amber colored object come up from behind the ridge line and do a set of zigzag turns that were not normal for a conventional aircraft.
    So I absolutely I concur it definitely makes you wonder WHY?  Especially when others have been give hassles and hard times for just being on the same road.  Maybe its something as simple as not having a camera in view, so they don't think your taking pictures.  It really does make you wonder thou.  ???
WhatTheHey

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 01:48:31 pm »
My thought, given the nature of the ‘reported’ test flight of ‘something’ so special, that even the sheriff deputy was confused as to why they weren’t detained. Makes you wonder that maybe, just maybe ‘THEY’ wanted John and his group to see ‘IT’?

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 07:48:33 pm »
Well think it through.

What would they have the Lincoln county sheriff do?

Arrest and detain them in the LV jail?

For what? They were on public land with no warning signs visible.

Would they want Bob pleading not guilty in public with the defense that he was employed there?

Would they want Bob caught up in the state legal system for spying on a base that no one knew about?

Or let his boss take care of it the following morning at Indian Springs which is what they did.

Standard practice out there has always been to detain people and write them a ticket which is a summons to appear in court along with a warning not to come out there again.

They knew exactly who all 3 guys were and decided to handle it quietly and off the record since Bob had not spilled the beans yet and was still an employee.

So what woulld be the desired goal of that "‘THEY’ wanted John and his group to see ‘IT’"?

Have them leak false word of a secret base that houses alien technology to the public to intimidate our enemies?

Only problem with that theory is that we DO have such technology and we DO have such a base.

Trying to explain a conspiracy by concocting an even bigger one just doesn't work for me.

Try the KISS method instead.

Leaking possession of alien technology at one of your most TS bases where new technology is developed and tested all the time is not a goal the military would ever consider desirable.

At the time it was dealt with as quietly as possible.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 07:57:53 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 09:35:55 pm »

This is a bit  ironic.  In another thread not to long ago I mentioned that I had an encounter with the camo dudes at A51 and they did NOT stop me or do anything at all, other then watch us from a distance.  We actually did a little hide and seek with one of the white trucks they were using. This was all on public roads, Groom Lake Rd. Its probably still public.   8)
   What we did was to turn around in low areas that were out of sight and come back up going 180 degrees the other direction.  At the N. end of Groom Lake Rd. there are a few gullies that are deep enough do do this before you get to the gate.  Unless they have smooth it out, I doubt it.  So as we came up going toward them they would stop and when we were going away we could see the dust fly as they started our way again! lol  It was a little funny and scary but like I said we were on a public road, and we had not been witness to anything YET! I say this because I think it may make a difference as to how the security guys are told to deal with tourists at any given time, based on whether there is/was anything to be seen on that day.  They didn't bother with us unless we were heading toward the gate.   ;D
    However I must add that we had been seen on Groom Lake Road by the camo guys (They flashed there headlights at us so we know they saw us.) and yet they did NOT stop us that time either.  And we HAD seen an amber colored object come up from behind the ridge line and do a set of zigzag turns that were not normal for a conventional aircraft.
    So I absolutely I concur it definitely makes you wonder WHY?  Especially when others have been give hassles and hard times for just being on the same road.  Maybe its something as simple as not having a camera in view, so they don't think your taking pictures.  It really does make you wonder thou.  ???
Why would a deputy bow to or take direction from site security if they hadn’t done anything wrong or were not on site property. Remember these words are a direct quote from John.

Offline WhatTheHey

• It always remains true that light requires a source, penetrates the darkness and illuminates all it touches. Be the source be the light.
  • Inventor's Group
  • Gold 45
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 09:27:44 am »
Why would a deputy bow to or take direction from site security if they hadn’t done anything wrong or were not on site property. Remember these words are a direct quote from John.

:)
   I'm not sure why you quoted me SR, I was agreeing that it perhaps indeed demonstrates an ulterior motive.
   For a reason as to them stopping them in the first place, Bobs working there would give them ability to do so at anytime and they certainly would have known Bob knew John and Bob had taken the oath of secrecy.  After that they could use national security as a reason to stop them/him whenever they felt the need. Perhaps that's what they tell the law enforcement (its a matter of National Security).  That would gain most law personnel's allegiance.  It could be that the reason for letting them go was to see what they would do with what they saw/knew. Or maybe it was an intentional leak of truth, or a (set up like you said) for disinformation even? 
   As for why would a local law enforcement officer cooperate with the A51 site security?  I would offer these examples, it could be a personal call on the officers behalf, going along with what he may feel is patriotism.  Or perhaps there is an official agreement to cooperate.  When the officer said he didn't know why they were telling him to let them go, it could be he wanted to put a scare into them.  Maybe he thought he was doing the right thing trying to discourage another visit.  After all if they were being set up for any reason its not likely A51 security would inform the local law enforcement of there plans. 

...We people are the funniest monkeys....lol   ;D
WhatTheHey

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 04:16:19 pm »
:)
   I'm not sure why you quoted me SR, I was agreeing that it perhaps indeed demonstrates an ulterior motive.

It's a matter of preference, I choose to converse with people I think I can trust to give honest answers and ask honest questions.

I just found it curious why John would say that as if he was expecting to be detained or for other reasons.

Offline WhatTheHey

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 45
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 04:58:40 pm »
 8)   
It's a matter of preference, I choose to converse with people I think I can trust to give honest answers and ask honest questions.

8)  Thanks...That's a great idea! I think I may practice that as well.  ;)

I just found it curious why John would say that as if he was expecting to be detained or for other reasons.

Yes I agree, curious indeed!  Sounds like perhaps he anticipated something somehow.

Thanks its a good read.
WhatTheHey

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 08:29:02 pm »

WhatTheHey -

Unfortunately the downside of discussing ufos in a public setting of any type, is you will invariably be forced to interact with some people that have various serious issues that are not readily apparent but will rear their ugly head with time.

It comes with the territory.  ::)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 09:16:51 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 08:41:23 pm »
8)   
   8)  Thanks...That's a great idea! I think I may practice that as well.  ;)

Yes I agree, curious indeed!  Sounds like perhaps he anticipated something somehow.

Thanks its a good read.

Your welcome, it’s appreciated. Regardless of the useless noise.

Offline WhatTheHey

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 45
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2019, 06:15:11 am »
WhatTheHey -

Unfortunately the downside of discussing ufos in a public setting of any type, is you will invariably be forced to interact with some people that have various serious issues that are not readily apparent but will rear their ugly head with time.

It comes with the territory.  ::)

::)  Boy you said that right! lol  Some people just have an uncontrollable need to be uselessly and without cause, antagonistic and abusive. lol  ::)
  It's ok thou, everybody is entitled to be wrong. lol  So I just send good thoughts at them and hope it takes hold. ;)  They need our presents as an example.

Thanks  A51

WhatTheHey

Offline fansongecho

• We search by night and day -
  • Gold 31
  • Check.. Check-6
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 09:12:56 pm »

Did JL or Bob L, ever mention if they ever got to speak with the Sheriff (or any of the law enforcement officials with jurisdiction for that area) anytime after he stopped them that night?

Cheers,

Fans'

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56