collapse

Author Topic: GAMER"S >>> Check Destiny  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
GAMER"S >>> Check Destiny
« on: May 02, 2013, 03:16:47 pm »
Since we got a new TV here in the soma cave, me and the mrs think we may need a Bluray Player at some point for 1080p.

Anyway to cut a long story short on pondering which console to theoretically purchase I saw this Game on the Playstation 4 Website :O

http://au.playstation.com/ps4/

Explore the ancient ruins of our solar system, from the red dunes of Mars to the lush jungles of Venus. Defeat Earth's enemies. Discover all that we have lost. Become legend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwYPgVmRrv4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

What a cool story huh ?

Still nothing would beat a PRC directed game though.. but in the meantime that game looks pretty cool !

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
Re: GAMER"S >>> Check Destiny
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »
Don't play consoles but that looked interesting. Tough call on which console to get. I am speculating the XBOX720 might have slightly more powerful graphics processors. Personally I like the kinect sensor option and for me that would be a sell point.

Offline The Matrix Traveller

• Gold 253
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 05:41:53 pm »
Sounds like a good game there Soma....

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:25:38 pm »
Don't play consoles but that looked interesting. Tough call on which console to get. I am speculating the XBOX720 might have slightly more powerful graphics processors. Personally I like the kinect sensor option and for me that would be a sell point.

Yeah Ell its a tough call with all this speculation running around that the moment!

From what I am reading around Tech site's at the moment it seems the PS4 is going to be good for Gamers.  My stance is coming from someone who payed very close to a 1k AUD to buy the first PlayStation and never ventured into gaming on consoles afterwards, meaning I really have no idea LOL

Last gen consoles I would have got the xbox if I was inclined to game for the online service which M$ nailed really well from everyone I spoke to.  In this next revision it seems M$ may be in one of Intels Pentium 4 Daze.   

I do like the idea of having a console again hooked up to the TV so I can just plug and play and maybe play a few car racing games... and hopefully a new version of Wipeout which was an excellent "Antigrav" racing game back in the day!. This Destiny game looks pretty cool too!

If someone could get the rights to the Stargate Game that never happened I would be damn happy :D

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 12:27:04 pm »
Sounds like a good game there Soma....

Yeah Matrix the story sounds quite awesome.  I'm not sure if its a full FPS game or not though.  I tend to get stressed playing FPS games LOL

Offline Somamech

• Gold 337
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:30:26 pm »
Hehe Matrix!

I am watching the youtube video I posted of the new Destiny Game and couldn't help but LOL when i heard the story of the Traveller!

;D ;D ;D

Offline Ellirium113

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 335
  • We are here
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 07:54:34 am »
Yeah Ell its a tough call with all this speculation running around that the moment!

From what I am reading around Tech site's at the moment it seems the PS4 is going to be good for Gamers.  My stance is coming from someone who payed very close to a 1k AUD to buy the first PlayStation and never ventured into gaming on consoles afterwards, meaning I really have no idea LOL

Last gen consoles I would have got the xbox if I was inclined to game for the online service which M$ nailed really well from everyone I spoke to.  In this next revision it seems M$ may be in one of Intels Pentium 4 Daze.   

I do like the idea of having a console again hooked up to the TV so I can just plug and play and maybe play a few car racing games... and hopefully a new version of Wipeout which was an excellent "Antigrav" racing game back in the day!. This Destiny game looks pretty cool too!

If someone could get the rights to the Stargate Game that never happened I would be damn happy :D

Heh...I game mostly on PC...my upgrades are still cheaper than having to fork out cash for a new generation console every couple of years. I usually as a rule wait until technology nearly doubles that of power of my current system and then upgrade. By this time you can spend about 3/4 of the money and still get good hardware without the need to go top of the line and still have a powerful gaming setup. I find this is cheaper than buying consoles. Game titles are also cheaper on PC plus I love modding games so for me xbox and PS would really limit my fun there.
Games like Armed Assault 2 allow you to create nearly any sort of battle scenario you want with vast libraries of addon content and a robust mission editor.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkkQW15x4KA[/youtube]

Here is a basic mission...if you go to this site there is so much MORE you can inject into this game it's size is now over tripled on my hard drive from all the content I have added.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons

Only thing about this game in particular as it is not so much a game as it is a battlefield simulator.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56