collapse

Author Topic: Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose hi  (Read 2094 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
So I found Issac Koi over at facebook and friended him only to find out he may be leaving UFOlogy and certainly ATS

I has invited him to stop by here and asked if we could host a copy of his database that he is currently tying up loose ends and finishing before he leaves

THIS was posted on his facebock page

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity.

more
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:08 AM

Isaac Koi is leaving UFOlogy because Ted Roe demands he expose his identity and no longer be anonymous. Who the hell does this guy think he is?
I don't think so Ted. If Isaac does not wish to reveal his identity he doesn't. period.

Issac has contributed to the field and is it's premiere archivist.
Koi is an absolute treasure to the community, especially here on ATS.

Isaac released this today:

Goodbye: I seem to have greatly annoyed Ted Roe about a month ago when I posted a brief comment on Facebook about his new IAUPR group. Without wanting to bother you all with the details, he has subsequently posted on various Facebook pages attacking my use of a pseudonym (referring to me as a "fictional entity","it" and posting "Who the f***k is Isaac Koi and why won't he comply w the standards we do"). The relevant Facebook pages include his own page and the one at the link below (among others):
www.facebook.com...
In the context of these posts on various Facebook pages, Ted Roe posted about "my guys" being at the CNES event I attended in Paris a couple of years ago (where I had the pleasure of meeting with Jacques Vallee, Richard Haines and various others - including quite a few members of the EuroUFO email List) and there being _"pics"_. Since the relevant meeting was held on the basis that everyone was entitled to preserve their anonymity if they wished, I had expected that any photos that include me would not be made public - but it looks like I may have been too trusting.
Even more worryingly to me, given my concern not to have clients know about my interest in ufology in case this adversely affects my income, he has now posted today - after various people were kind enough to support me in the relevant discussion on Facebook (including Edoardo Russo, Curt Collins, Rich Hoffman, Paul Dean and others) - called those supporting me "little butt sucking followers" and said "just watch how I make these malcontents famous anytime someone searches their name".
It appears to be implied - although not entirely clear - that Ted intends to cause my interest in ufology to appear in search results anytime someone searches my (real) name. Given that Ted knows people that have met me (with Ted repeatedly referring to Jacques Vallee in the relevant posts), he could be in a position to do this.
I'm not willing to take this risk.
I've been prepared to share resources freely with the UFO community for over a decade without asking anything in return, simply seeking to be allowed to participate using a pseudonym to avoid risking any potential damage to my career. The above issues suggest that I cannot do this.
This means that I now probably have to cease active participation in ufology - with effect from today. I am, frankly, rather upset about this.
It's been (mostly) fun, but any potential harm to my career is more important to me.
My wife would kill me if my association with ufology damaged my career. She already had a rather jaundiced view of my bothering to spend time on these issues.
Given Ted Roe's connections, I simply don't see any alternative.
All the best

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1149968/pg1

From Facebook:

Isaac Koi
March 6 at 8:43pm ยท

This evening, I've received permission to make Larry Hatch's huge UFO database ("the *U* Database") freely available online. I've been after this permission for about 7 years. :)

I'll include the database in various formats within the rather large

I first tried getting permission to upload this database before I started the thread below about Larry's database in 2010:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread585935/pg1

Fox Sculder Great work, will miss your postings on ats
March 8 at 7:11am

James Oberg I will miss what you do, and I will miss the feeling of knowing you were out there DOING such stuff. You're not the first to have to vacate [Alan Hendry comes to mind], it seems to go with the territory.
March 8 at 12:14pm

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
Never heard of him; now my interest is peaked.
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
What an outrage!

I have no idea who Ted Roe is, but I wouldn't mind him getting hit by a car.

Isaac Koi has one of the most comprehensive ufology archives in public existence, it would be a great loss to loose his services.
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

Offline karl 12

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 220

I have no idea who Ted Roe is

Ted Roe is the co-founder of NARCAP who, to be fair, has authored some pretty good papers on the UFO/UAP subject.

Aviation Safety in America:
Under-Reporting Bias of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena and Recommended Solutions

I do agree with you though that his actions in threatening to expose Isaac's identity are 'outrageous'.

Isaac Koi has one of the most comprehensive ufology archives in public existence, it would be a great loss to loose his services.

Couldn't agree more with you there either Sinny - Isaac's contributed a humongous amount to serious UFO research and conducted some truly remarkable work on the subject (especially aspects like government UFO documentation) - he also facilitated a wealth of archived recordings, books, journals, newsletters and publications to come into the public domain that probably would not have seen the light of day otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:57:45 am by karl 12 »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]