collapse

Author Topic: Recommended UFO books  (Read 18204 times)

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
Recommended UFO books
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:00:33 pm »
I often get asked what UFO books I like and could I recommend any.

This thread is for all members to post which books they like and why,

and a quick summary of what it is about.

I'll start off with a couple I really like in the nuts and bolts category.

Both of these contain official documents which catch the government red- handed with their hands in the cookie jar and lying about it -

Clear Intent: The Government Coverup of the Ufo Experience

"This book contains direct information gleaned from an exhaustive search of the US Archives with corraborative testimony from eyewitnesses and insiders.

A clear and concise exploration of the government's cover-up of the UFO phenomena.

Together with a couple other fine works, this should give any researcher the foundation upon which to make a sound judgement about this conspiracy.

I encourage people to read this book and decide for themselves."

Uninvited Guests by Richard Hall

"In 1965, Richard Hall, then Acting Director of a civilian UFO group in Washington, D.C., was questioned by a CIA agent and given a direct telephone line to his office using it to report some high quality UFO sightings, as requested.

Many years later he used the Freedom of Information and Privacy acts to request CIA files mentioning him by name.

Some previously known documents were obtained after an appeal, but the CIA refused to release the security clearance "paper trail".

Information revealed includes:

· Close Encounters/The Vehicular Kind
. Magic Technology
. The Humanoids
. Bodies In The Morgue
. The Big Secret
. Extraterrestrial Psychology
. Case Book: A Global Cross Section Of The UFO Mystery
. Sample Government UFO Documents
. Crashed Saucers
· Abduction Reports

"Reading this book will take the reader through a stimulating intellectual exploration of the ideas and data that relate to the contemporary UFO mystery in all of its bewildering complexity. The potential significance is awe inspiring and I am left with the feeling of standing right at the threshold."

JOHN B. CARLSON, PhD
Asst. Professor of Astronomy & Anthropology
Univ. of Maryland
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:39:14 pm by zorgon »

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220
Re: Recommended UFO books
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 06:07:01 pm »
A51Watcher, great thread mate - here's one of the best ones I've read on the UFO subject and it's now available on free Scrib doc format.   :)

One of the best books on UFO phenomenon. Written by J. Allen Hynek, who is considered as one of the most distinguished UFO researchers. It classifies UFO sightings into different categories, and then presents all the facts the way they are. Mr. Hynek was invited as a consultant for the Project Blue Book, and most of his data comes from the research.

PDF Copy Link

Haven't read all of this one yet but it does look very good.

The story, which is unmasked by the governments' own documents, explains much that is new, or at least not commonly known, about the seriousness with which the military and intelligence communities approached the UFO problem internally.

Excerpts

Cheers.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:04:42 pm by karl 12 »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »

Great recommendations Karl.

These few volumes alone are the smoking gun we managed to wrest from their grips proving that the military are and have been, monitoring and investigating UFO's...AND, lying about it the whole time.

This should come as no surprise, considering US airspace is their domain and they are charged with monitoring and defending it.

The only surprise is why they would lie about it and cover it up.

This, is the motivation that should give us pause for reflection.

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 01:32:40 pm »
Couldn't agree more my friend and some of the government documents really do make for some very interesting reading, I also wonder just how much of a chump you actually have to be just to mindlessly accept the claims of the 'USAF factsheet' or swallow many of their UFO 'explanations and evaluations' - thought Dr Hynek summed it up quite well below:

"For the government to continue to maintain that UFOs are nonexistent in the face of the documents already released and of other cogent evidence presented in this book is puerile and in a sense an insult to the American people."

Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Scientific Advisor to Project Bluebook from 1952-1969

Here's another great UFO book, I know you've probably read it but for folks that haven't it's on E-book format at the link.

Richard M. Dolan is a gifted historian whose study of U.S. Cold War strategy led him to the broader context of increased security measures and secrecy since World War II. One aspect of such government policies that has continued to hold the public's imagination for over half a century is the question of unidentified flying objects.

UFOs and the National Security State is the first volume of a two-part detailed chronological narrative of the national security dimensions of the UFO phenomenon from 1941 to the present. Working from hundreds of declassified records and other primary and secondary sources, Dolan centers his investigation on the American military and intelligence communities, demonstrating that they take UFOs seriously indeed.

link

Always loved this one as well. :)

The fundamental fact confronting us is the existence of a large number of UFO sighting reports. Some of these reports may be fraudulent, but most investigators have concluded that the major ity are quite valid; that is, the witnesses themselves believed that they saw something real, external, artificial, and unusual. The primary aim of this book is to seek a satisfactory interpretation, or understanding, of these experiences.

UFOLOGY - A Major Breakthrough in the Scientific Understanding of Unidentified Flying Objects - James M. McCampbell

Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:34:48 am by thorfourwinds »

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 10:49:55 pm »

Hey Karl,  ;D

Yes those are great ones as well, nice to see the free link available!  8)

I am reminded with the volumes presented so far, that it all gets to be a bit much after a while, I mean at what point does a reasonable person say enough already, the proof in these documents is undeniable, in fact way beyond undeniable. Don't show me any more please I beg you, I concede the case has been made, you made your point.  ;D

People really should read these books... if they dare.  ;)

The Roswell case also enjoys this same over- abundance of proof.

I don't think people realize that I could (and think I just MIGHT  ;) ) start a thread and take each Roswell witness and present all their testimony, one day at a time, one by one...

and in order to complete them all, it will take roughly 2 YEARS.

:o

Cheers!  8)

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:25:48 pm »
Completely agree there's something undeniable going on mate, whether it's ETs, EDs, CTs or something we haven't thought of yet I don't know -one thing's for sure, the UFO subject should be treated one hell of a lot more seriously than is currently is.

Dr Michael Swords also lists some important UFO literature in this interview and was glad to see Captain Rupplet's book and the NICAP evidence report were at the top of the list.  ;)

Ruppelt:

This is Edward J. Ruppelt's memoir of his role in the seminal US Air Force UFO study projects: Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book. According to this account, he coined the acronym 'UFO' and put many of the official procedures for reporting and studying UFOs in place. An enjoyable read, this book captures the feel of working for the mid-20th century US military. He describes the changing attitudes of the USAF about UFOs during the early 1950s: wobbling between denial, ridicule, paranoia, and genuine inquiry.

E-book

NICAP:

A synthesis is presented of data concerning Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) reported during the past 20 years through governmental, press and private channels. The serious evidence is clarified and analyzed. The data are reported by categories of specially trained observers and studied by patterns of appearance, performance and periodic recurrence.

E-book

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:55:22 pm by zorgon »

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 07:58:49 pm »
those books are almost antiques.classy.
hyneck,poor fellow.

my faves are fiction.
the philadelphia experiment and w.a.harbisons genesis.
genesis creaped me to the bone.
its ahout a billionaire x nazi controls the world from the shadows.like an evil wizard of oz.
it ties in alot of conspiracies.ufos.nazi base at south pole.important scientist mysteriously dying.why the gov is crazy.

the philadelphia experiment .basically because of the chapters about townsend brown.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 09:03:20 pm »
Hey Robomont, I see your point but just because some of the books are old doesn't mean they're not relevant (or extremely interesting  :) )  - I don't know if you've read the book 'UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry' by Michael Swords but it's a very good one and was only released last year -there's a great part here from it describing the Red Bluff case from August, 1960 (god knows what that object was) and it also does a good job of examining officially released UFO documentation from the U.S. Government.

If you don't fancy reading non fiction then here's the accompanying documentary to the book.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDb1oyVKnP4[/youtube]

"Scrupulously accurate, intelligently conceived, UFOs: The Secret History is the thinking viewer's guide to the puzzles and paradoxes of an extraordinary phenomenon that continues to haunt our times and trouble our dreams. It is also gorgeously filmed - a feast to eye and mind, a thrilling experience on every level."

Jerome Clark, author of the award-winning, multi-volume UFO Encyclopedia

Cheers.

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:10:05 pm »
im not downing any of the books.they are treasure in my eyes.
hyneck just is such a contreversial figure.kinda like stanton freidman.or william cooper for that matter.

as far as failed books .i have stephen hawkings a brief history of time.lol.

personally im just flat out tired of lies and being around liars.
thats why i like pegasus so much.

most nonfiction is boring or full of lies.ie stephen hawking.

but there is kinda a novelty to it now.the old classics.a fringe genre kinda.

ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41:48 pm »

im not downing any of the books.they are treasure in my eyes.

Apologies for presuming that you did mate - they're certainly wonderful books and the more folks that read them the better.

hyneck just is such a contreversial figure.

He sure was but I do admire his objective change of opinion on the UFO subject - he says in one of his books that he started out as an 'outright debunker' so it's nice to see a scientist change his mind once in a while (also liked his comments in  this vid where he called the Condon report 'a travesty on science').

most nonfiction is boring or full of lies.ie stephen hawking.

but there is kinda a novelty to it now.the old classics.a fringe genre kinda.

Don't know about his other work but also completely disagree with Stephen Hawking when it comes to the UFO subject ("only cranks and weirdos see UFOs") -he's probably never even lifted a finger to research the subject.

You mentioned old classics and the work of Charles Fort is also certainly up there -don't know if you've read this one from 1923 but it also contains some very intriguing UFO reports, the writing style is a bit dated but it seems that UFOs were being seen way back before the 1940s.

New Lands by Charles Fort

As in his other books, many of the phenomena here are straight-on UFO reports. Fort gives numerous instances of 'airship' sightings, some with multiple attestations over wide regions. Many of the sightings occurred decades before humans attained heavier-than-air flight. What is striking to modern readers is the language used by the authorities to explain these sightings: bright stars, luminescent gas, mirages, ball lightning, and mass hysteria...and, just prior to WWI, reports of mysterious cylinders over south England were attributed to the Germans. So not only have there been mysterious lights in the sky long before the initial UFO flap in the late 1940s, the powers that be have likewise attempted to dismiss these reports in similar terms for a long time...

E-book

Cheers.

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 07:03:32 am »
Secrets of The UFO

By Don Elkins and Carla Rueckert.

Free & Legal PDF
http://www.llresearch.org/library/secrets_of_the_ufo_pdf/secrets_of_the_ufo_pdf.aspx

Book Description:

A summary of the twenty five years of philosophical study that preceded the Ra contact. This study began with investigation into the metaphysical aspects of the UFO phenomenon. The progression from physical sightings to metaphysical implications is carefully traced in SECRETS OF THE UFO and serves as an introduction to the LAW OF ONE series.

For our Visual Learners:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO0DT40csVo[/youtube]

I was going to make a thread about Don, Carla, Psychic Surgery & Healing and various other related subjects/names, however I just finished read the 'NINE' thread here on PRC, and it seems you have the topic covered :)
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
  • open minded student of truth.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 04:51:51 pm »
Some great books there, I'm still trying to replace books on UFO's and the paranormal, a lot from the 1970s I lost between moves or lent them out, but there so expensive to replace :-(

I can recommend quite a lot, I keep them at my mothers now so they don't go missing.

UFO operation Trojan horse by john a keel is a great book, re printed as originals can be £50 upwards!

The secret life of plants by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird is an eye opener that tells us that plants "feel and respond" to emotions and pain etc. really cool.

Chariots of the gods by Erich von Däniken is a must read.  Ancient astronaut  theory.

And a great book on human nature and the mind is emotional intelligence by Daniel Goleman, best seller ! How it's more important than your IQ, very informative.

The hunt for zero point by nick cook is a great book on possible hidden technology relating to anti gravity research and it's origins to today's research.

Timothy good is an excellent author in the UFO field so any of his books are recommended.

I will post some more when I pop to my mums and get the info.
Nikola Tesla humanitarian / Genius.
never forget this great man who gave so much
& asked for nothing but to let electricity be free for all.

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 06:07:33 pm »

UFO operation Trojan horse by john a keel is a great book, re printed as originals can be £50 upwards!

Here we go Stealthy, it's available to read free on Slideshare.

'Operation Trojan Horse' by John Keel.

This is a book of UFOs and the paranormal which does not parrot the popular line. It demonstrates the nexus existing between the various types of paranormal manifestations (ufos, hairy monsters, demons and ghosts, MIB, etc.) And, most significantly, Keel proves that the correct identity/source of UFOs are not aliens from other planets traveling aboard "spacechips" of "very advanced technology." This book not only explains the nature of UFOs and paranormal critters, but it can greatly assist the individual in coming to a true and greatly extended conception regarding the basic nature of reality.

link

Some other good free UFO E-books:

The UFO Controversy In America by David M. Jacobs:

An account of sightings and reports of unidentified flying objects in the United States, from 1897 to the 1970s, describing and examining societal and individual responses to the controversial phenomena.

link

'What We Really Know About Flying Saucers' by Otto Binder.

Very few of the many books published on "flying saucers" have attempted to collate the available "hard facts" and review statistically the vast amount of data now available. Now, at long last, a highly qualified science writer, Otto Binder, has reviewed this overwhelming mass of material - twenty years of sightings and information - and organized it into a meaningful and lucid book. He has done a remarkable job of sifting fact from fantasy and truth from nonsense. If there is a "secret" to the UFO mystery, it can be found somewhere in these pages.

link

The Interrupted Journey by John G. Fuller.

The book recounts the classic and most carefully documented of the many 'close encounters' that have been reported across the world. Driving home from Canada on the night of September 19th 1961, Betty and Barney Hill of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, sighted a flying saucer, which left them shaken. When they arrived home Barney found inexplicable scuff marks on the tips of his shoes; Betty noticed rows of mysterious circles on the boot of their car, but what was worse, they realised they could not account for almost two hours of their time on the road. After many months of psychic distress, they sought medical assistance from Dr. Benjamin Simon, a distinguished Boston psychiatrist and neurologist, and under psychotherapy, including time-regression hypnosis, the Hills gave almost identical accounts of what had happened during their two lost hours. They told of intelligent humanoid beings who took them on board an alien spacecraft, questioned them and subjected them to physical examinations.

link

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
  • open minded student of truth.
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 04:01:42 pm »
Hey cool finds Karl, thanks mate :) I have operation Trojan horse

I never knew the interrupted journey was available as an E book! Nice catch!

Not read the others but I will now :D. Still like the feel of paper though
And I'm always trawling the charity shops for them.

Cheers. That will keep me busy for a while.

Nikola Tesla humanitarian / Genius.
never forget this great man who gave so much
& asked for nothing but to let electricity be free for all.

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 05:12:23 pm »

Still like the feel of paper though

And I'm always trawling the charity shops for them.

Ha so am I mate and it really is amazing what you find.  :)

More free E-books:

UFO Study: A Handbook for Enthusiasts: Jenny Randles

PDF File

UFOs - Anatomy of a Phenomenon by Jacques F. Vallée

Link

UFO Phenomena And The Behavioral Scientist

PDF File

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts