collapse

Author Topic: Help for technical issues on your PC  (Read 114290 times)

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
Re: Help for technical issues on your PC
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2013, 03:32:59 pm »
I NEVER install drivers.
If Windoze can't find it first, then i use option 1; let windows find it on the net, and 2; Only if that fails, instrall the driver (must be a .inf to be able to auto-load from CD, otherwise, try the .exe)

I run OEM drivers as much as I can. Does Microsoft know the abilities of your video card or your printer etc? For example if you have an NVIDIA video card and are running windows drivers you lose a lot of additional features of your card and it will not perform as it should. I challenge anyone here to prove me wrong on this. If you don't believe me go ahead and try and install a retail copy of windows on a Dell machine and see how well that works.

Offline kdog

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 43
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2013, 03:46:17 pm »
 ;D

You didn't go beyond knowledge I didn't know after I surpassed that before you pooped so I can probably help if that did.

Ah,the things I do with drink in hand.

I have mostly resolved my problems,still a little cleaning up to do.

I have discovered a much better avenue in which to get movies.
Anyone ever dealt with warez?So far,so good.

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2013, 04:01:06 pm »
;D

Ah,the things I do with drink in hand.

I have mostly resolved my problems,still a little cleaning up to do.

I have discovered a much better avenue in which to get movies.
Yes to all four.  8)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2013, 04:56:08 pm »
Frequently, since 1996. :)

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
  • open minded student of truth.
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2013, 09:04:18 am »
HELP PLEASE
I'm having trouble embedding vids. what settings do i need to check? what could be the course?Take youtube for instance,I thought all you had to do was post from the =15245343re (an example made up) and it would appear as a stand alone screen.
I can only post the hyperlink.gutted really.seems to have only started since i had to reinstall all my drivers and reset everything.

OH and what's up with the new youtube >:( I hate it. linking everything together wanting all my details.They can sod off.give them my phone number,don't think so.
Nikola Tesla humanitarian / Genius.
never forget this great man who gave so much
& asked for nothing but to let electricity be free for all.

sky otter

« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2013, 09:10:04 am »
with this  site i have found  that the address on the top of the you tube  page works if you set it between
the youtube quotes
hope this helps as i am mostly lost on the tech stuff

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:11:44 am by sky otter »

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2013, 11:35:55 am »
Thanks sky otter :) I shall try that. I still hate the "new look" youtube though.
Just get used to something and they change it >:(
Also noticed how Alpha Tango Spooks have changed their format and i don't like that either.
If anything after looking at there site then popping back here it's clear THIS is the better looking site in my opinion.The colours and text just look so much clearer here.

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2013, 11:41:37 am »
My 2 cents of caution

Never click on a button to clean the PC from any pop up alerting you the PC you are using is infested or an offer for a free scan. Its a trap, you clicky, you pay big time cause they infect you and extortion follows.

Another trick they toss at you. If you go to warez sites and a pop up sez your adobe player needs update, DON'T CLICK IT TO UPDATE. The Pirate Bay loves this one on there site.

Adobe does up dates by there software system on your machine that checks if a new version is out for up date and even than, go to the adobe website and do the up date for safety reason. Also, some may not be aware adobe has a page where you can configure your flash player to not allow the mic or video camera to be turned on by nefarious coders and there spooky flash ads.

This also allows you to set no flash cookies are to be saved and other security risk. Look at the following adobe link carefully to see how your flash is set security wise. Change it if need be right there in that flash panel window settings and be sure to observe the tabs at the top of the security panel.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #233 on: June 07, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »
HELP PLEASE
I'm having trouble embedding vids. what settings do i need to check? what could be the course?Take youtube for instance,I thought all you had to do was post from the =15245343re (an example made up) and it would appear as a stand alone screen.
I can only post the hyperlink.gutted really.seems to have only started since i had to reinstall all my drivers and reset everything.

OH and what's up with the new youtube >:( I hate it. linking everything together wanting all my details.They can sod off.give them my phone number,don't think so.

I find that sometimes the viewer clicks to a video from another video but that URL above, to that video one just clicked to, has extra stuff attached in the URL and will not work when one tries to insert that utube video between planet pegasus utube video insert brackets function.

I then simply copy paste the video title in the utube search field and get the clean URL to the video. You also have to check that video is not set for NO-EMBEDING. It will not play if the channel is set for no embeding.

Utube has a "SHARE", embed and email button below the video to get the URL for inserting into forums. Be carefull, this URL code may not work in the insertion option since it is a shortened URL and maybe not be recognized by the forums software as a legitimate URL.

- this video URL will work in the forums video insert function. In this video URL link, you cannot have anything after that ?v=Ur2hh0baun0

- this will not work even though this URL link is to the same video above only taken from the share option off the utube video. you will be presented by this forums alert invalid youtube link.

Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

sky otter

« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2013, 12:23:51 pm »

Gigas
from your link to adobe
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html

go down to this little box and go thru the whole thing to set it the way you want..
do it everytime you update

i have mine set to never update and i go check for a new version every so often and then reset
all of these boxes...so that no one is storing stuff on my computer
i like the games now and then and it does limit what you can play by not allowing those buggers to use you for storage..

Flash Player HelpSettings Manager
Global Privacy Settings panel
Global Storage Settings panel
Global Security Settings panel
Global Notifications Settings panel
Website Privacy Settings panel
Website Storage Settings panel
Protected Content Playback Settings panel
Peer-Assisted Networking Panel

i also have my history set to delete cookies on exit ...
> tools
>  internet options
    click the box to ..delete browsing history on exit

Offline stealthyaroura

• searcher of truth
  • The Roundtable
  • Gold 63
« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2013, 12:27:33 pm »
Thanks for the Adobe link and GODDAMMIT there was a list of site's that seemed to have access to my webcam/mic! lucky for me I have a sticker over the camera (call me paranoid but I don't like the thing)

Yes I know some of the tricks they use Gigas,But it's always handy to have extra information thanks.
I reckon with a little practice I shall gain back the ability to post the screen instead of just the link.
And maybe some settings changed,It was fine and it does seem sporadic in nature as i have posted a few youtube video's recently and they worked fine.And the one's i cant get to work are not embed blocked.strange.

YES have done all that thanks SKY OTTER.

Offline andolin

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 29
  • "As above, So below".....Hermes
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2013, 09:54:07 am »
I always have my mic..unplugged and the window over the webcam.....Just paranoid by nature.

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2013, 07:48:25 am »
Just ran into this short article...those of you having re-installing operating system issues may want to take note...

Install any version of Windows using any Windows disc you can find

Reader Chris needs to reinstall Windows 7 Home Basic on his laptop. Just one problem: he lost his recovery discs.

A more common problem is when you need to reinstall Windows and you never had recovery discs to begin with. Few manufacturers provide them anymore, and many new PCs don't have optical drives even if they did.

Thankfully, there's a way around this. All you need is a Windows ISO file (basically the entire Windows operating system in a single container) and the free Ei.cfg Removal Utility. The latter deletes a key file inside the former, thus allowing you to install any version of Windows.

Let me explain that a bit further. Windows 7 and 8 installation discs are version-specific; they're designed to match up with your product key. That's why you can't use, say, a Windows 7 Home Premium product key to install Windows 7 Professional, even if you have a disc for the latter.

Likewise, even if Chris somehow laid hands on a Windows 7 Home Premium disc, his Home Basic license key wouldn't work. That's where Ei.cfg Removal Utility comes in: It effectively creates a "universal" Windows ISO, one that will install whatever version matches your product key.

From a high-level perspective, the process would work like this: Borrow a friend's install DVD, copy the ISO file from it to your hard drive, then run Ei.cfg. When it's done doing its thing, use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to put that tweaked ISO on a flash drive.

Now, just boot from that flash drive and choose the version of Windows you want to install. Enter your license key and you're good to go. (Don't bother trying to sneak an upgrade; remember, your key will work only with the version of Windows that came with your PC. In Chris' case, that's Windows 7 Home Basic.)

Can't find an install disc or don't have an optical drive? There are "official" Windows 7 SP1 ISO downloads available from the Windows 7 Forums.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2044281/install-any-version-of-windows-using-any-windows-disc-you-can-find.html

Link to Ei.cfg:
http://code.kliu.org/misc/winisoutils/

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #238 on: July 14, 2013, 10:02:53 am »
I may be wrong, but I think installing disks have all versions of Windows (since Windows Vista), it's the key that activates or deactivates the features for each version.

That's why there's a "Get more features with a new edition of Windows" (or something like that, that's the translation of what I see on my version, in Portuguese). If you choose that option you can enter a key and change to that version/edition.

deuem

« Reply #239 on: November 17, 2013, 12:28:15 am »
I need a real program that will lock in on downloads. The net I am on now fluxuates as much as 95%. Yea, nice main line. So any suggestions that are free to use with out paying for it later or in spam..... deuem

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter