collapse

Author Topic: Has Anybody Really Taken The Red Pill?  (Read 3524 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Re: Has Anybody Really Taken The Red Pill?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 09:50:47 pm »
Yes Petrus, like the ones that built Balbek and left those huge Foundation stones that subsequent civs built on top of.

Ah yes.  The good old Quaritch Doctrine.

One of the major lessons of my own current lifetime, is learning to remember that the value of life is not necessarily supposed to be quantified purely by physical achievements, but is instead meant to be lived for its' own sake, regardless of whether you end up becoming a billionaire or building giant stone monuments or not.  The Left have their own destructive distortions, to be sure; but this is one of the Right's.

I love Egypt.  Yet that doesn't prevent me from also being objective about it.  The very word "hierarchy," is derived from "hierophant," which was the Greek word for the Egpytian priests. 

That sandstone didn't get there by itself.  Modern forensic science has been able to identify the injuries of the skeletons of the workers who put it there.  Likewise, the first Emperor of China eventually experienced revolution, due to the number of his people who were dying in the construction of his tomb complex.  Every great antique stone monument that exists, also serves as a monument to the misery of those who constructed it.  We generally don't focus on that part.

I think monuments can often still be good things; and I think we should build more of them.  Yet one of the greatest blessings of machine automation, will be that no one will need to suffer or die in the construction of them.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline No_Signal

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Regular Members
  • Gold 5
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 11:09:26 pm »
I'm obviously nonworld traveller, but I wasn't aware of things like puma puku or anything like that until I I was 14 or 15 and my uncle let me read his national geography mags. Nothing like that was ever taught in school, other than the occasional "well the Egyptians built the pyramids and the Aztecs built this". No one ever attempted to explain how people who hunted with sticks and rocks etched complex designs deep into rocks. I guess I just assumed that's how it was and was too young to question it. Now as an adult, and see all the facts, I'm embarrassed for our education system. Excuse me if I over generalized the subject.

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 06:20:46 am »
I'm obviously nonworld traveller, but I wasn't aware of things like puma puku or anything like that until I I was 14 or 15 and my uncle let me read his national geography mags. Nothing like that was ever taught in school, other than the occasional "well the Egyptians built the pyramids and the Aztecs built this". No one ever attempted to explain how people who hunted with sticks and rocks etched complex designs deep into rocks. I guess I just assumed that's how it was and was too young to question it. Now as an adult, and see all the facts, I'm embarrassed for our education system. Excuse me if I over generalized the subject.
I agree, the general education curriculum available in the US really blows,and I am sure it has went downhill since I was in school (I am a boomer) I didn't encounter any of the really intriguing aspects of history until I started college,then was amazed at the lack of information given at the high school level versus the overload of info I had to wade thru during my first semester, being more in the first three months than in grades 6 thru 12(and that was just in history)...and this was long before the advent of readily available computers, we read books,lots and lots of them

You must also consider that the average person is so focused on normal everyday life that involves or utilizes very little of anything they were taught in school beyond the fourth grade, that one year after high school the majority of what they "learned" has slipped into their past to gather dust...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]