collapse

Author Topic: The End of Entropy  (Read 55419 times)

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

Re: The End of Entropy
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2013, 12:18:34 pm »
I think it is, in a 'memory field' sense, as hobbit would say.

The problem is, if it ever becomes aware that it would be better off without humans ::) Exactly the scenario i was thinking of in Harrison's 'Deathworld' books. All of a planet's nature, & natural energy, at war with humans.
A really frightening story, if you've never read it.....

It would be much better for us if we became aware of the planet, nature, everything, before it becomes too aware of us.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2013, 12:35:28 pm »
Kind of like Gaia? I can dig that :), Buddhists say the same kind of thing, that ALL is life, not just the biological things that move about..

"For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.  - Yoda

::)

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2013, 12:51:58 pm »
Yes, it binds everythig together, it has a light side and a dark side....

"It's gaffer tape, son"

ETA; being serious for a moment, why not?

I believe more in the 'force' than anything else that will satisfy any religious feelings i have....
OK so i can't levitate stuff or open doors by waving fingers at them (would have to make a wavy-finger detector for that) but i do feel....something.
Some field, some kind of awareness.
Fascinating.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:56:43 pm by PLAYSWITHMACHINES »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 12:54:11 pm »
Yeah I have lots of that stuff :D  Its great for everything. Duck tape too :P but that gets sticky

I wonder if it was Yoda that made Apollo 13 take some tape to the moon... :P

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2013, 12:59:32 pm »
Sorry i should have re-posted, out of sync again ???

Some people actually believe tech like Velcro & the Microwave is actually alien tech.
Come on, give us poor humans credit for something :)

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »
Someone sent me a joke, and it went something like this;

An elderly gentleman was sitting by the pier, enjoying the sun, when a brash young student (freshman) walked up to him & said "You old folks sure lived in the stone age, you never had colour TV, mobiles, internet, space shuttles. You must have wasted your life, Me, i'm going places"

There was a moments silence, by which time a small crowd had gathered to hear his reply.

His reply was;
"That's quite right, young man, we never had these things, that is why we invented them.
  Now what are you doing for the next generation, you arrogant little prick?"

There was a thunderous applause.

This is apparently, a true story, pass it on ;)

can i say 'prick' here?

Moral; If it does not exist, invent it!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:13:53 pm by PLAYSWITHMACHINES »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2013, 01:32:56 pm »
Velcro may be Alien... I think they found that in the Roswell ship that was brought down by human Microwaves :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2013, 01:41:32 pm »
I believe more in the 'force' than anything else that will satisfy any religious feelings i have....
OK so i can't levitate stuff or open doors by waving fingers at them (would have to make a wavy-finger detector for that) but i do feel....something.
Some field, some kind of awareness.
Fascinating.

The Force is real... you can call it anytrhing you like, even 'God' if that works for you. Why can you not levitate or move that mountain? Jesus said it is faith... Yoda says you need to believe...

I think though that today something else is blocking our ability. In the 50's psychic research was strong and we had people that could do small feats like move objects on a table.

Like Yoda says big or small, there is no difference  If you can move a small object with your mind, you should be able to move a large object.

If you can transmit wireless power to a laptop (the recent MIT work) there is no reason you cannot transmit that same power to run a car or a house.

Once you have the principal the rest is simply a matter of degree/level

I think some outside force is blocking our ability in this time period. I think it started in the Nexus year of 1947.  Is it Alien? or is it our microwave polution that is causing interference?

It has been suggested that microwave radar brought down that Roswell craft. We know cell phones held to the ear will cause brain damage over time, we know a police radar gun held in the lap of a lazy motorcycle cop will fry his gonads and make him sterile (poetic justice :P )

Be that as it may... SOMETHING is preventing us from applying that 'faith' and allowing us to move those mountains

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013, 02:19:09 pm »
Yeah, well, Yoda says a lot of things.
"do or do not, there is no try" is my favourite.
But when i try, & fail, then i can say 'at least i tried' & end up sounding like a complete wimp :)

I think though that today something else is blocking our ability.

Me too! We went over that a lot in the past.
I still think there are both benevolent & destructive forces at work. The benevolent one is a series of gentle nudges, the other is literally violent shocks.
Of course it goes without saying that each party may use the other's method.
Confused?
I am....

In the 50's psychic research was strong and we had people that could do small feats like move objects on a table.
There was a kid near us in the 60's ( i guess 5-10 years older than me) who could bend iron bars just by looking at them :o

Uri Geller eat your heart out :P

Never found out what happened to him, he disappeared completely from the press, the public...

If you can transmit wireless power to a laptop (the recent MIT work) there is no reason you cannot transmit that same power to run a car or a house.

Easy. The problem is doing it without either zapping the cat or upsetting the TV.
A tall order, but J. Romaniwaszco (hope i spelt that right) has been doing fine research in that area.
I invited him here & he logged in briefly...seems to have lost interest, even though i endorse his work & he gives me encouraging replies to personal mails, but never here....
Each to his own i guess.

It has been suggested that microwave radar brought down that Roswell craft.
Those old Marconi systems used tons of power, hundreds of kilowatts.
It was like getting an echo by throwing sledgehammers in all directions, so i would not rule out THAT theory :)
Newer systems are much more sensitive, use less power, pulses rather than beams etc...

Be that as it may... SOMETHING is preventing us from applying that 'faith' and allowing us to move those mountains
We covered that in depth with Linda, remember?
In any case, it doesn't seem to affect me much.
I'm still fully cognitive & able to dream up the wierdest s**t :D

Linda once implied that Mikado had been mentally 'got at' to prevent him going further.
And i did experience what can only be called a 'phsychic attack' in what i call the 'nosebleed incident'
But he IS going further, doing his own thing. Good luck to him. But i asked Linda 'why not me as well?'
I think the obvious answer is, i'm too dumb...
But i don't believe that for a second :P

Offline Igor

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2014, 12:01:08 pm »
And now for something completely different. This thread has been going on for years and has not had any  new posts for quite a while. I have been meaning to comment on Amy's "dark energy" thesis for years now, so here goes.

Amy, you are quite right, but you don't go far enough in your analysis. The answer to your question regarding the use of dark energy to run our cars is "Yes". But (and you knew I would introduce a BIG "but") there are other sources of "free" energy that are, at the present time, more accessible and practical. I will illustrate with one source that I use every day, as does most of the population of the planet.

For us humans scratching out a living on our Earth, the prime source of virtually all of our energy is, not dark energy, but light energy. Sunlight. Is it free? Yes. Can we use it to run our cars? Yes. And the technology to do so is at hand. Let us get down to some real life situations here.

This time of year in my home town of Los Angeles, it is somewhat chilly in the morning and I roll out of the sack and feel the need to warm up a bit. But instead of flicking the little lever on my thermostat, I wander outside to my garden shed, open the door, pull out a lawn chair and sit in the sun like a lizard. Free solar energy warming my old bones. Maybe later in the day I will do a load of laundry and hang my wash on a closeline strung across my yard. Free solar energy to dry my laundry, precluding the need for an expensive clothes dryer, electricity, and gas.

Can this free sunlight be used in more complex ways? Can I heat up a cup of tea? Yes, I can focus the rays  of the sun with a collimating lens and bring a small amount of water up to an appropriate temperature. But here is  where things are not so "free" any more. I need a suitable lens, I need a vessel to contain the working fluid. My cup of tea has been commodified. "Commodification" is the key word which, for my purposes here, means putting a cash price on the item or procedure. Many free (or cheap) things in life have been commodified.

Can we use sunlight to run our cars? Sure, just get a plug-in electric car and charge it with solar cells. But look at the extent to which your automotive transportation has now been commodified! You would then be using free solar energy at an initial cost of about $40,000 for the hardware.

OK, so you have your little (or perhaps not-so-little) black box to extract dark energy, which is in itself a  commodification. You have to fabricate the black box. The materials have to be scraped from the earth, processed, and shipped to you. Do all that and you have some less-than-free energy. Oh, you might want to use that energy somewhere else? You will need a means of transmitting that energy, or transporting the black box. Further commodification. But you say, the free energy will do all this for itself with no further need to put commodified energy into the system.

Good theory. It should work. But here we are, stuck in a world where commodification is key, greed and exploitation abound, and technology appears not to be able to sustain even the level to which we have ascended. We are now in distress and decent due to the diminishing cheap energy supply.
Some of us are preparing for the near-term problems, some are waiting for the break-through of new energy sources. There are doomers, preppers, frackers, and deniers. But that is another post, another forum, another site.

Amy has probably by now figured out who I am, but for the rest of you, I have degrees in Electrical and  Mechanical engineering from two colleges and one university in Los Angeles. I worked in the aerospace industry and the power utility industry for a total of 30 years. I now live job-free, mortgage-free,  car-free, gasoline-free, and about as de-commodified as I can get. As soon as I post this, I am going outside to sit in the sun for a while and then roll down my hill on my bicycle to fetch a load of groceries to sustain myself for another week. BTW, I built my bicycle mostly from trashed parts and at a cost of less than the bag of groceries I will purchase today.       

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2014, 12:39:27 pm »
The issues I see with solar energy:

1.  Not available 24/7
2.  Requires storage units
3.  Does not offer gravity control
4.  The storage unit (battery) manufacturing is very polluting

Sure, it is an interim energy source.  But it does not offer the complete freedom that electrogravitics offers.

How're the BSAs?  [smile]
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2014, 12:47:52 pm »
For us humans scratching out a living on our Earth, the prime source of virtually all of our energy is, not dark energy, but light energy. Sunlight. Is it free? Yes. Can we use it to run our cars? Yes. And the technology to do so is at hand. Let us get down to some real life situations here.

Many of us here have been trying to wake people up to the use of SUNLIGHT as free energy until more exotic forms are made practical. Governments are subsidizing installations of solar power system. The utilities are ENCOURAGING private people to do so with incentives and even tax breaks. In fact most states have laws in place that the power company MUST BUY any access you produce (albeit at wholesale cost)

There are do-it-yourself kits available for 50.00  You can get these free because all you are really paying for is someone to have put it all together in an easy to follow form (fair game it's only 50.00 for all that work ;) )

I purchased TWO of these programs  and have several times offered them to ANYONE here who is willing to actually do the construction

Solar panels can even be printed on a 3D-Printer

But no one cares :P  They would rather go after the exotics while paying through the nose for power.

This time of year in my home town of Los Angeles, it is somewhat chilly in the morning and I roll out of the sack and feel the need to warm up a bit. But instead of flicking the little lever on my thermostat, I wander outside to my garden shed, open the door, pull out a lawn chair and sit in the sun like a lizard. Free solar energy warming my old bones.

Doesn't get very cold in Vegas winters but it does get chilly. We DO have a lot of sunlight  too much LOL as it bakes us in the summer. Maybe I need an umbrella over the house :D  But I did put in another FREE ENERGY device that indirectly uses the sunlight . Got this from John Lear's old mine cabin...

Yup sunlight grows the trees and when I trim them I get lots of free energy stored in the back yard :D  Nice and toasty  :D

Maybe later in the day I will do a load of laundry and hang my wash on a closeline strung across my yard. Free solar energy to dry my laundry, precluding the need for an expensive clothes dryer, electricity, and gas.

And it comes out fresh and clean from the Ozone in the air... more people should do that. The dryer is a real energy hog... using a clothesline if you have the space is awesome. I got my neighbor to start doing it. With the Vegas sun and dry desert air it dry's literally in minutes.

Unfortunately however... many local governments have banned clothelines

Clotheslines Banned in Thousands of U.S. Communities

Some states have spoken up on that...

19 ‘right to dry’ states outlaw clothesline bans; is yours among them?

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2014, 12:53:49 pm »
That California cold is actually warm to me cause here in the great white north of Wisconsin we don't feel cold till its like below 32 degree's and even then people dress lightly with coats flapping open in the cool breezes. My thermostat is permanently set at 57 degrees on the coldest days which we have had something like 59 days below zero here.

My thinking is, people have kids and those kids should be put on a tread mill turning generators and that is a problem solved twice. Kids are kept busy and exercised with you having electricity. What are kids good for!

;D
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2014, 12:54:20 pm »
The issues I see with solar energy:
1.  Not available 24/7

Does not need to be. Most people sleep at night when the sun is down :P My main usage is during the hot daylight hours when I need my AC. It cools down at night so I can turn the AC off. Also if you are at work and running your solar system but not using it... it is sending that power to the grid. End result is your meter runs backwards during the day and you take some back at night. So without a storage system of batteries, you are using the GRID as a 'battery'

2.  Requires storage units

No it doesn't See above :D

3.  Does not offer gravity control

Why do you need gravity control for energy usage?

You don't need batteries to use solar to your advantage  Use the GRID as a battery

Sure, it is an interim energy source.

YES it IS  and the INTERIM is what TAP is lacking. We need solutions for the here and NOW while working towards the future. I do not understand why you are against interim solutions

But it does not offer the complete freedom that electrogravitics offers.

That still remains to be proven... that EG can even be implemented practically if at all

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2014, 01:05:52 pm »
Welcome "Igor":

Yup, transparent to those who are in the know.

Your first GOLD for such an eloquent post.

Looking forward to more.

tfw
Peace Love Light
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

FUKUSHIMA FALLOUT CLOCK
Elapsed Time since March 11, 2011, 2:46 PM - Fukushima, Japan

The World Must Take Charge at Fukushima

“In a time of universal deceit
telling the truth is considered a revolutionary act."

George Orwell
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter