collapse

Author Topic: A Call To Arms...  (Read 45712 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: A Call To Arms...
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2017, 12:47:57 am »
I've been poking around all over the place, PDFs and stuff. Trouble is that I answer one question and five more pop up, or I follow links after links after links and end up forgetting where I started with 15 open tabs!

THAt is the reason all the volunteers that offered help sorting file quit :P  It is IMPOSSIBLE not to follow the trails  and when it is a REAL item, there will be lots of doors and trails.  That is why the website is so jumbled  I tend to stick stuff somewhere and forget to sort it

BUT, it's all good stuff.  :)

Most CERTAINLY  but it seems not good enough for the fickle audience :P They want to be lied to :P 

::)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2017, 02:25:56 am »
Can i ask why all of peggy cant be just one guys laptop and multiterrabyte hard drive.if you got 200$year in cash should cover data bill.with another backup hard drive
Having a server is easy, I have one at home, the hard part is having a connection that can handle all the requests.

As Seeker pointed out, the amount of bandwidth used goes beyond what most home connections can handle, as we are talking about client downloads that correspond to server uploads, and most home connections use asymmetric data transfer rates like 100 MB/s downloads but only 30 MB/s uploads.

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2017, 08:04:48 am »
Soma, you just have to deal with all those nosy tourists, er, "aliens" as you put it  8)

you know they just want a copy of your recipe for wallaby stew, mate  :P

Seeker

LMAO

Seitan Wallaby Stew.. A new Alien Wonder Dish on Youtube ;) 

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2017, 08:20:01 am »
Yes the Aliens we can't do much about :P Just hope they are on OUR side

:o
 8)

Re NEWSLETTER

Got a note from Mark Nelson today

I went to the site, I logged in successfully but could not find the newsletter thread nor how to post in it.
~ Mark ~

It occurs to me that making a NEWSLETTER thread in BOARD BUSINESS would be a good idea so people can post questions relarted to any current newsletter

Or it could be a sticky in GENERAL if we want guests to see the newsletter as well   

FYI Mark Nelson was 'involved' in that McMoon Lunar Orbiter snafu at the mcDonalds :D  We can get into that later

8)

Ya that is the sort of person we need to help with the Youtube Channel...

A Pegasus Youtube Channel with Lunar Anomalies would Generate SO many hit's.  I say with utmost sincerity to our member's who may not see them too as I respect their point of view.  But a lot of people do think when they see a good anomaly a short spell.  Love it or hate it but social media for now is the platform to grow revenue... and in the case of Pegasus it's quite dignified to do so as this not a get rich quick scheme... It's something people have put their whole belief into ;) 

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2017, 11:51:46 am »
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2017, 01:12:13 pm »
We have a Youtube channel  but so far ever attempt we have made to get a video crew together has met with Ego Wars 

A51Watcher has some good ones... I haven't checked the channel if he uploaded any more to Pegasus Channel

I had the channel set up for Google Adsence account so you can monetize them but I wasn't using Adsense on the website so they canceled the account do to non use

Paulie Schrier made this one for us at UMLR  but thanks to Joe claiming he was working for us Paulie almost lost his real job and I haven't heard from him since

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2017, 01:33:20 pm »
Having a server is easy, I have one at home, the hard part is having a connection that can handle all the requests.

yes exactly... Back in the days before the Web we had what they called a BBS Bulletin Board Service... You set it up at home and the access was limited to how many hard phone lines you had into your house.  So if you ran in 10 lines, only 10 people could access you at any one time. I still have Wildcat BBS installed When we first started using that my computer was a Commodore 64  :o  yet because all the access was LOCAL people we manages to create the Medieval group using the BBS as a 'home base'  The first online game was LORD (legend of the Red Dragon) a text based simple game that led to the Guild history  Bandwidth? LOL it was a dial up modem slow as molasses in January

As Seeker pointed out, the amount of bandwidth used goes beyond what most home connections can handle, as we are talking about client downloads that correspond to server uploads, and most home connections use asymmetric data transfer rates like 100 MB/s downloads but only 30 MB/s uploads.
[/quote]

While we DO have 'unlimited bandwidth for TRAFFIC at the Globat server (good thing or I could never afford this 22 gigs a day trafic rate) we do not have that for file transfer

When I first started posting the PDF files and Videos we have saves (many no longer on Youtube) I origiannlt paid 180.00 one time to add 6 terabytes storage for files on the server. Today storage space FOR WEBPAGES and images is unlimited BUT not for files

Back then before Globat sold we were on a DEDICATED server. That means we were the only ones using that server...  Now we have been moved to a SHARED server...

What that means is that when people download files music and videos, it effects the speeds of all others on that shared server...

Now say I have a huge video or other file... and some asswipe hacker set a robot program to repeatedly download that same file...  it gives everyone sharing that server a DNS error because the robot is tyimng up all the bandwidth..

So end result  I had to remove ALL the download files from the server and will need to find a new place to store them where we can access them for free... Most services only give you a few gigabytes free  I have 4 terabytes of file and videos right now

Here is the partial list of available PDFs that have been processed so far  I have links to original sources where I know they are stable  The rest are off line so I took the password protection off the file so you can view it

This is only a SMALL portion of the files we have  It does not include the patents and the videos  and abnother 6000 plus files not processed yet

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/91_PDF_Database/Pegasus_PDF_Database.html

And one thing Robo is not factoring in is my TIME to maintain this  I have to pay my bills. If I am spending 24/7 on the website with no recompensation for that time, I have to step away to find other ways to keep the light on :P

Advertizing is the best way to go... but I refuse to plaster the sites with annoyimng popups and other obtrusive ads  So I and others are working on a solution

A good freelance ad agent can make good money finding ads  I know a few that are making good money and I don't question how much their share is :P

I am considering a book... My daighter said she can ghost write it...  That might be intersting project  I think I will focus on the Stargates  that area I have the most material on

:D

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2017, 01:54:32 pm »
Star Gates would be good

Secret Astronaut Corp would be good

Naval Space Command would be good

Do like Frank Edwards used to do and make a compilation of Karl 12's Ufo files

or Jkrog"s (r.i.p.)

could probably write one on the life and times of being a conspiracy theory researcher and forum owner :P

Seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2017, 02:17:24 pm »
A Pegasus Youtube Channel with Lunar Anomalies would Generate SO many hit's.
I was thinking about that, but the problem is that we need someone to make the videos.

Although videos are easy to make today, someone that knows what to do and how to do it makes a much better job (and quicker) than someone that has only a slight idea of how to do it, and I think Pegasus could gain a lot by having good videos but could also lose a lot with bad videos, as it's easy to lose credibility with bad looking (or sounding) media.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2017, 02:53:26 pm »
I was thinking about that, but the problem is that we need someone to make the videos.

Although videos are easy to make today, someone that knows what to do and how to do it makes a much better job (and quicker) than someone that has only a slight idea of how to do it, and I think Pegasus could gain a lot by having good videos but could also lose a lot with bad videos, as it's easy to lose credibility with bad looking (or sounding) media.

True that  Anyone can make a video  like this one my daughter made of a Rapier fight  just simply recorded on her cell phone

But to find the balance between just a flick compared to a good productionis not so simple...

But what 'sells'?  It seems fake UFO videos do :P  and stupid stuff gets millions of hit...

You can't win :P

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2017, 05:01:24 pm »
Ok, here's another one....lolol....

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2017, 05:34:34 pm »
That was very good, Sarge  8) I thought about trying to make one showing the living moon page and the link, then the home page,forum list, some of the different boards and thread lists...

8)

Seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2017, 05:51:30 pm »
But to find the balance between just a flick compared to a good productionis not so simple...
Yes, that's the biggest problem. For example, most UFO channels have some kind of intro to all their videos that, sometimes, takes longer than the video they are presenting. Although some of those intros are good and have a professional look some are just silly.

But what 'sells'?  It seems fake UFO videos do :P  and stupid stuff gets millions of hit...
In the case of YouTube people don't need to watch the whole video for the ads to do their job, specially if the videos have the embedding disabled and can only be watched on YouTube.

So, to me, a confessed non-fan of videos, this is how it works:
1 - A catchy title: I have one YouTube video that I posted many years ago that is just a copy of the original that was on some site. It was not possible to embed the original video, so I downloaded it, converted it and uploaded it to YouTube, pointing to the original source. That video was watched 249 times in the last 30 days, much more than all my other videos together. I think the higher popularity of the video is mostly connected to its title, "Humanoid?";
2 - Start with the most important part, so people watch at least the beginning. Most UFO videos (fake or not) have two or three repetitions at different frame rates, and many have some filters applied, supposedly to make it easier to see something;
3 - Give people what they want. People want to watch videos of amazing things, regardless of being real or not? Give them amazing things.
4 - Know your audience. Knowing who your target audience is helps. Is you target audience mostly young people that like short sequences with rapid changes of scene, like in video clips? Or is your target audience mostly older people, already with a steady life, that would have liked to have a different, more adventurous life? Or science people, both mainstream and alternative?

Having said all the above, I don't really know what to do to make a good video, I can only see what I think of something someone else made. :)

Offline Norval

• Gold 161
  • hmmmm what should go here? Ahh, a question!
    • Crater Chains Research
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2017, 07:52:09 am »
I think that is the longest post I have ever seen from ArMaP.   :o
It's the questions that drive us, , , the answers that guide us.
 What will you know tomorrow? Have a question?
Send me an email at craterchains@yahoo.com

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2017, 09:21:20 am »
I think that is the longest post I have ever seen from ArMaP.   :o
;D

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC