collapse

Author Topic: Crater Chains  (Read 44995 times)

Offline Lunica

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 37
  • Its al Music
    • AVB Music Productions
Re: Crater Chains
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2014, 12:23:29 pm »
That looks exactly like Shoemaker-Levy 9 would have looked like .....

I am sorry, but I really dont see exaclty the same. The only resemblance I see is a line of impacts. But totally different in result.  ::)

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2014, 12:49:57 pm »
You guys crack me up!   ;D  Or crater me up, as it were.
Time is the fire in which we burn.

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2014, 02:14:01 pm »
Incorrect, it is several THOUSAND miles wide.  ;D
That has no bearing on whether the chains are caused by breaking up objects like meteorites/comets.

Cracking up.  That is the cause. :P

Offline Toltec

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2014, 01:08:57 pm »
Your highest level of ingnorancia is when you reject something you know nothing about ...

Offline Toltec

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2015, 10:51:38 am »
I just saw some last photos of Ceres, it is a picture cratercheins, but do not look good, I've seen in PS cs6 and curiously reversing the photo looks in depth and as it should be, the other is the negative .
I wonder: is it normal to have such big mistakes by NASA?
Your highest level of ingnorancia is when you reject something you know nothing about ...

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2015, 03:25:47 pm »
I just saw some last photos of Ceres, it is a picture cratercheins, but do not look good, I've seen in PS cs6 and curiously reversing the photo looks in depth and as it should be, the other is the negative .
I wonder: is it normal to have such big mistakes by NASA?
What mistakes? ???

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2015, 07:41:05 pm »
What mistakes? ???

I assumed the mistakes that Toltec mentioned were related to the thought that this photo is  a negative of the actual photo, with craters showing as bumps instead craters with depth. I too think that is probably right! 

Offline Toltec

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2015, 01:07:56 am »

ArTmap:

And I wonder: how is it possible mistakes and put that photo on the official website ?, another thing: Photo of Dawn are digital or analog ?, I think digital, so the option "INVERT" CS6 is not necessary. ..Property is very strange.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2015, 08:39:34 am »
ArTmap:
No, ArMaP, no "T". :)

And I wonder: how is it possible mistakes and put that photo on the official website ?
And I'm still asking, what mistakes? Could you please try to explain what you mean? I always like to know what I'm discussing, so I like to start with some definitions, so when you talk about mistakes I like to know what you are calling "mistakes.

another thing: Photo of Dawn are digital or analog ?
Digital, obviously.

I think digital, so the option "INVERT" CS6 is not necessary. ..Property is very strange.
Invert necessary for what? Everything looks OK in the photo.

PS: you can try to explain what you mean in your own language, if you have problems explaining it in English.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2015, 12:35:33 pm »
I assumed the mistakes that Toltec mentioned were related to the thought that this photo is  a negative of the actual photo, with craters showing as bumps instead craters with depth. I too think that is probably right!

Yes I agree that is what it sounds like

Reversing the image will effect the eyesight  Many people cannot see it and think a crater is a hill or visa versa.

For some reason when an image is reversed (Flipped not a negative) our brain can then see the correct crater or hill perspective

This is likely because everything we see is FLIPPED  we are seeing the world upside down

When we use a camera  the camera also does this so in effect it is a double flip

Reversing the image removes one flip  like THIS

How the Eye sees an image

This is a basic pinhole camera  You can do this at home with a candle in a dark room and punch a hole in a piece of card board

So the Camera inverts the image onto the film... but the eye also inverts the image of the Photograph   So flipping the photo effectively eliminates one flip

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2015, 12:37:09 pm »
another thing: Photo of Dawn are digital or analog ?

Doesn't matter which because inverting is a LENS function not the type of camera or recording surface

Offline Toltec

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2015, 01:12:41 pm »
No, ArMaP, no "T". :)
And I'm still asking, what mistakes? Could you please try to explain what you mean? I always like to know what I'm discussing, so I like to start with some definitions, so when you talk about mistakes I like to know what you are calling "mistakes.
Digital, obviously.
Invert necessary for what? Everything looks OK in the photo.

PS: you can try to explain what you mean in your own language, if you have problems explaining it in English.

Hola ArMaP, disculpa el no haber escrito bien tu nombre.
Lo que quiero decir es; no entiendo por que la NASA coloca fotos invertidas, se ven mal y no se entienden, a no ser que no quieran que la veas bien, si la foto es digital al revelarla no es necesario invertirla o pasar la a negativo….,la foto que ha colocado la NASA está al revés, pasala por CS6 y la veras bien, así se pueden apreciar los craterchain….era eso solamente
un cordial saludo.

Armap Hello, sorry for not having written your name right.
What I say is; I do not understand that NASA puts photos inverted, are wrong and do not understand, unless they do not want you to see, if the photo is digital the disclosure is not necessary to invest or spend the negative ....,the picture that NASA is placed upside down, put it in CS6 and really well so you can see the crater chain... that was it only
best regards.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2015, 02:07:10 pm »
NASA pictures of the Moon are taken from over head  so there really is no up or down in the images.

I rotate and reverse images all the time when analysing an image to get different perspective

The number of small crater strings is interest.  It may be the Planet is so small that the rocks bounce, like skipping a stone on water... though in that case each bounce gets shorter as the rock slows down

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2015, 02:30:38 pm »
Hola ArMaP, disculpa el no haber escrito bien tu nombre.
Lo que quiero decir es; no entiendo por que la NASA coloca fotos invertidas, se ven mal y no se entienden, a no ser que no quieran que la veas bien, si la foto es digital al revelarla no es necesario invertirla o pasar la a negativo….,la foto que ha colocado la NASA está al revés, pasala por CS6 y la veras bien, así se pueden apreciar los craterchain….era eso solamente
un cordial saludo.

Armap Hello, sorry for not having written your name right.
What I say is; I do not understand that NASA puts photos inverted, are wrong and do not understand, unless they do not want you to see, if the photo is digital the disclosure is not necessary to invest or spend the negative ....,the picture that NASA is placed upside down, put it in CS6 and really well so you can see the crater chain... that was it only
best regards.
Thanks for the explanation (I understood better the Spanish version). :)

That photo doesn't look inverted to me, it looks similar to the other photos from Ceres, only brighter, and I can see the crater chains with no problems, that's why I didn't understood what you meant.

What I find strange on that photo is the clear cut on the top right corner, better seen in the image below, as if someone had cut around the photo to make it look like the horizon.

PS: many people have called me ArTmap, but there's no Art in me. ;D

Offline Toltec

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »
All have an artist inside .... :)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter