collapse

Author Topic: The Earth Is Flat - THEY have been lying to you!  (Read 14718 times)

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
Re: The Earth Is Flat - THEY have been lying to you!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 05:16:05 pm »
If the Earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.

Shasta

HA,HA,HA, gold for that too as well Shasta, that was brilliant honey. xo
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 05:59:30 pm »
What shape is it in the Bible?  In the Qur'an  it is flat  :P

Ha ha!! The shape of the Earth has never been in question for me!! Without a doubt, it is spherical/globular body which was in the beginning formed by God. "What does the Bible say about its shape", you ask?

Genesis 1:1-2 says,

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

It does seem that in the beginning that "the Earth was without form, and void.......", but in the succeeding passages, for some reason, God apparently didn't see a need to go into detail about its actual shape.

It is interesting that words like globe, ball, and sphere didn't even come into existence until sometime after 1100 AD. So, putting the Earth's shape into laymen's terms/understanding might have been difficult before that time, doncha think.

If the Earth were actually flat, as some contend, then it would be a very paradoxical and unique piece in the Universe that we now have some knowledge about. None of the other "planets" in our Solar system are "flat", and we know that by scientific fact - unless one takes the assumption that all that we know about what we see with telescopes and otherwise is totally unreal - and that is in the realm of pure "make believe"! IMO!  ;)  ;)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 06:15:02 pm »
It is interesting that words like globe, ball, and sphere didn't even come into existence until sometime after 1100 AD. So, putting the Earth's shape into laymen's terms/understanding might have been difficult before that time, doncha think.
Both "globe" and "sphere" come from Latin, so they have an older origin, even if they weren't used in English until later.

But you don't know a specific word to describe a shape when you can compare it with the shape of some know object, in the same way some people during Columbus' time thought that the Earth was pear-shaped, they could say that the Earth was orange-shaped or whatever.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 07:47:01 pm »
How interesting that I just put up an article yesterday called Putting the Flat Earth to Bed on My forum...  And here this is popping up again!

The text:

I tire of repeating, over and over, these facts, so... I will post them here and start linking.

First, the north-centric model (Dubay, et al) does not work - it would have the stars in the "south" whipping by at a fair clip in nearly straight lines, with different stars seen from different southern points. But the stars in the south circle around a point (no visible star there) mirroring the behavior of those in the north, always due south from wherever One can see it (anywhere in the southern hemisphere).

Second, on a flat plain, when going upward, once You get above things that block the view, You would see all You can see. Going up further will show no more. But when We go upwards, We see more and more of the planet, exactly like One would going up from the surface of a ball.

Third, the flat earth "movement" is RIFE with disingenuous arguments - ignoring scale, gravity, optics, friction, refraction, AND misstating distances to "prove" flatness. WHY does the truth need even ONE disingenuous argument?

Fourth, though the flat earth proponents have said that if You get a stronger instrument, it will bring ships back into view that sank, hull to crows nest, at the horizon, I have watched ships sink with binoculars and then switched to a fairly powerful telescope - and nope. It does NOT bring them back into view. Once sunk, They cannot be seen, and so... There are People out there LYING to prove the flat earth. WHY would the truth need even ONE lie?

Fifth, the fact that, for aeons, sailors have been calculating latitude in the northern hemisphere by the position of Polaris, with a direct correlation between latitude and degrees above the horizon, proves a globe. When Polaris is at the horizon (something that cannot happen on a pancake), One is at the equator (0º), when it is 45º up from the horizon, One is at the 45th parallel... (See: http://debunkingflatearth.blogspot.com/2016/02/debunking-flat-earth-how-polaris-proves.html )

Sixth, on a globe, eclipses can be predicted, the movements of the planets can be predicted, the seasons explained, the zodiacal progression, the phases of the moon, and other things the flat idea has nothing to offer for.

Seriously, I could go on, but the flat idea has ZERO models that explain what We see and I ask You, with all this... WHY would anyOne believe in something that has ZERO behind it when a model that has been accepted for aeons (with a hiatus in the dark ages when the same faction (the psychopaths in control) promulgated the flat idea that promulgates it now) works beautifully?

