collapse

Author Topic: Precision Cut Rocks at Puma Punka Peru  (Read 5579 times)

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
Re: Precision Cut Rocks at Puma Punka Peru
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 04:37:47 pm »
Did you watch the video? I think it explains it very well. But to each his own.

I watched part of it. I'm not an "AA" fan. I think it's sensationalist and lacking in science. I don't have much time for the "debunking" either.

People are too quick to dismiss the idea that people thousands of years ago may have been far more advanced than we are today. I think there is a great deal we don't know about ancient humans.

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that rocks and sand were responsible for what we're seeing in the megaliths and monoliths.
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 04:46:54 pm »
Labor intensive to say the least, but according to the video, AA left out a lot and misrepresented a lot of important info.

I'm not a fan of AA or debunking sites either, but in this instance it's pretty impressive.

Rock
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 05:01:47 pm »
People are too quick to dismiss the idea that people thousands of years ago may have been far more advanced than we are today.
People are also too quick to dismiss the idea that just because they don't know how things are done it doesn't mean it's difficult. :)

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 05:07:23 pm »
People are also too quick to dismiss the idea that just because they don't know how things are done it doesn't mean it's difficult. :)

I'm not in the habit of wallowing in ignorance.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 05:26:29 pm »
I'm not in the habit of wallowing in ignorance.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by that.  ???

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 06:31:20 pm »
If you believe it was done without extreme difficulty, you are free to demonstrate how. Otherwise, it's just untethered  skepticism.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 07:40:23 am »
As for the technology used to make the stones of Puma Punku, what sets it apart, is that these shapes and forms, appear more like parts of an engineered structure with some mechanical, or hydrological purpose, not just a decorum of Pharaoh heads and such, or a stack of slabs, alike Stonehenge...these were built for a specific purpose, and were likely part of a very modern appearing feature of the local culture, which was also wiped out by the cataclysm which has been suggested around the time of 9800 BC.

Moving them is a non issue, as they could easily find methods of cutting and transporting them from quarries, as ArMap said, what these masons could do was amazing.

So why do they appear as if some sort of pieces to a larger device or complex?

The Incas, Peruvians of recent times, and their forefathers all were adept water wizards, creating aqueducts and canal systems to rival the best seen in any region of the planet.

The shape of the image in the OP itself, smacks of some hydrological purpose, and anything that interlocks, like those h blocks, is often built with a reason towards engineering rigidity and a good resistance to linear, or multi-linear forces.

Ive always said, if it was built before the cataclysm of 9800 BC, it was most likely built to be a part of a much more water oriented society..say..like Atlantis perhaps?

Peruvian and Colombian prehistoric artwork and later glyphs show a propensity for squarish forms, and geometric interlocking features, so it wouldnt surprise me if those were a way to remember the technology, albeit in artistic renderings, instead of massive hydrological works.

Archetypes..how do they shape our memories and thoughts? Look to the water...your god.

Cheers!
Le

Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 08:43:52 am »
For Sale: Bridge . . .

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 01:22:42 pm »
Did the Peruvians cut using iron, steel or something else?

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 02:19:12 pm »
Did the Peruvians cut using iron, steel or something else?

No idea yet... I hear talk of copper and bronze chisels like in Egypt  but I have tried that  Doesn't work to good on granite  and some of those peruvian stones are Andesite  VERY hard

Iron and Steel has a hardness of 4 to 4.5

A tempered steel file can be 6.5

Copper and Bronze  3

Quartz is 7  Glass is 5-7  Glass can scratch steel

So for people like ArMap saying they could have done it back then  I have one challenge

Cut me a 1 foot CUBE out of granite with 90 degree angles and smooth faces using only a copper chisel and wooden malet

Funny though how NO ARCHAELOGIST EVER accepted that challenge

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 02:51:16 pm »
Cut me a 1 foot CUBE out of granite with 90 degree angles and smooth faces using only a copper chisel and wooden malet
Give me a block of granite and the tools and I will try it. :)

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 08:41:17 pm »
That is pointless because that can't be how they did it.  ::)

I'd use andesite hammers to smash the basic shape then smooth the block with something.  I'm not sure what would be the best for smoothing/finishing granite though.

Or I'd use sonics to finish the stone.  They had thousands of years to refine the technology so it isn't impossible.  You can also use sonics to drill so probably also to cut.  Different frequencies will effect different materials in different ways so.... :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:43:52 pm by Pimander »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 06:20:29 am »
I'm not sure what would be the best for smoothing/finishing granite though.
Granite. :)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 07:46:30 am »
Anyone ever think about molding the blocks, but not from a slurry or aggregate, but by growing them into specified forms or shapes, through some technology we havent determined yet?

We are all worked up as to how someone used a hammer or chisel..but could it have been as simple as transmuting the existing stone, from a useless boulder into a perfect form somehow through crystallization or densification within some sort of fluid or immersion tank?

Ever plated metal, from one solid, to another, through a fluid as the intermediary?

Regarding the Great Pyramid...What was the GP anyways? what went on in there, how could the obvious features of the GP be used in such a system of stoneworking..or were they at all?

Do we see pyramids and odd chambers in nearly all megalithic constructions?

Yes.

PiezoElectricity, water, a connection with an aquifer full of dispersed minerals and materials needed to actually make stone...seems like a good clue to me.

There are sawmarks (big ones)on stones in Egypt, so we know they used saws..and the stones at Puma Punku have obviously machined features (drill holes etc.) incorporated into them, but how were the basic forms made..since the PP stones seem to be exact to the eye, but actually arent exactly the same, could nature have been asked to fill in for typical hamfisted hammering and chiseling in some manner, using water as a tool?

"Alien concrete technology" is a better suggestion than hammers and chisels here, as weird as it may sound...and if one is familiar with cymatics and the behaviour of mass within fluids, water in specific, we can see how using sound (as some here have suggested) comes into play..fluid dynamics, vibrational forces within those fluids..growing stones to near perfect dimensions and detail...using available piezoelectricity to power such an apparatus...now thats a real good path to go down if you ask me.

Imagine the corn starch in a transducer(speaker)experiment which I will assume most here have seen, could they have found a way to reconstitute the stone from solid, into a fluid, then back into a solid again, but within a certain form like concrete, and with a far better dispersion and integration of dissimilar stone ingredients?

Maybe not at Puma Punku, but this methodology has been used somehow I would reason, since geometry and sound is mentioned in nearly every esoteric and religious mysticism throughout history, however veiled.

Food for thought..
Cheers
le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 09:10:49 am »
Give me a block of granite and the tools and I will try it. :)

Good to see you again ArMap!

I would love to give you some Granite Rubble that would suit the purpose!

The only problem is that for the last 5 odd year's I keep seeing a pile of Granite Rubble which came about due to a massive water pipe project the state government carried out, and I become frustrated as I would like to use them for creating microclimates. 

I look at those rock's everytime I drive past them and shudder to think of the effort required, and cost to move that innocent pile of boulders LOL

BTW Granitic soil sucks during the wet season if you want to move heavy equipment.. the structure is like quick sand :)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter