collapse

Author Topic: Help for technical issues on your PC  (Read 114382 times)

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
  • "Why are we all here? Because we ain't all there!"
    • Inception Radio Live-Chat
Re: Help for technical issues on your PC
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2013, 07:18:58 am »
That's why I am starting just with the safe mode option. :)

I also know that it's easy to deactivate something that is needed, I did that once with the mouse driver and once with the keyboard driver, using Autoruns. ;D

I have to agree ArMap, I think this is what hs happened to me as well. I have no idea how to allocate the program files, did you have any luck getting this fixed? I mean, I don't or can't even pull up properties for either Mouse or Explorer through Control Panel, it just isn't there any more..... ???

1WW
"To know men is too have knowledge, to know self is to have insight."

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2013, 07:19:39 am »
Thanks Ellirium, will try that command in "Safe Mode" and see if it works (Is this through the 'RUN' option Ellirium or command prompt?), one thing is for sure, money is not available for me as of right now, Damn insurance companies!! 

1WW

This is actually during the boot sequence. From cold boot right after the BIOS screen is done loading and it is switching from the BIOS screen to where windows begins to load you must be quick and just keep hitting F8 before the start screen comes up to access another menu where you can enter safe mode. If you miss it windows will boot and you must redo the procedure until you get it up. There is only a window of a few seconds.

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2013, 07:20:52 am »
Just make a bootable USB drive with Linux Mint on it.  Get rid of Windows and you can stop worrying about the virus and actually use your PC.  I don't even have a virus checker installed on my system.  I only need to scan files I post on here to protect you guys. :)

What is the size of this DL and where is it located via the web? I don't know what Linux exactly is, and I do have good OTC software for Virus and the lot, but am unfamiliar with Linux other than discussions here with you guy's.

1WW

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2013, 07:23:56 am »
This is actually during the boot sequence. From cold boot right after the BIOS screen is done loading and it is switching from the BIOS screen to where windows begins to load you must be quick and just keep hitting F8 before the start screen comes up to access another menu where you can enter safe mode. If you miss it windows will boot and you must redo the procedure until you get it up. There is only a window of a few seconds.

"Gotcha!!" ;) I will try anything and everything to get this issue resolved, may take me a few different times and methods, but I know it has to be fixable and rectifiable without a visit to the PC Doctors, for my PC was running great until that fateful day!!!! LOL >:(

Another thing I would like to add to this dilemma is, I can't even remove or discard PM's from PRC website area? I have no idea what is causing this either, but it was the same time this all started to happen to my PC. "Any ideas on this people?"

1WW
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:30:41 am by 1Worldwatcher »

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2013, 07:31:07 am »
What is the size of this DL and where is it located via the web? I don't know what Linux exactly is, and I do have good OTC software for Virus and the lot, but am unfamiliar with Linux other than discussions here with you guy's.

1WW
It is a free operating system that basically does what Windows does, but is much more stable.  It is a version of Linux that is designed so that people used to Windows will be comfortable with it as it behaves and looks like Windows.  It runs normally without much input from the user (old Linux versions rarely did).

It is no use to you though unless you can burn a CD or USB Pen Drive or something,.

The purpose of Linux Mint is to produce a modern, elegant and comfortable operating system which is both powerful and easy to use.

Started in 2006, Linux Mint is now the 4th most widely used home operating system behind Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS and Canonical's Ubuntu.

Some of the reasons for the success of Linux Mint are:

It works out of the box, with full multimedia support and is extremely easy to use.
    It's both free of cost and open source.
    It's community-driven. Users are encouraged to send feedback to the project so that their ideas can be used to improve Linux Mint.
    Based on Debian and Ubuntu, it provides about 30,000 packages and one of the best software managers.
    It's safe and reliable. Thanks to a conservative approach to software updates, a unique Update Manager and the robustness of its Linux architecture, Linux Mint requires very little maintenance (no regressions, no antivirus, no anti-spyware...etc).

http://www.linuxmint.com/

Have a read.  A lot of people are scared of trying Linux as they think they will not be able to do what they can now.  However, I have never wanted Windows back and hate it now.  I also don't have to worry about viruses and stuff. ;)

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2013, 07:32:28 am »
Another thing I would like to add to this dilemma is, I can't even remove or discard PM's from PRC website area? I have no idea what is causing this either, but it was the same time this all started to happen to my PC. "Any ideas on this people?"
What do you mean?  YOu mean you can't delete them?

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2013, 07:35:47 am »
Just make a bootable USB drive with Linux Mint on it.  Get rid of Windows and you can stop worrying about the virus and actually use your PC.  I don't even have a virus checker installed on my system.  I only need to scan files I post on here to protect you guys. :)

This was not done by a virus, even worse it was done by someone without proper experience.

My system is a dell XP professional, had a friend help me get the system going that was a tech , accidentally installed XP home edition instead, have all the Professional Service packs for Professional now, maybe should reformat anyways to get other professional options that I don't have any more.

This was the origional issue...

I have recently installed a M570 Logitech gaming mouse (Wireless) too my system, I have been using it for sometime and then on January 10TH 2013, my system went crazy.
I have contacted Logitech, Have written to MS Support and even tried restore points, nothing seems too work, I can not cut & paste with right click mouse button, My Control panel doesn't display option for mouse for setting advance button issues and my internet Thumbnail Icon isn't the same as it was before.
I have been trying to rectify this issue for over a week and am having no luck.
"Any ideas about what has happened with my PC?"
Very frustrating and I am getting pretty fed up with this issue.
If there is anything I can do that I haven't thought of, would be great, one more thing, I have no option for backing up PC so can't reboot with service Pkg's, really a mind bender for me as too what comes next.

1WW

This is likely something to do with the logitech setpoint software. I recently had a logitech MX500 mouse do nearly the same thing and ended up getting rid of the mouse completely. Uninstall all logitech setpoint software and use a different mouse with just the drivers installed. There also may be a wireless phone or other device interfering with the mouse signal. Switch to a directly wired mouse and try that.

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2013, 07:38:40 am »
It is a free operating system that basically does what Windows does, but is much more stable.  It is a version of Linux that is designed so that people used to Windows will be comfortable with it as it behaves and looks like Windows.  It runs normally without much input from the user (old Linux versions rarely did).

It is no use to you though unless you can burn a CD or USB Pen Drive or something,.
http://www.linuxmint.com/

Have a read.  A lot of people are scared of trying Linux as they think they will not be able to do what they can now.  However, I have never wanted Windows back and hate it now.  I also don't have to worry about viruses and stuff. ;)

If I can Burn/USB copy this Pim, "Will it reset my whole HD to factory and how do I DL it once it is Burned/USB copied?" Through reboot menu or RUN options? And if it is the latter, is it an auto install program?

1WW

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2013, 07:41:13 am »
Before you do it, what do you use your PC for?  If you are into gaming it might be a bad idea.

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2013, 07:48:19 am »
This is likely something to do with the logitech setpoint software. I recently had a logitech MX500 mouse do nearly the same thing and ended up getting rid of the mouse completely. Uninstall all logitech setpoint software and use a different mouse with just the drivers installed. There also may be a wireless phone or other device interfering with the mouse signal. Switch to a directly wired mouse and try that.

Yes, this is when things went Arye for sure. I cannot allocate the Logitech Wireless setpoint software on my PC, so not sure if it DL or not, but was the beginning of the beginning for sure Ellirium.

I have tried to reconnect original Dell Mouse that came with PC, it still does not have the right click options available too me, but, I also didn't uninstal Logitech stuff. I have a Wireless headset from Logitech and the Mouse (Wireless) is Logitech as well.

These are the only 2 Logitech devices I have connected to the PC at this time, oh wait, I also have a Gaming Joystick that I installed as well, it is an Attack3 Logitech product. Forgot all about this device. So, remove all Logitech software from PC then Ellirium, or just Mouse stuff? Should mention that all devices are USB compatible PNP connections, so, "What next?"

And thanks for you patience, it was done by an inexperienced operator as you had said Ellirium..LOL  :-[ ::) :P ;)

1WW

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2013, 07:49:25 am »
Have you managed to boot Windows again?  If so, turn off remote access to Windows before you do anything else.

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2013, 07:57:08 am »
Have you managed to boot Windows again?  If so, turn off remote access to Windows before you do anything else.

I haven't rebooted yet, and the remote access is always turned of on my PC. So, just waiting to see if there is something I am still missing by way of the Logitech stuff I have loaded to my PC.

I am a bit of a gamer Pim, but not as much as before, still would like to be able to keep that option available, get a feather once in a blue moon to game, you know, Oldman child!! LOL :P

1WW

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2013, 07:59:31 am »
Yes, this is when things went Arye for sure. I cannot allocate the Logitech Wireless setpoint software on my PC, so not sure if it DL or not, but was the beginning of the beginning for sure Ellirium.

I have tried to reconnect original Dell Mouse that came with PC, it still does not have the right click options available too me, but, I also didn't uninstal Logitech stuff. I have a Wireless headset from Logitech and the Mouse (Wireless) is Logitech as well.

These are the only 2 Logitech devices I have connected to the PC at this time, oh wait, I also have a Gaming Joystick that I installed as well, it is an Attack3 Logitech product. Forgot all about this device. So, remove all Logitech software from PC then Ellirium, or just Mouse stuff? Should mention that all devices are USB compatible PNP connections, so, "What next?"

And thanks for you patience, it was done by an inexperienced operator as you had said Ellirium..LOL  :-[ ::) :P ;)

1WW

Well 1st step is to uninstall and disconnect ALL logitech software for the time being...this can always be put back in later...1st thing we need to do is get the OS to work properly.

Is your Dell mouse a USB mouse or does it use the mouse port? Also does the wireless one use the same? I'll need to know this.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:04:50 am by Ellirium113 »

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2013, 08:01:55 am »
I am a bit of a gamer Pim, but not as much as before, still would like to be able to keep that option available, get a feather once in a blue moon to game, you know, Oldman child!! LOL :P
Then remove the drivers and see if you can rescue Windows.  What a nightmare lol

Offline 1Worldwatcher

• Gold 145
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2013, 08:06:50 am »
Well 1st step is to uninstall ALL logitech software for the time being...this can always be put back in later...1st thing we need to do is get the OS to work properly.

OK.

Is your Dell mouse a USB mouse or does it use the mouse poert?

It is a USB Connected mouse, the one that came with the PC.

Also does the wireless one use the same? I'll need to know this.

I had initially had connected to the front USB port when I had installed it, this is when I had the setpoint DL issues as well. Since then, I have moved and had all things disconnected, when reconnecting, I swithched USB ports for the mouse, so it may have bearing's too what you are trying to convey. Ihave now switched the Wireless mouse USB port to the back of the PC, where the original USB DELL mouse was initially connected.

"Next?"

1WW

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]