collapse

Author Topic: Does evolution actually exist?  (Read 5668 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Does evolution actually exist?
« on: August 10, 2012, 05:03:54 am »
I know this is probably going to get me into trouble with someone here; but I have to ask.

I'm not even talking about the entire concept here, in broad terms; I'm actually talking, more specifically, about the basic idea that something exists in a simpler form initially, and then changes into a more complex form later on.

The problem is, that the more I look, the more I'm finding what looks like evidence to me, that at least where complex life is concerned, that did not happen.  Mainstream paleontology and archaeology to me look a lot more like conspiracies; where they promote a particular narrative which is basically a complete lie, and then when evidence is found which contradicts said lie, they simply sweep it under the carpet or refuse to acknowledge it.

Look at ancient Egypt, though.  That culture didn't develop gradually; yes the monuments and so on had to be built at a certain point, but everything I'm reading says, that they had the same level of knowledge that we've always associated with them, right from the earliest information we've been able to find about them.

Babylon, same.  It might as well have sprung up out of the ground.  We didn't find anything suggesting a transition from a smaller, more rural civilisation.  It's just boom, a city's there suddenly.

It's the same with the animals.  Yes, we've found fossils which imply that simpler forms of contemporary animals existed once; but we don't have any means whatsoever of proving that contemporary species as we currently know them, did not exist simultaneously with said other forms.  It's often been said that the fossil record is incomplete, and unavoidably so.

Then I keep reading about out of place artifacts of various kinds, non-human (or only humanoid) skulls, and a mountain of other such stuff which just Does.  Not.  Fit. with what mainstream science expects us to believe.

I realise also, that that is the entire reason why my conflict with atheists and people from academia on ATS, was as angry and vicious as it was.  I feel betrayed, and truthfully I've felt like that for most of my life, ever since I first started reading about ufology and parapsychology in particular, and realising that a lot of people were having experiences which they could not comprehend, and did not correspond with the mainstream scientific model; and that rather than helping them, the supposed scientific authorities were simply dismissing them as insane, and covering what they said up.

I don't want coverups, mockery, derision, and lies.  I'm tired of those things.  I want the real truth.  I might be unqualified, but I'm not stupid; I have more faith in my own intelligence than virtually any atheist I've ever known, and I've realised that not having faith in their own intelligence, is usually one of the fundamental characteristics of atheism.  The idea is, that you're supposed to rely exclusively on what some other scientist says, because you're supposedly a drooling idiot, while they're not. 

Who made that decision, I wonder?
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

deuem

Re: Does evolution actually exist?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 05:33:13 am »
Evolution is going on around you all the time. Even bacteria evolve. The only real question is us and how it all started. Look at any island for evolution of animals and you will see it in a more drastic form. There as as many ideas as there are people. We have 4 choices as I see it. Fish, Monkeys, test tubes or resettled. Take your pick. If anyone really knows, they are not going to tell you.

We live on an egg planet. Earth, the egg planet. All life comes from them even fish. The scientist are good at scrambling egg genes so almost anything is possible.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 05:41:35 am »
Precisely the conundrum which draws many of us into this world of wonder...we ask what the hel! is going on on this world, and with disbelief we look at our science community, like a child who couldnt find a toy in his toybox, so he decides it never existed!

(Its in their somewhere..Einstein!)

When we look at the different levels of civilization from around 6000 BC to today, we do see a progression, yet at some point the civilization whch built the many megaliths and other sites was as advanced as us, even more so, and the way they lived was more of a natural way...with the Earth and its creatures.

We have several forms of evolution as a race of people, and the first is of course..a social evolution. We learn to first distrust and kill our fellow man for whatever petty reasons such as religion or skin color, and wallow in this idiotic state for a while, then as we learn tolerance and love, we progress forward into a new age where everyone comes together and is in harmonic resonance, with mind and soul.

Our current civilization is still in the first stages of this evolution now. Killing, hating, distrusting over petty sh!t. Were children in the timeline of evolution socially.

Then you have the physical evolution...where the radiation from the sun and other sources shift and trandform our DNA through mutations, and new traits which allow us to adapt to our surroundings, yet appear to be the same on the outside.

(well, maybe a little on the outside)

There have been many studies done which show subtle changes in man's DNA has occured over the last 8000 years, but so subtle we dont really see them.

Then we have the holy grail of evolution...or in my opinion deevolution.
Our Mental evolution which in the case of most humons is a quagmire of disinformation and ignorance of how the universe really works.

(deevolution...at its finest!)

I firmly believe we as a people and world, although we are going forward (or are we?) in physical and social evolution, are seriously regressing mentally.

In the last 2000 years or so, we have seen so may instances of backwards thinking and idiocy, we are effectively becoming the ancient mental cavemen we once were mentally, while experiencing changes physically, that soon our minds and bodies will part ways, and we will be a race of advanced idiots, incapable of thinking for ourselves, and wallowing in our lemming like state..over the proverbial cliff.

So, we move two steps forward, one step back...closer to the cliff with each three steps.

Evolution?

Deevolution is more like it...but thats a cynical viewpoint..we're such a special people, we have the wherewithal to do something about it, and as most of us here on PRC and other forums, we decide for ourselves what we really are at this point and where we need to be.

(Ah, mental freedom through resonance!)

Some of us just have the open minds it takes to see the future as filled with hope and furtherment of mankind's quest to be where he was when those pyramids were built, or Atlantis ruled the Earth, and those of us who do, will hopefully outnumber the ones who wish to perpetuate the ridiculous world we live in today.

So many levels of Evolution, and balanced with the "step back" which so many people wish to keep taking....it's to decide to never step back again when we can say we have evolved..and that, sadly, is quite a ways from our grasp right now.

Now Im going fishing...yes, a primitive pastime, but as a recently evolved caveman..I feel a need to catch my dinner!;)

(My fishing skills are evolving at least!)

Good thread, Petrus, I certainly hope everyone jumps on board here and we can discuss this at length!

Dave
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 05:47:11 am »
The scientist are good at scrambling egg genes so almost anything is possible.

So basically our scientists are as evolved as a short order cook...over easy please mr scientist!LOL!

I think our eggs have been changed by someone in one way or another many times over, Dueum. Good point!

Le

Offline COSMO

• Gold 157
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 06:05:35 am »
Some say it is intelligent design, some say evolution.  I think it could be intelligent evolution.  There may be an ability in living organisms to be aware of their environment in such a way that it affects cellular activity and DNA, producing offspring that are more attuned to their environment.  Today's kid may be an example.  Some seem to have an innate understanding of digital technology.  Maybe that is the purpose of our "junk" DNA?  It has been shown that DNA can communicate across a distance, maybe by something similar to quantum entanglement so maybe it is getting signals from the outside world of the larger organism.  I think the theory that is is random mutations does not give enough credit to the life force, the ability of a living organism to more rapidly adapt to their environment than can be explained by random factors.  But life does evolve......or devolve.

:D ;D ;)
And you may ask yourself
Well...How did I get here?

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 06:15:28 am »
Some of us just have the open minds it takes to see the future as filled with hope and furtherment of mankind's quest to be where he was when those pyramids were built, or Atlantis ruled the Earth, and those of us who do, will hopefully outnumber the ones who wish to perpetuate the ridiculous world we live in today.

I think for me, this is the point.  I absolutely can believe in forward development; but I think my point of difference, is that to me it looks more as though history is cyclic.  In other words, people grow, and develop, and form great societies, and then those societies decay and fall, and the whole process repeats itself. 

The mainstream evolutionary idea, on the other hand, seems to focus more on the idea of a straight line.  They would apparently have you believe that it wasn't possible for the people who built the pyramids to know something that we don't.  That not only has our current level of development never happened before, but it only moves one way; into the future.  There also, as I've mentioned, seems to be a tendency to cover up or hide any evidence which comes along, which might contradict the linear idea.

I need to try not to be angry about that fact, I think.  Anger is unproductive, and only alienates people; but it really is hard for me not to be angry about it.  I think it's because I feel as though we have been taught and raised with this narrative, which is largely at odds with the way things really are, and the fact that people believe in that narrative about the past, is the reason why they're also willing to accept the negative things about the present.

So many levels of Evolution, and balanced with the "step back" which so many people wish to keep taking....it's to decide to never step back again when we can say we have evolved..and that, sadly, is quite a ways from our grasp right now.

Can we actually do that, though?  I wasn't sure if that was possible.  I had started thinking that reaching the heights developmentally, and then falling back down again, was like the progression of the seasons; so we're at a good stage of development during one season or period, and then civilisation becomes more dormant again during another one.  Maybe that is too imbalanced in the direction of the circular interpretation though.  I don't know.

I appreciate the fact that I have not been attacked in response to making this thread, as well.  I'm glad we are able to talk about this.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 07:32:36 am »
Your a wise man, Petrus, one of the ones who will be revered in another thousand years, as the free thinking revolutionary you are.

It CAN be a near perfect world, it just needs to reach that tipping point!

And, Idiocracy is one of my favorite movies!! You hit than nail on the head!

I wish you gents well, as I try to conquer the beast of the sea!(my mother in law!Jes kidding!!!:D)
Cheers
le

Offline Pimander

• Global Moderator
  • Gold 368
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 08:36:54 am »
In short, evolution is real and happens by natural selection.  However, there are other mechanisms for evolution/development.  This applies to evolution of species or many other things.

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 01:35:36 pm »
Your a wise man, Petrus, one of the ones who will be revered in another thousand years, as the free thinking revolutionary you are.

While I appreciate the compliment, LE, I've actually been thinking about this for the past day or so.  Unfortunately, I not only haven't done anything which would cause me to become that memorable, but I don't really know how to do anything which would produce that sort of result in the future, I don't think.  I'm trying to learn; but that hasn't translated into great acts...at least not yet.

Most people who become really great, do so from their immediate youth.  I'm nearly 36 now.  The opinion of most in my family, is generally that if I was going to do anything worthwhile, I probably would have already...or at least started it.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Primus58

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 01:43:31 pm »
Most people who become really great, do so from their immediate youth.  I'm nearly 36 now.  The opinion of most in my family, is generally that if I was going to do anything worthwhile, I probably would have already...or at least started it.

In infinity, what is youth? Age means nothing, you are most likely on the verge of your most worthwhile work here on earth... but that's just another opinion, I'm sure the possibilities are staggering! :)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 02:08:22 pm »
While I appreciate the compliment, LE, I've actually been thinking about this for the past day or so.  Unfortunately, I not only haven't done anything which would cause me to become that memorable, but I don't really know how to do anything which would produce that sort of result in the future, I don't think.  I'm trying to learn; but that hasn't translated into great acts...at least not yet.

I understand your viewpoint, Petrus, but dont ever sell yourself short, though! After reading some of your thoughts and ideas, Id say as Woody posed, youre not even at your apex yet!

Waht it takes for greatness is different for everybody and when you think about being 36...youve got many decades ahead of quality learning and sharing, more than enough for your name to be felt as more than just a ripple, but a great wave of tsunami strength.

As Picard said so eloquently..Make It So number one, and you have every tool to do it.

What is funny is, even if you dont achieve greatness yourself, one phrase you put out there may completely change someone's thinking or path, and thats a tsunami that can grow and grow.

Every word you share has the chance of being the one which pushes the envelope, so dont ever think youll not be an important part of society, because you will.

Keep your nose to the grindstone, even if it seems futile at times, right now you are sowing the seed for your future, 36 or not, so fertilize it well, and water it daily, and youll be surprised what blooms wil prevail!

Evolve as you will, into the tree you deserve to become, Petrus, and make that mark on the worlds minds, which is so important in the collective!

Best to you, Petrus!
Dave

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 02:44:57 pm »
we have a little misconception about this term.  each biological kind has own BGM (bank of genetic modifications), BGM is depended upon speed of breeding, volume of accessible food & energetic efficiency. so the greater BGM makes the greater chance to survive. in short, Mother-Nature uses brute force to find out the most stable state at given conditions :)
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 03:05:43 pm »
Its REALLY very SIMPLE

The Universe created itself by vibration which created matter and thus life...

This set in motion evolution of that matter and that life

It works like this...

The sun is a ball of Hydrogen, the simplest atom 1 proton(=) 1 neutron(n) 1 electron(-)
As the sun evolves from birth to death, it uses up it's hydrogen into ever increasing complex atoms

Vibration is a wave form... below is a simple basic one it has a Positive cycle(+) a Neutral point(n) and a Negative cycle(-)

Life started out with a simple one cell organism... in fact YOU started out as a single cell, that just like the single atom of hydrogen on the sun, evolved into what you are today

Along the course of evolution after creation.... there is a tendency to add NOISE to the process

This noise distorts the pure form and is the cause of changes and mutations. Some noise is beneficial, others destructive. Frequency and resonance complete the package.

If the package is properly TUNED you have harmony in nature, in sound and in body, mind,and  spirit. If the package is NOT IN TUNE you will have chaos, mutations and destruction

So you start with creation  then switch to evolution  and somewhere in the middle these guys popped in to mess with your genes and speed things up :P

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »
Keep your nose to the grindstone, even if it seems futile at times, right now you are sowing the seed for your future, 36 or not, so fertilize it well, and water it daily, and youll be surprised what blooms wil prevail!

Evolve as you will, into the tree you deserve to become, Petrus, and make that mark on the worlds minds, which is so important in the collective!

Thank you, Dave.  At the moment, I'm really trying to learn about some of the technology of the ancient Egyptians.  Apparently they manually used the same form of mathematics that our computers do.

[youtube]Ih1ZWE3pe9o[/youtube]

I've also been playing the computer game Minecraft a lot over the last year or so; and it might seem surprising, but that is actually being used as a means of reminding people of alchemy.  A couple of people have added mechanics to that game, which essentially allow you to build machines, which transmute a given item into another, of equivalent value.  Someone else also added a minor simulation of harmonics, or energy flow.  So it's interesting watching these little hints materialise, in the public consciousness.
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 03:40:39 pm »
f the package is properly TUNED you have harmony in nature, in sound and in body, mind,and  spirit. If the package is NOT IN TUNE you will have chaos, mutations and destruction

So you start with creation  then switch to evolution  and somewhere in the middle these guys popped in to mess with your genes and speed things up :P

I'm now going to make another thread about Egyptian mathematics, because it doesn't really belong here; but I did want to acknowledge this post of Zorgon's, as well.  Thank you, Zorgon. :D
        — Abbie Hoffman

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Official John Lear Tin Foil Hat $19.99

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]