collapse

Author Topic: our money problems are over  (Read 11405 times)

sky otter

our money problems are over
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »

now i know you guys out close to this will be reporting in shorty with the story of you
finding the loot...almost makes me want to take a trip..almost.. ;)
pictures and embedded links at the original link

maybe we need a pm section to work out the clues ;) 8)

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/02/27/17103863-want-to-find-his-hidden-treasure-worth-millions-head-outdoors?lite

Millionaire hides treasure for you to find
Forrest Fenn put a treasure chest filled with millions of dollars in gold coins, diamonds & emeralds in a secret spot three years ago with two goals in mind.

Want to find his hidden treasure worth millions? Head outdoors

By Erika Angulo, TODAY
A New Mexico multimillionaire wants you to get off the couch and go searching for hidden treasure.

Forrest Fenn, 82, believes too many Americans spend their free time watching TV or playing video games. He hopes the bounty he hid — a chest filled with millions of dollars in gold coins, diamonds and emeralds, among other gems — will prompt some to explore the outdoors. "Get your kids out in the countryside, take them fishing and get them away from their little hand-held machines," he told TODAY.

Read these clues to find Forrest Fenn's treasure
http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/02/27/17120870-follow-these-clues-to-find-forrest-fenns-treasure?lite

Fenn hid the chest in a secret spot three years ago with two goals in mind: Getting people to fall in love with America's scenic trails and passing on what he calls the "thrill of the chase," something he has experienced over more than seven decades of hunting for rare objects.

"The Thrill of the Chase" is also the title of Fenn's self-published autobiography, which contains an unusual map to the treasure, a poem with 9 clues in it. "Begin it where warm waters halt, and take it in the canyon down, not far, but too far to walk," reads part of the poem. (On Wednesday morning, Fenn's site crashed after TODAY featured his story.)

Santa Fe jeweler Marc Howard has gone searching for the treasure 20 times. "If you read the poem, you'll go, 'Oh my God, how am I gonna find it from this?" said Howard, who makes custom engagement rings. He plans to use the bounty for designing new jewels. "What could a goldsmith want, but free rein with gold?"

Review the full text of the poem here http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/02/27/17120870-follow-these-clues-to-find-forrest-fenns-treasure?lite

The chest, weighing in at over 40 pounds, contains items Fenn has accumulated over more than seven decades of a life that reads like an adventure novel. His love for rare artifacts started at the age of 9, when he discovered a Native American arrowhead near his hometown of Temple, Texas. The son of a teacher, Fenn struggled with his grades and after graduation chose the Air Force over college.

"I couldn't see myself sitting in a classroom for four more years," Fenn said. During the Vietnam War, he flew hundreds of missions and said he was shot down twice, in South Vietnam and again in Laos. Even while fighting, the highly decorated pilot didn’t surrender the search for rare objects, flying to Pompeii in his off-time to find artifacts.

Twenty years later, he came out of the Air Force with a pension that helped him feed his family, but it was in dealing artifacts and art that he grew his savings into a fortune.

In the 1970s, the father of two opened Fenn Gallery on Paseo de Peralta in Santa Fe. The family slept on a mattress on the floor, but eventually moved into a house complete with a home office for his objects, made by Southwestern tribes that he either dug up himself or purchased. "I never went to college, I never studied business, I never studied art," said Fenn in his studio, surrounded by perfectly organized rows of leather moccasins, pottery, beaded dolls and book-filled shelves. "I had imagination, I had guts that made my imagination worth something to me and I was willing to work."

Story: Teen's chilly 10-mile trek for a job leads to Internet fame

TODAY

Fenn in his "vault," where he keeps prized pieces.
In 1988, Fenn was at the top of his career as an art dealer, with clients including Ralph Lauren, Robert Redford and Suzanne Somers, when he received devastating news: He had advanced kidney cancer. His diagnosis showed he had only a 20 percent chance of surviving the next three years.

So Fenn started to consider his legacy.

He worked on his clue-poem for years, and took his time collecting items to put in the chest. When he felt the treasure was complete and he was strong enough to carry it, he buried it.

"After I hid the treasure I walked back to my car feeling very proud of myself and laughing out loud," he said. "I asked, 'Forrest, did you really do that?' There have never been any regrets. Now it is for the ages and a big part of me in that treasure chest. I felt it go in as I closed the lid for the last time."

Story: Man wins $7.2 million on slots in friend's memory after funeral

Fenn's passion for collecting hasn't been without controversy. In 2009, federal agents raided his home as part of an operation tracking Native American artifacts that may have been illegally obtained. Fenn was never charged. "Out of thousands of objects (the agents) seized four artifacts, none of which were shown to be illegal," said Fenn's attorney Peter Schoeneburg.   

TODAY

Forrest Fenn reads some of the nearly 7,500 emails he's received from treasure hunters hoping for a hint.
Advertise | AdChoicesToday, the hunt for his treasure has attracted an international following. Fenn has received close to 7,500 emails on the subject. Some ask for guidance on whether to use a metal detector. Others thank him for inspiring a family vacation. One man who said his son always needs a tangible reward, like a milkshake, to go on outings, wrote "thanks for dangling a slightly more attractive offer in front of him to get him out with his old man again."

Some wonder if there is a treasure at all. But Howard, the jeweler, who knows Fenn well, sees no reason to question the collector's word. "Forrest is one of the most honest men I know," he said. "If he says he did something, he did it."

Another believer is filmmaker Dal Neitzel, who has traveled more than a thousand miles in his search, clues in hand. He has even plunged into freezing waterfalls because part of the poem reads “There’ll be no paddle up your creek, Just heavy loads and water high.”   

Nietzel and Howard alone have fulfilled Fenn's goal of getting more people to fall in love with
the outdoors. “What drags me out here is the beauty,” says Nietzel. “I’ve seen places I never would have seen.” Howard said his hikes have also taken him to places he would have never visited otherwise. "It's seeing America in the different light, he said. "It's bald eagles flying overhead and big horn sheep on the side of a mountain. It's all those things."

More Good News: Follow these clues to find Forrest Fenn's treasure!
Backpacker reunited with photos after Internet campaign to find her
Boy, 7, spreads message for suicidal soldiers: 'Ask for help'.

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/02/27/17103863-want-to-find-his-hidden-treasure-worth-millions-head-outdoors?lite

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/02/27/17120870-follow-these-clues-to-find-forrest-fenns-treasure?lite
Follow these clues to find Forrest Fenn's treasure!New Mexico multimillionaire Forrest Fenn is excited about having you find a treasure worth millions — and apparently you are, too.

After tantalizing viewers with promises of riches on TODAY on Wednesday, traffic surged on Fenn's website as people sought to read a poem he wrote that contains nine important clues. His site crashed, so we wanted to give you the full text of the poem on TODAY.com.

Want to find his hidden treasure worth millions? Head outdoors

Here is the poem from "The Thrill of the Chase," Fenn's self-published autobiography:

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is drawing ever nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

Happy hunting!

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
Re: our money problems are over
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:37 pm »
lol not doing that to myself, ever again
i was in one of these treasure hunts before   in fact, more than one.  you don't even want to know the stuff that happened lol
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline starwarp2000

• Ollam Fodhla
  • Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 151
  • Omnes Tuum Bases
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 10:34:04 pm »
lol not doing that to myself, ever again
i was in one of these treasure hunts before   in fact, more than one.  you don't even want to know the stuff that happened lol

hahahahaha  :D
Were fairly broad-minded here Undo... Fire away.
I promise i won't blush  ;D
Sit down before fact like a small child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature lead, or you will learn nothing. —T. H. Huxley

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:34:32 pm »
So we have a plastic tackle box buried under rocks in a waste high pool in bear country of a new mexico mountain with a ravine.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:40:22 pm »
High altitude trout stream?

Dumbledore

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:03:45 pm »
High altitude trout stream?

probably in his garage lol
JOIN THE GAME!
Are you a programmer or 3d modeler?  We need you here: http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum1/index.php?topic=530.0

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:32 pm »
hahahahaha  :D
Were fairly broad-minded here Undo... Fire away.
I promise i won't blush  ;D

just, well, no lol

anyway, i worked on a treasure hunt called

MASQUERADE by KIT WILLIAMS 
http://bunnyears.net/kitwilliams/

also one called

TREASURE IN SEARCH OF THE GOLDEN  HORSE by DR. CRYPTON. 
http://www.treasuresolution.com/

and one called

TREASURE IN SEARCH OF UNDERSTANDING by THE WHITE RABBIT

and one called

THE MILLION DOLLAR PUZZLE (i had the correct solution but my partner disagreed and sent his own soloution in instead, 4 guys won it, right after that)

and i worked off and on on one called

MERLIN MYSTERY
http://www.treasureclub.net/publichunts/merlinmystery/

and one called

THE MAZE by CHRISTOPHER MANSON
http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbxroads/maze/

the people who make up these puzzles are crazier than all of us here, put together.  lol

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:26:34 pm by undo11 »
JOIN THE GAME!

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 11:28:45 pm »
I think its simple.im sure thats just crazy talk.after reflection.there are no grizz in new mexico.its part of old range.so what i did was goog what i thought were the clues.
cant paddle-stepped waterfall
Blaze-trout or flowers
waste high water-trout pool
home of brown-where grizz currently range
too far to walk-gotta climb
Go down in canyon-grand canyon?not alot of canyons in usa.maybe yellowstone.
Its a trail that has a cold stream pour into warm water.again grand canyon has warm water but i dont know about high altitudes or trout.or brown bear .
I wish i had a way to ovèrlay maps but i think grizzlies is the key.

Dumbledore

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 11:35:45 pm »
All good and fine - but One must have things like...oh, say, a car, a way to feed Oneself, and stuff like that.  It's clearly rigged against the poor who REALLY need it.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

sky otter

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 11:40:35 pm »

send your robot..

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 12:00:55 am »
That was a burn .sky o my.
Pmanduh does it to me often.ooooooh

Robot.good one.

Amy we love you.

Dumbledore

Offline undo11

• Creator of game worlds
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 226
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 01:08:26 am »
oh and i also worked on this one

QUEST: A ZETETIC TREASURE HUNT by MARTIN LAMBOURNE

http://www.treasureclub.net/publichunts/quest/index.html
JOIN THE GAME!

sky otter

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 08:01:26 am »
wow Undo

and i thought i was doing good  by solving  the  The Da Vinci Code WebQuests back in the day

;D      8)

i don't know if it is still available or not but it was fun

yeah.. found it..

Original Official Promotional WebQuestsThe original Da Vinci Code web quest challenges were first made available via the website of the book's author, Dan Brown, as part of a promotional campaign, and both remain hosted on the publisher's website (RandomHouse.com).

In January 2004, it was announced on the live television program Good Morning America that hundreds of thousands of people had participated in the original challenge, and that 40,000 people had successfully completed it.
 Though the official "prize" was given out at that time, the web versions of the quests were never closed, and have remained active ever since. The original version [1] involved deciphering a series of cryptic clues at the publisher's website.
 Those wishing to solve the quests were required to examine the U.S. version of the book's dustcover jacket, and to search the web to learn the answers to certain questions or clues. The second Da Vinci Code WebQuest, titled "Uncover The Code", followed a similar style. [2]

2003 Webquests (both run by Dan Brown's publisher Random House, Inc.[3] ) :
- Original Da Vinci Code WebQuest
- Second Da Vinci Code WebQuest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da_Vinci_Code_WebQuests
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:08:14 am by sky otter »

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 08:32:21 am »
Yea i got the davinci code back then.i didnt know about the game.i personally enjoyed the artwork that takes a word and makes it where the word can be read upside down or right side up. I don't know what it's called but I thought it was cool.
 Do you remember the gold rabbit 1. the quest for a gold rabbit. they found it buried in a cemetery. I think.

Dumbledore

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »
Hey did you folks see where he did this because he was diagnosed with terminal cancer?

After he did it the cancer has gone away!  He has a clean bill of health.  He has no regrets and the offer still stands.

http://www.today.com/video/today/50970374#50970374
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:47:06 pm by micjer »
The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter