collapse

Author Topic: Pegasus newsletter test...  (Read 33415 times)

Offline Just Looking

• Regular Members
  • Gold 6
Re: Pegasus newsletter test...
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 05:52:50 pm »
To all of those who say ( like I myself did ) that they only received the second e-mail how do we know that
we were actually sent the first one as well as the one we got ? Suppose only a select few were sent both ?  ;) ;)
In fact how do we even know 2 were sent, perhaps this is a test to see how honest posters are ?

I did think at the time of my reply to say that I only received one but without specifying which one  :)  or even being
really naughty ( Sad ?  :( ) and say I only had the first one but not the second. ;D ;D

I appear to have to much time on my hands and should perhaps just shut up and push off for a while ???  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:54:38 pm by Just Looking »

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2017, 06:43:44 pm »
 :o
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2017, 06:53:57 pm »
I appear to have to much time on my hands and should perhaps just shut up and push off for a while ???  ;D ;D
Yes, you do; trying to read a conspiracy into a simple functionality test of forum software that has never been used before is quite a stretch...

you might want to consider going outside and taking a break from the conspiracy world

8)

Seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2017, 07:25:04 pm »
I received both.  It appears that things are functioning, at least for now.  Everything is subject to change.  Now I have to go read care plans until my eyes bleed.

Shasta

Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline Just Looking

• Regular Members
  • Gold 6
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2017, 08:35:35 pm »
Yes, you do; trying to read a conspiracy into a simple functionality test of forum software that has never been used before is quite a stretch...

you might want to consider going outside and taking a break from the conspiracy world

8)

Seeker

I was only trying to inject a bit of humour but alas I should have remembered not everyone shares my particular sense of humour.  :-[

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 08:39:20 pm »

I was only trying to inject a bit of humour but alas I should have remembered not everyone shares my particular sense of humour.  :-[
::) Ok, I will accept that answer  8) laughter is the best medicine and we all need a bit of humor at times...

although at times it is difficult to draw humor from the written word, and your post came off as more debunkerish-skeptical (but then that is just my perspective)...

Seeker
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:42:28 am by the seeker »
Seekers Domain

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2017, 01:56:59 am »
Hi everyone  8)

In the near future  you all will have the option of receiving the Pegasus Newsletter, which will have news about the forum and Living Moon as they are re-vamped and updated; a section devoted to the topic of the week, and possibly more; the newsletter format itself is a work in progress...

Now as for the test: the forum does have the newsletter option; test one was sent out to everyone on the members list; if you have the box checked in your account settings to receive email from other members you should have received it; several members commented on the thread that they didn't and they didn't have the box checked...

there is an admin option to over-ride notifications settings, so everyone should have received the second group email. After the regular newsletter is started up, you will be able to choose to not receive it by simply unchecking the box in your account settings.

Hopefully this will satisfy your questions as to why some received one email, and some two...

8)

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline Caver78

• Gold 13
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2017, 05:09:01 am »
Got the second newsletter email.

And what the heckity happened to the old forum? You guys went with Simple Machines?
Now I have to wander around and check out the new digs.
 :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:16:51 am by Caver78 »

Offline The Seeker

• Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2017, 06:55:58 am »
Got the second newsletter email.

And what the heckity happened to the old forum? You guys went with Simple Machines?
Now I have to wander around and check out the new digs.
 :)
it has always been SMF; but Zorgon took a WOW theme and modified it(some hundreds of pages) to run here; the new SMF doesn't support that theme.

Seeker
Seekers Domain

Offline Smilingtree

• Regular Members
  • Gold 7
  • Smile & The World Smiles With You!
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2017, 03:28:50 pm »
😊 Hi! Mine went to my junk e-mail and I just now went searching for it.... I've since updated my business mail ??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Caver78

• Gold 13
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2017, 08:44:10 am »
Are we still "testing"?

Got another one today. ;)

Message greetings y'all the new forum is online, up to date and waiting for you; there have been several updates and modifications, including the ability for you to choose the theme that you see.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?

Regards,
The Pegasus Research Consortium Team.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2017, 01:42:32 pm »

LOL No problem I got it :P But do remember that we have beed at this for a couple weeks and it is stressful trying to make things work

It appears that the internal NEWSLETTER function that is supposed to email all users does not always work  and on top of that it triggers a spam alert when you send over 200 emails per hour

It was this spam alert reported by an unknown third party, that caused the server to lock us out yesterday  Fortunately they only shut down the three forums not the entire website.

Since there was NO WARNING issued by the server (they just pulled the plug at the exact moment I was switching over to the new location here) I had to get a little angry with the techs in India and finally got it escalated to a supervisor

Since SMF forum is provided BY THE SERVER  and the newsletter script is built in to SMF  how is it our fault for using a function they provide without getting any kind of warning notice?

Well usually a spam lockout is 48 hours  but they agreed and put us back up so all is good

They did give me an email software program they have that prevents this from happening and hopefully works better

But I would like to know who this 'third party" was that reported us fro spam on only 2 emails :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2017, 03:43:00 pm »

Actually this is the SAME forum  ArMaP was able to transfer the entire database while no one was on so the only posts and pms missing are the few we had as admin in the last minutes :D

It has always been SMF as that is what our server provides for free

The original black look theme was no longer supported by updates to the actual forum so we had to scrap it  This new one works okay  Just need a few changes on some text colors

The standard CURVE theme  (the white and blue SMF default is available to all on the front page  I think the default is still currently set to that

bear in mind that when using COLOR text not all colors work well on both a black or a white backdrop so remember not everyone will be set to BLACK

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2017, 04:46:02 pm »
LOL No problem I got it :P But do remember that we have beed at this for a couple weeks and it is stressful trying to make things work

It appears that the internal NEWSLETTER function that is supposed to email all users does not always work  and on top of that it triggers a spam alert when you send over 200 emails per hour

It was this spam alert reported by an unknown third party, that caused the server to lock us out yesterday  Fortunately they only shut down the three forums not the entire website.

Since there was NO WARNING issued by the server (they just pulled the plug at the exact moment I was switching over to the new location here) I had to get a little angry with the techs in India and finally got it escalated to a supervisor

Since SMF forum is provided BY THE SERVER  and the newsletter script is built in to SMF  how is it our fault for using a function they provide without getting any kind of warning notice?

Well usually a spam lockout is 48 hours  but they agreed and put us back up so all is good

They did give me an email software program they have that prevents this from happening and hopefully works better

But I would like to know who this 'third party" was that reported us fro spam on only 2 emails :P

I'm lucky to navigate the board and not get into trouble.   Big thank you guys. xxoo
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter