collapse

Author Topic: Is Your Phone Being Tapped?  (Read 31274 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Is Your Phone Being Tapped?
« on: October 11, 2011, 01:20:50 pm »
Is Your Phone Being Tapped?

Well I am sure many people that are conspiracy minded are positive that their being watched and monitored.

First step... What are you doing that make YOU think you are worth the time and expense to do that?

If you are still sure you have a reason to be concerned... read on :P

The following info is gathered from many sources. Have not checked if all these things work. Also bear in mind that in the old days they had to park a van down the street and physically hook up to your phone line, so the van would be parked near the phone box on the street (They were surface on many street corners, many still are today in sub divisions... easy to spot  big gray box)

Also your phone box is on the OUTSIDE of your house, in most cases, so the tech can service your line from outside

Here is one of the street cross connection boxes

As you can see anyone dressed like a phone service tech can simply open the box, attach a hand held clip on phone, and listen to any conversation. The only thing you would hear is one click when it is switched on. I used one for years checking for clean lines for security systems

So as you can see ANYONE can get at your phone line. Look on your street, you will find such a box more than likely on the corner

Now on your house... many older homes still have the old two line blocks

And in many rural areas you will see this..

And I have tried finding a line at old commercial sites in old warehouse areas that look like this...

Newer ones look like this...

These are OUTSIDE your house. You can put a padlock on them in the hole provided :P  But any crook could sneak up at night and easily disconnect your phone (or cut it) and your expensive alarm system would no longer call out for help

:o 8)

Okay so now we all know how 'secure' our phone lines really are...

continued..

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Is Your Phone Being Tapped?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 01:39:29 pm »
Okay so can you tell if your being tapped?

Well in the old days it was easy... there were clicks and hums because other equipment was drawing the power on your line. Regular Police still use these older methods... but they are still under strict guidelines and need court orders to get a tap.

Here is one solution you will need to try...

Originally posted by dynamitedice

First Method
Call 202-543-9994
Listen for a steady monotone signal with no interrupts.  That means you are not being tapped.  If you hear any interruptions in the signal tone, then you are being listened to.

Second Method:
Call 101028817709889664
They will first repeat the phone number you are calling from and then repeat a bunch of zeros.    The number at the end of the zero’s is what is important.   If it is a 1 – you have never been tapped and are not presently tapped.
If it is a 2 it means you have been tapped in the past but no longer are tapped.
If it is a 3 it means you ARE being tapped presently and you need to be careful what you say over the phone.

Also, you could try an address phone tap prevention.

You will eliminate your chances of having your privacy invaded via phone tapping , with the use of a phone tap detector. This is small electronic device that you can easily connect to your LAN line . The device will alert you by red or green light indication whether or not someone else is listening in on your phone call . You can purchase a phone tap detector online for around $10-$30 on Ebay.com or Overstock.com (See resources section below for more)

Hope this helped! This is just information I got off of other websites, so hopefully it works. Good luck! :D

Now here is an answer by Bedlam at ATS. Bedlam is a spook :P John says he is "one of the good guys" so I will take that as gospel :D

Originally posted by Bedlam
If it's the Feds, you won't know, and the "magic tapping numbers" aren't going to tell you anything either.

Local cops often use direct taps, which you can spot with an impedance detector.

But the Feds can just order the phone company to copy the phone traffic at the switch. When you call out, or someone calls in, the switch will ring a phone at the FBI office and your conversation will be available to the agent. No clicks, no pops, no breathing on the line, no impedance tell-tales, nothing. You just won't know. It's part of CALEA, and one of the the relevant standard documents for it is J-STD-025B. They can also get the cell network to do the same thing with cell phone calls.

BTW, why do you think those "tapping detection" numbers are actually anything of the sort, other than people have echoed it all over the net? I could put a number on that just beeped at you like that and say it meant anything. If you don't know who it is and how it works, and it sounds fishy to me, I wouldn't trust it at all.

Two other posts worth mentioning as relevant...

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
How can you tell if your phone is tapped?  Easy.

Do you have a phone?  It's tapped.

Seriously.  Your phone service, regardless of their security promises, works hand-in-hand with the Federal Communications Commission (the FCC).  The FCC, in turn, works hand-in-hand with Homeland Security.

You can just take it for granted that somebody is eavesdropping on your conversations, whether on landline or cellphone.

In the same way they monitor the Internet for written occurrences of "bomb" and "jihad" and "Obama sucks," the Federal Government monitors telephone and 2-way radio traffic, as well — listening for utterances of "bomb" and "jihad" and "Obama sucks"... Of course, the Feds will indignantly deny it, but if you press them they do admit that they have the advanced capability to eavesdrop on a billion individual channels or more.  The "leash" restraining them, they say, is THE LAW.

Hyuck hyuck, yeah RIGHT. :o  That's a good one.

So, you can just take it for granted that your phone is tapped.

—Doc Velocity

Originally posted by Truth1000
My answer is this:

Who is doing the tapping?

If the answer is some of the people I used to work with, the answer is that you simply WILL NOT KNOW!  The tapping does NOT have to occur within your telephone, or even in the telephone line running to your house.  There will be NO EVIDENCE that your line is tapped, and only they could do the type of checking to find out that your phone is tapped.

That is life in the 21st Century, people!

(Actually, that was even life late in the 20th Century)

Well that pretty much covers it for regular phones... stay tuned for the BAD NEWS

ECHELON and MUOS Monitoring Stations; Website monitoring; NSA Super Computers and

YOUR CELL PHONE IS A SPY

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:58:49 pm »
NSA Wiretapping

NSA Wiretapping Cartoon Walt Handelsman

[youtube]3knYQaK1yDc[/youtube]

Now other than the obvious 'terrorist' prevention and real law enforcement..WHY would all these intel agencies need to collect so much mundane data on us all? I mean we KNOW facebook is a CIA/NSA info gathering operation, right? Well you see what get posted there  utter drivel in most cases.

So of what use is all that data?

AI  Artificial Intelligence

In order for a super computer to be a true AI, it needs INPUT on EVERYTHING from the high tech stuff... to the gossip of teens on a social network site.

THAT is why they do it

They feed all that data into supper computers like this one below. (This one is already obsolete, that is why they can show it to us) Despite the cartoon, all searches are done by key words, key phrases and PROFILING

I can say BOMB... I can say Bush needs to be arrested and sent to Gitmo... that alone is not enough to trigger the knock on the door. Now if I was having this conversation with a friend in Iran...well NOW it would be of interest to someone.

LOL funny thing is I met a chap in Iran via an online game. Turns out he is Ex Iranian Intel and now part of the Green Movement to get rid of the tyrants in Iran... and he wants to move to Canada and marry a girl... Long story that... apparently they can't just ask her... need a middle man to contact her family first  :o

I digress... but the point is they use all the data to create profiles... then flag people from that

Super Computer - Worlds fastest watercooled computer

[youtube]BH8X8w8a4f4[/youtube]

The N.S.A needs the fastest computers in the world for code breaking, ect, These super computers are nicknamed "THE THINKING MACHINE" (for good reason)

ya know  when you read the YT comments, you have to wonder about the fact that no one really cares :P

New NSA Facility
Fort Gordon, Georgia

New Secret facility for the NSA super computers (well it was when we first found the info :P)

New NSA Facility Fort Gordon, Georgia

Eyeballing theNSA/CSS Georgia - Cryptome

NSA - National Security Agency - Official Site

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 02:17:02 pm »
Your CELL PHONE is a SPY

Yes it is true  and this will scare the crap out of you and may save you money when you throw them away :P

Okay first there is a risk of brain damage from prolonged use next to your head (It IS microwaves after all), but lets forget about that for now...

And yeah the government ECHELON and particularly the MUOS listening posts around the world can easily monitor them (they ARE afterall unsecure simple radio transmission.. most people forget about that..digital, not analog to be sure, but still UNSECURED TRANSMISSIONS)

But lets forget about the FEDS for now... they are pussycats and if your not a mad bomber. let them listen. Pretty boring job listening to all that gossip all day and night waiting for someone to say "Bomb the White House" or something like that  (waves at the CIA guy... :P )

Here is the real problem...

So... you want to listen in and spy on what your teens are planning? NO PROBLEM... just download a simple application from the internet

Now sit back and watch this TERRIFYING film...  and I STRONGLY suggest you read the article

Tap A Cell Phone Video

Tap BLACKBERRY Cell Phones with Spyere
Tap ANDROID Cell Phones with MobiStealth

Why Tap a Cell Phone" Reason #3 (Employee Monitoring)
Why Tap a Cell Phone" Reason #2 (Monitor Teen CellUse)
Why Tap a Cell Phone" Reason #1 (Catching a Cheating Spouse)

Here is a good video showing how spy phone software can be used to tap a cell phone. While watching this video, keep in mind that all the features demonstrated in this video are available for most of the popular smart phones sold today.  The list includes Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Symbian, & Windows Mobile.  If you've ever wanted to see how to tap a cell phone, you'll get to see spy phone software in action.  You'll also see a variety of spy phone companies in this video, but only MobiStealth or Spyera offer spy software that enables you to tap a cell phone.

The other products shown (bluetooth spy software) not only don't enable you to tap a cell phone, but they don't work. Enjoy the video.

BlackBerry Spyware

[youtube]3vnAg0EvWIw[/youtube]

Tap A Cell Phone Video

Telephone Tapping - Wikipedia

Lots of info there at Wiki about the legality and methods

So ready to toss away that cell phone?

::)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 02:27:02 pm »
Webtapping

Logging the IP addresses of users that access certain websites is commonly called "Webtapping".

Webtapping is used to monitor websites that presumably contain dangerous or sensitive materials, and the people that access them. Though it is allowed by the USA PATRIOT Act, it is considered by many a questionable practice, if not an all-out violation of civil liberties.

They really got us good with that Patriot Act...

We WILLINGLY gave up our rights to privacy and freedom, because someone told us we need to be afraid of terrorists...

Since WHEN did Americans become afraid? The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, a valid military target, and we NUKED two cities in return

Some supposed pansie Arabs supposedly stole a couple of planes and supposedly took out a building in New York... and what do we do?

We treat our citizens like criminals with TSA groping children and your private parts, the Patriot Act which allows the cops into your car and house without worry about the constitution, and we STILL blitz those Arab nations back into the stone age... Oh yeah but its not "war"  We are not at war with Iraq... we are fighting for THEIR freedom... that is why its called "Operation Iraqi Freedom" in case you forgot...

so we can clean out these terrorist...

Anyway.... that is why they can tap your phone, search your body, car and home, record your cell phones and watch your online activity..

And there is NOTHING you can or will do about it...

This man is probably turning over in his grave

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety

This was written by Franklin, with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin 
Source

When did America forget the wisdom of the Founders?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:31:04 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 02:42:06 pm »
Solutions?

1) Hire a professional Investigation Team to check if your being bugged. If you are seriously concerned, it is not that expensive for a one time sweep.

2) NEVER give out password, email contacts, and any other info on the web or the phone to just anyone who asks. Teens and kids will answer a phone and just answer questions honestly... not realizing what they are doing. Facebook askes you for your email password to 'check for your friends' They PROMISE they don't keep it... RIGHT  give them my PASSWORD? You have got to be kidding me? Sure you say NO F'in WAY, but you would be surprised how many people just do it without thinking. Once done, it cannot be undone.

3) Want a free way? Well just plan some bombing caper and tell a friend... you will soon find out :P

errr  KIDDING  :P NOT A GOOD IDEA

4) Don't worry about it and carry on as usual... just THINK about what you are saying and who may be listening. A Senator once had an idea for a radio show. (he made his money in radio) He excitedly talked it over with potential partners in a restaurant. Two weeks later he heard his show on a station... Seems someone in the booth next to him over heard and took notes

As one of my contacts once put it..

"I'll help you hold the dogs at bay, like the nice visitors that talk with a monotone, have no humor, and use black as the preferred aesthetic appeal in apparel. That should be easy enough with honesty and truth. No one else uses that tactic. It'll really throw them off."

I have been visited already, fellow spent three days chatting with John and me... drove a yellow van  :o but had the appropriate DoD/AF Intel/DIA parking decals in the window...

I asked about that with another insider...  his reply...

"Your note is full of so many things that we could chat about...literally for hours.  What really caught my interest was the story about the 'visitor' y'all had.  I used to do similar things...get in the car...drive over half of God's Creation to 'visit' with people, scientists and some folks with special skills.<snip> 

Remember...for someone to be able to do that (travel, etc.)...that takes a 'budget', schedules, etc.  And in order for someone to do something like that (like I used to do right after 9/11 thru early -03)...someone who has a discretionary budget generally finances those kind of 'intel' projects.  Does the term 'reconoiter' mean anything to you? (LOL)!  Just be careful..  They probably don't consider you guys to be a threat, or they'd have already 'bored you to death with conversation' (ROTFL!).  A futher consideration is the 'spoon-feed-effect'.  No need to extrapolate on that issue/prospect."

So I wouldn't worry too much about the Feds :) I would be more concerned about your fellow citizens who don't have your best interests at heart  8)

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »
I am changing from Optus to Telstra because of too much static on line with Optus wifi modem.

A Telstra tech is coming out next Tuesday to connect me up......I think I am way too tired to be paranoid, but I will get very ansty if I am dragged into a car by the pleasing apparel men and driven to an installation with no cable or my other need to haves.

Having said that I do believe they can bite me.  I mean what's the ratio of FBI, CIA, and all the rest having sociopaths in their midst.  I should be in the right company actually, I would know them inside and out.  :(
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 04:46:17 pm »
My phone landline has been comprimised since 1998. I had number changes and the service shut off for a time. I have had the phone company out several times to check my line and they tell me nothings wrong. I also have changed phones from a wired to numerous wireless phones and the issue remains.

I will be talking and hear a click or tones or the other party will no longer hear me or I will no longer hear the other party. When I am talking some deep information on the phone, the line will just go dead. In a call I was on earlier this year, it went dead 5 times on call backs. Someone did not want me and the caller speaking about our information.

Someone is on my calls every time my line is active. Also my internet is comprimised as well.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 04:51:37 pm »
I just tried the Call 101028817709889664

method but first star 67 the call to block my number. The recording came back with my number and the zero code ended in a 1. Blocking my number failed to the system.
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 09:56:44 am »
I've been meaning to post in this thread, and tonight I had a recall of how my phone when I was in my early teens (I think?) or there abouts was tapped by ASIO due to one of dads friends gaining some kind of license to become a small time arm's dealer.   Oddly enough this guy was dealing with China and could speak fluent Mandarin....

I do remember witnessing a practice grenade at a party on the farm where I grew up being used during some party with a few people which was quite cool as a kid seeing.   

Both Dad and this guy used an Uzi on the farm but that was top secret "Mates" biz which we only found out about at an later date.  This was the 80's and Uzi's were the "movie gun" which all kids thought killed the bad guy's.  As anyone knows if they are from Oz or keep up with Oz gun laws... An Uzi would have you in hot water then, and in Hot Lard Now   LOL

I personally believe everything can be monitored when it comes to electronic communication. 

Another odd tale I encountered not so long ago:

I like searching online for doc's from the DSTO/CSIRO etc.  One night I came upon a very intruiging Linguistics paper written by DSTO.  The odd part was not what is in the paper but who I sent it to.  The paper is odd no doubt as what is descibed has to be used for other purposes than mentioned.

What was really odd is that I emailed the DSTO doc to George Ure thinking it may help the webbot.  Now for start I don't believe the webbot is anything to listen to, but I like reading George's blog a few times a week as it makes for a bit of saner reading in summarising the world, and I find the idea novel.

Weird thing is that later on someone urged me to listen to this interview of the webbot dudes and they were saying that Oz and NZ sites were blocked and their bot's couldn't do their work here.  When i heard that I went back to the post i made on small forum where I posted the email I sent to George and it weirdly almost coincidered with their timing they mentioned on the radio interview. 

The doc is here:

Title:  The Use of Systemic-Functional Linguistics in Automated Text Mining

Abstract:  Systemic-functional linguistics is a linguistic framework for the analysis of grammatical and semantic information in text, with a potential role in automated text mining. This report outlines essential features of the theory, its application in computational work, and the rationale for use in automated text mining, and develops a grammatical annotation scheme– word functions– to enrich a mixed text corpus of newspaper articles and e-mails, for machine learning of semantically-oriented grammatical patterns. Testing demonstrates high accuracy in predicting word functions in unseen text in co-training with other grammatical information, providing the basis for further grammatical and semantic text processing. 

Code: [Select]
http://dspace.dsto.defence.gov.au/dspace/handle/1947/9900

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 09:32:41 pm »
When they switched the Phone system here over to Digital Switching Networks, they installed dedicated real-time taps that can Multiplex any line and route it to ASIO's listening Station.

Funny that you used a Telstra picture Zorgs!  ;D
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 10:00:14 am »
I wont ask any question's Starwarper  ;D   :P

Interesting you mention that about Telstra LOL

A person I've known on a forum for a long long time, the sorta person one trust's and call's up from time to time... once spilled some beans from his days which he his now ashamed of working as an Electrical Engineer for Telecom.   (this guy gave me a blast once for working for company's that do evil...  ;D )

He had to design a Naval Network somewhere on the east coast in the NSW region.  He was given clearance and proceeded to work Four level's underground whilst designing the system next to the coast.   He said it had (off the top of my Head, yeah not a good memory bank as this is a couple of years ago) that it was designed to have three switches.  One for normal web, and the others for internal. 

When I was doubting Gary's Story and I asked him about it he said "It's very possible as there are some real Drongo's working in these sorta places".

Well this same guy is a defender of the free web and he also said that everything you could be watched and most likely is.  He said "Everything switches back to a Higher Node" 

Phew now gotta read that seismic thread...  :o   ;D

Offline Dood

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 11:04:10 am »
I just tried that Second Method with the 101 number.

It says that service does not work with my line.

We have a internet phone line now so I assume that number is for a true hard line...

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 10:50:01 am »
Phew needed a break from attempting to edit a video  :-\

Putting some thought into this again as it does intrigue me on so many levels.  I'll refrain from rash judgement's in regards to where I first initially emailed this doc to (a first LOL)

There's a few clues in this !

Title:  The Use of Systemic-Functional Linguistics in Automated Text Mining

Code: [Select]
http://dspace.dsto.defence.gov.au/dspace/handle/1947/9900
Abstract:  Systemic-functional linguistics is a linguistic framework for the analysis of grammatical and semantic information in text, with a potential role in automated text mining. This report outlines essential features of the theory, its application in computational work, and the rationale for use in automated text mining, and develops a grammatical annotation scheme– word functions– to enrich a mixed text corpus of newspaper articles and e-mails, for machine learning of semantically-oriented grammatical patterns. Testing demonstrates high accuracy in predicting word functions in unseen text in co-training with other grammatical information, providing the basis for further grammatical and semantic text processing.

Unseen ?   :o

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:52:26 am by Somamech »

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
  • open minded student of truth.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 10:31:27 am »
I have an APP on my iphone that lets me put any mobile number in and it puts up a map and tells me exactly where that phone is. i got it just for fun and to show people the hard facts about how easy it is to track say your spouse if you suspect there up to no good etc. and the so called "key words" are a given that they will turn a red light on at any of the echelon stations such as RAF menworth hill UK harrogate north yorkshire.
Nikola Tesla humanitarian / Genius.
never forget this great man who gave so much
& asked for nothing but to let electricity be free for all.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter