collapse

Author Topic: Recent news from oz  (Read 13242 times)

Offline Iamschist

• Regular Members
  • Gold 34
Re: Recent news from oz
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 08:49:04 pm »
The UN should be assembling a team yesterday, to pull those fuel rods, regardless of cost.

What is also sad, is the people are so desperate for normalcy, their going back to horse racing 3 miles from ground zero! Good grief are they nuts? Or do they not know?

Agree about the UN, wonder why they have been so silent?
I saw the horse racing on msn tonight, shocking.  I think they are in denial and as you said desperate for normalcy.

Sky otter I read your thread on the nuclear waste issues in your area.  It was all news to me and very disturbing.  Thank you for such great information, look forward to reading more. :)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 09:19:06 pm »
It really is unbelievable this is going on in one of the richest countries in the world, and noone is willing to help.

Puppy Poop

When Fukushima first ran into problems, the NAVY sent ships. They had the George Washington Aircraft Carrier of shore ready with a team to help and fix it before it got worse. Japan REFUSED their help, said it was under control

The Carrier has nuke plants on board to power and entire small city. They could jave run cablled in HOURS to provide the need power to get pumps and equipment running... but they were told no.

The ships then had problems... sailors were showing signs of radiation contamination and the onboard reactors were causeing issues. Why? because there was already so much radioactive material leaking into the ocean that the cooling intakes were taking in unsafe HOT water, causing the ship's reactors trouble.

So in the light of the refusal, and the already high level of radiation in the water, right from the beginning, the ships made haste to get the flock out of Dodge

17 sailors treated for radiation contamination; ships moved back off Japan

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Navy says it moved several U.S. ships away from a troubled Japanese nuclear plant after detecting low-level radiation on 17 helicopter crew members who returned to USS Ronald Reagan, which has been positioned there for relief efforts.

This is Mar 14th  only three days after

Navy-ships-moved-out-of-path-of-Japan-radiation

U.S. Ship Reports Radiation 100 Miles Off Japan's Coast

The U.S. Seventh Fleet moved its ships and aircraft further away from the quake-stricken Japanese Fukushima nuclear plant on Monday. The Navy discovered low levels of radiative contamination, despite being more than 100 miles offshore.

The radiation was detected by the United States aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76). Instruments aboard the carrier detected radiation on a level equivalent to one month's exposure to normal background radiation that exists in the environment.

This radiation is coming from leaks and releases from the aforementioned Fukushima nuclear plant. Two of its reactors (the plant has six) have experienced explosions due to hydrogen gas build-up in their buildings. The first was on Saturday (Unit 1); the second on Monday (Unit 3). It had already been known that Unit 3 was in danger of an explosion.

Despite the explosion, Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the plant, said radiation levels at the Unit 3 reactor were still well below the levels at which a nuclear power plant operator must file a report to the Japanese government.

At the same time, yet another reactor at the plant appears in danger. Fuel rods at a separate, third reactor in the plant were fully exposed after it, like the others, lost its ability to be cooled, officials said. The exposure of the fuel rods raises the risk of the unit overheating and adds to the risk of yet another explosion at the plant.

Again Mar 14th Only three days after

U.S. Ship Reports Radiation 100 Miles Off Japan's Coast

US carrier leaves Japanese port to dodge radiation - CBS News.com
Mar 21 2011

The aircraft carrier USS George Washington has left the naval facility at Yokosuka -- where it was undergoing repairs -- amid concerns that a change in the wind will bring increased radiation to two U.S. military facilities south of Tokyo, CBS News correspondent David Martin reports.

The Navy distributed potassium iodide pills to sailors and families remaining at the Yokosuka naval base and the Atsugi Naval Air Facility. The pills protect the thyroid in the event of acute exposure to radiation.

US carrier leaves Japanese port to dodge radiation - CBS News.com

That was the 'official' story on mainstream. The ship's reactor issues were covered live on Japanese TV before they started heavily censoring

USS Carrier Ronald Reagan Passes Through Radioactive Plume Off Japan Coast

Detectors aboard the USS Ronald Reagan also sounded while it was located 100 miles north east of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant. Low amounts of radioactive materials have been released into the atmosphere as plant officials desperately try to prevent a meltdown of the nuclear cores at two of the plant's reactors.

USS Carrier Ronald Reagan Passes Through Radioactive Plume Off Japan Coast

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:28:57 pm by zorgon »

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 09:46:03 pm »

My poorly worded quote... :P:

It really is unbelievable this is going on in one of the richest countries in the world, and noone is willing to help.

Tack on "ever since the ships left" to the end of that!

It seems once the ships left the Japanese were on their own.

Are the Japanese still turning help away as they did before? Or has nooneof importance offered since?

Even with no help, they have enough money and wherewithal to at least begin to fix the problem...or do they?

I shudder to think that they are coasting along on their pride and hubris, while the public suffers more every day! It appears that they arent going to start anytime soon, either, as that reporter said they would start by next year, taking the rods out.

The odds dont bode well for Fukushima in the wake of all the earthquakes they are having every day, so Ill be watching that USGS site to see when the next phase of Japans worst nuclear disaster(next to the bombs) becomes reality.

What a horrible danger that fuel pit is!

Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 10:06:16 pm »
It seems once the ships left the Japanese were on their own.

No the French company that built the reactors and were partners sent in their teams

Are the Japanese still turning help away as they did before? Or has nooneof importance offered since?
Even with no help, they have enough money and wherewithal to at least begin to fix the problem...or do they?

There is no fixing the problem. Chernobyl 'fixed' the problem buy covering the reactor with cement, but that coffin was to last 25 years. It is LONG overdue to be replaced. The Germans have offered a plan  a new cover.  But that location needs to be covered longer than the Pyramids have stood through time

Fukushima has THREE plants in meltdown and they are on the edge of the ocean... there is no cover that they can put over it to fix it

I shudder to think that they are coasting along on their pride and hubris, while the public suffers more every day! It appears that they arent going to start anytime soon, either, as that reporter said they would start by next year, taking the rods out.

Can they get close enough to take the rods out?

They told us there was no leak but you could see the discharge into the ocean. Fukushima reactors BYPASSED the safety measure of a heat exchanger unit to save money. What that means is that the radioactive water, instead of being contained and passing through a heat exchanger, was piped DIRECTLY to the building next door and the hot water turns the turbines

Look at the early photos of all the broken  pipes between the reactor building and the turbine building and tell me how they EVER had 'containment'.

This is the way they are supposed to work, with a heat exchanger to minimize leakage

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:23:07 pm by zorgon »

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:22 pm »
I agree, Zorgon, they dont and probably never had containment. hence the ships having to high tail it!
And the photos look like so much spaghetti, even if they can get a team in there, they have a year of cleanup to do just to get to the rods!

And then who is going to volunteer to be on that team? It's not like Chernobyl where they sent in whoever they wanted, because they didnt care about the military's safety.

And if they build a sarcophagus, where will that lead?

Like duct tape on the space shuttles front end!

Grim times ahead.

Le

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 12:13:17 am »
For what it's worth, there is word out that it WASN'T an earthquake but a zionist plot.

http://www.naturalnews.com/032692_Fukushima_earthquake.html

http://members.beforeitsnews.com/story/1687/369/The_Argument_that_Fukushima_Was_Sabotaged.html

http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/fukushima1.html

http://johnchamer.com/?p=12

Best point made:  There was no damage to any buildings prior to the tsunami...  But other points are well made, too.  I dunno what to believe.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 01:41:23 am »
For what it's worth, there is word out that it WASN'T an earthquake but a zionist plot.

Okay so all those months we watched the earth move and Japan move 8 meters and the Earth changes its tilt because of that was all some Zionist plot?

WOW We are doomed then, because if they have the power to shift an island that much who knows what they can do

It also means that they have control of every seismic station in the world and can somehow fake after shocks for a whole year

Well you may believe what you wish, but I will stick with Earthquake :P

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 06:09:34 am »
Ya may have noticed My final statement there...  " I dunno what to believe."

But it is odd that for a quake of that magnitude to leave all buildings standing when other quakes of 6.5ish and about the same distance epicenter-wise leveled many...

And We DO know that the software was compromised.  Reactor 3 was reading "hunk-dory" well past the time it expired.

And there seems to be evidence that "big" cameras were installed by an Israeli company that approximated a small nuke in size...

I had not seen any reports of the island "shifting..."  Who is saying this?  Also, who is reporting the tilt change?

Many suggest that a nuke went off under water - which might then trigger "aftershocks..." - actual earthquakes.

I'm just saying that there are some mighty anomalous things - like 9/11 - that happened surrounding 3/11.  Including that HAARP had been powered up for 3 days prior...for whatever THAT's worth.

Spidy sense tells Me We don't have the whole story, especially with the uranium deal Japan had just signed with Iran...  Something more is afoot than just a happenstance of a very large quake.

So...   I dunno what to believe.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 06:29:12 am »
I would have to say that both of you, Amy and Zorgon, may be right.

Of course it was an earthquake, and of course there werent any damaged buildings until the Tsunami hit.

Of course the damage we see at the plant is concurrent with a hydrogen of nuclear explosion, and not altogether an earthquake, which the buildings were somewhat designed to resist.

But...is it possible there is an entity which has the power to cause an earthquake, and is it also possible there are scientists who could determine the best place for placement of an underwater nuke?

Yes and yes....big nukes, and geologists.

Now, WHY becomes the third shell, and I dont think were going to find the penny under it either.

Personally I chalk it up to poor engineering and bad luck.

Everything mechanical fails at some point, and tepco was just a ticking time bomb ripe for the pickins. Poor building standards, placement, and preparation, not to mention an apathetic view of what could really happen in a huge earthquake were probably to blame for most of the damage. :(

Or zionists...your choice. :o

Le

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 07:11:55 pm »
For what it's worth, Z and I both were very involved in the Fukushima event thread over at spookz; the earthquake was centered at Honshu, and yes, the facilities were supposedly engineered to withstand up to a mag 6 or 7 quake; yet I have sen eye witness reports (as Z reported on earlier) that the reactor vessel in plant 1 cracked during the quake; instant major disaster with no fix leading to meltdown; the subsequent explosion in #3 blew the top off the reactor vessel itself; exposed core and fuel rods, instant meltdown...

the entire world as we know it is going to suffer greatly from this, and without an immediate Alternative Three scenario We all are in the soup.

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 07:39:36 pm »
Ya may have noticed My final statement there...  " I dunno what to believe."

Trying to fix that  :D

But it is odd that for a quake of that magnitude to leave all buildings standing when other quakes of 6.5ish and about the same distance epicenter-wise leveled many...

not odd at all Japan lives with 4.6 to 6.o quakes daily. So their big buildings are on springs.

Japan earthquake, shaking high-rise building

[youtube]XqTNfNQjrug[/youtube]

And We DO know that the software was compromised.  Reactor 3 was reading "hunk-dory" well past the time it expired.
Yes Tepco lied about everything all along That was obvious

I had not seen any reports of the island "shifting..."  Who is saying this?  Also, who is reporting the tilt change?

Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet, shifted Earth's axis - CNN

The powerful earthquake that unleashed a devastating tsunami Friday appears to have moved the main island of Japan by 8 feet (2.4 meters) and shifted the Earth on its axis.

"At this point, we know that one GPS station moved (8 feet), and we have seen a map from GSI (Geospatial Information Authority) in Japan showing the pattern of shift over a large area is consistent with about that much shift of the land mass," said Kenneth Hudnut, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet, shifted Earth's axis - CNN

Japan Moves 8 Feet Over And 633 Points Down - Business Insider

How did Japan move 8 feet in the earthquake of March 11, 2011? Tohoku Fukushima Tsunami

[youtube]PT2lqmCIDck[/youtube]

The plate beneath Japan that cause this jump moved 15 to 50 meters the other way

Fukushima Earthquake Moved Seafloor Half a Football Field

The March 2011 Tohoku-Oki earthquake that decimated Japan and its Fukushima nuclear reactors with a monster tsunami altered the seafloor off the country’s eastern coast much more than scientists had thought. Analysis released today in the journal Science indicates the ocean bed moved as much as 50 meters laterally and 16 meters vertically. The magnitude 9.0 quake occurred close to the nearby Japan Trench that runs north to south in the Pacific Ocean (dark blue line on the map below).

Fukushima Earthquake Moved Seafloor Half a Football Field

Many suggest that a nuke went off under water - which might then trigger "aftershocks..." - actual earthquakes.

No not possible.  The seismic readings would not be the same nor would the aftershocks. And we have over 900 nukes that were set off in Nevada for data. The Nevada test site has more craters than the moon :P Conspiracy thinking is one thing but we are not going to throw common sense, logic and science out the door

Including that HAARP had been powered up for 3 days prior...for whatever THAT's worth.

That is worth nothing as HAARP doesn't have the range to reach Japan

Spidy sense tells Me We don't have the whole story, especially with the uranium deal Japan had just signed with Iran...  Something more is afoot than just a happenstance of a very large quake.

Well it is likely the plant had weapons grade plutonium on site and the Tepco mess is a coverup and lie, but the earthquake is natural and the tsunami is a direct result of that movement. It was a big tsunami because of the huge lateral shift

So...   I dunno what to believe.

Do you want to believe? or find answers? 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:46:28 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 08:01:52 pm »
yet I have sen eye witness reports (as Z reported on earlier) that the reactor vessel in plant 1 cracked during the quake; instant major disaster with no fix leading to meltdown; the subsequent explosion in #3 blew the top off the reactor vessel itself; exposed core and fuel rods, instant meltdown...

Trying to find that CTV interview Looks like its been taken down from the News site. I will have to go through all those pages and see if I can find the YT link

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:33:33 pm by zorgon »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2012, 08:06:18 pm »
Ok...  Let Us suppose CNN and SciAm were involved in the plot.  Oh, no, wait...  CNN is fully trustworthy and SciAm has never put bogus articles in Their publication.  So this is ruled out.

Um...

Eye-witnesses were in on the plot.  Oh, no. That surely wouldn't happen either - all the witnesses on, say, 9/11, spoke truth too.  Eye-witnesses are always to be believed.

[sigh]  It's not that I don't want to find answers - but after 9/11, and purely coincidental signing of agreements with Iran...  I dunno which expert, which eye-witness, to accept for answers.

So.  I dunno who or what to believe.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 08:39:42 pm »
Fine then the whole world is in on the plot, there is no such thing as plate movement and all the quakes happening right now in Japan and around the world as we speak are all HAARP related, PTB plots, nuclear bombs or false information

And all these the past few days are aftershocks of that nuclear device some claim over a year ago

30-JUN-2012 07:11:49    38.25    141.74    4.6    81.4    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
28-JUN-2012 07:41:17    41.00    143.04    4.1    47.9    HOKKAIDO, JAPAN REGION
28-JUN-2012 05:51:51    37.18    140.93    5.0    55.6    EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN
28-JUN-2012 04:55:15    36.73    140.84    4.1    47.6    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
27-JUN-2012 06:47:32    39.77    142.99    4.6    35.0    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
26-JUN-2012 13:42:28    37.72    144.91    4.6    30.2    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
26-JUN-2012 09:10:45    40.66    142.05    4.5    85.5    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
24-JUN-2012 12:37:56    36.79    142.13    4.5    4.7    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
24-JUN-2012 04:30:05    37.16    141.05    4.4    50.3    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
24-JUN-2012 01:29:14    38.87    141.95    4.8    39.1    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
22-JUN-2012 07:58:43    39.37    143.49    5.0    26.1    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
22-JUN-2012 01:08:44    39.44    143.52    4.1    26.1    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
21-JUN-2012 23:58:17    39.41    143.90    4.0    35.0    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
21-JUN-2012 23:12:51    37.29    142.11    4.4    35.0    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
21-JUN-2012 20:32:50    39.44    143.34    5.4    33.1    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
21-JUN-2012 02:00:03    39.43    143.26    4.7    32.7    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
20-JUN-2012 23:56:33    37.01    140.97    4.5    46.1    EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN
19-JUN-2012 22:28:47    37.63    141.63    4.8    32.5    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
17-JUN-2012 20:32:20    38.88    141.86    6.4    36.0    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
17-JUN-2012 16:20:19    39.20    143.03    4.2    33.4    OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
17-JUN-2012 07:13:15    36.15    140.01    4.6    52.5    NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

http://www.iris.edu/seismon/

Makes sense :D

For the rest of you here is that interview

Here it is on Daily Motion  it was CBC not CTV

Canadian Dan Ayotte gives his eyewitness account

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2012, 09:06:26 pm »
I never said there was no such thing as plate movement.  One question I might ask is, would it be possible to initiate a plate movement with a nuclear device?

It is helpful that it wasn't CNN, though.  [smile]

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]