collapse

Author Topic: T.A.P., You're It  (Read 49474 times)

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
Re: T.A.P., You're It
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 03:12:44 pm »
it's because these are the guys you are up against.  they don't care if millions or even billions of people disagree.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:55:45 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 06:41:14 pm »
it's because these are the guys you are up against.  they don't care if millions or even billions of people disagree.

If all of Us who are not Them take control, those few Them have no say.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 06:50:22 pm »
If all of Us who are not Them take control, those few Them have no say.

Problem with that is you don't know who THEM are... you cannot identify the real seat of power.  And as long as they remain hidden, focusing on a generic PTB or imagined 'Illuminati" will do little

And maybe some of THEM are here and now....  at least it looks that way when ya check IP hits :P

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 08:00:03 pm »
It doesn't matter who They are, z.  If 99% of Us are going a different direction, that 1% ain't gonna hold Us back.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 08:05:06 pm »
99%? That is a lofty goal... I have yet to get 4 people in a room all go in the same direction :P and that was with people on the same page ;)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 08:10:22 pm »
If I get 10% I'm at the tipping point.  If The tipping point is hit I will have a good 90%.

And 90% should be good enough.

I'm sure if You asked People, 99% would say They would retire with an unlimited bank account - the essence of TAP lifestyle - so I just may get 99%.

Big difference between arguing about the nit-pickies of how to proceed with planning an event or whatever.

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2012, 12:31:59 pm »
What are They going to do?  If the three Laws are not broken, They have nothing.
OK, lets say I am a Psychopath or religious extremist.  I make guns, raise a small army and try to run my City and break the three laws.  What happens then?

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2012, 12:46:13 pm »
OK, lets say I am a Psychopath or religious extremist.  I make guns, raise a small army and try to run my City and break the three laws.  What happens then?

There would be people who would be willing to do something about it.  People have often talked about how the Indian caste system (the Varnashramadharma was supposedly such a terrible thing, but what they don't understand is that the four varnas were actually intended to be a reflection of natural, dynamic self-organisation.

Brahmanas - Priests, sages, scientists.
Kshatriya - Kings, police, military.
Vaisya - The suits, basically.  Corporate staff, businesspeople of various kinds, shop owners, merchants.
Sudra - Unskilled labour.

These four groups have always existed within any society on Earth, no matter how the social system that was present tried to organise itself.  It's unlikely that that would change within TAP; said people would simply have different roles than they do now.  The four groups simply recognise these four perpetual categories of human nature.  Position in the varnas was never meant to be hereditary in formal terms, because it isn't in real terms either.  Someone might have the Brahmana nature as one individual, but that doesn't mean that their child is going to; the child could well be a Sudra.

To go back to your analogy, though; a group of Kshatriya (that is, individuals who were naturally/inherently militaristically inclined) would temporarily arm themselves and deal with you.  Before you ask whether or not said group might try and stage a coup afterwards, then from my perspective at least, it would be almost completely pointless for them to do so. 

The reason why, is that whether via ECG or one of the other sources, I estimate that space travel would become mainstream more or less immediately following TAP's implementation.  As a result, even assuming that either a portion or the totality of the Earth's surface was somehow captured by a militant group, it would be unlikely that such terrorists would succeed in dominating the entire population.  Most would be off-world, and if they wanted to try and chase every last one of us down through space and round us all up, they'd be more than welcome. ;)
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 05:24:23 pm »
Problem with that is you don't know who THEM are... you cannot identify the real seat of power.  And as long as they remain hidden, focusing on a generic PTB or imagined 'Illuminati" will do little

And maybe some of THEM are here and now....  at least it looks that way when ya check IP hits :P

Very astute observation.

More likely suspects:

187.XX.XX.156
Santa Cruz De Sul...

82.XX.XX.47
Nottingham...

87.XXX.XXX.151
Utrecht...

72.XX.XXX.95
Largo...

EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »
OK, lets say I am a Psychopath or religious extremist.  I make guns, raise a small army

Let's discuss this army.  Describe the approach to these People You might take to convince Them to follow You... 

and try to run my City and break the three laws.  What happens then?

Well, IF You figure out a way to get People behind You, and Others are not happy about it, They tweet, email, whatever, and word gets out, and Those who care will move to find the truth, examining any evidence brought forth on the web from all sides - Personal Witness recordings, Testimonies, etc.  - and then We who care will decide.

But I'm thinking You would not get that army - at best You might form a gang with a few Others who share ideology outside the simple Laws.  What will You offer Them They don't already have to follow You?

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2012, 08:55:13 pm »
To go back to your analogy, though; a group of Kshatriya (that is, individuals who were naturally/inherently militaristically inclined) would temporarily arm themselves and deal with you.  Before you ask whether or not said group might try and stage a coup afterwards, then from my perspective at least, it would be almost completely pointless for them to do so. 

In other words, the situation will be handled stigmergicly.  The leaders will emerge, much like Anonymous's leaders seem to have.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2012, 09:53:31 pm »
Let's discuss this army.  Describe the approach to these People You might take to convince Them to follow You...

Well lets see.... offer them free food and booze... make sure I have dancing girls in the camp and from time to time give them a piece of paper of recognition for deeds well done..

That ought to cover it... well at least that worked for me :D

It is surprisingly easy to raise a Loyal Army.  All you need to be aware of is the Law of Vassalage.  When you find out what a person's price is to be your Loyal Vassal, you need only meet that price and you will have followers

Now one example is Bjarki the Black... a very big fellow... special ops.  He contracted as my personal body guard for a "year and a day"

Here he is beside then Governor of Nevada Kenny Guinn and two TV 3 news people.

What your program doesn't allow for is that there are MANY people like Bjarki that live for the battle... and most of them are big and mean looking (Bjarki is a pussy cat unless you cross him ;)

Well, IF You figure out a way to get People behind You, and Others are not happy about it, They tweet, email, whatever, and word gets out, and Those who care will move to find the truth, examining any evidence brought forth on the web from all sides - Personal Witness recordings, Testimonies, etc.  - and then We who care will decide.

Though they have said that the pen is mightier than the sword, I think your Tweets would not fare to well against my Claymore

Ah the nostalgia.... I feel the need to recruit again :D  Any takers?

But I'm thinking You would not get that army - at best You might form a gang with a few Others who share ideology outside the simple Laws.  What will You offer Them They don't already have to follow You?

I have seen grown men cry when receiving a Knighthood after a good battle... you have NO IDEA the power of this until you have experienced it first hand. If you could, you would understand how easy it is to get an army together.

It has been this way throughout history... I do not see it changing anytime soon.  Our medieval groups number in the TENS of THOUSANDS world wide. The SCA alone has 35,000 plus members.

And these are the honorable ones... :D I won't even get into those survivalist armies everywhere
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:58:55 pm by zorgon »

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2012, 10:30:10 pm »
In other words, the situation will be handled stigmergicly.  The leaders will emerge, much like Anonymous's leaders seem to have.

So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.

Do that, and no other shall say nay.

-- Aleister Crowley
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2012, 12:51:13 am »
Dream on! It is not in the heart of earthly man to live like robots, nor to be 25/7 cared for by robots. This is a made-up approach to life, and is as "fictional" as fiction can get. I personally like some fiction, but, i certainly don't try to turn it into my (nor others) reality of life!!

A couple of thoughts where some form of this would be in vogue - - long-term space voyages. I would envision those to be all-things-provided societies, which could continue even after landing, if somewhat permanent. But that thought is presently pretty much fiction too. And even then, man will still be man, with all of his weaknesses and shortcomings.

The other thought is related to "heaven", is biblical scripture, which is definitely not fiction. But I won't go into any farther detail on that here except to say that heaven will involve the "spiritual man", not the "earthly man", so the "heart" of the heavenly man will certainly be different, as will his every thought and action.   

There are many many needs of people all over the world that await the someone(s) who can give them help. But a fact of life, is.....usually "MONEY" is needed to address those needs. Right-now problems like that are all over and every where. But, there are so few "champions" who will stand up and be a part of helping address the real needs of the day TODAY - only a few!  :o

(Mostly just my opinions)

Captain Dave

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2012, 01:41:08 am »

I think there are so many Psyop groups doing so many things, no one know's exactly what's really going on. I mean Who could?! Everyones got their agenda and the illusion of control, but it's all too deep to see it all.

Just when one group catches a glimpse of "the truth", it changes. That's why I say what we have now is little more than organized chaos.

Only a truly supreme being could see all things - And understand them. My basic label for that "Supreme Being" is "God". I believe that "God" is (simply put) all things joined together as one thing. You name it, whatever it may be and it is a part of "God". 

Now I know alot of people are touchy about religion, and I'm not talking about religion. I'm talking about a label for every thing joined together as one thing... Past, Present, Dogs, Cat's, Dust, Infinity, Thoughts, You, Me... EVERYTHING. Call it by whatever label you choose -call it the Universe instead of God if thats your thing.

Pretty much the only thing I do know is that it Exists and it's Alive, and it Thinks and Hears and See's and It's the only one that really knows whats going on. The rest of us are just guessing.

( That's who I go to for the best advice and pretty much the only one I really trust because people are known to lie. )   ;)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:47:45 am by Captain Dave »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]