collapse

Author Topic: Observations on The Sphinx and The Great Pyramid of Giza  (Read 18322 times)

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
Observations on The Sphinx and The Great Pyramid of Giza
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:25:07 pm »
Let's start with something that was -

Originally posted by zorgon

I wasn't aware that you were so heavily into this aspect though... I started out my search from this angle many years ago. The UFO stuff was just a passing interest at the time. I regret that now because I was around during the glory days but never got into it heavily till recently...

I was forced to start my search from the other angle, because of my sighting of course. Researching that subject matter you encounter items from Egypt all the time because of the claims of an ET connection.

It quickly became apparent that there was more than meets the eye going on at Giza. 

I tend to go along with your thinking on the age of the GP. There are structures and locations in Egypt that we have clear proof of who built it when. Then there are others where there is -no record- as to it's origin.

I find it interesting that these unknown structures exhibit amazingly powerful workmanship while by comparison the known ones are rather feeble attempts at imitation.

The Sphinx is Exhibit A of one of these unknowns being not 'new kingdom' or 'old kingdom' but how about 'super dooper -way- old kingdom'?

I regret that now because I was around during the glory days but never got into it heavily till recently...

You're lucky you got into it at all considering how thick the smokescreen is.

And the old timers are expiring rapidly

Look at the bright side. That is how we get affidavits like Walter Haut's.  ;)

I would be interested to hear your thoughts about the area in the GP circled in blue:

referred to as the 'antechamber'.

reply by zorgon

Rosicrucian tradition relates that the great pyramids of Giza were most sacred in the eyes of initiates. Contrary to what historians affirm, our tradition relates that the Giza pyramids were not built to be the tombs of pharaohs, but were actually places of study and mystical initiation. The mystery schools, over centuries of time, gradually evolved into great centers of learning, attracting students from throughout the known world.

http://www.rosicrucian.org/about/mastery/mastery08history.html

re: antechamber

I hadn't really given it much thought beyond the mathematical sacred geometry precision...

Are you referring to the hydraulic lift theory?

I am sure you have read Charles Piazzi Smyth's works. If not you should. He was an Archaeologist before they went bad.

"Charles Piazzi Smyth (January 3, 1819 – February 21, 1900), was Astronomer Royal for Scotland from 1846 to 1888, well-known for many innovations in astronomy and his pyramidological and metrological studies of the Great Pyramid of Giza."

Charles Piazzi Smyth
Our Inheritance in the Great Pyramid (1877)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Piazzi_Smyth

I note that most of the pop myths about Giza that have been fed to the public for decades by 'the experts' have been shown their proper place in the trash bin here.

Such as - Pyramids being used for tombs. That one got started early on when an 'egyptologist' desperate to make a find, dragged a mummy from an actual tomb inside a pyramid and then announced his 'discovery'.

He was later found out and the mummy returned, but the damage had been done.

The most telling proof is quite simple. Besides a mummy never being buried in one, in all real tombs the walls are adorned with hieroglyphics.

On the walls of the King's chamber and the entire Pyramid, there are none. (More on that later.)

reply by zorgon

Planting a mummy to prove a point  And people wonder why I detest Archaeologists

They also avoid the fact that the GP is a perfect structure and yet it is the oldest even by modern main stream reckoning. All the later ones decline in perfection. Now normal in construction project you learn as you go, getting better until you get it right... but with the GP its the exact opposite

They also avoid the fact that the GP is a perfect structure and yet it is the oldest even by modern main stream reckoning. All the later ones decline in perfection. Now normal in construction project you learn as you go, getting better until you get it right... but with the GP its the exact opposite
They also avoid the Inventory Stella that says Khufu only restored an already ancient structure. Unfortunately Hawass won't let anyone examine it... maybe now that he has resigned (again) we might have some luck on that, but I doubt it.

When listening to 'experts' tell you about who built what and when, be very careful to check how they 'know' this. A little research will quickly show you that most of the time, they 'think' they know who, but in reality they have NO real proof.

Such is the case with the age of The Sphinx, which is pivotal and extremely pertinent to the rest of Giza:

For decades we were told they knew who built it and when.

Then In 1993 'Egyptology' took a huge shock-wave when along came researcher
John Anthony West:

who turned out to have a sharp eye and made some very astute observations after wandering around Egypt for a while.

To his keen eye, it appeared that the body of The Sphinx looked incredibly weathered, decrepit and ancient, yet the head had a more recent look to it:

Odd he thought, considering the head is what has been exposed to the elements it's entire life, while the body has been covered and protected in sand for most of it's life. So it should appear the other way around shouldn't it?

Quite obviously the face had been re- carved in 'more recent times'.

But the enormity of how ancient the weathering of the body appeared to be is what really had his wheels turning. Also to his eye, it appeared different than the weathering he had seen in other locations during his wanderings around there.

He realized that if what he suspected were true, the results would cause the biggest storm 'Egyptology' has ever seen.

And so, he took some pictures of the body of the Sphinx and the surrounding enclosure walls, and covered portions of them with black tape. He then used his private connections to visit the geology department head of a prestigious university and showed him the pictures, and then asked him what had caused the erosion of this limestone bedrock.

His response was "Well... water of course."

John then peeled off the black tape and showed him what was beneath it in the photo.

The professor's eyes widened as he immediately realized the consequences of this and responded with "No no no, you can NOT get me involved with this!" and quickly showed John the door (and HERE take these with you!)

John knew he was on to something, and managed to find a young geologist, Dr. Robert Schoch:

...who was willing to travel to examine the evidence, and confirmed what the original professor had told him -

"Well... water of course... You see, water erodes layered limestone with rounded edges, while wind and sand erode layered limestone with sharp edges."

BIG problem... - There hasn't been any appreciable rainfall in Egypt for some 10,000 years! Plus the fact that this monument had to -already be in place- in order to be weathered by this rainfall!

The problem here is that - we are told by 'the experts' that as Humans we were still in the hunter-gatherer stage at that point. And yet, these primitives were able to cut and move these massive stone blocks to create this monument and use the resulting blocks to create the adjacent 'temple' shown here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTpb2RrsvQw[/youtube]

But yet we are supposed to believe that primitive hunter-gatherer's somehow had the technology to cut, move and reposition at will - massive blocks of bedrock limestone:

From John's online Bio -

"The ancient Egyptians themselves attributed their wisdom to an earlier age going back 36,000 years. West set out to test the hypothesis that the Sphinx was much older than its conventional date of 2500 BC. His findings provide the first hard evidence that an earlier age of civilization preceded the known development of civilization in the Nile valley."

He also proved that 'the experts' are providing us very flimsy guesses instead of facts, and so the field is wide open for anyone to go out and research the truth for themselves about The Giza Plateau.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:11:12 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
Re: Observations on The Sphinx and The Great Pyramid of Giza
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 12:37:35 am »
-continued-

As noted in a previous post, the purpose of this structure was clearly utilitarian by design, not funerary or ritualistic.

So what then was it's intended function?

...returning to our North to right orientation, we can see three empty slots, and a forth containing a granite slab:

This clearly is a Control Mechanism whose function to regulate what,
is 'currently unknown'.

We also can see on the Southern wall (as originally discovered circa 820 AD) four smaller grooves:

and here with a more recent 'repair' job:

Speculation holds that the three empty slots originally also held granite slabs:

With wooden rollers and rope to raise and lower them, using the one still in place as a counter-weight:

Apparent remnants of these slabs have been discovered in and outside of the GP.

And do they fit? -

The images above come from an interesting discussion of these Granite slabs here:

http://egyptologist.org/discus/messages/8/6102.html?1166677736

reply by zorgon

...It certainly does appear that something was being dammed off... water? If so to what end and at that height? Certainly way to elaborate to stop people...

(well this certainly isn't going to be much of a guessing game with zorgon playing ;) )

And that certainly is the million dollar question now init?

Is there anywhere else in the GP we can search for additional clues to this puzzle?

I say there is.

Just like the evidence of the age of the Sphinx, it has been in plain sight the whole time.

A while back I read a report that a high water mark was detectable on the outside of the Pyramid. It was being used to prove the Flood... but info seems to vanish all the time... either that or I am jumping time lines again 

I will try again see if it shows up now...

Maybe based on this? -

reply by zorgon

Maybe... and then all that sand that was filled in was sediment, not wind blown

Man you are no fun at all :P ;)

Well this is really odd... nothing like this ever showed up in previous searched

The Great Pyramid's Subterranean Chamber Hydraulic Pulse Generator

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/piramides/esp_piramide_11a.htm

The Great Pyramids of Eqypt were ram water pumps

http://www.atlaspub.20m.com/giza/index.htm

Well the problem I see with this one is:

Note the 2 'air shafts' leading to the 'Queens Chamber' are labeled Outlet and air duct.

The fact is these shafts never connected to the chamber, they stopped about 10 inches shy inside the wall. They were only discovered and broken open and explored in recent times (with little RC robots mounted with cams.)

So their design was never intended to provide air into this chamber.

I am familiar with this web page and theory, and it does provide many interesting theories. However in the end, I think it winds up being quite unnecessarily over the top and ultimately falls short of the mark.

The air shafts that are not air shafts are but one glaring example.

If he were blindfolded, I would tell him he had moved from cold to luke- warm.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:21:53 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 01:41:57 am »
-continued-

Originally posted by zorgon

Well this is really odd... nothing like this ever showed up in previous searched

The Great Pyramid's Subterranean Chamber Hydraulic Pulse Generator

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/piramides/esp_piramide_11a.htm

That page shows several pictures originally posted on John Cadman's own home page here -

on his Hydraulic Ram Pump research.

http://sentinelkennels.com/Research_Article_V41.html

Which goes into great detail on his theories on this subject, and if nothing else this page provides a great amount of detail on "The subterranean chamber" not found elsewhere, which 'experts' have always told us was an "Unfinished Chamber".

Huh??   :o

THE very first chamber, to be built before ALL ELSE in the GP, was "Unfinished"??

"Oh gee I dunno, just leave it for later and we'll figure somethin out."

Yeah right.

(also no 'check valve' or 'clack valve' ever found in GP)

The Great Pyramids of Eqypt were ram water pumps...

The problem I see here is the same one you mentioned earlier...

"...It certainly does appear that something was being dammed off... water? If so to what end and at that height?"

The bottom line for John is -

"...Anyone that has experienced the running model all come away saying that the pump function is secondary to the pulse generation.

The intense pulse is directed towards the King’s chamber causing it to resonate... "

In essence promoting the theory the GP is a hydraulic pulse generator.

I do not subscribe to that theory, but a very interesting read none the less, as is does contain details on certain areas in the GP not covered elsewhere.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:25:25 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:19:22 am »
-continued-

The descending passage (b) leading down to the 'unfinished' subterranean chamber (c) looks like this:

Are we to believe that this too is also "unfinished"?

Without this ramp and handrails added recently for tourists, what is left? Not a ceremonial passageway to be sure.

Again - this only points out the clearly utilitarian nature of this entire structure.

Could they have created it in a more polished manner if they had wished to do so?

Much like John Anthony West, a sharp- eyed fellow named Christopher Dunn did some wandering around Egypt and also observed some things that again - did not seem to match up with the story presented to us by 'the experts' :

"I'm not an Egyptologist, I'm a technologist. I do not have much interest in who died when, whom they may have taken with them and where they went to. No lack of respect is intended for the mountain of work and the millions of hours of study conducted on this subject by intelligent scholars (professional and amateur), but my interest, thus my focus, is elsewhere.

When I look at an artifact to investigate how it was manufactured, I am not concerned about its history or chronology. Having spent most of my career working with the machinery that actually creates modern artifacts, such as jet-engine components, I am able to analyze and determine how an artifact was created. I have also had training and experience in some non-conventional manufacturing methods, such as laser processing and electrical discharge machining."

...and what he found was - Evidence of Advanced Machining in Ancient Egypt -

http://www.gizapower.com/Advanced/Advanced%20Machining.html

"...The ancient Egyptians created artifacts that cannot be explained in simple terms.

These tools (primitive copper instruments) do not fully represent the "state of the art" that is evident in the artifacts.

There are some intriguing objects that survived after this civilization, and in spite of its most visible and impressive monuments, we have only a sketchy understanding of the full scope of its technology.

The tools displayed by Egyptologists as instruments for the creation of many of these incredible artifacts are physically incapable of reproducing them.

After standing in awe before these engineering marvels, and then being shown a paltry collection of copper implements in the tool case at the Cairo Museum, one comes away bemused and frustrated."

At first around the GP he noticed evidence of (in Granite mind you) -

Saw Blade Marks!

and then also evidence of - a Lathe!

The above are only a few examples of the information and pictures Christopher generously shares on his web page here:

http://www.gizapower.com/pma/index.htm

Another example he investigated is this Granite Box 7-1/2 ft. wide 9 ft. high 13-½ ft. long carved from a solid piece of Aswan pink granite found in the Rock tunnels of the Serapeum at Saqqarra:

His site is another one that I recommend an in- depth reading of because it provides details not found anywhere else. (Provided yet again by first hand investigation!) 

My final point here being -

Yes the Egyptians were obviously capable of producing a smooth polished finish on any material and structures they wished to do so, as evidenced in many temples and tombs around Egypt.

In the case of the GP they chose not to do so, as it was deemed unwarranted.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:27:04 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 03:00:01 am »
-continued-

A major re- think of context is sorely needed in regards to the AE due to the fact that the 'experts' have misled us on several points (covered in the previous posts) AND completely MISSED the evidence of the true age of The Sphinx that was in plain sight all along.

I find it a 'disservice to our collective history' and especially the AE themselves, to infer as the 'experts' regularly do, that they were a primitive superstitious bunch whose daily lives and entire focus of their society revolved around the famed - Book Of The Dead.

Since it is the only full length feature book ever discovered (so far), ALL explanations from the 'experts' regarding the AE invariably start with some reference or another to this funeral parlor manual laced with fairytales (aka religion) that may or may not have have hidden references for initiates.

What if future archaeologists were to unearth our remains and only be able to discover a funeral home containing a bible and reference manual for embalming. Would they too confidently describe us as gullible superstitious primitives obsessed with tales of the afterlife?

And to further insult us with claims that their engineering marvels were accomplished with copper tools is preposterous. The context in this case is a figure of 10,000 plus years. Way beyond the proffered 'copper age'.

Originally posted by Kandinsky

The point was all this stuff needs precursors...chains of discoveries and applied science.

reply posted by zorgon

Ya know... I use that same argument with the GP itself... it just magically appeared in all its perfection, and there is no precursor or drawings on how it was made. All the other poorer copies came later... but that always gets ignored... Why is that?

As to the Egyptians and electric stuff, my theory is that they were just trying to copy stuff seen or heard of from a more ancient race, but didn't have the full knowledge or all the parts, though Tesla didn't need wires  :P

I think what we are seeing in the drawings in certain places is just traces of an older time that they tried to reproduce. I really would love to have a look at that Inventory Stella... at least an accurate photo of it to decypher.

Sorry but I see modern main stream archaeologists as public enemy #1   ;D  Gimme the Indianna Jones type any day  or give me the key to the Smithsonian oopart vault for a couple days

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 03:28:47 am »
-continued-

Now let's take a closer look at what has been dubbed 'The Grand Gallery' (h):

Oooh that looks spooky! As the King's mummy ascends towards his 'Chamber'....

Oh wait sorry... that's right... the GP -is not- a burial chamber or tomb. (covered previously)

So can the spooky music and turn off those silly lights already so we can see what this passage really looks like.

Ahh thank you, much better. :D

Now isn't that interesting! And without that ramp and railings put in recently for tourists, I would imagine that would be quite a climb! No stairs for 'The Journey' ?

And what are all those 'divots' we see along the base on either side? And the little cubby holes on the wall behind each one? (2nd one from the right is missing it's 'cover'.)

Perhaps a little statue in each one with a candle to wish the King good luck on his journey?   ;D
(sorry couldn't resist  ;)  )

Now turning around we see the bottom of the 'Grand Gallery' and the top of 'The Ascending Passage' (e) with the entrance to 'The Queen's Chamber' (f) at our feet:

And here is the view from the bottom of the 'Ascending Passage' looking up.

And now the entrance to 'The Queen's Chamber':

We finally enter the chamber and....

Oh my! A rather shabby burial chamber for a Royal Egyptian Queen I must say.

No hieroglyphs adorning the walls or ceiling anywhere? I notice none of the hallways have any either.

Well then is the King's Chamber any better? (j)

Oh dear! And his royal coffin appears rather shabby also.   ::)   ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:31:23 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 03:43:48 am »

-continued-

The first person to enter the GP in more 'recent' times (AD 820) via breaking and entering was Caliph al-Ma'mun and his band of merry men.

His chosen entry point was the smaller one you see just below the larger original entrance that was later uncovered:

The original entrance gives us a glimpse at some of the massive behemoth stones lining the interior of the GP:

That entrance is now locked, and today tourists instead enter through al-Ma'mun's attempted heist entrance:

Who were then faced with a huge granite block overhead and the descending passage:

After discovering the descending passage and subterranean chamber were empty, it was decided to -tunnel around- the over head granite block until they came upon the Ascending passage:

This recent color shot shows better definition of the Granite block(s) (on the left) that they went around, and the beginning of the ascending chamber (in the center). Also the new steps (below) carved into the stone and handrails:

Also a closer shot of the Granite blocks:

al-Ma'mun and his men were of course crestfallen to discover the rest of the GP also empty.

We are told by the 'experts' that these Granite 'plugs' were put in place to block would- be tomb robbers.

Hmmm... now that didn't seem to work out too well now did it?

Now why would you put those in place knowing there is no tomb or treasure to rob?

Are we to believe it was robbed in ancient times before it was sealed?

Did they also steal all the funerary hieroglyphs off the walls?   ;D

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 04:05:19 am »
-continued-

A closer examination of 'The Pit' leading downward from the subterranean chamber reveals a few interesting details:

Which was discovered with "rubble" blocking the bottom and as you can see was excavated to at least 36 feet by Perring before giving up and moving on.

If memory serves later attempts to probe the remaining depth with metal rods managed to reach an additional 29 feet before being thwarted.

It is a rather nice 'pit' for an 'unfinished' room, considering the walls of this 'pit' were lined with marble slabs:

Now what could this nice 'Pit' possibly connect to?

Does the name 'recently discovered Bird Caves' beneath the Giza Plateau ring a bell with anyone?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:36:48 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 04:20:49 am »
-continued-

**DISCLAIMER** - I have previously tried to be clear on this point but just in case...

In the previous posts examining the GP, I have linked to several sites that contain detailed graphic and pictorial exhibits for examination of their respective area for only that purpose.

I commend them for their innovative thinking and efforts, but I do not however subscribe to any of the theories advanced by any of the authors of these sites.

I find them unnecessarily way over- complicated and in many cases just plain over the top and way missing the mark. And the end result of all these theories to my mind produce no tangible believable result.

It is reasonable to assume that Caliph al-Ma'mun spent some time pondering the anomalies he encountered in the GP:

Such as - all the square 'divots' along the sides of the grand gallery, that were then all re- covered as shown in previous photos. Here is one without it's 'cover'.

Note that the angle of all notches run parallel to the angle of the 'Grand Gallery', so one can reasonably assume that whatever stood or was held in these notches, -also- stood at an angle parallel to the angle of the 'Grand Gallery'.

He undoubtedly spent even more time pondering the meaning and function of this area:

To me, this area (and indeed even the entire GP) reminds me of when you got to turn the crank on the ancient game called 'Mousetrap':

Which you first had to laboriously assemble each component and then connect them together and arm each one for it's various purpose. After all elements perform their function, the cage then settles down upon the mouse and we are left with a spent device that needs it's various components re- armed and reset in order to perform it's main function again.

To my eye, the GP is like a spent game of Mousetrap, in need of having it's various parts reset and re- armed. I found that with a little time examining the various components and which need to be returned to their original position and re- armed, the primary purpose of this entire structure becomes self- evident.

For the moment I will leave it to the reader to examine and speculate on what these might be. I trust that the diagrams, pictures and various observations I have posted will assist in making this determination fairly easily.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:45:54 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 12:26:30 pm »
originally posted by zorgon

... I see modern main stream archaeologists as public enemy #1     Gimme the Indianna Jones type any day  or give me the key to the Smithsonian oopart vault for a couple days

And people wonder why my posts are full of sarcasm and mock 'the experts'.  ;D

One example is - I personally have seen the grandmaster expert of them all - Zawi Hawass - stand there on TV and tell us with a straight face that the reason for the air shafts in the King's chamber was so his soul would have a direction finder on which way to fly out of the GP to the desired star.

Then why are their 2 air shafts? Is this some kind of guessing game for his soul like Let's make a deal? What if he chooses the wrong one? Oops he lands on the wrong star?    ???  And what about the Queen's soul? She doesn't get any directions?   ::)

Oh puLEEZ stop already with the King's soul stuff and book of the dead mumbo jumbo!

I have listened to their flimsy theories long enough, I think it is high time people present a few of their own theories, they certainly couldn't do any worse!

Originally posted by thetiler
reply to post by A51Watcher

Enjoyed Chris Dunn's pics! Way to go! His is truly on to something very important.

Yeah certainly nothing to see there eh?

Now move along folks... ;D

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:30:47 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 12:50:56 am »
So what are your conclusions then on what the GP used for, damming water?  It is hard for my intelligence to follow so sorry if I am asking silly questions.  As your read your post I immediately came to the conclusion that the water damage could have been due to the Great Flood, but to be honest I dont know when that happened exactly.

Can you explain what you think they were built for, sorry I know Im dumb but I am interested.
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 12:42:31 pm »

I'll start with this one -

sorry I know Im dumb but I am interested.

Not at all biggles, people have been pondering it's purpose for centuries now.

I decided to present my observations in that manner because I realized that the only way to 'get it' is for one to see it for yourself.

So what are your conclusions then on what the GP used for, damming water?

No I don't think damming water was the purpose. But believe me I considered that option along with a million others while pondering what the exposed machinery could be used for.

My thought on damming was - well maybe, but not very likely... something else perhaps?

zorgon also added "at that height?... and for what purpose?", both valid observations in my view, which discount the possibility of their purpose being for damming.

zorgon's 'damming water' comment was more directed toward my question of what type of material those slabs would be suited to regulating. Certainly not gas or air since that passage is not even close to airtight.

I agree with his estimate that water would certainly seem a more likely answer as to what they would be suited to regulating the flow of.

Or perhaps sensing the flow of.

Let's keep those 2 possibilities in mind as we explore other area's.

As your read your post I immediately came to the conclusion that the water damage could have been due to the Great Flood, but to be honest I dont know when that happened exactly.

Neither does anyone else. Lots of speculation but no hard facts on the exact period. But certainly that's something to keep in mind while pondering the purpose of the GP.

Can you explain what you think they were built for...

It will be my pleasure since you are interested and apparently have not found my ramblings to be sheer lunacy yet up to this point.  ;D

Allow me to answer that question by asking a few questions:

What would look different inside the GP if all the moving parts we are aware of were returned to their original position?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 01:05:37 pm by A51Watcher »

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 04:28:48 pm »
Well let me see, I will put a few of my thoughts out there but their not going to be the right ones ofcourse.

What about what a windmill does?  Something like that.  I dont know if I can come up with something else, too hard, but I will look back over your posts and give it another try hon.

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 04:58:58 pm »
Maybe a kind of trap for the enemy?

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 05:33:30 pm »
What about what a windmill does?

Maybe a kind of trap for the enemy?

Very creative ideas. I don't think the evidence supports the windmill function idea, and as far as a trap for enemies or intruders, I certainly would have been very leery of crossing that passage without putting a pole or something through there first to see if it was booby trapped. In retrospect it does not appear that it was.

Let's try to reconstruct the interior of the GP to it's original appearance and see if that provides any clues.

For instance, let's speculate that this area:

originally must have looked like this:

That would seem to be a reasonable assumption based on available evidence.

Is there anywhere else in the GP we can restore parts to their original position?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:49:10 pm by A51Watcher »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]