As for some of the disingenuous arguments... I'll give You three. I have seen People pouring water on a ball to "prove" water doesn't "stick to a ball," ignoring the planet-sized gravity well immediately adjacent pulling the water OFF the ball. I have seen People spinning balls on the floor to "prove" a ball will not keep spinning, ignoring the friction of the ball on the floor. And I have seen People point to a glass of water saying, "Look! It's FLAT!" As if, at that small a fraction of a single degree of arc (4" is 0.00009% of a single degree of arc), We would see the hump in the middle a few MOLECULES high by eyeballing the glass.

YES, NASA lies and fakes things. But to jump on the flat earth psyop bandwagon because of that is VERY poor thinking. In fact, it would seem that NASA conceived of the flat earth psyop to cover the growing awareness that They DO fake things with misdirection. The Pentagon implemented the psyop, with Eric "The Mason" Dubay at its lead. So... The question becomes, what is the REAL reason NASA fakes things and lies?

The globe was not NASA's invention, yet the "NASA LIES!" cry is used to "prove" flatness - a most absurd leap, when You think about it. The globe was known in ancient times, and the church brought the flat concept to the fore in the dark ages. The church finally gave up on the flat idea as too much in the way of observations, measurements, calculations, and geometry, along with logic, reason, and critical thinking, made it clear We are on a globe. Their stance was beginning to be ridiculed.

Back to the question of what the real reason NASA fakes things is... What if there is an artificial barrier just above low earth orbit that We can't get through? What if the useless eliters are trying to hide it? Stuff from low earth orbit seems to be real, but stuff beyond that seems to be faked. What if this is LITERALLY a prison planet? What if They don't want Us to ask, "Who put that barrier there - and WHY?" So They fake going beyond that barrier, giving the ILLUSION that this is not a prison planet.

Given the many legends around the globe of a time when there was no moon, and if this is what is going on, We might think that the moon was placed there - maybe an artificial construct like a "death star" - with wardens watching the prison. This would explain "The Watchers..." Perhaps the moon was placed exactly the distance it was so as to cover the face of the sun, thereby striking fear and awe in the hearts and minds of the primitive People on the planet below. It has been reported that the moon behaves aberrantly relative to gravitational expectations.

And to Any who still cling to that psyop, beLIEving the disingenuous nonsense, before You come in here and start with Your stuff, know: unless You start by answering the following question, I will most likely delete Your comments: Why does the flat earth concept need SO many disingenuous arguments? The truth needs ZERO.

I tell you what, though. I won't delete You if You bring a flat model that explains the stars in the south mirroring the behavior of the stars in the north, spinning around a point (no visible star there), always due south of anywhere it can be seen from (southern hemisphere) - and I will also give the probability We are on a pancake more than 0.0000000000000001%. Deal?

Oh, and if You think somehow the southern stars are projected into the sky, please see this:

Thank You for reading, and I hope You are honest enough with Yourself (if You think the planet is flat) to seriously mull over what I offer here.

On to MUCH more important things. Solving for psychopaths in control on Our planet:

(And links to My articles follow)
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 07:57:22 pm »
Both "globe" and "sphere" come from Latin, so they have an older origin, even if they weren't used in English until later.

But you don't know a specific word to describe a shape when you can compare it with the shape of some know object, in the same way some people during Columbus' time thought that the Earth was pear-shaped, they could say that the Earth was orange-shaped or whatever.

This is where I got my info on the word origination dates, and that includes Latin - - Dictionary.com

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 01:16:17 am »
None of the other "planets" in our Solar system are "flat", and we know that by scientific fact -

Scientific fact is irrelevant to a belief system :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 01:27:19 am »

No actually...

Eratosthenes  276 BC – c. 195/194 BC

Eratosthenes of Cyrene was a Greek mathematician, geographer, poet, astronomer, and music theorist. He was a man of learning, becoming the chief librarian at the Library of Alexandria. He invented the discipline of geography, including the terminology used today.

He is best known for being the first person to calculate the circumference of the Earth, which he did by applying a measuring system using stadia, a standard unit of measure during that time period. His calculation was remarkably accurate. He was also the first to calculate the tilt of the Earth's axis (again with remarkable accuracy). Additionally, he may have accurately calculated the distance from the Earth to the Sun and invented the leap day. He created the first map of the world, incorporating parallels and meridians based on the available geographic knowledge of his era.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes

Illustration showing a portion of the globe showing a part of the African continent. The sunbeams shown as two rays hitting the ground at Syene and Alexandria. Angle of sunbeam and the gnomons (vertical pole) is shown at Alexandria, which allowed Eratosthenes' estimates of radius and circumference of Earth.

So before the Christian Bible was written :P  the Greeks already knew it was a globe and they knew how big it was :D

Too bad the Muslims burned that Library at Alexandria... who knows where we might be today with all that was lost in there that had to be rediscovered

On another note... The Church finally accepted the truth and apologized to Galileo for almost burning him as a Heretic :D

After 350 Years, Vatican Says Galileo Was Right: It Moves

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 01:35:23 am »

Well Columbus knew the earth was round :P  But in reality THIS is what the Earth looks like  if you remove all the water

One of the biggest things that Flat Earther's use to claim a flat earth is that WATER seeks LEVEL

But this is NOT TRUE  Water (actually any liquid) seeks to be a sphere...  and it is not based on gravity.

Take a glass of water filled to the brim...  look at it closely from the side... you will see the surface of the water has a slight but visible CONVEX surface... the center being higher that the rim

You can see this effect in rain drops on a leaf... 

In this slow motion capture you can see the water drop being a sphere (as well as another interesting effect)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 06:09:23 am »
Well Columbus knew the earth was round :P
If I'm not mistaken, he thought the Earth was pear-shaped, and that's why he was expecting to reach Asia, because he was thinking that the Earth was less wide at that point and Asia was closer to Europe.

But in reality THIS is what the Earth looks like  if you remove all the water

Not really, as that altitude is exaggerated.

But this is NOT TRUE  Water (actually any liquid) seeks to be a sphere...  and it is not based on gravity.
No, I think it's because of the liquid's surface tension, that makes their molecules stick together.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 11:32:38 pm »
They were flattened?  :P

Egad! I know when we are in a different timeline when THIS ArMaP makes a terrific joke!

Who said that our resident skeptic-at-large doesn't have a (wry) sense of humor?

Kudos to whomever you may be at this moment.    8)

We absolutely adore you, notwithstanding a few pokes to the bear in the den now and then.   ;)

The treatise on your mouth-watering Portuguese food was most excellent - and succeeded in flooding the boards - at least for a while.   ;D

Thank you for sharing and we look forward to more insights into the local food scene.

This will be of interest.

Global vs Flat Earth + transhumanism + Middle East Prophecy + Vaccines + More

http://www.globalvsflatearth.com

Our friend, Steven Ben-nun of Israeli News Live and De-Noon Institute of Biblical Research is the producer and we (TEAM RABUN/rabunopsec) already have our rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn.

De-Noon Institute of Biblical Research presents:
Summer 2017 Conference
August 5 – 6, 2017
Holiday Inn Gwinnett Center
6310 Sugarloaf Pkwy
Duluth, GA 30097

Are we living in the last days?

Who are to be the truth seekers and the Watchers?

What is the real shape of our world?

Questions about Middle East Prophecy, Vaccines, Trans-humanism and all the above will be answered and discussed by the world's top researchers.

Please join us.

All tickets are $25.00 each which includes admission for both days.

http://www.globalvsflatearth.com
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 03:30:32 am »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 05:30:59 am »
We did vid # 2:

"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 06:20:46 am »
I saw this some days ago on Facebook. ;)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 12:14:32 pm »

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 12:57:45 pm »
I can't believe people buy into the "Flat Earth" crap. I refuse to even entertain that conversation.

Ignorance is bliss, i guess, here in the 21st Century, with satellites and space missions, and PICTURES.  ::)
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter