collapse

Author Topic: they know what you are doing  (Read 120266 times)

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 401
  • The one-armed Bandit
Re: they know what you are doing
« Reply #780 on: July 27, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »
How is that possible? The "smart dust particles" do not have enough power to communicate with far away devices, and a satellite wouldn't be able to distinguish from two "smart dust particles" close to each other.
The smart dust functions the same way the chip in US currency does; the more of them you have together, the stronger the signal  8)

One of the biggest drug busts made in Florida was due to the perps having $250,000.00 in hundred dollar bills; that many chips together gave a strong enough signal for it to be tracked... I will see if I can find the article concerning that event...
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline space otter

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 673
« Reply #781 on: August 12, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »

anymore the news just makes me want to runs screaming into the woods
but i'ld probably run into that goofy guy in the fur suit calling himself a shaman..how do we get off this ride.  ?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/walmart-just-came-up-with-an-idea-that-will-make-customers-really-miserable/ar-AApU1tf?li=BBnbfcL

Walmart Just Came Up With an Idea That Will Make Customers Really Miserable
 Inc. Inc.
Chris Matyszczyk
14 hrs ago

Watch out. There might be a camera in the shopping cart.

Should some ideas be left on the shelf? Try telling that to those who think they know the future.

Some ideas smack of genius.

Others, you just want to smack.

You must decide which is more accurate when I tell you about an idea that has just emerged from the bowels of Walmart's cranium. (Can a cranium have a bowel? -Ed.)

The famed Arkansas-based retailer has, according to the Wall Street Journal, applied for a patent that will burrow deep into customers' emotions.

This fine facial-recognition technology will have one aim -- to work out whether customers are happy. Or not.

The Journal declares that if the Walmart's razorback eye detects an unhappy customer, it will "adjust staffing accordingly."

Because, of course, the one sure way to make someone happy is to for them enjoy adjusted staffing at Walmart.

I'm reminded of sitting next to a couple in a restaurant. They hadn't spoken in a while.

Suddenly, the woman said to the man: "It's not the beef bourguignon, Dennis. It's the last 26 years."

The churlish, you see, would suggest that at least some customers are unhappy at Walmart simply because, well, they're having to shop at Walmart.

I wouldn't sink to such besmirchment. Instead, I'd suggest that, even in America, not everyone's unhappiness can be solved by consumerism.

How will this technology decide whether a customer is unhappy because they can't find the right, say, handgun rather than because they're in a terrible relationship with a lover who is more inconsiderate than a celebrity chef post-cocaine?

I envision embarrassing moments when Walmart staff at the checkout try to anticipate a customer's feelings.

They'll say, with a concerned expression: "I'm sorry you didn't like any of the water crackers on offer," only to receive the reply: "Water crackers? I'm about to have hemorrhoid surgery."

Technology, though it protests the opposite, cannot solve all human problems. Humans aren't all that good at recognizing the emotions of other humans, but human-made technology is?

Is it beyond the experience of Walmart's executives to imagine that people are miserable one day and less miserable the next?

Oh, but perhaps they're so frightened of Amazon and other competition that the only emotion that courses through them is neurosis.

Indeed, the patent filing offers that the technology will track how much customers are spending over time. "Significant drops or complete absence of customers spending (..) may be identified," it says.

Oh, yes. They must make customers happy all the time or that customer will leave them.

Dear Walmart, please let me offer some relationship advice. Sometimes, you just have to have faith in yourself. Or, as 1,423,760 self-help book authors have already put it: "You have to love yourself."

Otherwise, you'll come across as frightfully needy.

Which, even if you are, isn't a good look.

Offline biggles

• Gold 47
« Reply #782 on: August 12, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »
I'm getting very tired with their capabilities, programs and installing stuff.

I guess I've had it with being in this meat suit.  Makes me nuts. 
I know that I know nothing - thanks Capricorn.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Who Will Be The Next Scapegoat? by The Seeker
[Today at 01:26:28 PM]

Re: 2017 Secret Space Program Discussion Basiago, Salla, Tompkins, Goode, Dolan by zorgon
[Today at 01:19:02 PM]

Re: Who Will Be The Next Scapegoat? by zorgon
[Today at 01:15:52 PM]

Re: Who Will Be The Next Scapegoat? by Eighthman
[Today at 01:15:28 PM]

Re: Who Will Be The Next Scapegoat? by petrus4
[Today at 11:03:26 AM]

Re: My UFO Sighting by ArMaP
[Today at 06:04:45 AM]

Re: 2017 Secret Space Program Discussion Basiago, Salla, Tompkins, Goode, Dolan by fansongecho
[Today at 01:05:21 AM]

Re: My UFO Sighting by fansongecho
[Today at 12:55:46 AM]

Re: My UFO Sighting by A51Watcher
[August 19, 2017, 08:44:02 PM]

Re: Who Will Be The Next Scapegoat? by zorgon
[August 19, 2017, 07:45:16 PM]

Re: 2017 Secret Space Program Discussion Basiago, Salla, Tompkins, Goode, Dolan by zorgon
[August 19, 2017, 07:20:17 PM]

Re: My UFO Sighting by Shasta56
[August 19, 2017, 06:05:40 PM]

Re: My UFO Sighting by ArMaP
[August 19, 2017, 07:57:49 AM]

Apple's $5 billion 'spaceship' by astr0144
[August 19, 2017, 07:45:36 AM]

Re: My UFO Sighting by fansongecho
[August 19, 2017, 06:53:31 AM]

Re: Who Will Be The Next Scapegoat? by The Seeker
[August 19, 2017, 03:32:02 AM]

Re: My UFO Sighting by A51Watcher