collapse

Author Topic: When the Human Species (Primate) comes across something NEW.  (Read 52402 times)

Offline The Matrix Traveller

• Gold 253
Re: When the Human Species (Primate) comes across something NEW.
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2014, 09:44:47 pm »
As I showed in my last post the image of a landscape being scrolled past ones 'Field of Vision'
producing the illusion of a panoramic vision of our environment.

All is taking place in the 'Visual Cortex' of our brain leading us to believe we are in a huge
dimensional universe.

Taking into account the 'Visual Cortex' also involves both a 'Decoding' and 'Encoding' System.

Marvellous what a few pictures do to us.    :)

Remember this is all taking place in the environment of that 'Pseudo Processor' we call the brain.

It is assumed by most, the 'Images' we see are the same of those supposedly outside the Environment
of our brain.

BUT are they ?

Or are we viewing something entirely different, that is being 'Decoded', presenting the 'Images'
we believe to see ?

In other words the brain, (an Image generated by Software of the Mind) is Decoding Written 'Program Text'
which is generating what we see and experience.

Perhaps a disturbing 'Thought' to some ?

On examining our 'Peripheral Vision' we soon discover it is NOT the 'Field of Vision' through the eyes,
which produces our 'Field of Vision' but rather this 'Field of Vision' is generated within
the 'Visual Cortex' of the brain, and Our External 'Processing System' instead.

Here is a simple 'Test' to demonstrate this.

Sit in a comfortable position, and keep your head still, do NOT turn or move your head.

Now look straight ahead, and without moving your eyes take careful account of WHAT is seen in your 'Vision'.

Without moving your head, turn your eyes to the Extreme Left, and take careful account of WHAT is seen
in your 'Vision' and compare the two.

a.   WHAT is seen in your 'Vision', with your eyes looking straight ahead,
compared with,
b.   WHAT is seen in your 'Vision', with your eyes looking to the Extreme Left.

What I want you to take careful note of, is the 'Images' seen in your  'Peripheral Vision', i.e. to note the change
in the Boundaries of your field of 'Vision'.

Now try this again, keeping your head Still, and do NOT shifting or turning your head,
look to the Extreme Left and pay careful attention to what is seen in your Peripheral Vision involving
the Boundaries of your 'Vision' and without moving your head or eyes, now look
to your Extreme Right, and again, paying careful attention of WHAT you see
in your 'Vision', especially the Boundaries of your 'Peripheral Vision'.

Now compare the two.

1.   WHAT you see in your 'Vision', with your eyes looking to the Extreme Left.
compared with,
2.   WHAT you see in your 'Vision', with your eyes looking to the Extreme Right.

OK ?

Now lets have a look at the Telemetry involving your 'Vision', your eyes and brain.

1st take note of the angel we can turn our eyes through from the extreme Left to the extreme Right.

http://www.eyecalcs.com/DWAN/pages/v8/v8c023.html

The extraocular muscles are from 32 to 40 mm in length, (see table 1).

In as much as each 1.0 mm on the surface of the eye corresponds to 4.5 to 5 degrees of rotation,
the normal amplitude of eye rotation of 45 to 50 degrees each way from the primary position requires
10 mm change of length of the muscle in each direction.

This represents a contraction of 25% to 30% and an extension of 25% to 30% from the normal resting
length of the muscle, nearly optimal excursions for linear performance.

Sacrifice of muscle length during eye muscle operations can reduce the amplitude of eye rotation.

Muscle length is not proportional to eye size, so that large myopic eyes rotate less and small
microphthalmic eyes rotate farther than normal.

So the 'Arc' (Eye Abduction + Adduction) involved, is typically about 100°

So theoretically IF the Eye is responsible for your 'Field of Vision', then we would expect
the 'Boundaries' of your 'Field of Vision' to move through about 100° or thereabouts, when comparing
the Extreme Left field of 'Vision' with that of the Extreme Right !

But as you will see IF you try this little test, that this simply doesn't happen.

There is in fact Only about 10° difference between the Left and Right ?

Now IF we turn our Head so the eyes Don't shift their position in your head, ( looking Straight ahead)
You 'Field of Vision' now Varies considerably, according to the degree of Rotation.

Conclusion:

The Eyes are NOT responsible for your 'Field of Vision', but rather your Mind is !

IF you close your Eyes and continue to take notice of WHAT you see in front of you,
You can still see what Produces your 'Field of Vision', even though your eyes are closed !
Even if they remain closed and you look for a long period of tame.

The Eyes act more as though, a 'Trackball' controlling a Camera/s in 3D 'Animation Software',
within the 'Software Environment' such as in Bryce, or other.

Trackball:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpKMlezNkog[/youtube]

In our case, we are viewing through very much like a software Camera's.

This is set up by your Independent 'Species Program', producing your 'Avatar'.

Others (Humans, Aliens, or other Species) in your sight, are included in your Environmental Program.

So this Animation below, demonstrates you are looking through a 'Software Camera/s' of your mind,
which is part of your 'Avatar' Program and HOW it produces the 'Illusion' of turning around
in an/your 'Environment'.

While in reality, the Mind isn't turning at all, but those in our 'Environmental Program', do see us turning around.   :)

HOW this is achieved, involves the 'Processing System', which is involved in the 'LINK' between 2 Programs.

1.      Your 'Avatar' Program,
and
2.      their 'Environmental' Program.

Here are some Interesting comments at,  http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/how-we-see.htm

Our Perception:

Our eyes see nothing.

Our eyes don't send images to our brains.

Images are constructed in our brains based on very simple signals sent from our eyes.

The nerve signals from our eyes are still the subject of much study, and mostly represent edges, shapes
and motion. They do not send images.

The mental processing required to perceive images is so great that it represents about 40% of the body's
at-rest caloric consumption.

This is why it's so resting to close our eyes for a moment. (I forget the citation for the 40% number,
let me know if you have it exactly.)

"Seeing" is a very complex higher-order brain function, and a huge percentage of our brains (the largest,
in fact, of any brain function) is required for doing nothing other than recognize what's in front of us.

From the same Article at,
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/how-we-see.htm

Pattern Recognition:

Our brains form images based on pattern recognition. We don't see images; our eyes see line
and motion, our brains interpret that to attempt to recognize to what sort of thing those lines and motion
might  represent, and then our brains seamlessly cause us to perceive whatever that object might be.

Pattern recognition is learned as we grow from babies. At first nothing makes sense, and as we learn
about the world around us, more and more makes sense until as we grow into kids after which most
of us  forget what it was like when our visual systems were training.

Adults rarely have instances where we realize our brains can't recognize something, and drive home
how our eyes don't see anything themselves.

I remember when I was very young and my visual system was still developing. (I've been curious about
all this stuff since the day I was born.)

I'd see lines and shapes, and it would take a moment until recognition kicked in and I'd suddenly "get"
what was the object in front of me.

Pattern recognition is why motorcyclists and bicyclists get run over every day by people who were
looking right at them.

Most drivers are looking for cars.

If they're not looking for cyclists, people often won't perceive them, even if they are stopped right in front
of a red light.

The car driver runs right over them, and never saw them even though the car driver was looking
right at them.

If the car driver isn't paying attention, his brain doesn't perceive the lines and shapes from his eye's vision
of the motorcycle as being a motorcycle.

Notice how motorists will spot a police officer on a motorcycle a mile away.

It's not just because of the white helmet; it's because the visual system is working hardest to manage
all the inputs its receiving and  prioritizing how it recognizes things.

The brain can only recognize so much, so it's looking for what concerns it.

Sadly it tends to miss things other than cars and trucks.

George Carlin alluded to this, talking about what fun it is to look at a chain link fence when our two eyes
lock into the wrong links.

The stereo 3D effect created in our brains is messed up, backwards and inside out!

We stare at it, and something's kind of weird, kind of fun, while our left and right eyes are looking
a few links differently from each other.

Then our brains finally get it, and as I recall Carlin saying, the "fun suddenly  goes away" as the image
reverts to what it is supposed to be.

Our eyes can't see a fixed, non-moving image.

Our eyes are always scanning and moving.

If you can lock your eye in one spot, (this research usually requires rather painful apparatus to fix
an eyeball) the image  fades away.

Even when we think we're staring, our visual systems are constantly moving our eyes slightly
to keep the signals coming and the image refreshed.

I will explain HOW 'Interactions' take place between your 'Avatar' and 'Environmental Program'.

Offline Toltec

• Regular Members
  • Gold 8
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2014, 02:41:17 am »
Very good entry, I have clarified many things about vision, thank you very much …    :)
Your highest level of ingnorancia is when you reject something you know nothing about ...

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2014, 02:07:45 pm »
So theoretically IF the Eye is responsible for your 'Field of Vision', then we would expect
the 'Boundaries' of your 'Field of Vision' to move through about 100° or thereabouts, when comparing
the Extreme Left field of 'Vision' with that of the Extreme Right !

But as you will see IF you try this little test, that this simply doesn't happen.
It does happen, I just tried it. :)

There is in fact Only about 10° difference between the Left and Right ?
No, it was close to 45º for each side.

• Gold 253
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2014, 02:38:38 pm »
It does happen, I just tried it. :)
No, it was close to 45º for each side.

Then you haven't followed what I wrote, or perhaps NOT understood ?  :)

How good is your Control over your eyes?

Can you blink Rapidly, without shifting the position of your eyes ?

This is a little test to see how good your control is.    :)

Added text ...

Just a thought ...

You may be suffering from 'Tunnel Vision' ?

It might pay to have your eyes checked out ?

It could account for what you wrote ?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:51:58 pm by The Matrix Traveller »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2014, 02:56:45 pm »
Then you haven't followed what I wrote, or perhaps NOT understood ?  :)
I measured (approximately) my field of view to the right and to the left while looking ahead, then I rolled my eyes all to the left and measured my field of view and did the same thing to the right. When moving the eyes to the left (or right) I can see some 45º more to the left (or right) than when looking straight ahead.

How good is your Control over your eyes?
I think it's pretty good. :)

Can you blink Rapidly, without shifting the position of your eyes ?
Yes (I had to make a video to see if I could or not), I can. :)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2014, 02:59:09 pm »
Just a thought ...

You may be suffering from 'Tunnel Vision' ?
"Tunnel vision"? I think you are the one that didn't understood what I wanted to say, as my field of view is more or less 180º, but when I move the eyes to one side I can see 45º more to that side (and less for the opposite side).

• Gold 253
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2014, 05:01:45 pm »
"Tunnel vision"? I think you are the one that didn't understood what I wanted to say, as my field of view is more or less 180º, but when I move the eyes to one side I can see 45º more to that side (and less for the opposite side).

I wasn't being Facetious.... quite the opposite in fact.

How did you measure this 45º ?

Many people have the condition of 'Tunnel Vision' and don't even know they have it.
(A Very common condition)

What you describe is common of this complaint.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2014, 05:18:36 pm »
I didn't think that, I just thought that you misunderstood what I wrote.

How did you measure this 45º ?
By looking at the angle between what I could see to the side while looking straight ahead and what I could see when turning my eyes fully to that side. I could see some 45º more to the left (or right) of what I could see when looking straight ahead.

Many people have the condition of 'Tunnel Vision' and don't even know they have it.

What, a 180º field of view?  ::)

There's no need to repeat it, I read it the first time.

• Gold 253
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2014, 07:18:14 pm »

What, a 180º field of view?  ::)

Tunnel Vision is a little different than you may expect.

You may very well have 180º but this alone does not suggest you don't have 'Tunnel Vision'.

It's not that simple but rather more complex than you may imagine.   :)

We have Depth in both the x & y axis as well as the z axis. But to understand this you need
to understand HOW all (Avatar & Environment) is being presented in the 1st place.

Perhaps in your understanding... this depth in the x & y axis refers to how far one can see, in the x & y 'Plane'.

It's like looking across a sheet of paper edge on, where eyes are in line with that plane, and trying to define
the size of the paper in the x axis. (Looking across the 'Plane' while held at eye level)

There is a slight difference (Between about 5º and 10º depending on the person) when looking Left to Right
as I explained but the Field of vision certainly does NOT change by 100º, which you eyes can turn through.   :)

So IF you claim it to be 45º, it falls way short of the 100º the eyes can turn through.

See the Quotes I had from,  http://www.eyecalcs.com/DWAN/pages/v8/v8c023.html

In as much as each 1.0 mm on the surface of the eye corresponds to 4.5 to 5 degrees of rotation,
the normal amplitude of eye rotation of 45 to 50 degrees each way from the primary position requires
10 mm change of length of the muscle in each direction.

the normal amplitude of eye rotation of 45 to 50 degrees each way

if 45º to 50º refers to one way, then the total is 90º to 100º in total !

So you are missing 45º somewhere...  IF you are correct in you evaluations.   :)

Do you now understand correctly what I am saying ?

IF you still don't understand what I am explaining, I will post a Diagram showing this.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2014, 02:26:17 am »
Tunnel Vision is a little different than you may expect.
Then why don't you post a definition?

You may very well have 180º but this alone does not suggest you don't have 'Tunnel Vision'.
It does, as tunnel vision is supposed to be like the animation you posted, seeing through a hole, not an 180º field of view.

We have Depth in both the x & y axis as well as the z axis. But to understand this you need to understand HOW all (Avatar & Environment) is being presented in the 1st place.
Isn't tunnel vision a reduction in the area seen by the person? What's the relation to "depth" in that?

Perhaps in your understanding... this depth in the x & y axis refers to how far one can see, in the x & y 'Plane'.
It would help if you defined what you're calling "x" and "y" instead of just throwing them into the discussion as if everybody is using the same definition, that's how misunderstandings appear.

It's like looking across a sheet of paper edge on, where eyes are in line with that plane, and trying to define the size of the paper in the x axis. (Looking across the 'Plane' while held at eye level)
What's that got to do with tunnel vision?

There is a slight difference (Between about 5º and 10º depending on the person) when looking Left to Right as I explained but the Field of vision certainly does NOT change by 100º, which you eyes can turn through.   :)
Have you ever thought about the possibility of being wrong?

So IF you claim it to be 45º, it falls way short of the 100º the eyes can turn through.
Read what I wrote, 45º to each side, 90º doesn't fall that short of 100º, and those 45º for each side are added to the 180º I see when I look straight ahead.

See the Quotes I had from,  http://www.eyecalcs.com/DWAN/pages/v8/v8c023.html
I did, what I saw during the test was exactly what they say, only limited to some 45º (not an accurate measurement) instead of a maximum of 50º, but still in the "45 to 50 degrees each way from the primary position" limits on that quote.

if 45º to 50º refers to one way, then the total is 90º to 100º in total !
Yes, added to the 180º when looking straight ahead.

So you are missing 45º somewhere...  IF you are correct in you evaluations.   :)
Missing? How?

Do you now understand correctly what I am saying ?
It would be easier if you explained things like the above sentence.  ::)

IF you still don't understand what I am explaining, I will post a Diagram showing this.
What if you still don't understand what I'm saying? ;)

• Gold 253
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2014, 03:53:42 am »
Hi ArMap

Think on it a bit more  ....   :)

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2014, 04:12:28 am »

Have you ever thought about the possibility of being wrong?

I'm also curious to know whether Matrix has any doubts about his knowledge of any subject.
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

• Gold 253
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2014, 04:47:24 am »
I'm also curious to know whether Matrix has any doubts about his knowledge of any subject.

What would you like me to say SIN ?

Obviously my time is of no value here .... Time to move on I guess .....

Then you won't have to read my posts any more will you ?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:53:14 am by The Matrix Traveller »

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2014, 05:49:23 am »
What would you like me to say SIN ?

Then you won't have to read my posts any more will you ?

I'd like answers from you in a language that the rest of us speak..

And I'd like answers to my enquiry's, which have always been reasonable.

You never seem to doubt or question anything, therefore I am asking you if you think you know everything? Or are there things that you know you don't know?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:51:09 am by Sinny »
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

Offline Glaucon

• Blank
  • Gold 13
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »

No, carry on!
"The beginning of wisdom comes with the definition of terms" -Socrates

"..that the people being ignorant, and always discontented, to lay the foundation of government in the unsteady opinion and uncertain humour of the people, is to expose it to certain ruin" -Locke

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter