collapse

Author Topic: "Montauk Chronicles" the movie  (Read 4627 times)

sky otter

"Montauk Chronicles" the movie
« on: May 27, 2012, 04:48:18 pm »
 ::)
not sure WHERE this should go...but sounds like a movie lots here would go see

'Montauk Chronicles' Claims Time Travel, Mind Control, Aliens At Camp Hero
 Lee Speigel

lee.speigel@huffingtonpost.com
Posted: 05/24/2012 7:13 pm Updated: 05/24/2012 7:52 pm

Montauk, N.Y., is a picturesque, oceanside resort community on the tip of Long Island, where the rich and famous have fun in the sun. Montauk is also known for Camp Hero, a decommissioned Air Force base.

Conspiracy theorists and people who say they have spent time there claim Camp Hero was once used for bizarre, secret experiments that included mind control, time travel and contact with extraterrestrials. All of these claims are presented in "Montauk Chronicles," a new movie that has its world premiere Friday in the resort town.

While the movie features interviews with real people, much of the film centers around dramatic recreations of events they claim happened to them.

"Montauk Chronicles" movie trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-C1ESlGlYE0[/youtube]

"When you walk through the area, you see this giant, imposing radar tower that still stands," said Christopher Garetano, executive producer, writer and director of "Montauk Chronicles." "Above ground, there are also huge doors, or bunkers, cemented and sealed into the sides of several hills in the forest area."

Throughout the wooded park area are what appear to be manhole covers -- capping passages that lead where?

"These obviously go down into something," said Garetano, pictured left at Camp Hero. "Some people claim that these are entrances to underground tunnel systems that ran beneath the military base that would supposedly bring you to the actual entrance of the facility."

Camp Hero's roots are traceable to the Revolutionary War, when it was a facility to test military cannons. During World War II, the base was an important coastal defense against potential Nazi intrusions.

"Montauk Chronicles" tells the story of three men, Alfred Bielek, Stewart Swerdlow and Preston Nichols, who claim they were involved when Camp Hero reportedly became an underground site for scientific experiments and atrocities.

"At first I didn't believe their stories," Garetano told The Huffington Post. "These men have not benefited financially -- they didn't gain anything from this, and they've endured ridicule as they maintained their story."

Bielek, a retired electrical engineer who recently died, told of being part of the legendary Philadelphia Experiment (http://www.skepdic.com/philadel.htmlin) 1943, in which the U.S. Navy is said to have tried to make a destroyer undetectable to radar.

The way Bielek's story unfolded, the Navy test ended in disaster, causing the ship to supposedly travel through time. He maintained that he was recruited in 1970 to work on mind control and time travel projects at the Montauk secret facility.

"Alfred claimed he was a programmer who designed sequences where kidnapped boys were experimented on to become psychic spies and he said he was part of these psychic manipulations," said Garetano.

Nichols, like Bielek, was an electrical engineer. He says he worked with Bielek at the Camp Hero location and that he also saw extraterrestrials there.

"We had the little grays and larger grays as well as a variety of reptilian beings," said Nichols. "The large grays didn't want anything to do with me. ... When I entered a room, they would leave."

PHOTOS OF CAMP HERO:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/montauk-chronicles-time-travel-aliens_n_1543063.html?ref=weird-news

Swerdlow, who said he was one of many young boys kidnapped from their homes, claimed he was taken to the Montauk base and subjected to experiments.

"Beatings, a lot of torture, electrical shock, burials, near-drownings -- they'd bring you to the point of death and then they would save you, and the person doing this would be your rescuer and would say, 'I'm the one that saved you and remember that.' And that became your handler," Swerdlow recalled in the film.

After spending so much time with the men whose claims included the creation of a beast from thought waves, Garetano had many doubts about the movie he created. "I don't just want to dismiss everything they said. They were subject to a lot of ridicule, but stayed consistent with what they said for many years, including Alfred right up until his death," said Garetano.

The filmmaker admitted he was affected by his involvement with his movie subjects. "The one thing that Preston and Alfred acknowledged was the fact that they seemed a little crazy, but they said there was a reason for that -- they felt it was being done to them," Garetano said. "I would think if I was exposed to all of this for a certain number of years, I would go crazy, because I was going crazy making this movie!"

"Montauk Chronicles" will premiere at Gurney's Inn, an 86-year-old celebrated resort, pictured below, just a few miles from Camp Hero.

"There are a lot of good stories about that area out there. When I came out here in the 1960s, the Air Force still had an active base, so most of the kids I went to grade school with were kids from the base -- they were Air Force brats," said Paul Monte, the general manager of Gurney's Inn and president of the Montauk Chamber of Commerce.

"I remember stories about time travel and secret underground experiments and aliens," Monte said. "Through the years, we've seen lots of characters in Montauk and we've often used that explanation to explain their existence."

Monte told HuffPost that many of the legends of the Camp Hero facility ring true to him and residents of the area. "Oh, I believe that there were things going on there back in the 1940s and '50s -- that some level of government activity was taking place out there," he said. "The fact that we had an Air Force base out here in Montauk, which was a very remote area during that time, and the fact that it was set up in such a way as to disguise it as a little fishing village so that it wouldn't appear to be what it actually was for many years -- I think there's probably some truth to the fact that there were things going on here that were a little bit outside the norm."

Not to be left out in the weirdness that sometimes surrounds Montauk, Monte counts himself as one of many UFO eyewitnesses in the area.

"People look at me a little funny when I tell them about my experience one night in the early 1980s. I followed a very odd light that was at treetop level for about 12 miles, almost out to Camp Hero before it disappeared. It wasn't a plane or star, and it was tracking pretty much as I was driving.

"I still hang on to my beliefs that there are definitely other things out there, and I'm sure they've been here and we're not alone."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/montauk-chronicles-time-travel-aliens_n_1543063.html?ref=weird-news

Montauk ProjectFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Montauk Project was alleged to be a series of secret United States government projects conducted at Camp Hero or Montauk Air Force Station on Montauk, Long Island for the purpose of developing psychological warfare techniques and exotic research including time travel. Jacques Vallée[1] describes allegations of the Montauk Project as an outgrowth of stories about the Philadelphia Experiment.

OverviewConspiracy theories about the Montauk Project have circulated since the early 1980s. According to astrophysicist and UFO researcher Jacques Vallée, the Montauk Experiment stories seem to have originated with the account of Preston Nichols, who claimed to have recovered repressed memories of his own involvement.[1]

There is no definitive version of the Montauk Project narrative, but the most common accounts describe it as an extension or a continuation of the Philadelphia Experiment, alleged to have taken place in 1943.[citation needed] According to proponents, the Philadelphia Experiment supposedly aimed to render the USS Eldridge invisible to radar detection with disastrous results.[citation needed] Surviving researchers from the Philadelphia Experiment met in 1952-1953 with the aim of continuing their earlier work on manipulating the "electromagnetic shielding" that had been used to make the USS Eldridge invisible to radar and to the naked eye, and they wished to investigate the possible military applications of magnetic field manipulation as a means of psychological warfare.[citation needed]

Common versions of the tale have the researchers' initial proposals rebuffed by the United States Congress due to fears over the potential dangers of the research. Instead, the researchers bypassed Congress and received support from the Department of Defense, after promising the development of a weapon that could instantly trigger psychotic symptoms. The conspiracy theory relates that the funding came from a large cache of Nazi gold found in a train by U.S. soldiers near the Swiss border in France. Proponents allege that the train was destroyed, and all the soldiers involved in the discovery were killed as part of a coverup.[citation needed]

After funding was in place, work allegedly began at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) on Long Island, New York under the name of the "Phoenix Project", but the project soon required a large and advanced radar dish. The United States Air Force had a decommissioned base at Montauk, New York, not far from BNL, which had a complete SAGE radar installation. The site was large and remote, with Montauk Point not yet a tourist attraction. Water access supposedly allowed equipment to be moved in and out undetected. Key to the Montauk Project allegations, the SAGE radar worked on a frequency of 400 MHz - 425 MHz, providing access to the range of 410 MHz - 420 MHz signals said by theory proponents to influence the human mind.[citation needed]

However, Montauk Air Force Station remained in operation until 1981. The site was opened to the public on September 18, 2002 as Camp Hero State Park. The radar tower has been placed on the State and National Register of Historic Places. There are plans for a museum and interpretive center, focusing on World War II and Cold War-era history.

.......................................................................................

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WXd3PtgBOU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puUkFVymIJ0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5hl7RtrXQc[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:05:25 pm by sky otter »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Re: "Montauk Chronicles" the movie
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 06:36:58 pm »
OMG.  If I had the money to pay for gas in My friend's car to get down the island...and for entrance...I would LOVE to go to the opening of this!

I have a memory of My dad, around 1962, taking My mom and My sister down the island and leaving Us on the dunes out there on the south side while He went on ahead, coming back a number of hours later.  Dad was an electrical engineer...  Where else might He have been going but Camp Hero?  Nothing else out there.

I want more info!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

sky otter

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 07:13:31 pm »

holy crap Ama..how much more info do you want.. ;D ?
and on what level..
about the movie
or the place
?

you could probably tell us stuff..

anyway here's the official site for the movie

http://www.mtkchronicles.com/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:33:54 pm by sky otter »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:16:11 pm »
LOL!  I want to know what My dad was doing while We were living on Long Island from 1959 to 1962.  I want to know all the gory details HE knew.

I haven't even read the Montauk Project.  [sigh]  And until I get that Flash virus ousted from My machine, I'm not trying to watch vids - they play for 1/2 a second, hitch for 1/2 and second, and then do it again, over and over - and then My machine runs like a slug until I reboot.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 08:49:07 pm »
Amaterasu.... from the thread above I found this exceptionally interesting as I think that you would too....

"Surviving researchers from the Philadelphia Experiment met in 1952-1953 with the aim of continuing their earlier work on manipulating the "electromagnetic shielding" that had been used to make the USS Eldridge invisible to radar and to the naked eye, and they wished to investigate the possible military applications of magnetic field manipulation as a means of psychological warfare.[citation needed]

YUP.... I want to see that citation and why this statement was made.....Because I know exactly who my Dad was talking to and meeting with during that time frame and if any group fit the description of the possible " surviving members?" of an experiment that happened nine or ten years earlier.... I think that should be looked into.

So you lived on Long Island from 1959 to 1962... Thats VERY interesting,  Indeed.

Pyschological warfare you say. Gee. Who would have guessed.  Things are not always the nasty situation that they are painted Amy..... but its a good camoflage net to hide behind. And the wilder the stories... the more the protection..... Stephenson ( or was it Churchill said  once)When the truth is close to being uncovered..... cover it with a bigger lie.       Linda

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 04:27:43 am »
So...  Why is My living on LI during those years interesting, and who was Your dad meeting with ten years prior?  You can be somewhat...cryptic.  [grin]

See...  I struggle to keep time lines and such straight - maybe I need to revisit the timeline rose offered - and names I go crazy with.  Any straightforward explanations would be lovely.  [smile]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:14:38 am by Amaterasu »

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 05:13:15 am »
that sorta reminds me of this 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmc1GlwJa6E[/youtube]
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Cosmic4life

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 06:46:29 pm »
M K Ultra should probably be a section in it's own right...

It never was just about Presidential Models or Manchurian Candidates or Human Recorders.

An Onion can taste like an Apple....No pain or damage from direct flame....Teleportation of Objects....etc etc  all can occur when the pilot is removed from the driving seat (Hypnosis).

So...the human mind..free from restriction protocol residing in the Limen...is capable of many things.

With this in mind Montauk would then be in its proper place.

We are restricted in our present abilities because we have yet to break through the Valley of Darkness...the Id...Until we can control our emotions and be wise as Serpents.

Where is mind ....everywhere..it permeates all....Maybe the Higgs Field/Zero-point.....an un-restricted mind...is a spark of divine and can manifest anything....but to have an un-restricted mind first you must be able to pass the Valley of Darkness (The Id) ...Be Humble,Fear not,Anger not  ring a bell ??

M K Ultra should be the Section title...Montauk should be placed there IMHO.

Cosmic..

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 07:16:01 pm »
Amy,

You said...."See...  I struggle to keep time lines and such straight - maybe I need to revisit the timeline rose offered - and names I go crazy with.  Any straightforward explanations would be lovely.  [smile]« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:14:38 AM by Amaterasu » Report

I would not worry about it Amaterasu. The things that we have been talking about are beginning to be studied by others as well so you might not have the responsibility for linking things. Especially if you have a natural hardship over connecting names. That might be a part of the protective shell that this " program " had to keep you and others like you from developing ahead of the rest.... As it is.... I can sense that everything is moving forward in one uniform magnificent wave... and we are all together as it rises and pushes forward.

I will wager that your Dads associations in San Diego linked with Convair will lead directly to high level conferences with Floyd Odlum.... and through him sort of sideways to Dad......But lets just watch as things unfold.

Sorry about being cryptic but I have no other choice when I either don't have enough information or have it but cant mention it.... yet.... Linda

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 09:17:38 pm »
I rather had a sense that there is information You have but are, for valid if not understood (by Me) reasons, not releasing.  I will hope the time when the information can be released approaches.  [smile]

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 09:49:38 pm »
Thanks Amaterasu. Just so you understand that it is not something that is in my hands to release just yet. And knowing something and then not being able to talk about it has its own brand of pain.

Linda

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 10:11:01 pm »
Believe Me, Linda, I can understand fully.  [smile]  I am patient.  Waiting is.  (Heinlein, anyOne?)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56