collapse

Author Topic: TEPCO now estimate that four times as much Cesium was released as at Chernobyl  (Read 11729 times)

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/T120523005514.htm

TEPCO estimate sees more radiation than NISA's
The Yomiuri Shimbun

Tokyo Electric Power Co. has estimated the total amount of radioactive substances discharged from its Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant measured 760,000 terabecquerels, 1.6 times the estimate released by the Economy, Trade and Industry Ministry's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency in February.

One terabecquerel is equal to 1 trillion becquerels.

TEPCO will include the estimate in a final report to be compiled by an in-house accident investigation committee in June. The firm has also begun explaining how it arrived at the figure to local governments in Fukushima Prefecture.

There are two ways to estimate the amount of discharged radioactive substances. One way is to base calculations on the degree of damage to the reactor core. The other is to reverse calculate based on the density of radioactive substances found in the atmosphere and seawater. As a result, there will be differences in estimates depending on how the figures were obtained.

NISA released an estimate of 770,000 terabecquerels in June last year, and another estimate of 480,000 terabecquerels in February. The Cabinet Office's Nuclear Safety Commission released an estimate of 570,000 terabecquerels in August last year.

TEPCO combined the two methods and repeated its calculations under different conditions. It reached a final estimate of 400,000 terabecquerels of iodine-131 and 360,000 terabecquerels of cesium-137.

The amount of radioactive substances discharged in the Chernobyl accident in 1986 was 5.2 million terabecquerels.

"As there wasn't enough available data immediately after the disaster, estimates can differ substantially if conditions change, even just a little," said Prof. Hideo Yamazaki at Kinki University, an expert in environmental analysis. "The discharged amount of radioactive substances increased, but the figure is within the assumed margin of error. There will be no problems in continuing decontamination work and other measures."

(May. 24, 2012)
Time is the fire in which we burn.

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_effects_from_Fukushima_Daiichi_nuclear_disaster#Caesium-137

Over the course of the disaster, Chernobyl put out a total of 85,000 TBq of caesium-137.[11] However, later reporting on 12 April estimated total caesium releases at 6,100 TBq to 12,000 TBq, respectively by NISA and NSC – about 2–4 kg.

In other words, the new numbers show that Fukushima put out 4 times the amount of Caesium-137 that Chernobyl put out, and more than 36 times the amount of some of the previous estimates.

Fukushima has turned into a far bigger disaster than the nuclear lobby wanted us to believe.

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Frankly, I think They're still low-balling it.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
I believe nothing TEPCO says anymore.  They've proven their interests are self serving, their statements media manipulative.  They are Data Non Grata.  I'll look to 3rd party verification.

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
For the record -   We're talking 5 magnitudes of difference between what was the first official statement, and current assessment.  (because third parties are filling in holes.)

5 magnitudes.   5.    Five.   

That's not an "Oops."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
When They announced it was only...what was it...1/10th as bad as Chernobyl?  Something ridiculous like that.  I laughed.  I sat there thinking...  They have GOT to be kidding Me!  No WAY one reactor with normal fuel is 1/10th (or whatever it was) as bad as FOUR, one running MOX.

I guess They thought We were that stupid.  But the media, with straight faces, told Us that.  And there was no uproar of incredulity.  So...  Either We kept Our incredulity to Ourselves...or We really ARE that stupid!

Been waiting over a year for the REAL truth to come out.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
When They announced it was only...what was it...1/10th as bad as Chernobyl?  Something ridiculous like that.  I laughed.  I sat there thinking...  They have GOT to be kidding Me!  No WAY one reactor with normal fuel is 1/10th (or whatever it was) as bad as FOUR, one running MOX.

I guess They thought We were that stupid.  But the media, with straight faces, told Us that.  And there was no uproar of incredulity.  So...  Either We kept Our incredulity to Ourselves...or We really ARE that stupid!

Been waiting over a year for the REAL truth to come out.

Greetings:

And we have been sounding the alarm for over a year now.

We will return with our calculations of the radiation releases from Dai-ichi forthwith, should anyone be interested. TEPCO cannot be trusted with anything that they release (pun) as 'information.'

Considering the response (or lack thereof) to our threads here at TLM regarding the crisis at Fukushima, perhaps Zorgon was right:

No one cares...

However, in our continuing quest for the truth, we humbly offer this: America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

And this:

Fukushima Tsunami Meltdown Debris Field ETA America Summer 2012 ?

And this:

Red Herring...

And this:

[youtube]2IpT6ccDs0c[/youtube]

Peace Love Light
tfw
Liberty & Equality or Revolution
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:31:07 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
Frankly, I think They're still low-balling it.
Sad, how we suffer at the hands of a bunch of criminally insane leaders.
Someday they will pay the ultimate price for their evil, and we can stand by and say..."oh it doesnt look that painful, dont worry about it guys its just a flesh wound!"as their souls are torn apart and fed to a black hole!
Ouch!
Le
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
I tweeted the link to the first Alpha Tango Spookz article, Thor.  Excellent piece!

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
We are stupid, eh?
Unfortunately the non stupid ones such as...gasp..US, arent powerful enough in today's society to overcome the hubris of our leaders and their need for nukes.

i went to a concert recently with all the lights and half million watt sound systems, and thought, Im tiny, and my little solid state generator is so insignificant compared to all this energy being used here, how will I ever make a difference?

I guess its like the wright brothers, when they watched a bird and thought, how will we ever do that?
Of course we know how that turned out, so I will have hope and make effort until my last breath, to change the dogma we wallow in for energy.

It isnt nukes though, as Im sure a dozen other eras of man's dna have figured out, and lost since earth's formation, and there is a missing link, for lack of a better term, we MUST find and apply to become a truly clean society at one with our Mother Earth

One question...do we all wear robes like those guys on Star Trek do, on that planet where everyone is happy and comfortable, cause I look ridiculous in a robe!
Cheers!...and still stupid:D
Littleenki

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Surely We can find a good cut of a robe for You, Dave, but yes, it will be the fourth Law: Every Being MUST wear a robe.  [grin]

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
Surely We can find a good cut of a robe for You, Dave, but yes, it will be the fourth Law: Every Being MUST wear a robe.  [grin]
Well,Amy, I will have to say we are going to love those robes, and who will accompany us in our quest for clean living?
Robe-bots of course!LOL!:D
Le

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Robe-bots! ROFL!

Ok. Back to the more serious stuff.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
Robe-bots! ROFL!

Ok. Back to the more serious stuff.
Indeed, Amy! Some serious stuff that Cesium is.
http://www.mercola.com/article/irradiated/nuclear_lunch.htm

It seems thats what they use to irradiate our food these days....God save us!

Whatever cesium's effects are, beyond food use, are clear. Its a dangerous isotope, and has no place in any of our lives!

When will they stop putting radiation everywhere, and why do they so love to feed it to us? Never, Id guess, as for some reason we are being spoon fed the S&%t on a daily basis, and now that we have decided we dont want it in our food, heck, theyll just let a nuke plant leak for a few years and that should do it!

We are an ass backwards race, us humans, and the thoughts and ideas that come from our corrupt and mindless leaders are a sign of how bad we need to change our footprint on the planet. Im ashamed to be human, after seeing how my fellow humans have raised this child of a civilization, and hopefully the next human dna chain will have a fix in it for such stupidity and hubris towards our planet.

Just bakin in the sun, another source of radiation...Oh No!!
Littleenki

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
    • T.A.P. - You're It
Indeed, Amy! Some serious stuff that Cesium is.
http://www.mercola.com/article/irradiated/nuclear_lunch.htm

It seems thats what they use to irradiate our food these days....God save us!

Whatever cesium's effects are, beyond food use, are clear. Its a dangerous isotope, and has no place in any of our lives!

When will they stop putting radiation everywhere, and why do they so love to feed it to us? Never, Id guess, as for some reason we are being spoon fed the S&%t on a daily basis, and now that we have decided we dont want it in our food, heck, theyll just let a nuke plant leak for a few years and that should do it!

We are an ass backwards race, us humans, and the thoughts and ideas that come from our corrupt and mindless leaders are a sign of how bad we need to change our footprint on the planet. Im ashamed to be human, after seeing how my fellow humans have raised this child of a civilization, and hopefully the next human dna chain will have a fix in it for such stupidity and hubris towards our planet.

Just bakin in the sun, another source of radiation...Oh No!!
Littleenki

No, LE, We are NOT a backwards race.  We Humans are beautiful.  The puppet masters - who are likely NOT Human - who mind control Us, fluoridate Us, propagandize Us, chemtrail Us, EM radiate Us, and cesium radiate Us - want most of Us dead and the few spared as Their slaves.  They want this planet for Themselves, and pull the strings of the "leaders."  Humans are NOT in control.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]