collapse

Author Topic: The scandal of fiddled global warming data  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
The scandal of fiddled global warming data
« on: June 23, 2014, 01:26:50 pm »
From:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/10916086/The-scandal-of-fiddled-global-warming-data.html

When future generations try to understand how the world got carried away around the end of the 20th century by the panic over global warming, few things will amaze them more than the part played in stoking up the scare by the fiddling of official temperature data. There was already much evidence of this seven years ago, when I was writing my history of the scare, The Real Global Warming Disaster. But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science, showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Goddard shows how, in recent years, NOAA’s US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been “adjusting” its record by replacing real temperatures with data “fabricated” by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades, to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data. In several posts headed “Data tampering at USHCN/GISS”, Goddard compares the currently published temperature graphs with those based only on temperatures measured at the time. These show that the US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on “fabricated” data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century.

More at link - including link to Goddard's blog.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
Re: The scandal of fiddled global warming data
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 05:36:03 pm »
I believe this one's always going to be a tough one to call, for a number of reasons:

1) We've not been here long enough to understand Solar Cycles, and true natural change.

2) We've destroyed and affected our own planet and atmosphere to a level that we have most likely created our own demise.

3) The good of Humanity and good of Earth currently do not out-weigh the 'want for 'profit'.

I think we're screwballed... I feel the epiphany of 'Terminator' rings quite true.. We're not here to stop these things, but to survive them.

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 06:23:16 pm »
Whether We are here to survive Them or not, I think z is right.  We are headed towards an ice age, based on ice core samples showing a downward trend for the last...what was it?  10,000ish years?  I don't remember how long specifically.

The fact that the "officials" are (literally) cooking the data to support Al Gore, global warming, and carbon taxes therefore, is a true evil.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 06:26:19 pm »
I have followed Goddard for a while, and unless Obama can
disprove him, he is right on with his findings.

The data has been tampered with for decades.

While I do think Climate Change is real, according
to the real data it is not man made, rather a
cyclical pattern.

Gold for the post Amy!
"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 06:30:42 pm »
2) We've destroyed and affected our own planet and atmosphere to a level that we have most likely created our own demise.

Talk of human extinction is still very much premature, at this point.  There is a fairly wide margin of possibility between our current scenario, and extinction; we've still got room for things to get considerably worse, yet.

As for the OP, this is a good example of why I don't have as much unquestioning faith in science, as those idiots on Reddit.  The method is only as good as the integrity of individual scientists themselves; and that is a sad fact which most of science's cheerleaders overlook.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 01:22:04 pm »
And People wonder why I think there is an effort to create a false "reality" on this planet - and the "solutions" always take from Our pockets and never really solve anything - either because, like Big Charity, the money pays all the players before what little is left is spent on half-assed "help," or because the problem did not exist in the first place, like "global warming"  so We have to pay for the "solution" (which never really arrives) on and on in taxes.  Like the "war on drugs" and the "war on terror."

Yes, I have to conclude there is a They, and They pay scientists, engineers, musicians, painters, architects, sculptors, ad execs, ad infinitum, to say what They want said.  But I think We're on to Them...

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]