collapse

Author Topic: EU UK Referendum  (Read 10129 times)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
Re: EU UK Referendum
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 04:09:09 am »
Maybe creating the threat of Immigration has made many of the Brits consider it a main concern to want to exit the EU if they believe that it will resolve it..
One thing I found when I looked into UK/England population growth statistics was something I wasn't expecting, that the most spoken foreign language in England is not, like many people want us to believe, Arabic (that's in 6th place), it's Polish, with 1% of the population speaking it. Another thing is that, in the UK, most of the foreign-born residents are, as expected, from countries that were part of the British Empire, like India and Pakistan, but what I wasn't expecting was to see Poland on second place after India, with an estimated population of 790,000 people.

Why is nobody talking about a "Polish invasion"?

Its never easy to be sure..but I do think often the Elites think much more different to what the masses ever consider..
I think the elites are not as much in control as they wanted to, people do have more control on things than they think, but while they are Alex Joneses making people think they are fully controlled, they act as if they really are fully controlled and become more predictable.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 04:09:41 am »
One thing most people appear to forget or not know is that all the European organisations that exist today were the result of two wars that destroyed most of Europe, specially WWII.

As as been seen in many other occasions and places, when people are divided they are easily directed against each other, but when they work and live together they see that we are all the same, with the same desires and needs, and that borders are artificial things that keep us apart and make us look different.

Having cooperation between European countries was seen as a way of avoiding wars between them, turning military wars, at worst, into economic wars, but keeping things as peaceful as possible.

Division is never a good thing among people.

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 04:34:50 am »
Without trying to study various facts in some detail, its hard to offer specifics..and that also depends if the Info we may use is correct or not..Can the figures be ever trusted..esp if supplied by what maybe a Corrupt Govt !

It may just be that ALL Govts are corrupt to some degree no matter what !...

In somethings one can only try to go of what they seem to recall thru out their life experience...and my view may vary from someone 10 to 20 years older or younger..

But my own thoughts had been that since WW2...during My Parents days.. since they had their children along with all other parents of their day...MOST appeared as White English Citizens .

There had also been later a lot Scottish and Irish people arrive..

Then we did have an influx of Pakistan and Indian and later Black People..which steadily continued to grow..But it did not seem too bad say 20 yrs ago..

In the 1980s... there became an economic crisis and many businesses were closed and many Professions were no longer in demand such as in the Engineering or building trades...

and the workplace began to disappear as it once was with big factories..being replaces by many smaller type wharehouse / computer businesses..many became unemployed and has less children...where as in the pre generation.. populations seemed larger .. more children around.3 to 6 in a average family. in the next generation there seemed many less..

so i believe the origional families had declined.. and since been replaced by foreign workers...

For those who built the UK... and fought the war.. It seems an insult to them..as they cannot look after their own..

House prices soared.. and less could afford to buy a house..
and still lived at home with parents..in later yrs..

Good jobs became hard to obtain..

But since then... there seemed a much larger invasion of such races along with many other Europeans..

There have been issues with Polish concerns. maybe 10 yrs ago..PRIOR to the more recent Muslim concerns..

The Polish were being taken in and were filling a LOT of Jobs that in better times Brits would not take..and later did seem a threat as they often took lower paid work that started to lower wages..But some suggested more employers took them on as also they were prepared to work harder / longer hrs for less.. and this was lowering wages..

in 2008 after the crash Jobs became a concern but were often filled by Other nationalities willing to take lower wages and work longer hrs..so it became harder to even get lower paid work when times became tough....

One thing I found when I looked into UK/England population growth statistics was something I wasn't expecting, that the most spoken foreign language in England is not, like many people want us to believe, Arabic (that's in 6th place), it's Polish, with 1% of the population speaking it. Another thing is that, in the UK, most of the foreign-born residents are, as expected, from countries that were part of the British Empire, like India and Pakistan, but what I wasn't expecting was to see Poland on second place after India, with an estimated population of 790,000 people.

Why is nobody talking about a "Polish invasion"?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:49:54 am by astr0144 »

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 05:01:02 am »
What you say or suggest may offer  solutions to such issues..

I am sure that it is possible to be ran in a correct and positive way.. but for some reasons.. it seems as if someone or some organisation with in such a potential system.. has not made it work correctly as yet..to overall satisfy the Countries Govt or peoples needs..

I suspect mainly as there is some corruption or unfairness involved. or  not  good enough effective solutions or management to run it for the best..

it maybe too many countries and people / cultures etc create too many problems its hard to really have the right solution..

One thing most people appear to forget or not know is that all the European organisations that exist today were the result of two wars that destroyed most of Europe, specially WWII.

As as been seen in many other occasions and places, when people are divided they are easily directed against each other, but when they work and live together they see that we are all the same, with the same desires and needs, and that borders are artificial things that keep us apart and make us look different.

Having cooperation between European countries was seen as a way of avoiding wars between them, turning military wars, at worst, into economic wars, but keeping things as peaceful as possible.

Division is never a good thing among people.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:08:21 am by astr0144 »

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 07:00:02 am »
Today is a great day because it is a turning point in history.  Today might be the day when the catalytic event of Brexit began a march to world peace. Why? Because the US dominated/strongly influenced EU began to fall apart.  In it's vacuum, a new alliance may arise:

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160605/1040810928/merkel-eu-russia-cooperation.html

A Eurasian free trade zone from "Lisbon to Vladivostok' - that could shut out US warmongers interference.   This was suggested by Putin six years ago and is one big reason why he has to be demonized in western media and why trouble must be stirred up with China. US elites know this could happen and the military- industrial complex President Eisenhower warned about is defeated.

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 07:51:24 am »
Oh, and has anyone ever thought that if Aliens have approached the US privately at some point in the past, they now could look over our world and say, "Screw these idiots, we're 'picking a new horse in the race".

And that 'new horse' for Disclosure and interface with humans might be...........Russia/China.  Of course, they have to neutralize the US first, to get it out of the way and prevent its interference.  Perhaps that's where we are now. I hope my 401K will survive.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 07:54:25 am »
Oh, and has anyone ever thought that if Aliens have approached the US privately at some point in the past, they now could look over our world and say, "Screw these idiots, we're 'picking a new horse in the race".
No, I never thought of that, and one of the reasons is that that's an US centred point of view. :)

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 09:57:32 am »
It's a US centered point of view because US hegemony rules the globe, as China and Russia are painfully aware.  Disclosure cannot take place as long as the US can react by screaming "Invasion!!!"  or creating an Alien false flag - as they did with false flags in Iraq, Syria and Vietnam- for the purpose of continuing their global dominance.  I suggest reading "Confessions Of An Economic Hitman" - a best seller that the NY Times and others refused to review.  When outright war or assassination doesn't work, there are always "speaking fees" or corporate director payments ( for nothing more than showing up occasionally) to control foreign politicians.

If one were to determine which nations would be culturally most favorable to Disclosure, it would be a near match for the BRICS alliance.  And as for my US- centric outlook, I am not favoring its continuance on the world stage.  Russia is right about seeking a multipolar world. We might be on track for Big Things.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 10:17:05 am »
What I meant was why would Aliens follow an US centred point of view? Why choose just 4% of the world population?

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 12:08:29 pm »
The US was and (temporarily) is the strongest economic and military power on earth.  In addition, we have an immigrant culture together with leading the world on Civil Rights. So far, so good. And (very importantly) the US had the first A-bomb. 

However, this has 'gone south' because of greed and corruption.  There are better alternatives.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 12:45:32 pm »
The US was and (temporarily) is the strongest economic and military power on earth.  In addition, we have an immigrant culture together with leading the world on Civil Rights. So far, so good. And (very importantly) the US had the first A-bomb.
The US is only a small part of the whole world, so I don't see any of those reasons as good for being considered the only party to be contacted by hypothetical Aliens.

But, although I disagree, I understand what you mean. :)

space otter

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 07:22:47 am »

sounds like a bunch of folks want a re-do....wonder if they'll get it

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/britons-split-after-seismic-eu-vote/ar-AAhBY7D?li=BBnb7Kz
AFP
by David WILLIAMS with Deborah COLE in Berlin
2 hrs ago

Britons split after seismic EU vote

More than a million Britons pleaded for a second referendum Saturday as Britain's seismic vote to abandon the EU split the nation after pounding world markets, toppling the prime minister and raising the threat of a breakup of the island nation.
In a sign of the fissures exposed by the June 23 vote, 1.2 million people signed a petition on the official government website by late morning calling for a repeat vote -- more than 12 times the 100,000 signatures required for a proposal to be discussed in the lower house of parliament.

Unprecedented traffic forced the site to be taken out of action at one point, a parliamentary spokesman said.

A parliamentary committee, which can put forward petitions for debate by lawmakers, will consider the proposal Tuesday.

"I am worried, really sick for my children's prospects," said Lindsey Brett, a 57-year-old secretarial worker.

"I was expecting a 'Remain' vote. I did not think we would come out," she said in central London.

Britons, many worried about immigration and financial insecurity, cast aside Prime Minister David Cameron's warnings of isolation and economic disaster and voted 52 percent-48 percent in favour of "Brexit" in Thursday's referendum.

Their decision pounded sterling and global stock markets. Moody's cut Britain's credit rating outlook to "negative", warning of the economic threat to the country.

Cameron announced Friday he would resign by October and let his successor lead the exit negotiations under Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, which sets out a two-year time-frame to leave.

European powers called for Britain to be shown the door quickly as they grappled with the impending loss of one of the world's top economies, the first defection in the bloc's 60-year history.

Brexit negotiations must take place "quickly and swiftly", EU Commissioner Pierre Moscovici told Britain's Radio 4 on Saturday.

- Quick divorce -
"I do not understand why the British government needs until October to decide whether to send the divorce letter to Brussels," Juncker told German broadcaster ARD on Friday evening.

"I would like it immediately," he added.

"It is not an amicable divorce but it was also not an intimate love affair."

Foreign ministers of the six original EU members -- Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg -- gathered in Berlin for the first in a series of emergency meetings over the next week triggered by Britain's decision.

"We join together in saying that this process must begin as soon as possible so we don't end up in an extended limbo period but rather can focus on the future of Europe and the work toward it," said German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier as he entered the meeting at a lakeside villa.

The Franco-German axis at the heart of the bloc, which was born out of a determination to forge lasting peace after two world wars, will propose "concrete solutions" to make the EU more effective, French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault told AFP.

He, too, called on London to move more swiftly.

EU leaders will open a two-day Brussels summit on the crisis on Tuesday.

In an early sign of the Brexit fallout in Brussels, Britain's European commissioner for financial services, Jonathan Hill, said he would stand down.

"I don't believe it is right that I should carry on as the British commissioner as though nothing had happened," he said in a statement.

Britain faced a historic break-up threat, too, as Scotland stood aghast at the prospect of being dragged out of the 28-nation European Union when more than 60 percent of its people voted to stay in.

"A second independence referendum is clearly an option that requires to be on the table," First Minister Nicola Sturgeon declared after an emergency meeting of Scotland's parliament, which agreed to start to draw up legislation that could enable such a vote once a decision is taken.

- Surprise, regret -

Scotland is seeking "immediate discussions" with its EU partners to try to protect its position in the bloc, she said.

Scots backed staying in Britain in their last referendum in 2014.

The EU referendum, the culmination of an often poisonous campaign, revealed divides across British society, including between what The Independent newspaper called "those doing well from globalisation and those 'left behind' and not seeing the benefits in jobs or wages".

Young people, graduates, and big cities tended to favour "Remain". Elder, less educated people and rural populations were more likely to back "Brexit".

Britain's rejection of the EU is being seen as a victory for the anti-establishment rhetoric of the Brexit campaign, a feature of growing populism across Europe.

"Take a bow, Britain!" eurosceptic newspaper the Daily Mail wrote across its front page on Saturday.

"It was the day the quiet people of Britain rose up against an arrogant, out-of-touch political class and a contemptuous Brussels elite," it added.

The British vote will stoke fears of a domino-effect of exit votes in eurosceptic member states that could imperil the integrity of the bloc.

Dutch far-right MP Geert Wilders and French National Front leader Marine Le Pen immediately called for referendums on EU membership in their own countries.

and then  the first domino yells ..me next!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scotland-independence-vote-eu-brexit_us_576e65e2e4b0dbb1bbbaba98?section=

Scotland Presses Ahead With Plans For New Independence Vote
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said that, following Brexit, it was now “clearly an option.”
 06/25/2016 07:13 am ET

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 08:43:59 am »
Britain is broken beyond repair — and the worst is yet to come.

There is no doubt this could become very serious if it leads to further unexpected panic...

what we saw on June 23rd/24th was a much more dramatic effect on the World Markets and Currencies than most would have ever expected..

it was however a gift for those trader speculators who expected it.. as the Market literally sold off just after the Polls ended at 10 pm uk time...  The Markets then close for one hour to 11 pm UK time.. and it topped out at 11.15 pm 23.15 hrs (18.15 hrs EST New York time) and just sold off 860 points on the Dow Jones..for 6 to 7 hrs... they would had made a HUGE profit on that..with very little risk...BUT the Finance markets had increased the value of some of the derivatives or margins to have traded them..

I was amazed how quickly the markets started selling even before 1/4 of the Votes had come out ... then as the results were televised ever time they did an update... and it was showing still in favor of "Leave" the markets sold off again and again..

I thought that there was a good chance the markets would go sidewides or up and down over about 4 hrs ....but it didnt..

