collapse

Author Topic: Strange Sounds Heard around the World  (Read 54947 times)

sky otter

Re: Strange Sounds Heard around the World
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 01:01:07 pm »
"Somehow they are picking up noise from an electrical antenna that is there. That is electromagnetic noise. "
So is that a viable explanation??

Dreb
neat question
and why not..

i can hear electricity in light bulbs of all types  and sometimes at other places..
and when it rains some people can hear it in the wires on the poles outside
so why not..

the next questions for me are..
why now and not before..what has changed in the scenario?

are we growing more attuned to our surroundings
somehow morphing into listeners instead of tuneing it out..?

or has the volume been turned up on somethings?
or are those underground folk in need of more room ?
or is there really a sky war being fought ?

dang...so many questions
and so few answers..
 ::)

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 08:30:48 am »
i can hear electricity in light bulbs of all types  and sometimes at other places..
and when it rains some people can hear it in the wires on the poles outside
so why not..

Because that sound is basically 50-60 Cycle Hum that nearly all electrical equipment running on AC uses. These don't sound to me like electrical sounds but more like wind blowing through a tunnel or something.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:10:51 am by Ellirium113 »

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 11:22:19 am »
Have You all seen what they intend to open the olympics with?
And the quote wriitten on the bell?
And how many will HEAR this?
hobbit

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
  • open minded student of truth.
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 11:29:00 am »
If you read the hum threads over at ATS you would know I suffer from it and have tried everything to find the cours.
This is what generally happens to the person who suffers.
As each sufferer comes on stream they all go through the same procedure,1st looking for the noise,then contacting the local authorities and media,eventually they reach the government who have a prepared series of stock answers.
This procedure takes on average between 5 to 10 years by which time the protester is either dead or compleatly exhausted!
I have Most of the the documented cases and all of the so called explanations from it being the high voltage grid bouncing back from the ionosphere to large electric fans or air conditioning units etc oh and worst of all that it's all in my head. The best way to describe the sound is as if a large prop engined plane is droning away in the distance & that you feel the sound inside your head. The frequency is such that you cannot escape it and it really can crack you up, I had the local council with there fancy recording equipment set up at my flat but they found nothing! I have not been the only person to notice the hum in my flat either. My story.i have learned to live with it, it can go on for 2 or 3 months then stop for 2 or3 months, there is no set pattern. It sucks.
Nikola Tesla humanitarian / Genius.
never forget this great man who gave so much
& asked for nothing but to let electricity be free for all.

Offline hobbit

• Gold 50
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 11:54:12 am »

Captain Dave

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 12:54:19 pm »
When I was in the Air Force, during a hearing test the sound guy was amazed that I could hear things most people couldn't especially in very low frequency stuff. They told me push the button when I hear something so thats what I did. When he was doing the low freq stuff, I didn't actually "hear" it, more or less I could hear or feel a pressure difference in my inner ear so I pushed the button.

Anyway, when I was a kid about 3 or 4, I could always hear a steady high pitched noise in my ears, and asked my Grandmother what it was -she responded with something to the effect it was when a family member had passed away - Which made no sense to me. Lately though, over the past month or so the high pitched noise has grown louder.

I checked the net and it basicly states "get your hearing checked it could be a sign of hearing loss" Psh, well I still hear a lot better than I wish I did IMO, so I'm wondering what else the increase in the volume of the irritating high pitched sound could be? ( I've actually thought it might be some type of secrect gov machine, but thats just an unsubstantiated claim..? )

Maybe I just need some tinfoil earplugs to go with my hat? most of the time I can tune it out or ignore it, but it's pretty much always been there and now it's Louder. Another fun fact, it's still there even when I put my fingers in my ears. Ok, time for the coo-koo nest ( wonder if the padded cells are emf proof? )

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 03:57:31 pm »
Sounds like you have super sensitive hearing like me captain dave, where I suffer from noise in the low frequency you sound like your hearing ringing high pitched noise. The thing I hate the most is when I tell people my situation they say it's tinnitus ! Utter BS ! My hearing is great and for the time being there is no HUM but it's only a matter of time till its back. The thing is I'm convinced the government KNOW what the course is but there keeping it secret. This problem only started 3 or 4 years ago so it must be some machine of sorts. The hum sounds like a large diesel engine idling in the distance. I'm not alone as other folk who live near me hear the noise too and describe it to a tee. It's a mystery. There has been one suicide attributed to the hum in the UK, a poor women was driven to do that after years of hearing the dreaded hum. Sad but it is pure torture for us sufferers.

Captain Dave

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 04:32:17 pm »
Sounds like you have super sensitive hearing like me captain dave, where I suffer from noise in the low frequency you sound like your hearing ringing high pitched noise. The thing I hate the most is when I tell people my situation they say it's tinnitus ! Utter BS ! My hearing is great and for the time being there is no HUM but it's only a matter of time till its back. The thing is I'm convinced the government KNOW what the course is but there keeping it secret. This problem only started 3 or 4 years ago so it must be some machine of sorts. The hum sounds like a large diesel engine idling in the distance. I'm not alone as other folk who live near me hear the noise too and describe it to a tee. It's a mystery. There has been one suicide attributed to the hum in the UK, a poor women was driven to do that after years of hearing the dreaded hum. Sad but it is pure torture for us sufferers.

Are you familiar with bone mic's?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_conduction

Because I can hear the high pitch even with my ears completely sealed I'm proned to think it's a similar effect. Where does the high pitch come from? I believe it's all the EMI/RFI "noise" from all the devices we've created and of course quite possibly the planet itself (to a lesser extent).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_interference
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:35:52 pm by Captain Dave »

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2012, 03:07:13 pm »
Because I can hear the high pitch even with my ears completely sealed I'm proned to think it's a similar effect. Where does the high pitch come from? I believe it's all the EMI/RFI "noise" from all the devices we've created and of course quite possibly the planet itself (to a lesser extent).

I am famillier with bone mic's a little more thanks to the link captain dave and I have also thought about the same theory as you with all the telecommunication masts transmitting all sorts of signals it could be what it is that is causing all this "noise" as well as changes to the earth.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:21 pm »
The Return of the Hum - Ireland

‘The Hum’ leaves village ears ringing

By John O’Mahony, Killarney
Thursday, March 01, 2012

Despairing residents in a remote Kerry parish have told how their lives have been made a living hell by a mystery humming noise that is disrupting their sleep and causing chaos every day.

They are pleading with the Government to investigate the source of the constant, pulsating, low-frequency noise that cannot be traced despite repeated efforts.

Frustrated locals in a rural part of Beaufort, 15km from Killarney, have been hearing the bizarre noise since early last year but cannot find what is causing it.

Resident Barry Lynch said: "The first time we heard it was in Apr 2011 and it has been there 24/7 since then. We are nearly gone out of our minds because we can’t get a decent night of sleep and it’s there all day, every day.

"There are no mobile phone masts, windmills or generators in the area and the ESB has assured us that the problem is not due to any high-tension wires in the area.

"We thought the noise might be coming from water pumps installed in the area by Kerry County Council but an engineer switched the pumps off for a trial period and the noise was still there."

He said that neighbours over a 7km radius have also complained about the sound.

"One neighbour went to the doctor because he thought he was having a problem with his hearing. It is placing a huge strain on my own partner who can’t sleep at night, even when she wears earplugs."

Mr Lynch said the noise was even more noticeable inside his home and despite extensive insulation, the whole building appears to vibrate, particularly in the stillness of night.

"The whole thing is very unpleasant and it is really bothering us. We don’t know what we can do. We are pleading with the Department of the Environment or some other organisation to help us before we are driven out of our homes," said Mr Lynch.

"Not everybody in the parish has heard the noise but just because they can’t hear it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. Our neighbours and ourselves can hear it the minute we step out of our cars and it’s there all the time until we drive off again."

He said he had found out a similar mystery noise had been reported in many parts of the world.

It has become known as "The Hum" and is described in some reports as a worldwide phenomenon involving a mysterious, persistent and invasive low-frequency humming noise.

Complaints have been received from residents in several locations around the globe, including England, New Mexico, and New Zealand.

"It’s absolutely wearing us down and we are crying out for a good night’s sleep before our health starts to give," said Mr Lynch.

This appeared in the printed version of the Irish Examiner Thursday, March 01, 2012

‘The Hum’ leaves village ears ringing - Irish Examiner

Mystery surrounds nightime noise in Derry
Posted: 24/Feb 09:23

The Secretary of State in the North has been asked to help solve the mystery of noisy night-time air operations in the skies over Derry.

There have been dozens of reports of families being wakened from their sleep by aircraft noise over the past few weeks. Foyle MLA Pat Ramsey has now written to Owen Paterson demanding an explanation.

People from the Creggan, Crescent Link, Steelstown, Rosemount, Gobnascale and Galliagh have all complained of the noise.

Pat Ramsey says the noise is causing havoc with the sleeping patterns of local people….

Mystery surrounds nightime noise in Derry - Highland Radio

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2012, 02:56:34 am »
Strange Sounds in Tallahassee Florida, 3-09-2011 Around 6:30pm Excellent Vid

I was looking for this one before... just found it now

[youtube]IqMEkVdNT6k[/youtube]

Strange noise in the sky August 2011 St. Pete,Fl.

[youtube]cuJD4ehNEm4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:45:52 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 02:58:05 pm »
  Somamech

Sounds of frozen sea. Odessa, Ukraine. February 2012

Feb 7, 2012
Weird sounds of frozen sea. Arcadia, Odessa

[youtube]H8QunGN1Itg[/youtube]

Captain Dave

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 12:08:37 am »
Eh, simple fix - just treat it like an ex-wife and tune it out.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2012, 09:09:18 am »
Canadians make a racket about mysterious 'hum' coming from US side of border
Published May 01, 2012
The Wall Street Journal

WINDSOR, Ontario –  Last month, Bob Dechert, a senior aide to Canada's foreign minister, was dispatched to Detroit with an important diplomatic mission: to stop a highly-annoying noise.

The so-called Windsor hum, described as a low-frequency rumbling sound, has rattled windows and knocked objects off shelves in this border community just across the Detroit River from the Motor City. Locals have said it sounds like a large diesel truck idling, a loud boom box or the bass vocals of Barry White.

Residents in Windsor, Ontario, have blamed the hum for causing illness, whipping dogs into frenzies, keeping cats housebound and sending goldfish to the surface in backyard ponds. Many have resorted to switching on their furnace fan all season to drown out the noise.

Even weirder, Americans cannot seem to hear it. Canadians find that suspicious -- especially since their research suggests the hum is coming from the Yankees' side -- and accuse US officials of staying silent over the noise.

Canadians make a racket about mysterious 'hum' coming from US side of border - ox News

[youtube]Noda4XUKWBk[/youtube]

Wall Street Journal.
Canadians Make a Racket Over Mysterious 'Windsor Hum'

Other reports:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/04/21/windsor-hum-dechert.html

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120420/windsor-annoying-hum-120420/

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/04/20/windsor-hum-ottawa-foreign-affairs-ontario_n_1440643.html

[youtube]mok79ubplDk[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:13:27 am by zorgon »

Offline Linda Brown

• Gold 52
    • The Cosmic Token
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2012, 10:51:40 am »
I can't get all those Utubes and videos so the only comment that I have is that perhaps the Canadians are hearing it and the US Citizens are not is because possibly the sound is being " aimed" in their direction. Who ever would be " behind it" would not hear it.

Alot like the fan loudspeaker.... very linear..... all in the one direction.... no sound at all toward the rear.  Linda

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter