collapse

Author Topic: police or zombies ?  (Read 5920 times)

sky otter

police or zombies ?
« on: October 23, 2011, 07:07:31 am »
i read this in horror but it makes me wonder if the police are given something to freeze their thinking ability when they put on a uniform..or are they hypnotised or what the F...is up with how they jump so fast on any little thing
maybe the word is out that bad guys dance now... ::)

Police Pepper Spray Haka Dancers At Football Game In Utah

i know i can't post the whole article here so here are a few parts

ROOSEVELT, Utah -- Police in a small Utah town are being accused of overreacting after using pepper spray to break up a group of Polynesian men and boys performing a traditional dance called the Haka after a high school football game.

The police action came after a pair of officers unsuccessfully attempted to disperse the dozen or so performers who were blocking an exit

A form of the Haka has been popularized by rugby players in New Zealand who chant, beat their chests and gesture aggressively before matches.

The group in Roosevelt, a town of 8,000, had traveled about 125 miles east from the Salt Lake City area to watch a relative play his final game for Union, which lost to rival Uintah and finished the season without a victory.

The group reportedly was trying to boost Union's morale with the Haka as the players left the field.

Spectators, coaches and players told police that everything was fine and they should let the men perform, Jessica Rasmussen said, but officers asked them to make room and started using pepper spray.

Rasmussen said she and other bystanders also got spray in their eyes, ears and mouths.

Union fan Jason Kelly said the way police reacted was an embarrassment to the community of Roosevelt.

"I've never seen anything like it," Kelly said. "It was totally unprovoked."

Spectator Shawn Mitchell said while he didn't view the dancers as a threat, the impromptu performance might have played a role in how police responded.

"If they're going to do something like (the Haka), maybe some planning could be done ahead of time," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/22/police-pepper-spray-haka-utah_n_1026963.html

i guess if you want to do anything in public anymore you need to notify you police... :'(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:07:06 pm by zorgon »

sky otter

Re: police or zombies ?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:04:09 pm »

well i have the most respect for anyone doing a job..and it was not nice to label the cops..sorry if that offended anyone
the way they are being shot at and attacked lately i guess it is no surprize that they were jumpy and over the top
 :-X

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:08:22 pm »
Scary days indeed. This most recent outbreak of behavior by LE is
disturbing...yes.

I want to blame the Globalists...for many decades they have made inroads
with training...drilling it into the minds of LE. Pitting them against
the "terrorists" of the homeland.

While I am not making excuses...its been a long time in the making.
Surely talking with many LE these days, especially those from Old School
days, they would tell you they began training decades ago for these very
days we live in.

In my observations its the protests against the G20 meetins such as Pittsburg
that exceeded anything I had ever seen. Thats the stake they have, the
territory of the Globalists...the world financial markets.

But to attack performers at a sports game, makes me wonder
there must have been triggers or a pre game plan.
"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

sky otter

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:29:02 pm »

BTS
hey..i live outside of pittsbugh and the cops for that were mostly imports and military in cop outfits...
it was total lockdown and tv coverage was there one minute and yanked off the air the next
it's been a big discussion here about how the hell obama was able to pick this city
and get away with it..not many were happy with that "honor"
 ???

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 07:36:02 pm »
Worrisome, what you have observed. Imported uniforms...

Like mercenaries, they are a different breed....IMO the worst kind,
the most dangerous to the Constitution and the citizens of the U.S.

And the big O .... my oh my how has he pulled this off?
With the help, backing, protection of the Globalists?
- Zorgon

sky otter

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 08:42:33 pm »

ykpes..i must clarify here

by imports i meant not local city police...yikes, didn't mean to mislead you on that
some were mentioned as state cops from other states...
but there is a lot of military in the area and it was obvious that military were in
unmarked fatique type clothes

and the coverage that was on and off so quickly was local on the spot coverage
only to be seen if you were glued to the tv as the roving local reporters were all over
it was interesting to see how fast the word went out when as things were just getting
 interesting they switched to another spot

the one thing about living out here in the boonies is that it is a hunting mentality and the rednecks all have guns
i had a good laugh years ago went a guy from calif was transferred here..he was only here a day or two before the start of deer season and he came into work shaking pretty bad...
and said something was going down cause all the pick up trucks had gun racks with GUNS
and they were everywhere......lol

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 09:42:30 am »
I have two uncles that are cops.

One is prick

The other is good but dominated by the prick in his personal life.

Yin and yang lol.  ;D

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 01:48:29 pm »

by imports i meant not local city police...yikes, didn't mean to mislead you on that
some were mentioned as state cops from other states...
but there is a lot of military in the area and it was obvious that military were in
unmarked fatique type clothes

Ah, thanks for that clarification...and I should clarify: my mention of 'uniforms'
was as a person might call an executive a 'suit'.

So...out of state would still be strange, unless there was a massive unrest
that needed a large show of force.

Also, seems to me that unmarked military is also a red flag; Posse Comitatius.
- Zorgon

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 01:07:37 pm »
i know i can't post the whole article here so here are a few parts

Here is the problem as I see it....

Last night I was watching Flash Point, a police show filmed in Toronto. In this episode a cop who had shot a black kid by mistake made a comment.  He said that 20 years ago he had joined the force to help the common citizen, rescue cats from trees and was proud to be the man in the street people went to for help. Then he said now I can't remember the last time someone was happy to see me.

This is very true... we used to trust the cop on the street, you could count on them to be there for you. But today there is no longer a cop on the beat, thus no more face time. Here in Vegas they do have bicycle patrols in some tourist areas that stop and talk with people. Would be nice to see more of that.

On the other hand it is also true that they get shot at, yelled at and just plain distrusted when they stop you. But  think a lot of that distrust from common people is generated by a few bad cops that just shouldn't be on the force. 20 years ago the bad incidents were brushed under the table, handled internally, and rarely made the news. Today we all have video cameras in the cell phone and we have youtube... so neither the cops nor the news media can control the release of these incidents. (They have tried... there was one case where the cops tried to arrest someone for filming them. I will pull up that case)

So the more we see cases like this one in the OP, the more the distrust builds in the public. I will list some cases here to show my point. Now I support the police... I won't say 100% because that would be wrong :P... but in most cases they treat you fairly and are on your side if your in the right. But I had two incidents myself that make me seriously recognize that times have changed.

The first one was a simple tail light out on my car. Had dropped my daughter off at work and returned home. I turned the corners to my house (2 close together) then made a U-turn to park in front of my house. I saw the cop behind me but he had no lights flashing. As I made the U-turn he hit his lights and almost rammed me, so I was now stuck blocking the road. Using loud speaker he told me to shut off the car and came out.

Well it turns out he thought I was turning to attack him or run, even though he had not indicated he wanted me to stop...  After he realized I was indeed turning to park in front of my house he apologized and then told me my brake light was out...   :o

The second case was different. There was a man hunt in our area for a gang car thief..10 cars helicopter etc... Well they actually were looking in our backyard while we were at home and hadn't knocked to let us know... a little later my wife heard noise in the garage and went to look (Yeah I know not too smart :P ) She had a flash light shone in her face (garage was dark) and this cop with a dog tells her to get back in the house. He had checked the garage because the side door was unlocked.  No knock on the door, no word, nada.

Well the next day I get a knock on the door and two detectives are there asking me about my Meth Lab in the garage. WTF?  I have a mineral assay lab...  so this cop with the flashlight see chemistry equipment and assumes it must be a meth lab...

Long story short I raised hell... got written apologies from the commander and the cop was punished internally. I was asked if I wanted to take further action. I declined as indeed there was a perp with a gun that they caught hiding next door and we found the Beretta tossed in our bushes. I said no, that the formal apology and promise to discipline was satisfactory.

So here it shows both sides... the bad cop using very poor judgement and the good cops trying to defuse the situation. The detectives were polite, just asked properly and I showed them quickly it was a legal lab so all ended well.

Now in that TV show... the black kid that was shot, though not part of the gang shooting that happened next door, was stealing flowers from a greenhouse at night... and ran when the cop saw him... 

Which brings me back to the OP...

If you watch the video... unless you know this was a performance, at first glance you could easily assume that this was a gang causing trouble. You suddenly have these guys pop up in a small town in Utah, heavily Mormon, and dressed looking like gangstas.  I can see how this can cause a problem.

A form of the Haka has been popularized by rugby players in New Zealand who chant, beat their chests and gesture aggressively before matches.

[youtube]byIdYkfm0w4[/youtube]

Did the police over react and handle it wrong? Most definitely, especially considering this statement...

Spectators, coaches and players told police that everything was fine and they should let the men perform, Jessica Rasmussen said, but officers asked them to make room and started using pepper spray.

So the police were told there was no problem... and still reacted. So yeah over reaction and they are too quick to pull that pepper spray or that taser...

Now in that TV show the black kid got shot because he knew he was doing something illegal and he ran and reached into his jacket... in the dark, in a building next to a crime scene, dressed in a dark hoody like the perps doing the shooting next door. Here we see this statement

The police action came after a pair of officers unsuccessfully attempted to disperse the dozen or so performers who were blocking an exit

In this case perhaps it would have been wise to give in and explain first  8)

"If they're going to do something like (the Haka), maybe some planning could be done ahead of time," he said.

i guess if you want to do anything in public anymore you need to notify you police... :'(

Yes, perhaps that would be a good idea in hind sight. Soccer and Rugby games have been known for violence breaking out at the drop of a hat. It is sad, but in this day and age of terrorist scares andG20 and Occupy Wall Street protests, just letting the cops know what is going on is NOT a bad idea.

Don't forget that 'doing something in public' means that it effects other people :P

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 02:16:57 pm »
At least its nice to see some constructive comments on youtube :D

Hello People...do You Remember 9/11. It changed? our world and the way everyone reacts to everything. This Haka dance is a very aggressive and intimidating dance to those who have never seen it. There are 2 things that could have prevented them being maced... 1st announce to the crowd what is about to take place so? everyone attending doesn't think it's a riot breaking out...2 Move out of a place that inconveniences others. If you want RESPECT...Show It
76eaglechick

aragami

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 12:08:45 am »
sorry but from an australian perspective that seems pretty weak, and kinda ignorant. A haka at a sporting event, wow what a surprise. I can understand that maybe they didn't know what it was, but its seems a bit heavy-handed to me.

I might be a little biased though, having worked, partied and played rugby with maoris (and fijians & samoans) most of my life, and a long history of run-ins with the cops lol.

sky otter

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 08:48:19 am »

yeah...well always two sides....some daze the trick is to remember that the cops are human too..

we had an insident in a near by community a few years back and the cops got the short end of that deal

they were in prusuit of a car thief...the thief wrecked the car and got out to run..the cops yell for him to stop and then shot
turned out the thief was a 12 yr old black male....he died
the parents sued and won money (years later the father was put in jail)
for the cops shooting a kid...everyone forgot the kid was a car thief and turned on the cops who were just doing thier job..

sure lots of maybe's here but it still pisses me off...
i do know a lot fo cops..even related to a few..some are really good guys..some are pricks...
see just humans..assorted personalities

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 01:18:29 pm »
i do know a lot fo cops..even related to a few..some are really good guys..some are pricks...
see just humans..assorted personalities

The problem with that is that we cannot afford to allow the pricks to wear a badge. We must be constantly vigilant because it is the bad apples that make the front page and cause general distrust. It also doesn't help that they try to handle these cases internally and under the table...

Here is one case in point... it started over an investigation of drug dealers shipping via UPS to a random address, then stealing the package. In this case it all went bad...

Berwyn Heights, Maryland mayor's residence drug raid
he Berwyn Heights mayor's residence drug raid was a controversial action taken by the Prince George's County, Maryland, Sheriff's Office and Police Department at the home of Berwyn Heights mayor Cheye Calvo on July 29, 2008. The raid was the culmination of an investigation that began in Arizona, where a package containing 32 pounds of marijuana was intercepted in a Fed Ex warehouse, addressed to the mayor's residence. In spite of intercepting the package in transit, the police allowed the package to be delivered, and once the package arrived at the house, a SWAT team raided and took the mayor and his mother-in-law into custody, killing his two dogs in the process.

The event gained national and international media attention. While the Calvos were cleared of wrongdoing, the police were accused by the Calvos and civil rights groups of lacking a proper search warrant, excessive force, and failure to conduct a proper background investigation of the home being raided. Despite the criticisms, no action has been taken against the officers or their respective police departments. In August 2010, Sheriff Jackson stated, “we'd do it again. Tonight.”

Improper search warrant

During the interrogation, Calvo repeatedly requested to see the search warrant, but his lawyer stated no copy was provided until three days later. A County Police spokesman initially stated that a no-knock warrant had been issued for Calvo's home. However, after Calvo's lawyer challenged that statement and media published copies of the warrant, the commander of the county's narcotics enforcement division stated that no-knock warrants do not exist in the county.

Lack of a background investigation

During interrogation, Calvo stated that officers did not believe he was the Mayor and for a time refused his request that they contact the Berwyn Heights Police Department (which was unaware of the raid) to confirm his identity. Police Chief High stated his department did not know the home was owned by the mayor and his wife.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor%27s_residence_drug_raid

So they didn't even bother to check who lived there. Imagine now some drug dealer send you that package. This is one of many such stories, and sadly they are becoming more common

sky otter

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 01:48:20 pm »
The problem with that is that we cannot afford to allow the pricks to wear a badge

that is all well and good, Z..but how ya gonna do it?....personality profiling? yeah, like that works ::) !

hubby's cousin would have been in the prick category, he was a chief of police in a small town
(4 cops total).  ex-marine,  one tough s*o*b...not a bad dude ..but also not to be messed with..he almost single handedly kept the druggie bike gang (pagans) out of the area...some say the only difference was he had a badge on his side...folks luv'd him and still do.
 it all depends on circumstances

i truly don't think there is an easy answer or even an applicable one..but doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 05:07:20 pm »
Taser vs We the People...

Mich. Teen Dies After Police Use Taser

[youtube]m01Q6RIApx0[/youtube]

Police Beat, Taser Man At Baseball Game

[youtube]Ze6t1HEzu9c[/youtube]

[youtube]8Mt1CrWqv5E[/youtube]

Police Taser 14 Year Old Girl with Epilepsy in the Head