There  is already suggestion that Banks maybe under threat and also we have to be careful that they do not bring in restrictions on what anyone can withdraw even as early as this week..especially if the markets go down again between Mid Night Sunday when they open in the USA to before 9 am Monday Morning..

I would advise any one to withdraw enough money to last for at least a month or two just incase..and buy some food stocks...

no one knows what may happen..

My next main cycle comes in Just after the US July 4th Holiday.. so we may see the market recover to then....

if it continues down to then... then it may still be a even worse decline..

Britain has officially voted to tear itself away from the European Union.
Markets are in crisis mode after the revelation that the UK is a broken nation. And the worst is yet to come.
Global stocks are plunging, the pound is getting annihilated, and bank and company CEOs are doing their best not to freak out.
Markets hate uncertainty, and while everywhere from the Bank of England to publicly traded banks had "contingency plans" in case of a British exit from the EU, or Brexit, it seemed that most observers were expecting Brits to choose Remain.
But it is not just the immediate market fallout that Britain has to worry about — it is the future of our sociopolitical landscape. Britain is divided, and the political contagion to follow not only threatens to wreck the European Union as a whole — it could spread across the globe.
First, let's look at how bad the markets will get
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said the central bank was "ready to provide" more than £250 billion, or $344 billion, of "additional capital to its normal operations." Essentially the BOE is ready to prop up the UK's financial system to protect it from the direct impacts of the Brexit.
The central bank wanted to calm the markets. Just look at the pound: At one point it was hitting a 30-year low and was trading worse than on "Black Wednesday." Though it has slightly recovered, it is still down by 8%:

poundvolatility1
Fallout the computer game
At the same time, European stocks are falling off a cliff; it is no wonder the central bank is trying to calm everyone down and say it will be prepared to step in:

euromarketseuref
The forecasts were unanimous: Brexit would wreck the economy, according to the UK Treasury, the International Monetary Fund, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, several independent research houses, and the banks.
S&P, the ratings agency, previously warned that a Brexit would hurt the economy and said a Brexit would threaten Britain's AAA rating. The lower the rating, the more expensive it is for the country to borrow money.
The Leave campaign dismissed those forecasts as being part of what it called "Project Fear," which it said was designed to scare people into sticking with the status quo. Usually that works. British referendums in years gone by pretty much always moved toward the status quo option with just days left until voting day.
But not this time, and this is why the results of this referendum highlight just how fractured Britain is.
Underneath the market chaos, we have a shattered sociopolitical landscape
As well as having a prolonged period of market chaos — most banks say the most seismic shifts will happen within six months — Britain can also look forward to an incredibly divided nation.
The results showed some glaring problems. If, say, 70% of the nation voted one way and 30% voted the other way, it would be a true, solid majority vote.
In this referendum, however, the results were startling — Britain is split right down the middle:
Leave: 51.9% with 17,410,742 votes.
Remain: 48.1% with 16,141,241 votes.
The turnout was 72.2% out of 46,499,537 people who were entitled to take part in the vote. This is a record number for a UK poll.
Perhaps most worryingly is the north-south divide. This is what the BBC has on its referendum results page:
UK map divide
A note out Friday by Peter Oppenheimer and his team at Goldman Sachs said: "The domestic political fallout in the UK is likely to be significant. The strength, composition and leadership of the government are likely to be uncertain, at least initially. Such political uncertainties may further complicate how a definitive referendum outcome is translated into a formal procedure."
UK Prime Minister David Cameron has resigned, and his replacement will be selected in an unusual way.
For the first time, Britain's prime minister will not be chosen by a general election, or by MPs, but by party activists — as the New Statesman reported back in February.
cameronresigns1
Fallout the computer gameThe new prime minister will be chosen by a Conservative Party leadership election. This election will have two parts:
First, Conservative MPs elect two candidates.
After these two candidates have been chosen, a postal ballot will be sent out to all Conservative Party members on a "one member, one vote" basis.
The winner of this vote will be the next prime minister. That means 149,800 Tory activists (according to the latest House of Commons Library data) — about 0.2% of the UK population — will choose the next leader of the UK.
This will surely bring about Scotland's plight for independence in another referendum. The most recent Scottish referendum, in 2014, was a close call — 55% voted against breaking away from the UK while 45% voted for independence.
This week Scotland overwhelmingly voted against a Brexit — 62% voting for Remain compared with 38% who voted for Leave — but the country is being forcibly dragged out of the EU because the UK as a whole voted to leave.
Try telling Scottish voters that the country will be ruled by a party and a prime minister they voted overwhelmingly against. It is no surprise that Scottish National Party leader Nicola Sturgeon said the SNP would "begin to prepare the legislation to allow a new referendum to take place" before the UK leaves the European Union.
And what follows? More uncertainty, more political, economic, and legal upheaval, and therefore more financial devastation.
Britain's main opposition party, Labour, is having another crisis in its leadership. Its leader Jeremy Corbyn, who was elected only last year in a landslide victory, is encountering a coup.
Labour MPs Margaret Hodge and Ann Coffey have submitted a motion of no confidence in Corbyn, in a letter sent to John Cryer, chairman of the Parliamentary Labour Party. It will result in a discussion about Corbyn's leadership at the next PLP meeting on Monday. Fifty-five Labour MPs are expected to call for the left-wing leader to quit in the letter, according to PoliticsHome.
Britain's political makeup is at a breaking point.
The Brexit contagion
The political chaos does not stop with Britain. The contagion the EU faces from the British vote for a Brexit could rip apart the 28-nation bloc.
In May, Greg Case and Jackie Ineke at Morgan Stanley put together an intricate table titled "EU Exit Scorecard: Where Might Exit Pressure Emerge Next?" It was designed to show, in order, the countries most likely to pip for an exit from the EU:
exitscorecard
It was not the first time Morgan Stanley had warned of a "Brexit contagion."
In May, Simon Wells and his team at HSBC also released a report saying that while "a UK vote to leave the EU could dampen European economic activity," the real political threat came from "referendum contagion" spreading further across Europe, handing more power to extreme-right, nationalist, and Eurosceptic parties.
Also this week, HSBC warned again that "Eurosceptic opposition parties may become more vocal about the example set by the UK."
"In the UK referendum, the key arguments for the Leave campaign essentially boil down to questions over migration and sovereignty, which are concerns for much of the EU electorate," added chief European economist Karen Ward and chief global economist Janet Henry from HSBC.
So what's next?
So first of all, expect market turmoil to happen for some time. This is mainly because there is uncertainty over what will happen with the UK's Brexit transition. Oppenheimer and his team at Goldman Sachs said:
"Article 50 of the EU Treaties gives the legal framework for withdrawal. And the EU Treaties provide for a 2-year process of withdrawal once Article 50 is activated. But several uncertainties still apply and these are likely to be exacerbated by political upheaval.
"Article 50 sets no timeframe for when the PM needs to notify the European Council of the planned withdrawal — at which point Article 50 would be activated. This is important because (a) notification determines when the 2-year window on withdrawal starts and (b) parts of the Leave campaign wishing to retain access to the Single Market may want to use this procedural uncertainty to extract further concessions from the rest of Europe.
"In our view, the rest of the EU is unlikely to allow the UK to extract concessions from a further renegotiation by exploiting these uncertainties. The domestic political fallout in the UK is likely to be significant. The strength, composition and leadership of the government are likely to be uncertain, at least initially. Such political uncertainties may further complicate how a definitive referendum outcome is translated into a formal procedure."
The referendum itself was advisory, rather than legally binding. Cameron had indicated before the referendum that he would respond to a Leave decision by beginning the legal process of withdrawal.
But above all, it looks as if Britain will be battling to keep itself together, let alone remove itself from the EU and the wave of political fallout could cause huge ramification across the union, the continent, and later the globe.
After all, look at what just dropped into my inbox while I was writing

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/britain-broken-beyond-repair-worst-125318669.html

sounds like a bunch of folks want a re-do....wonder if they'll get it

Britons split after seismic EU vote

More than a million Britons pleaded for a second referendum Saturday as Britain's seismic vote to abandon the EU split the nation after pounding world markets, toppling the prime minister and raising the threat of a breakup of the island nation.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:58:10 am by astr0144 »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 09:11:09 am »
From what I understand of the situation, it's even possible that, as Cameron was the one saying that he would follow the referendum's decision, his replacement changes things and, seeing that the referendum is not binding, says that that was a Cameron's decision, not a party decision, and ignores the referendum's results, which will create a different instability.

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 03:03:56 pm »
HOORAY FOR GREAT BRITAIN!! When doing business collectively/EU becomes more about the controlling and the money than about the people who are doing the business, business for the sake of business flounders. Many understood that Brit being in the EU was not a good thing for Brit anyway, and enough of those with understanding voted to make it happen! Good for them!!

It will take a little time for all of the kinks to be worked out, but Britain was doing fine before the EU, and they certainly will be doing even better after the EU exit!

The United States of America could very possibly find itself in the same situation with the United Nations one of these days, and similarly choose to leave it!! :)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter