collapse

Author Topic: [HEALTH] Running Raw Around Australia  (Read 2094 times)

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
[HEALTH] Running Raw Around Australia
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:21:17 pm »
Its well and truly about time I placed a little spotlight on Alan and Janette who I have been following on my wife's FaceSpock account to illustrate, and maybe inspire people to check out what they are doing now and why they are doing what they are doing!

Alan and Janette

IMG credit Running Raw http://www.runningrawaroundaustralia.com/

-SO what are Alan and Janette doing you may ask ? 

A: They're running a Marathon everyday for 2013 around Australia.  Yes that's 365 Marathons in ONE YEAR 

-You may also ask whats so amazing about that?

A: There may not be so much "amazement" about the feat Alan and Janette are undertaking to the casual observer in modern day life where some people consider an achievement on the basis of "how long they camped outside an apple store for a Phone".   To others, and in reality "most people's amazement whether they like it or not" what they are doing is something the majority of the population are not able to do and its purely down to diet and most importantly attitude in regards to life.

This is their Q and A which differ's from Mine  ;D

Throughout the year 2013, to inspire and motivate conscious lifestyle choices, to promote kindness and compassion for all living beings and to raise environmental awareness for a sustainable future, veteran raw vegan athletes Janette Murray-Wakelin and Alan Murray are running together around Australia, approximately 15,500km, 365 marathons each in 365 days.

YOU MIGHT ASK - "WHY RUN AROUND AUSTRALIA?"
WE ASKED OURSELVES - How can we share the information and experiences we have gained through conscious living during the past decade, so that others may make their own informed lifestyle choices that will make a difference to their health, the health of their family and future generations, the health of their community, the health and well being of the animals, and ultimately, the health of our precious Earth where we live? What can we do to inspire and motivate conscious lifestyle choices, to promote kindness and compassion for all living beings and to raise awareness for a sustainable future?

THE ANSWER - We can lead by example, walk (or in this case) run the talk. By running a marathon distance together per day , every day for a year around Australia, we hope to inspire others to believe in themselves, to follow their dreams, and to achieve their goals through making more conscious lifestyle choices. We can be living proof of what can be achieved by making conscious life choices. While we are Running around Australia during the year 2013, we will have the opportunity to show that by eating raw living plant-based foods, we are healthier, more physically fit and have unlimited energy at beyond 60 years of age than in our earlier years, including when we ran the length of New Zealand 13 years previously. Inspiration is what motivates people to 'Never Stop Pushing' for what they believe in and for what they want to achieve.

We will also have the opportunity to raise awareness and funds for selected charitable groups instrumental in making a difference to the health and welfare of the people, animals and environmental sustainability within Australia and worldwide. We believe that the survival of our (human) species is dependent on our kindness, compassion and caring for all living beings, and that this is achieved by making conscious lifestyle choices.   By doing so, we can make a difference.

Alan and Janette's Website!

http://www.runningrawaroundaustralia.com/

FaceSpock Page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Running-Raw-around-Australia-2013/151899708156709

Youtube :P

Janette and Alan Murray in their 60s talk about running a marathon a day on raw vegan diet

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM_06whvOYY[/youtube]

Now in the previous discussion we were having about Diabetes and Fruit consumption I noticed how people lend blame to fruit.. infact its a common misconception that fruit will cause Diabetes. 

And for the record I am not evangelical on this topic much in the same way I am not evangelical in regards to the Sea Shepard's.  I love the work of both party's in getting a positive message across to people that Life aint that hard to figure out if you got the will power.  And in my time fluxing in and out of CT boards and many an odd topic board I continue to notice a recurring trend of "Victim" always prevails. 

I thank people like Alan and Janette for showing the world that life aint so bad when you stand up for it and Pick a Bunch of Banana's ;)     

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 12:26:11 pm by Somamech »

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
Re: [HEALTH] Running Raw Around Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:39:50 am »
Little Update on Running Around Oz :D

Myself Soma -After Personally Running/Walking ONLY ONE Marathon this year.... this couple inspire me more than ever in many way's.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIiRg04WK8E[/youtube]

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]