collapse

Author Topic: WARNING - Internet Under Attack - MUST READ  (Read 85450 times)

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
Re: WARNING - Internet Under Attack - MUST READ
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2013, 09:23:00 am »
Symantec discovers worm that targets systems running Linux—threat to other devices

(Phys.org) —Antivirus company Symantec has announced that it has discovered a new worm on the loose—one that attacks vulnerabilities in computer systems running Linux. Thus far, they report, the threat is minimal due to the worm only operating on x86 type computers. It could grow much worse, however, as the worm appears to be easily changed to allow for exploiting other types of hardware running Linux such as home routers, smart TVs or security cameras.

Symantec has named the worm Linux.Darlloz and reports that its main abilities at this time appear to be one of replication by taking advantage of a PHP vulnerability in systems running older versions of Linux. When it executes, it creates random IP addresses and attempts to locate pathways to other devices on the network. Those devices that aren't protected become infected as well, which in turn serve as aids in propagating the worm.

http://phys.org/news/2013-12-symantec-worm-linuxthreat-devices.html

sky otter

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2013, 10:06:25 am »

i have a question

can i copyright my postings on line so that if the gumbermint takes them i can sue them?

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2013, 10:09:16 am »
i have a question

can i copyright my postings on line so that if the gumbermint takes them i can sue them?

If your posts were really that important that the government would take them, I don't think it would matter. They could simply say it is a matter of national security...end of discussion.  :P

deuem

« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2013, 06:25:27 pm »
i have a question

"i have a question
can i copyright my postings on line so that if the gumbermint takes them i can sue them?"
© Deuem Labs China.

Sorry girl your too late. Early bird stuff

easy on windows [Alt key + 0169]=©  hold the alt key down and type 0169

I would say yes it would help as long as it is original work. If you © someone elses work it could then work against you and they toss you in the clink. So there is a line in the sand.

To all the spooks, The above is just an example of how to use the © button and not intended to be an actual © infringement of Mrs SKy Otters work.  [any knocks at the door]

Deuem

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2013, 09:15:54 pm »
here's one for y'all; last nite (12/7/13) my avast! anti-virus pinged at least 6 times that it had blocked a trojan horse; all were in Google update execute...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2014, 04:02:10 pm »
Security firm claims Russian government makes malware

The German computer security and antivirus detection company G Data Security has alleged that the Russian government is behind the newly detected malware known as "Uroburos."

G Data bases its case for Russian government involvement on the complexity of the malware and the presence of Cyrillic words in the malware sample. G Data blog author "MN" points to file names, encryption keys, and behavior of Uroburos as evidence that the Russian government played a role in the creation of the malware.

GData says that Uroburos is "one of the most advanced rootkits we have ever analyzed" and pegs its origins to 2011, the earliest year that its driver was compiled. It works on both x86 and x64 Windows computers.

According to G Data, it operates by commanding one infected computer with an Internet connection to infect other networked computers, even those without a direct connection to the Internet. Uroburos gathers whatever data it's been instructed to collect, then surreptitiously sends it back to the malware authors using the same method of hopping from machine to machine until it finds one with an Internet connection.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57619748-83/security-firm-claims-russian-government-makes-malware/

one day you may have to create an entirely new private gibberish encrypted language just have a private conversation with someone.  :P

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2014, 04:58:14 pm »
one day you may have to create an entirely new private gibberish encrypted language just have a private conversation with someone.

Yes we're working on it, and it's cool as hell, LOL

You wonder why Kaspersky is a milionaire?

First, create a virus, then spread it around. 8)

Then, you 'create' a virus killer program for that virus, and sell it at $20 a go.... :o

Easy money.........

And for a few million extra, you can sell a 'back door' to the NSA... 8)

Laughing all the way to the bank.....PWM..... :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:01:43 pm by PlaysWithMachines »

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2014, 03:13:31 pm »
How the NSA Plans to Infect ‘Millions’ of Computers with Malware

Top-secret documents reveal that the National Security Agency is dramatically expanding its ability to covertly hack into computers on a mass scale by using automated systems that reduce the level of human oversight in the process.

TURBINE was designed to make deploying malware much easier for the NSA’s hackers by reducing their role in overseeing its functions. The system would “relieve the user from needing to know/care about the details,” the NSA’s Technology Directorate notes in one secret document from 2009. “For example, a user should be able to ask for ‘all details about application X’ and not need to know how and where the application keeps files, registry entries, user application data, etc.”

In practice, this meant that TURBINE would automate crucial processes that previously had to be performed manually – including the configuration of the implants as well as surveillance collection, or “tasking,” of data from infected systems. But automating these processes was about much more than a simple technicality. The move represented a major tactical shift within the NSA that was expected to have a profound impact – allowing the agency to push forward into a new frontier of surveillance operations.

The ramifications are starkly illustrated in one undated top-secret NSA document, which describes how the agency planned for TURBINE to “increase the current capability to deploy and manage hundreds of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) and Computer Network Attack (CNA) implants to potentially millions of implants.” (CNE mines intelligence from computers and networks; CNA seeks to disrupt, damage or destroy them.)

Eventually, the secret files indicate, the NSA’s plans for TURBINE came to fruition. The system has been operational in some capacity since at least July 2010, and its role has become increasingly central to NSA hacking operations.

Earlier reports based on the Snowden files indicate that the NSA has already deployed between 85,000 and 100,000 of its implants against computers and networks across the world, with plans to keep on scaling up those numbers.

The intelligence community’s top-secret “Black Budget” for 2013, obtained by Snowden, lists TURBINE as part of a broader NSA surveillance initiative named “Owning the Net.”

The agency sought $67.6 million in taxpayer funding for its Owning the Net program last year. Some of the money was earmarked for TURBINE, expanding the system to encompass “a wider variety” of networks and “enabling greater automation of computer network exploitation.”

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/article/2014/03/12/nsa-plans-infect-millions-computers-malware/

This article goes on to describe various ways the NSA has been spying and different tools they have to infect and spy on you. Very good read. So in essence here we have AI managing the distribution of various types of spying applications that determines the most effective ways to infect, then that same AI is managing the collection and storage of this data without human oversight.... Very close to what SKYNET is all about.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:50:46 pm by Ellirium113 »

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2014, 04:15:05 pm »
Lawmakers fail to ask NSA chief about agency's malware plans

U.S. lawmakers had a chance to pose questions to the director of the National Security Agency on Wednesday but declined to ask him about reports that the agency plans to install malware on millions of computers.

General Keith Alexander did not volunteer information about the reported NSA program to deploy tens of thousands of copies of surveillance malware on computers and networking devices around the world.

Committee members didn’t ask him about it, either. Instead, committee members praised the soon-to-retire Alexander for his years of service at the NSA and Cyber Command. “A grateful nation salutes you,” said Representative Jim Langevin, a Rhode Island Democrat.

Alexander’s main focus at the hearing was to advocate for legislation that would allow U.S. businesses to share cyberthreat information with Cyber Command and other government agencies. He called on Congress to pass legislation that would protect businesses from lawsuits if they accidentally overshare information.

“We have to have a way to understand when Wall Street is under attack,” Alexander said. “Right now, we get it after the fact. We get called up, it’s not real time, and as a consequence, we can’t defend them.”

The government and businesses need to be able to share cyberthreat information “at network speed,” he said.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2107760/lawmakers-fail-to-ask-nsa-chief-about-agencys-malware-plans.html

Hmmm...sounds EXACTLY like the system in my last post.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2014, 04:57:44 pm »
Yes, They must protect the money.  At Our expense... 
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:28 pm »
This video speaks volumes. If you tie this capability in with covert ops the possibilities are limitless.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCW7nYEyWQ#t=101[/youtube]

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #176 on: April 05, 2014, 09:12:24 am »
US blasts Europe’s plan for anti-snooping network as 'unfair advantage'

US officials on Friday slammed plans to construct an EU-centric communication system, designed to prevent emails and phone calls from being swept up by the NSA, warning that such a move is a violation of trade laws.

Calling Europe’s proposal to build its own integrated communication system “draconian,” the office of the US Trade Representative (USTR) said American tech companies, which are worth an estimated $8 trillion per year, would take a financial hit if Brussels gives the initiative the green light.

"Recent proposals from countries within the European Union to create a Europe-only electronic network (dubbed a 'Schengen cloud' by advocates) or to create national-only electronic networks could potentially lead to effective exclusion or discrimination against foreign service suppliers that are directly offering network services, or dependent on them," the USTR said in its annual report.

http://rt.com/news/us-europe-nsa-snowden-549/

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2014, 07:02:06 pm »

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »
I've read that type document before on cryptome.the thing is we humans are still ahead of the curve.not all the humans though.
I always thought the middle eastern uprisings were aided by twitter.
That's why I question the Bundy situation.the internet played in our favor.that's rare.
I believe the cell tower blackout was just system overload.the antennas and systems aren't designed to support a thousand people.more like twenty per side.probably only two towers in that whole area.
I've never seen such manipulation of the msm as I've seen in the last month.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2014, 07:58:01 am »
The battle for privacy finally got a good start.

NSA-Proof Server Protonet Smashes Crowdfunding Record by Raising $1m in 89 Minutes

A private server startup has raised over $1 million in less than an hour and a half, breaking the crowdfunding record.

German-based Protonet's funding target of €100,000 was surpassed within minutes of going live and it took just 89 minutes to receive $1m on German crowdfunding site Seedmatch. It currently stands close to €1.2m through donations from over 750 investors.

"World record: €750,000 in 1.5 hours!" Seedmatch tweeted today. "That's $1 million - exceeding the fastest ever Kickstarter project!"

The fastest crowdfunding campaign to reach $1m before Protonet was the Kickstarter for the Veronica Mars movie, which reached the target in just over four hours.

Wary of NSA

Revelations about mass surveillance that broke last year through former National Security Agency (NSA) contract worker Edward Sowden have resulted in increased privacy concerns, particularly in Germany.

Through the NSA leaks it was revealed that German Chancellor Angela Merkel had her mobile phone tapped by the US intelligence agency.

Merkel has since called for a "European internet" that bypasses American servers and prevents the NSA from snooping on individuals and businesses.

"Protonet offers a simple solution for small and medium businesses," Protonet's website explains. "Protonet's mini server combines basic capabilities with the advantages of local hardware: Scalability, high storage capacity and control.

"We offer location-independent data access, a thought-through social collaboration platform and all this with no necessary maintenance and installation."

Protonet currently comes in three incarnations - Carla, Carlita and Maya - with prices ranging from €1,200 to €4,700.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/nsa-proof-server-protonet-smashes-crowdfunding-record-by-raising-1m-89-minutes-1451301

Germany Will Ban Tech Companies That Play Ball With NSA

MUNICH — It didn't take an Edward Snowden to figure out that American espionage service providers had access to confidential information about German citizens. It's been known for years that the Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) works for American secret services.

It's also known that a former CSC subsidiary was involved in the abduction of German citizen Khaled el-Masri, who was turned over to the CIA and subjected to abuse and degradation before the agency finally admitted his arrest and torture were a mistake.

Nevertheless, German CSC subsidiaries have in past years received more than 100 contracts from state and federal governments in Germany, as Süddeutsche Zeitung and public broadcaster NDR reported last fall. The operative rule at the time was that only companies that were found guilty of crimes could be excluded from public contracts. So far, no CSC employee has been prosecuted for the abduction of el-Masri. Per se, working for the U.S. intel agencies is not punishable. So Germany's federal government tied its own hands over the issue.

But according to research conducted by NDR and Süddeutsche Zeitung, Germany's black-red "grand coalition" government has now tightened the rules for awarding sensitive public IT contracts. In cases of doubt, suspicious companies will now be excluded from such contracts. And companies now have to sign documents to the effect that no contracts or laws oblige them — nor can they be coerced — to pass on confidential data to foreign secret services or security authorities.

http://www.worldcrunch.com/tech-science/germany-will-ban-tech-companies-that-play-ball-with-nsa/data-it-sensitive-personal-information-snowden-csc/c4s15966/#.U5R7LaMU_DT
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 08:06:04 am by Ellirium113 »

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]