collapse

Author Topic: Why is McDonald’s the Official Restaurant of the Olympics?  (Read 13445 times)

Offline skywatcher

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
Why is McDonald’s the Official Restaurant of the Olympics?
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:17:08 am »
McDonald’s restaurants are the very epitome of poor health, with their
McNuggets most notably containing chemicals used in breast implants and
silly putty. So why have the Olympic games officials adopted the
restaurant chain as their official restaurant of the Olympics?

Considering the Olympic games represent some of the most
conditioned athletes across the globe, it seems quite bizarre that the
face of the entire event would be that of Ronald McDonald.

With the media frenzy surrounding the Olympic games, it’s easy to see
why McDonald’s continues to be a major sponsor (dishing out cash for
over 35 years). A massive marketing opportunity is presented to the
company that involves aligning itself with a ‘healthy’ and fit event. In
fact, McDonald’s is reaping the benefits
as even some of the most decorated Olympic finalists are chomping down
on their disease-linked frankenburgers. It was reported that ‘the most
highly decorated Olympian’ Michael Phelps gorged himself at McDonald’s
after winning a gold medal at the Olympics.

Phelps and fellow gold medalist Ricky Berens reportedly
ate a toxic feast of two Quarter Pounders with cheese, one six-piece
McNugget (each of which contains 7 different ingredients to compose the
fake chicken ‘meat’), a medium McFlurry, and two medium french fries.
Great news for McDonald’s, bad news for viewers.

McDonald’s fast food has been linked in scientific research to depression, with those who ate fast food 51 percent more likely to be depressed than those consuming very little or none of the food.

McDonald’s has also been heavily criticized for including ‘pink slime’ into their products, which is essentially scrap meat drenched in ammonium hydroxide. And that’s really not the worst of it.

Taking another look at the highly popular McNuggets, it’s easy to see
why McDonald’s food items contain some of the most concerning chemicals
in the entire food industry. The kind that athletes and viewers looking
to live a healthy lifestyle should avoid at all costs.

McNuggets contain a large list of ingredients, including autolyzed
yeast extract (similar to MSG), dimethylpolysiloxane (a type of silicone
being phased out as a breast implant substance due to safety concern),
safflower oil (often genetically modified), and of course
butylhydroquinone (derived from petroleum to ‘preserve freshness’).

So why is it that McDonald’s is the official restaurant of the Olympics?
It seems that the corporation is desperate to attach to athletic events
in order to push itself as a health-conscious chain, when in reality it
is likely one of the largest contributors to the breeding of disease in
the United States.
But of course their executive likes to think differently. In a press release on how McDonald’s ‘cares about your health’ that sought to piggyback on the success of the Olympic games, one exec states:
<blockquote class="tr_bq">Customers recognize McDonald’s as a responsible, trusted brand that stays current with their lifestyles.</blockquote>Could
it be any more obvious just how little this company actually cares
about your health? McDonald’s has no place being the official restaurant
of any event or organization supposedly representing the face of health
and fitness across the globe.

Source:-
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/08/why-is-mcdonalds-official-restaurant-of.html
chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: Why is McDonald’s the Official Restaurant of the Olympics?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:06:52 am »

It was reported that ‘the most highly decorated Olympian’ Michael Phelps gorged himself at McDonald’s after winning a gold medal at the Olympics.

Phelps and fellow gold medalist Ricky Berens reportedly ate a toxic feast of two Quarter Pounders with cheese, one six-piece McNugget (each of which contains 7 different ingredients to compose the fake chicken ‘meat’), a medium McFlurry, and two medium french fries.
Great news for McDonald’s, bad news for viewers.

So... what your saying is that after 4 years of hard training they won gold metals then had a junk food binge?

or are you saying they won the gold metal by gorging on McDonald's 'delicacies'?

::)

McDonald’s has also been heavily criticized for including ‘pink slime’ into their products, which is essentially scrap meat drenched in ammonium hydroxide. And that’s really not the worst of it.

Whistleblowers: 70 percent of U.S. ground beef contains ‘pink slime’

So why is it that McDonald’s is the official restaurant of the Olympics?

Money... it cost millions to host those games.. someone has to pay for it :D

It seems that the corporation is desperate to attach to athletic events

No corporate sponsorship... no games... Who else can afford to pay those million dollar salaries the pros get?

in order to push itself as a health-conscious chain, when in reality it
is likely one of the largest contributors to the breeding of disease in
the United States.

Likely? We deal in facts here... can you show me studies that prove this?

BTW are you a chemist? Someone sent me this list as the partial ingredients in a popular food...  what do you think? Does this sound edible?    Your input would be appreciated :D

Water 85.3 g
Protein 0.3 g
Lipids 0.4 g
Carbohydrate 11.8 g
Organic acids 0.6 g
Fiber 2.3 g
Minerals 0.3 g
Sodium 3 mg
Potassium 145 mg
Magnesium 6 mg
Calcium 7 mg
Manganese 65 µg
Iron 480 µg
Copper 100 µg
Zinc 120 µg
Phosphorus 12 mg
Chloride 2 mg
Fluoride 7 µg
Iodine 2 µg
Selenium 1-6 µg
Palmitic acid 50 mg
Stearic acid 10 mg
Oleic acid 20 mg
Linolic acid 100 mg
Linoleic acid 20 mg
Malic acid 550 mg
Citric acid 16 mg
Oxalic acid 500 µg
Salicylic acid 310 µg
Purines 3 mg
Biotin 1-8 µg
Starch 600 mg
Nicotinamide 300 µg
Pantothenic acid 100 µg
Folic acid 7 µg

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 07:26:38 am »
Indeed both Skywatcher and Zorgon, we all know the dangers of eating Mcds on a regular basis, but the body has provisions for shedding the excess salts and chemicals in it when only eaten once in a while...the problem arises when someone is sensitive to a specific ingredient or has an excess of said ingredient already in their body, due to poor liver, pancreas or kidney operation.

What is the true culprit in Mcd's food is the amount of salts it has, and the relation of protein to fats to carbs in its structure.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/foods-from-mcdonalds/6220/2

This page shows the relation of carbs to fat to protein and how these specific levels are the holy grail for Mcdonalds foods, to create an addiction for it within a human body which is balanced and operating correctly.

What we see is a caloric to fat ration of 5.9/3 first of all.

This presents the most unique opportunity for turning on the storage in ones fat cells, like gassin up an Escalade...it keeps filling with no apparent end.

Then we read the ratio of fat to carbs to protein....

34/47/24

This ratio shows a greater amount of fat, and carbs which effectively are the fuel, with the protein as the match.

This page from Merck a leading company in food research shows an important balance to keep healthy people healthy....among those ratios which Mcd's doesnt adhere to....

http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/disorders_of_nutrition/overview_of_nutrition/carbohydrates_proteins_and_fats.html

Carbohydrates, proteins, and fats supply 90% of the dry weight of the diet and 100% of its energy. All three provide energy (measured in calories), but the amount of energy in 1 gram (1/28 ounce) differs: 4 calories in a gram of carbohydrate or protein and 9 calories in a gram of fat. These nutrients also differ in how quickly they supply energy. Carbohydrates are the quickest, and fats are the slowest.

Carbohydrates, proteins, and fats are digested in the intestine, where they are broken down into their basic units: carbohydrates into sugars, proteins into amino acids, and fats into fatty acids and glycerol. The body uses these basic units to build substances it needs for growth, maintenance, and activity (including other carbohydrates, proteins, and fats).

Carbohydrates

Depending on the size of the molecule, carbohydrates may be simple or complex.

Simple carbohydrates: Various forms of sugar, such as glucose and sucrose (table sugar), are simple carbohydrates. They are small molecules, so they can be broken down and absorbed by the body quickly and are the quickest source of energy. They quickly increase the level of blood glucose (blood sugar). Fruits, dairy products, honey, and maple syrup contain large amounts of simple carbohydrates, which provide the sweet taste in most candies and cakes.
Complex carbohydrates: These carbohydrates are composed of long strings of simple carbohydrates. Because complex carbohydrates are larger molecules than simple carbohydrates, they must be broken down into simple carbohydrates before they can be absorbed. Thus, they tend to provide energy to the body more slowly than simple carbohydrates but still more quickly than protein or fat. Because they are digested more slowly than simple carbohydrates, they are less likely to be converted to fat. They also increase blood sugar levels more slowly and to lower levels than simple carbohydrates but for a longer time. Complex carbohydrates include starches and fibers, which occur in wheat products (such as breads and pastas), other grains (such as rye and corn), beans, and root vegetables (such as potatoes).
Carbohydrates may be refined or unrefined. Refined means that the food is highly processed. The fiber and bran, as well as many of the vitamins and minerals they contain, have been stripped away. Thus, the body processes these carbohydrates quickly, and they provide little nutrition although they contain about the same number of calories. Refined products are often enriched, meaning vitamins and minerals have been added back to increase their nutritional value. A diet high in simple or refined carbohydrates tends to increase the risk of obesity and diabetes.

If people consume more carbohydrates than they need at the time, the body stores some of these carbohydrates within cells (as glycogen) and converts the rest to fat. Glycogen is a complex carbohydrate that the body can easily and rapidly convert to energy. Glycogen is stored in the liver and the muscles. Muscles use glycogen for energy during periods of intense exercise. The amount of carbohydrates stored as glycogen can provide almost a day's worth of calories. A few other body tissues store carbohydrates as complex carbohydrates that cannot be used to provide energy.

Most authorities recommend that about 50 to 55% of total daily calories should consist of carbohydrates.

Where it all goes wrong is in the fat storage which starts a person on the road to obesity...when fat already, a person has a propensity to become fatter as they are already primed to absorb the specific parts of Mcd's food and also other processed foods.

Processed foods doesnt always mean ground fine and made into a powder, then reconstituted for feeding...it has a sinister alternative definition....

Processed foods for specific addictive tendencies and specific reactions to it within the human body.

Food that is processed isnt done so as they would have us think, for efficient use in recipes, like flour and sugar crystals, it is done more for addictive qualities which keep us coming back for another Ho-Ho or little debbie...or that ubiquitous Big Mac..which is the crowning achievment of the Mcd's lab engineers for addictive eating behaviour.

Efficient food manufacturing brings more issues into the mix, and the way proteins, carbs and fat react when processed is why they use chemicals as stabilizing agents and such.

Having to use ammonium whatever is basically nature telling Mcd's the chicken paste shoundnt be fed to people and thats why it falls apart or degrades after freezing, is because it prcessed foods need to be stabilized to keep them appearing in shape and consistency as real foods...when sadly they are not.

Mcds doesnt listen, or care though, its all about keeping the fatties coming back.

The last thing here which Ill point out from a neutral standpoint is..the human mind. These companies are creating a product which involves millions of dollars of research and thousands of hours of testing to make it addictive, and our minds are our only weapon against the attack.

Use the mind as a tool and keep it sharp, and the fat and blubber will keep at bay. Allow the Mcd's labs to get a leg up on your brain, and its doomsday for the waistline everytime.

What goes in the face, shows on the body...and yes folks, research aside...thats a fact I can prove with my personal experience! :P

Cheers! From someone who did just this and has kept 55 lbs of flubber off for nearly a year now with zero demand for crappy foods especially Mcd's!
Dave
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 03:45:07 pm »
Water 85.3 g
Protein 0.3 g
Lipids 0.4 g
Carbohydrate 11.8 g
Organic acids 0.6 g
Fiber 2.3 g
Minerals 0.3 g
Sodium 3 mg
Potassium 145 mg
Magnesium 6 mg
Calcium 7 mg
Manganese 65 µg
Iron 480 µg
Copper 100 µg
Zinc 120 µg
Phosphorus 12 mg
Chloride 2 mg
Fluoride 7 µg
Iodine 2 µg
Selenium 1-6 µg
Palmitic acid 50 mg
Stearic acid 10 mg
Oleic acid 20 mg
Linolic acid 100 mg
Linoleic acid 20 mg
Malic acid 550 mg
Citric acid 16 mg
Oxalic acid 500 µg
Salicylic acid 310 µg
Purines 3 mg
Biotin 1-8 µg
Starch 600 mg
Nicotinamide 300 µg
Pantothenic acid 100 µg
Folic acid 7 µg

Calcium fluoride or sodium fluoride?  That makes a BIG difference.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 04:25:58 pm »
It's the same way that Heineken took over holland's international event, the 4 days marches >:(
And now the Dutch athletes have the 'Holland Heineken House' instead of the former 'Holland House'
The beer is brewed in 3 1/2 hours, using catalysts, then has colour & alcohol added to make it up to the European standard of 4%

Awful chemical crap, sold as beer.
There goes another great sporting event :(

Notice the one athlete was filmed in McDonalds after the event?
Probably took him 6 months to recover from that one..
Tip: drink more milk, it will make you fat but will remove toxins from your body...well, you can't have it all... 8)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 05:41:17 pm »
Only drink raw milk from cows that have not been treated with rBST, antibiotics, etc.  And check the radiation levels, too, before Ya drink.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 02:27:44 pm »
Cheers! From someone who did just this and has kept 55 lbs of flubber off for nearly a year now with zero demand for crappy foods especially Mcd's!
Dave

I too have zero demand for those American delicacies but a nice piece of ground steak on a toasted home made bun is an awesome burger

And yeah I am battling that  55 lbs of flubber myself, but its all from good food... just too much of it and sitting at this dang machine to many hours :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 02:29:08 pm »
Calcium fluoride or sodium fluoride?  That makes a BIG difference.

Well its only a partial list... but it sounds YUMMY doesn't it?

::)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 02:33:17 pm »
Only drink raw milk from cows that have not been treated with rBST, antibiotics, etc.  And check the radiation levels, too, before Ya drink.

Raw milk 

No thanks  I will have mine pasteurized from reliable dairies that don't add all that other stuff :P

The only ill effect I have had from that on 60 years is I like my dairy products and since I get free cheese from the conventions I managed to store an extra 55 lbs of that flubber :P

Did you know that paranoia about what you eat will make you sicker than a dog?

Caution yes... but we are chemical factories :D

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 02:57:37 pm »
I too have zero demand for those American delicacies but a nice piece of ground steak on a toasted home made bun is an awesome burger

And yeah I am battling that  55 lbs of flubber myself, but its all from good food... just too much of it and sitting at this dang machine to many hours :P

Zorgon, I feel your pain, but if I whipped up a big plate of my Weinerschnitzel with spaetzle, all worries go out the window! ;D

Oh and how I love heavy cream, I make so many fantastic recipes with it, we use a pint a week, so thats an extra mile on the treadmill per tablespoon!Argh!

Cheese? well I have a cheese addiction, and have to avoid the counter at Messaros here in St Pete, who has the best cheese counter ever!

Its hard to drop the weight, but when you find the magic bullet stick with it, and itll fall off!

Off to make a salad now..Im trying to keep that 55 off!LOL!

;)

Hermetically sealed, for your protection

deuem

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 11:02:52 pm »
When ever I feel bad bout eating all of the local fresh food, I go to McDs and stuff 2 or 4 Double cheeseburgers down and I feel good for another month. Got to have that good old chemical burger to straighten things out. Some times I add a few for the freezer for later. Good old McDs burgers, the same around the world. Been eating them for more than 40 years.

A couple times a month is OK. Everyday would be a bit to much, they would lose their lust.

Deuem

Offline skywatcher

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:10 am »
If you feel the need for a McDonalds burger EVER again, read this and think again

or

or this is worse

or
!

If you don't feel ill after watching the first video,  you ain't listening!!!

The second video shows you what's better for your body.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:05:17 am by skywatcher »
chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 03:03:31 am »
If you feel the need for a McDonalds burger EVER again, read this and think again

Aw thats nothing :D you should see what the Japanese are cooking up...

Warning do not watch while eating :P

Shit Burger: Japanese Researcher Creates Artificial Meat From Human Feces

[youtube]99l5iLOJgEk[/youtube]

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 03:34:54 am »
Some dogs who are well fed eat that as well without the processing bit.  :o
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 04:25:29 am »
Well I have heard people say "This food tastes like shit"!  Perhaps they were right. ;D
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter