collapse

Author Topic: USS Ronald Regan sailors who decontaminated the ship suffering radiation sicknes  (Read 12218 times)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT

Photo: USS Ronald Reagan / Associated Press

WASHINGTON, December 24, 2013 – As over fifty US Navy sailors who served about the USS Ronald Reagan and other Navy ships responding to the 2011 Fukushima disaster in Japan report falling ill to cancer and other radiation-linked diseases, it is critical to ascertain if the NSA intercepted telephone and email communications from the Tokyo Electric Power Company.

The question of whether the spy agency already knew that TEPCO was covering up the multi-reactor meltdown at the time the Pentagon ordered sailors into harm’s way during “Operation Tomodachi” needs to be answered. 

It would be hard to imagine that the NSA, the embattled spy agency which has been caught eavesdropping on the Pope, among other heads of state, was not using all available surveillance technology and Japanese translators to monitor the unfolding TEPCO catastrophe, continually providing the Obama Administration with frequent updates on the unfolding situation. 

more
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
  • A fantastic journey begins with curiosity
Why am I having a hard time understanding that the Navy had no equipment capable of reading the radiation and just blindly went in to a contaminated area? Even if they didn't know, shouldn't some alarms have gone off? Not even radiation tags?

Is ther something fishy going on here or am I missing something?   Deuem

enews had an audio recording of sailors making recordings of the alarms (radiation warning detectors) going off on the ship.  I wondered why they did not put their suits on.  I was in the army and air force and we were provided suits to protect us from contamination.  Don't know why the CO didn't order it.
From the past into the future any way I can...Educating...informing....guiding.

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
I found a video of the alarms going off and sailors reactions.  I will post it once I return to Florida sometime in the next 2 days.  I'm on a tablet right now.  Sad to see what is done to our sailors.  Having been through NBC school in the army...I have an idea what should have been done for their protection.

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Xk6Sy1cNgXo[/youtube]

Most of the sailors appear not to know what they are up against.  Listen to the voice on the recording.  Listen to the alarm going off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m5Wa_1PZzR4

More from a different perspective.

Radiation from de-salinated water etc...

Navy Quartermasters talk.

More on Quartermasters.  Extended length.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:39:03 pm by spacemaverick »

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
UPDATE

Toll Mounts Among U.S. Sailors Devastated by Fukushima Radiation

Harvey Wasserman | January 11, 2014 11:41 am

From EcoWatch transforming green

The roll call of U.S. sailors who say their health was devastated when they were irradiated while delivering humanitarian help near the stricken Fukushima nuke is continuing to soar.

So many have come forward that the progress of their federal class action lawsuit has been delayed.

Bay area lawyer Charles Bonner says a re-filing will wait until early February to accommodate a constant influx of sailors from the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan and other American ships.

Within a day of Fukushima One’s March 11, 2011, melt-down, American “first responders” were drenched in radioactive fallout. In the midst of a driving snow storm, sailors reported a cloud of warm air with a metallic taste that poured over the Reagan.

Then-Prime Minister Naoto Kan, at the time a nuclear supporter, says “the first meltdown occurred five hours after the earthquake.” The lawsuit charges that Tokyo Electric Power knew large quantities of radiation were pouring into the air and water, but said nothing to the Navy or the public.

Had the Navy known, says Bonner, it could have moved its ships out of harm’s way. But some sailors actually jumped into the ocean just offshore to pull victims to safety. Others worked 18-hour shifts in the open air through a four-day mission, re-fueling and repairing helicopters, loading them with vital supplies and much more. All were drinking and bathing in desalinated water that had been severely contaminated by radioactive fallout and runoff.

the rest of the story;

http://ecowatch.com/2014/01/11/sailors-devastated-by-fukushima-radiation/

THIS IS INTOLERABLE WHAT OUR GOVERNMENT AND THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT HAS ALLOWED TO HAPPEN AND NOT TAKE CARE OF THEM.

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
My son had just graduated from naval boot and was stationed in redmand washington? when fuku happened.
I went to the navy wives fb page and asked if our sailors were in danger.never recieved a reply.the navy knows what they did.im so glad my son wasnt on there.
The officers should be tried and hung for treason.
Friends dont let friends join the military.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
US Sailors Sue TEPCO for Radioactive Fallout Cover-Up

The lawyer tells the story along with those who worked on the Reagan.

https://twitter.com/eonnewsnet/status/414211675324440576
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:23:41 pm by spacemaverick »

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
Here is the other side of the coin regarding the problem on the USS Reagan and it comes from Intellihub and the information came from Infowars which cites Discovery Channel.

http://intellihub.com/2014/01/16/discovery-channel-stop-worrying-about-fukushima-radiation/

The Discovery Channel has posted a YouTube video urging its viewers to ignore “trolls” and “fearmongerers” and stop worrying about Fukushima radiation

In the clip, host Trace Dominguez blames a “mob” for trying to make others believe that deadly radiation from the crippled nuclear power plant could be hitting the west coast of the United States and is responsible for killing animals and sea life

Then listen to this guy go the other direction from Dnews.  You hear both sides out there.  What do you believe?  Who do you believe?  In the clip below, this is not The Discovery Channel.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1ZqcxI_XATI[/youtube]

From Info Wars - Is this Dnews actually Discovery News off the Discovery Channel?

http://www.infowars.com/discovery-channel-stop-worrying-about-fukushima-radiation/

Now I heard the alarms going off in one of the Reagan videos and that tells me that there was some radiation detected.  I see them on deck washing it down which is SOP for fallout.  However if you believe the guy in the video and listen to the same thing going across the Internet, you would be led to believe that there is no problem.

As always, you must make up your mind for yourself.  Here is the way I look at the USS Reagan issue.  Radiation poisoning acts just about the same on any human body so many of the symptoms should be the same or similar.  I don't see that as of yet.  I have been an NBC NCO in the service where we were educated in the Nuclear, biological and chemical areas.  I am not seeing (according to the way we were trained) the radiation symptoms.  Yes readings causing alarms to go off.  Once decontamination takes place, those reading should drop or disappear.  We deconned ground equipment and aircraft much the same way.  When decontaminating we always wore suits, boots, gloves and sealed these with duct tape where clothing met boots and gloves etc...  Once finished these were sealed in containers and taken away for diposal.

Remember, there are over 5,000 sailors on an aircraft carrier.  That's a small city.  Seventy out of 5,000.  I'm not saying there is not a problem but there should be more people coming forward.  How many do we really have that were exposed?  Where they exposed to fallout from the plume?  Did the Reagan navigate through the plume and not know it?  There are so many questions...  Guess I start digging.

And the biggest question brought up was, "What can we really do about it?"

From Mayo Clinic on the symptoms of radiation sickness:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/radiation-sickness/basics/symptoms/con-20022901
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 02:45:18 pm by spacemaverick »

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
If the guy in the video is so confident that the Fuku disaster is no big deal, someone should invite him to a fish fry in Northern Japan and see if he shows up!

Paid shill comes to mind.
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
I will give him this though.  This is a map of the tsunami.

http://defensetech.org/2011/03/12/noaa-map-of-japanese-tsunami-wave-height/
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
If the guy in the video is so confident that the Fuku disaster is no big deal, someone should invite him to a fish fry in Northern Japan and see if he shows up!

Paid shill comes to mind.

He is either a paid shill, not very bright or extremely out of touch with reality.

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
More complete information on decontamination process aboard the USS Ronald Reagan.  I thought this article was more detailed than any previous.

From the International Policy Digest

By Peter Lee | February 6, 2014

"As was reported in 2011, the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan was exposed to radiation contamination from Fukushima during its earthquake/tsunami rescue operations—“Operation Tomodachi”–off the Japan coast. The original coverage minimized the significance of the contamination, saying it was equivalent to an extra month’s background radiation.

This narrative was called into question as sailors who had served on the Reagan at that time filed suit, first in San Diego court and then against the Tokyo Electric Power Corporation or TEPCO, for damages relating to health problems they blamed on the contamination. Currently, there are more than 50 plaintiffs and their attorney says he expects the number to grow. Congress recently directed the Department of Defense to look into potential health impacts from exposure during Operation Tomodachi. Stars & Stripes reported the story with this arresting image of a line of sailors pushing soapy water across the Reagan’s flight deck."

"First off, the adjective “potential” perhaps conveys a false idea of the level of confirmation that the Reagan was contaminated. The Reagan is nuclear-powered, and chock-a-block with radiation detectors. Indeed, the CBS report at the time acknowledged that the radiation detectors were triggered. So the radiation contamination was “actual” not “potential” unless one wants to engage in word-parsing that there were no radiation detectors on the surface of the flight deck, so there was no confirmation of radiation contamination in the particular locations where the sailors were pushing their brooms at that time.

But it looks pretty likely that there was contamination, for a key and dire reason: the Reagan had experienced a snow storm while it was near the Fukushima reactor, raising the possibility that the plume of radioactive material, instead of dispersing in the higher atmosphere, had been washed down—and all over the Reagan—by the precipitation. Indeed, a sailor who is suing for health-related issues stated that the snow “tasted metallic.” Not exactly a good sign.

Which meant it is likely that radioactive particulate was all over the ship, and available to be inhaled. So it’s not like the crew simply experienced an increase in background radiation one might associate with a stay on the space shuttle or by standing next to a poorly shielded microwave; it is possible they were exposed to and inhaled radioactive particulate, which is universally acknowledged to be very bad for you."

The above taken directly from the article.

All the radiation detectors on board, snow and metallic taste in the air...not good

http://www.internationalpolicydigest.org/2014/02/06/contamination-uss-ronald-reagan-fukushima-response-underreported/

They used the same decontamination procedures they had used around 60 years before.  Really!  Read on and you will see what I mean.  From the link above you will find a fairly long article filled with good information.

Offline spacemaverick

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 373
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-CWHxr2yM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg-CWHxr2yM&feature=youtu.be

One billion dollar lawsuit against TEPCO has the go ahead but TEPCO says it's the US Navy's fault because the Navy knew the issue of radiation.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter