collapse

Author Topic: Long Distance Lorry Driver Snaps 'Ghost Of Drowned Man' Wandering In Rush Hour T  (Read 3311 times)

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
Long Distance Lorry Driver Snaps 'Ghost Of Drowned Man' Wandering In Rush Hour Traffic

The startling snapshot appears to show a slightly transparent man in an old jacket strolling across the road...

A long distance lorry driver claims to have photographed the ghost of a drowned man wandering into a tunnel.

What would one do if faced with such a situation ?

Would you continue driving  on, Slow Down, maybe even stop Or attempt to go around him by trying to overtake it ?   :)

In fact, we must have driven right through him just after the picture was taken.”   :o

Can one be certain what one is about to drive thru !  ???

The startling snapshot appears to show a slightly transparent man in an old jacket strolling across the road.
Driver George Furst’s colleague Stephen Smyth took the snap last week as they drove into a tunnel heading into Cork, Ireland.

A long distance lorry driver claims to have photographed the ghost of a drowned man wandering into a tunnel.
The startling snapshot appears to show a slightly transparent man in an old jacket strolling across the road.
Driver George Furst’s colleague Stephen Smyth took the snap last week as they drove into a tunnel heading into Cork, Ireland.
On checking the picture, they spotted what they believe could be a ‘Downton Abbey’ period ghost.
George, 45, said: “When we looked at the picture Stephen suddenly said 'what the hell is that?’
"I couldn’t believe my eyes – it looked like an old man wearing an old tweed coat walking down the road into the tunnel.

"What was so striking was that it was a busy road and he wasn’t looking behind him or paying any attention to any of the cars. In fact, we must have driven right through him just after the picture was taken.”
With the tunnel having been fairly recently built, George thinks that the man could be the ghost of someone who drowned in the River Lee, which the tunnel runs under.
"He looks a bit like a butler to me, possibly from the Downton Abbey period, as if he has left a nearby manor house and gone for a walk and drowned in the river,” he said.

There’s no mistaking the ghostly figure on the road/Mercury Press

George was driving his long distance lorry back into Cork on the N40 when he asked Stephen to take pictures of the Jack Lynch Tunnel entrance so that he could send them back to his hometown of Liverpool.
He explained that he had initially wanted to send the snaps to his family, pretending it was the Mersey tunnel.
"I wanted to wind them up and say I was back home in Liverpool as the entrances to the two tunnels look similar,” said George.
"But once I saw the strange figure in the picture I realised I’d caught something a bit more special. It was quite freaky the way the figure is clearly in front of where my lorry drove only seconds later so it can’t be a human being, or I would have hit them!”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/long-distance-lorry-driver-snaps-120531058.html#DI0RwgT
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:04:21 am by astr0144 »

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
It looks like another reflection on the glass, there are more to the right.

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
Now you have noticed and pointed isomething out, I can see what may be a reflection..

but I am not sure what it is, It probably is a reflection of the driver or passenger.

But It doesn't seem like a similar ghost like figure.

It could have been photo shopped .

But on the enlargement you can see more of the grain on the overall photo...

It may take special analysis to prove it.

Looking again, There are parts of the photo that are questionable other than the ghost...There seems to be a angled line on it and part of the sign above on the top right seems to be missing.

The Line maybe due to slight sunlight rays. or change in light to darkness..

or maybe a alteration to his window clarity due to the wiper blades  marking or clearing part of the dirt away.

I am not sure.

It looks like another reflection on the glass, there are more to the right.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:21:59 am by astr0144 »

Offline SerpUkhovian

• Gold 17
Now you have noticed and pointed something out, I can see what may be a reflection..

I am not sure.

It is a reflection.

I am sure.

Have you noticed since everyone has a cell phone these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?

Offline Dyna

• Gold 127
Strange to decide it is a drowned man. I can't see any plaid coat, or any man shape at all. Much more like a reflection.
When the debate is lost,
slander becomes the tool of the loser.
Socrates

Offline astr0144

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 343
I can see you have pointed out the marks and reflections...SerpUK.

But Do you see the Ghost as being a reflection  also ?

or was you just pointing out the other questionable things in the photo ?

Can you see the Ghost or man or reflection or  whatever it is  in this image Dyna..

Its in the red circlular surrounding.

This is what he said as to why it was a drowned man.

George thinks that the man could be the ghost of someone who drowned in the River Lee, which the tunnel runs under.
"He looks a bit like a butler to me, possibly from the Downton Abbey period, as if he has left a nearby manor house and gone for a walk and drowned in the river,” he said.

Strange to decide it is a drowned man. I can't see any plaid coat, or any man shape at all. Much more like a reflection.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:00:58 am by astr0144 »

Offline SerpUkhovian

• Gold 17
I can see you have pointed out the marks and reflections...SerpUK.

But Do you see the Ghost as being a reflection  also ?

or was you just pointing out the other questionable things in the photo ?

I see a glass windshield with reflections on the left, reflections on the right, and an odd shaped 'thing?' in the center of the traffic lane.  It seems apparent to me that 'thing?' is also a reflection.
Have you noticed since everyone has a cell phone these days no one talks about seeing UFOs like they used to?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter