collapse

Author Topic: conspiracy sites are dying  (Read 13853 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: conspiracy sites are dying
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 08:31:37 pm »
Another point on dying conspiracy sites

1)

The 'truth seekers' as Amy called therm move from one site to another mainly because when they are faced with truth, and that truth doesn't fit with their perceived truth, they move somewhere that sells and supports their pet version :D

ATS for example..

ATS started out as THE #1 UFO/Alien forum... it was their main ticket from the start.  Springer especially was gung ho on that topic... and it was him that was the main reason John and latter me got so much mileage at ATS....

Then Springer and ATS stepped it up a notch to go 'on the road' to San Jose UFO convention in 2007...

After that convention... (it was the biggest in the US) Springer realized that the UFO following was not really that large and most of the people at the event where... well Fruitcakes :P

Most of the vendors where more interested in hawking books, cds and healling gems and jewelry than seeking any 'truth'

So what started out as a new venture that would have led to me building a booth for ATS, ended up as an eye opener that it really wasn't worth the time

After that the YT hoaxes started dominating the UFO scene. Seasoned 'Whistle Blowers' caught UFO disease. UFO disease is where you tell any old story or follow any old story, just to keep your audience entertained.

Linda Howe is a prime example with her support of the Drones... Steven Greer went moth hunting at $1000.00 a pop,  Bob Dean supported two photos and really talked them up and they were obvious and proven artifacts. Dr Lier jumped on the Jerusalem UFO and Turkey UFO videos...

So in the end all those that SHOULD be in the lead, are just making it worse.

ATS got to the point that there was no NOTHING to sink teeth into... so why waste the time. I see know they are leaning more to political stuff.

The Alien UFO field has become a joke... and now in about 4 weeks all those selling 2012 end of the world books and cd's are going to have to face people and explain WTF happened.

Will they give refunds?  Do they already have an excuse ready? What will be the next date they give us?

Come Jan 01 2013... the conspiracy world will be the one that meets its doom.  With all the 2012 hype leading the way, there will be no credibility left for anyone, cept John and me, who never hopped on that wagon :P

THAT is why conspiracy sites are failing. The charlatans have a louder voice. They drown out any real truth seekers. And they have charisma, so you cannot say they are wrong without it coming back to bite you :D I already found that out when I said Nassim Haramein was a buffoon and a moron... but hey what do I know? He gets National Geographic to pay him for documentaries and gets to sell his faked stones for $75,000 each

So who is the real fool, eh?

::)

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »
conspiracy sites cannot die so easy because it always been amongst very instruments to manipulate public & collect some statistics  ;)
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 08:53:03 pm »
conspiracy sites cannot die so easy because it always been amongst very instruments to manipulate public & collect some statistics  ;)

True enough  CIA had agents in all the UFO groups in the early days :D

but back then there were some good stories to look at. Today its 99% BS

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2012, 10:20:47 pm »
agreed z.
linda howe is the perfect example of a ufo scammer.
she didnt write the book on it but she has it memorized.

thanks for the info on the programming.
did not know any of that except one time i did count like 18 cookies on ats.
what a freekin nightmare.
it takes maybe five seconds to download prc.
it takes 3 minutes to download ats on my phone.
by then im usually distracted by something else in the world.ie cats,my new bunnies,shiny things.
one good thing,ufo sightings are getting more prevalent.
its just a matter of time before the cats out of the bag.1947+75 years=2022.you old timers hold on for 9 more years,hopefully.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2012, 07:01:32 am »
Great thread.  Thanks for starting it OP.

I can remember from the first time I conversed with Z, many years ago, he said then that nothing would happen on Dec 21 2012.  I always remembered that and is probably the main reason why I am here, and not on those disinfo sites.

Thanks Z for that btw.

I totally agree that the internet is 99 percent garbage and 1 percent truth.  However do I regret sifting through to find the truth.  No way.  That 1 percent is well worth it.  Just like looking for gold in the hills.  Well worth it.

The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2012, 11:57:55 am »
Nice Posts Robo and Mic !

Although this planet seems to be in a constant mess and I am sure its meant to be that way for a reason anyone of us could speculate on...

It sure isnt as bad as the WW2 era right now.  That was a serious world war where Grandma's  were giving up their cooking pots for mortars and working in canning factorys to send the produce to the troops WTF   >:(

Raising the Vibration level of the planet is another pet peeve tonight... honestly please stop the madness.  Ride the Vibe I can dig... raise it though ?

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2012, 01:26:00 pm »
the important point of dec 21 2012 is that it marks or is supposed to mark, the end of the age, and the beginning of another.  these concepts are followed closely by masonic brotherhoods, as they believe in it, maintain it, and help to usher in the changes.  when an age ends, big $hit happens, usually related to restructuring of political lines, money, religion, and social orders.
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2012, 01:35:12 pm »
isnt it time we said enough.
doesnt the world deserve peace?
i say nuke the whole thing.
burn it to a crisp.
if humans cant get along then lets screw it.
i was born during vietnam and there has been some kinda war going on somewhere my entire life.
i think its time we ended this bs.
im talking mass killing spree .
nuke whole countries at a time.
the fallout cant be worse than the way were living now.
at least nukes consume most of their radiation.
it would probably help increase the iq of the humans who are left here.
im having a bad day as you can see.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2012, 01:43:23 pm »
Yeah, lets drop neutron bombs, nuke everyone, KILL KILL, please Nibiru, we're waitintg for you to hit.... or is it  an imaginary comet.  ::)

Fingers crossed, if you wish hard enough, maybe it really will be Doomsday.  Please, make it Doomsday.  When will Jesus coming to take a few of us and leave the rest to die?  He needs to be quick. :o

Offline Eighthman

• Gold 88
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2012, 01:55:42 pm »
My 2 cents.....

Yes, the Internet is loading up with crap.  And the world seems more Rashomon than ever. Still, I seek the true "Ali Aja" story.  Let me explain:

Years ago, some guy tried to kill the Pope. They took him in and he gave 4 or 5 different, contradictory stories that collectively made no sense.  The Wall Street Journal pointed out that ONE story he told made absolute sense: he was trained by the Bulgarians who were buddies with the KGB who wanted the Pope dead because he was undermining their rule over Poland.  This made sense but Ali Aja had already wrecked his own credibility with crazy stories.

My point?  The right balance of simple logic and intuition usually gets us to the truth - and I think that applies to UFO's.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 09:09:04 pm »
Globat ad is on the front page... we get referral fee if he uses that link ;)

They currently charge $4.44 a month. That gives you TRUE unlimited storage and traffic plus one domain name free and hosting several domains on the same account I have three currently.

The issues we had were not related to server errors, thought the FREE tech support is frustrating. They do have pay for tech service but its better you have your own tech on staff

The problem with forums is that they are PHP and that is easy to hack, whether its free like SMF script or top of the line. Remember that even ATS was hacked and they lost 8500 user id's and passwords

The problem is in the script.

Globat has MANY free to use scripts that automatically load into your account  BUT they do state that they are not support for third party programs (like the forum)

So yeah if he is looking have him check them out and tell them we sent him :D   I would like to see if that referral fee actually works :D

I'll contact Him and let Him know...  [smile]  Thanks!
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 09:11:15 pm »
isnt it time we said enough.
doesnt the world deserve peace?
i say nuke the whole thing.
burn it to a crisp.
if humans cant get along then lets screw it.
i was born during vietnam and there has been some kinda war going on somewhere my entire life.
i think its time we ended this bs.
im talking mass killing spree .
nuke whole countries at a time.
the fallout cant be worse than the way were living now.
at least nukes consume most of their radiation.
it would probably help increase the iq of the humans who are left here.
im having a bad day as you can see.

Humans can get along just fine when not fed propaganda which encourages war, hatred, bigotry, and other negative behaviors.  When not divided to conquer.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56