collapse

Author Topic: Water Wars/control - Jesse Ventura : Great Lakes FULL  (Read 15879 times)

Edward

Water Wars/control - Jesse Ventura : Great Lakes FULL
« on: March 25, 2013, 08:57:48 pm »
MUST see! BANNED - Jesse Ventura : Great Lakes FULL

Well people I don't know what is going on.  I come back and see that the link I posted as youtube is redirecting to another video.  I tried pasting the link here and it seems to take you to the link. I don't know why it happening like that but just click this link to go to view this.

[youtube]SUsd916mMX4[/youtube]

Edward
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:52:16 pm by zorgon »

Edward

Re: Water Wars/control - Jesse Ventura : Great Lakes FULL
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:42:07 pm »
"Oh, you didnt know? Your a** better caaaaalllll somebody"!  - NAO

Yeah kinda important stuff. I already knew about the chemicals that was used in the water and that comes from the plastic of the bottles, but the lithium was something new to me though.

Edward

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »
Too much information :P in your link

You used  http ://www. youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=channel%3A5122f51c-0-28d5-9004-47d7b86d410&feature=iv&src_vid=gnPIE8FhXvY&v=SUsd916mMX4

The actual youtube link is this...
http ://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=SUsd916mMX4

All you want is the numbers/letters after the =   so in this case  SUsd916mMX4

All the other stuff is tracking and redirects

Going to move this one into the Jesse Venture section.... 5....4.... 3....

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:02:10 pm »
Okay so what is this video about? Don't have time to watch it... give us a quick summary :D

Edward

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 10:27:31 pm »
Well it's best to watch it but anyways in short it covers how priviate individuals buying up land over  Aquifers and are taking fresh water away and  muliti-national corps.  taking water from the great lakes.  Selling the water back to us for pretty much more than what we pay for gasoline, in form of bottled water.  On top of it all there is really little oversight if any at all on the bottling and treatment of said water.  Plus finding out they are hauling the water away to other countries like China for example to re-fill their drying up aquafiers.   Getting back to chemicals their are chemicals in the plastic of the bottles that affect our hormones and combined with the flouride in the water which pretty much most people know they are now finding lithium in the water at various water treatment plants and in the water we drink and  not to mention uranium is also being found too.  So you add it all up.  It's making males less fertile amongst other side affects for the fetus they postulate. 

I might be leaving out some stuff....oh yeah.  Our various fresh water supply like the great lakes are being basically drained.  They also talk about the effects on the eco-system and how precious the fresh water  is, which is all true. 

Gotta spend some time to watch it  in my opinion.  If you don't like Jesse or the show its no reason not to watch it.  There is valid information here even though it is a tv show.

Edward

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:41:09 pm »
LOL yeah I am not a big fan of Jesse. Many of us especially here have spent years of long hours at hard research on such topics and he collects such info and makes his showman videos.

Sure it gets to the general TV watching sheep :P but its on our backs. ;)

Water in the Great Lakes

Canada has roughly 80% of the world's supply of fresh water that is easily accessible. At the end of the Great Lakes is Niagara Falls

[youtube]ae1RqLvO4a8[/youtube]

More than six million cubic feet (168,000 m3) of water falls over the crest line every minute in high flow, and almost four million cubic feet (110,000 m3) on average.

There is NO WAY that we can use up all that water no matter how many bottles we fill six million cubic feet per MINUTE Besides all that water is going down the St Lawrence river out to sea anyway.

Since the water level in the lakes has stayed constant for decades if not hundreds of years, that means the lakes are constantly being refilled at a rate that allows such a flow at Niagara.

While Lake Erie is heavily polluted and Lake Ontario is too but not as bad, Lake Superior is crystal clear. I used to scuba dive there about 10 years ago

The clear ice cold water (average water temperature is 40ºF) preserves wrecks so it is a Diver's Paradise. The amount of water in Lake Superior is 2,900 cu mi (12,000 km3)

So I would say there is no problem in the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:43:16 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 12:02:13 am »
Lake Superior Miles of Pristine Shores Clear Deep Blue Waters

[youtube]xtaBM0HS_QQ[/youtube]

Though water freezes at 32F  the temperatures between 40F and 32F are generally a jelly state and change quickly. Lake Superior (actually all the great lakes but Erie) are at 40F all year round.

But when the Winds of November come... the seas get nasty...

[youtube]c8FaotwbMdw[/youtube]

The FURY of Lake Superior...

[youtube]MZ7bL3V1JQ8[/youtube]

Watch this big Iron Boat buckle in the storm

American Steamshp Company Watch the Charles Wilson work her hull and bend in the big waves from the deck eye level! Everyone was thinking of the Fitz on this run.

[youtube]cddtyqQNHtM[/youtube]

If you have never seen the Great Lakes up close, it is hard to imagine the sheer volume of water... and to feel the fury of those gales when your in a 24 foot sailboat riding over 26 foot swells is something you have to experience.

The 'Fitz'?  That would be the Edmund Fitzgerald, a wreck that is off limits to Diver's as she went down with all hands

[youtube]tf7Z8ZWgAMk[/youtube]

[youtube]Q0DqPSF2fyo[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:08:09 am by zorgon »

sky otter

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 04:11:10 pm »

well Z..
while i agree with you about jessie
i have to disagree about the water
i have been worrying about water for abit now
and am currently looking into having a well dug
there are springs near by but getting old carrying buckets of water has less appeal than ever
so closer to the house would be great

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/17/great-lakes-harbors-low-water/1992719/
Low water levels bedevil Great Lakes harbors
Judy Keen, USA TODAY6:26a.m. EDT March 17, 2013
Communities and businesses all along the coasts of Lake Michigan and Lake Huron are wishing for rain as record-low water levels threaten the region's economic stability.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2013/02/06/lake-michigan-lake-huron-record-low-levels-drought/1896603/
2 Great Lakes hit lowest water level on record
John Flesher, AP Environmental Writer2:41p.m. EST February 6, 2013
Lakes Huron and Michigan are at record low levels.

In this Nov. 2012 photo, white streaks on a steel breakwall show the normal water level on Portage Lake at Onekama, Mich., which is connected by a channel to Lake Michigan. Two of the five Great Lakes -- Michigan and Huron -- are at their lowest level on record. (Photo: John Flesher AP)

Story Highlights
The lakes were 29 inches below their long-term average and had declined 17 inches since January 2012
The low water has caused heavy economic losses by forcing cargo ships to carry lighter loads
It would take "years of consistent rain" to return Lake Michigan and Lake Huron to normal
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) -- Two of the Great Lakes have hit their lowest water levels ever recorded, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Tuesday, capping more than a decade of below-normal rain and snowfall and higher temperatures that boost evaporation.

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2013/02/11/record-low-water-levels-threaten-shipping-in-great-lakes/

February 11, 2013

Record Low Water Levels Threaten Shipping in Great Lakes
Lower than average snowfall coupled with a hot and dry summer has caused water levels in Lakes Michigan and Huron to hit a record low for the second month in a row, causing economic hardship on shippers forced to carry lighter loads, according to a report by the US Army Corps of Engineers.

The record set in January, the lowest point since data collection began in 1918, follows 14 years of below-average water levels, according to the report. The low levels will continue to affect recreational harbors as well as the shipping industry.

Waukegan Harbor in Lake Michigan is currently closed to commercial navigation. Groundings now are much more likely and other harbors may close, the corps said.

The latest forecast shows Michigan and Huron setting further all-time record lows with a predicted level of 575.95 feet for both February and March 2013, the corps said. The water level is expected to rise in April.

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/now/wlevels/levels.html

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/02/lakes_michigan_and_huron_hit_a.html

Lakes Michigan and Huron hit all-time record low water levels; no end to low-water trend in sight
 By Dave Alexander | dalexan1@mlive.com The Muskegon Chronicle
on February 05, 2013 at 6:57 PM, updated February 05, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Print   

View/Post Comments
MUSKEGON, MI – Boaters on Lakes Michigan and Huron – both commercial and recreational – are left asking how low will the water levels go after a new low-water record was reached in January.

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/01/10/new-great-lakes-map-highlights-environmental-threats-and-opportunities/

New Great Lakes Map Highlights Environmental Threats and OpportunitiesPosted by Lisa Borre in Water Currents on January 10, 2013

The lake temperature map shows Lake Superior, one of the most rapidly warming lakes in the world, at highest risk. Source: Great Lakes Environmental Assessment and Mapping (GLEAM) Project.

sky otter

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 08:30:48 pm »

i didn't know this.. very interesting

Updated: 3/29/2013.
Anniversary of Niagara Falls Running Dry

March 29 marks the anniversary of when a massive ice jam reduced the mighty Niagara Falls to a trickle in 1848, a rare phenomena that lasted for nearly 40 hours.

The ice jam developed as strong winds blew chunks of ice from Lake Erie into the Niagara River's entrance near Buffalo, blocking the flow of water to Niagara Falls.

Residents first noticed the eerie silence of barely any water rushing over Niagara Falls during the evening of March 29th.

In the hours that followed, a report from the New York State Assembly states that people were able to retrieve guns, bayonets and tomahawks (all artifacts from the War of 1812) from the exposed river bed.

Some crew members of the famous "Maid of the Mist" used this time to blast away rocks that had created navigation hazards.

Nearby mills and factory machines, which used power generated from the Falls, had to be shut down.

Normalcy around Niagara Falls finally resumed during the night of March 31st, when the ice jam broke free and water once again started roaring over the Falls.

http://local.msn.com/weatherarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=257015786

sky otter

Re: Water Wars/control -
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 06:01:05 am »

7 States Running Out Of Water: 24/7 Wall St.

24/7 Wall St. 
 By Alexander E.M. Hess, Samuel Weigley, Michael Sauter
Posted: 03/30/2013 1:31 pm EDT  |  Updated: 03/30/2013 1:32 pm EDT

Water, Business News .From 24/7 Wall St.:
 The United States is in the midst of one of the biggest droughts in recent memory. At last count, over half of the lower 48 states had abnormally dry conditions and are suffering from at least moderate drought.

More than 80 percent of seven states were as of last week in “severe drought,” characterized by crop or pasture loss, water shortage and water restrictions. Depending on whether the hardest-hit regions see significant precipitation, crops yields could fall and drought conditions could persist for months to come. Based on the latest data provided by the U.S. Drought Monitor, 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the seven states running out of water.

Click here to see the seven states running out of water

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/30/states-running-out-of-water_n_2984979.html

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 07:29:43 am »
Looking out my window I can see Lake Huron and I can vouch for the fact that the current water level is setting a low water mark.

The level has a cycle of up and down, but never this low.  20 years ago it was very high and people scrambled to put rock and earth in front of their waterfront properties to protect their homes.  They spent millions to upgrade their docks and raise them up.

Fast forward and now some of those docks have zero water around them.

Lake Michigan and Lake Huron are combined at the top of Lower Michigan so are on the same sea level.  There are no canals or natural barriers between the two.  Mackinac bridge goes over the point where the two lakes meet.

If you think about the volume of water that is involved, one wonders where it has all gone.
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

deuem

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 08:19:31 am »
Gotta ask, Is the water level going down or is the land rising?
Anyone know? Either way it would look the same.
Deuem

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Water Wars/control -
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 11:32:12 am »
7 States Running Out Of Water: 24/7 Wall St.

The Dust Bowl

The Dust Bowl, or the Dirty Thirties, was a period of severe dust storms causing major ecological and agricultural damage to American and Canadian prairie lands in the 1930s, particularly in 1934 and 1936. The phenomenon was caused by severe drought combined with farming methods that did not include crop rotation, fallow fields, cover crops, soil terracing and wind-breaking trees to prevent wind erosion. Extensive deep plowing of the virgin topsoil of the Great Plains in the preceding decade had displaced the natural deep-rooted grasses that normally kept the soil in place and trapped moisture even during periods of drought and high winds. Rapid mechanization of farm implements, especially small gasoline tractors and widespread use of the combine harvester were significant in the decisions to convert grassland (much of which received no more than 10 inches (250 mm) of precipitation per year) to cultivated cropland.

During the drought of the 1930s, without natural anchors to keep the soil in place, it dried, turned to dust, and blew away with the prevailing winds. At times, the clouds blackened the sky, reaching all the way to East Coast cities such as New York City and Washington, D.C.. Much of the soil ended up deposited in the Atlantic Ocean, carried by prevailing winds. These immense dust storms—given names such as "black blizzards" and "black rollers"—often reduced visibility to a few feet (a meter) or less. The Dust Bowl affected 100,000,000 acres (400,000 km2), centered on the panhandles of Texas and Oklahoma, and adjacent parts of New Mexico, Colorado, and Kansas.

Millions of acres of farmland were damaged, and hundreds of thousands of people were forced to leave their homes; many of these families (often known as "Okies", since so many came from Oklahoma) migrated to California and other states, where they found economic conditions little better than those they had left, due to the Great Depression. Owning no land, many became migrant workers who traveled from farm to farm to pick fruit and other crops at starvation wages. Author John Steinbeck wrote The Grapes of Wrath, for which he won a Pulitzer prize, and Of Mice and Men about such people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_Bowl

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:11 am »
well Z..
i have to disagree about the water
i have been worrying about water for abit now
and am currently looking into having a well dug
there are springs near by but getting old carrying buckets of water has less appeal than ever
so closer to the house would be great

I stand corrected on the lakes, seems like they are dropping. Yet there have been record snowfalls this year.

Digging a well is a good idea if you can. I want to dig one myself on the front lawn but would have to do so on the slight. You should do it now before they put a ban on them

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 11:42:41 am »
I can tell you that the grain futures' speculators do not think the problem is too bad.  Prices for this year's crop to be delivered is going down.  Forecast is for increased acreage and good potential for yields compared to last year.

I just drove through many of the states that were extremely dry a year ago.  That is not the case this year.  Many fields have standing water in them.  Even the fields that have center irrigation pivots in them.  Subsoil moisture should be replenished even if there is a dry period.

The dry area is where the majority of Hard Red Winter Wheat is grown.  That type of wheat loves drier conditions.  Hence why it is grown there.  Price of it is falling also.
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]