collapse

Author Topic: The CIA & Malachi Martin, Exorcist  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
The CIA & Malachi Martin, Exorcist
« on: January 13, 2017, 09:12:04 am »
I ran across this story this morning via Drudge and it intrigued me because it's about the famous exorcist, Malachi Martin. I've read his book, HOSTAGE TO THE DEVIL, which discusses five of his most interesting exorcisms in the US.

There was nothing shocking in the book, although I expected to be surprised and wasn't. It was a disappointing read, especially since I'm a browbeaten ex-Catholic who is still haunted.

In any case, in this article this morning I learned that his chauffeur was a CIA agent. Why in the world would the CIA be driving an exorcist all over the country?

It is unclear if the driver was an active agent at the time, but I still found it strange. Why would they mention it if it wasn't pertinent?

A Catholic priest who inspired "The Exorcist" died from a fall after what he claims was a possessed child spoke to him, it has emerged.

The new revelation comes from a CIA agent after it had been widely reported Malachi Martin from Ireland told a friend an invisible force pushed him to his death.

Ahead of the release of a new documentary, his close friend Robert Marrow has lifted the lid on the moment he believes the priest was effectively killed - when a possessed four-year-old girl he was meant to be exorcising spoke to him in America.

Talking to RTE Radio 1’s "The Ryan Tubridy Show", the producer of the feature-length show called "Hostage to the Devil", Rachel Lysaght recalled a harrowing moment during filming.

Former CIA agent Mr Marrow retraced the steps to Connecticut where Father Martin had offered to carry out an exorcism on the four-year-old girl.

When he arrived at the neutral home, the family were already there, and the girl walked up to the priest and said: 'So you're Malachi Martin - and you think you can help her?', suggesting she was talking while having an out-of-body experience.

It has been claimed that after the exchange in 1999, a fall led to his death from a head trauma at the age of 78.

He told a friend that it was caused by an invisible force that pushed him.

By this time, the father from County Kerry in South-Western Ireland was hiring himself out as a private exorcist and it is believed he was the inspiration behind the famous film released in 1973.

Due to Father Martin's age, Mr Marrow drove him to his clients across America where he had relocated after turning his back on the church.

The former CIA agent told RTE the encounter between the priest and the girl was the most disturbing thing he had ever seen, according to Rachel Lysaght, who also wrote the new documentary.

It will be available on Netflix from Sunday.

Source Article -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4116272/Catholic-priest-inspired-Exorcist-died-fall-possessed-child-spoke-pushed-invisible-force-CIA-agent-claims.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 09:17:30 am by Irene »
Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.....

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
Re: The CIA & Malachi Martin, Exorcist
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 01:41:54 pm »
In an interesting twist of fate, William Peter Blatty, the author of THE EXORCIST, has died.

Maybe someone is trying to tell us something.  :D

The legendary horror writer who penned THE EXORCIST has passed away at the age of 89.

William Peter Blatty’s death was confirmed on social media by the film’s director William Friedkin this afternoon.

He is survived by his wife, Julie Alicia Witbrodt.

The writer won the Oscar in 1973 for his screenplay, based on his own book that was published in 1971 which told the story of a child possessed by a demon.

And thanks to the film’s success, the possessed child’s image has become iconic among horror fans.

He passed away yesterday, but news of his death only emerged today.

The writer had only just celebrated his birthday on January 7.

Blatty not only wrote the original "Exorcist" film, but he also directed the third installment of the franchise.

Since news of his death emerged on social media, tributes have been pouring in.

Born in New York City, he worked as a door to door salesman in the 1950s before eventually breaking into writing just before 1960.

His first book was called WHICH WAY TO MECCA, JACK?, but from then it would take 11 years for him to gain worldwide fame for THE EXORCIST.

Initially he graduated Georgetown University and later got a masters in English Literature at George Washington University.

Growing up in a poor household, William was a devout Roman Catholic, and his writings often revolved around Shakespeare or a crisis of faith.

While he is most known for his work in the horror genre, William actually started his career as a comedy writer, working with director Blake Edwards for a number of screenplays including 1970’s "Darling Lili" – which starred Hollywood icons Rock Hudson and Julie Andrews.

Working under the name Bill Blatty, he also penned scripts for films including "The Great Bank Robbery", "The Man from the Diners Club" and "Promise Her Anything".

The making of "The Exorcist", and the hysteria that surrounded its release, is known for the spooky myths that have given it a cult status.

One such tale is how the Catholic priest who inspired the story died after he fell when a possessed child spoke to him.

A CIA agent says that Malachi Martin was pushed to his death by an invisible force.

The circumstances surrounding his death are revealed in a new Netflix documentary named "Hostage to the Devil".

Source Article -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2608258/the-exorcist-william-p-blatty-dead-aged-89/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:51:36 pm by Irene »

Offline Shasta56

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 148
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 01:55:23 pm »
I remember when my friend Cindy's family decided to try an exorcism to help her.  It was after we had accidentally summoned something to an old church in Mesita, CO.  Cindy was never the same after that.  She died less than ten years later.  The last time I visited that place, two black dog a appeared out of nowhere, and followed the car until we left.

Shasta
Daughter of Sekhmet

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 02:11:44 pm »
Maybe someone is trying to tell us something.  :D
That old people die?  :)

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:36:03 pm »
That old people die?  :)

I'm sorry, ArMaP, I'm having a hard time talking you seriously because you persist in needling me.  ::)

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 03:15:27 pm »
I'm sorry, ArMaP, I'm having a hard time talking you seriously because you persist in needling me.  ::)
I'm needling you, that's the way I see it.

These are the things I see that they had in common:
1 - one was an exorcist, the other wrote a story about exorcism that was inspired by the first;
2 - you saw something about both today;
3 - one was 78 years old when he died, back in 1999, the other was 89 years old when he died yesterday, so both were old.

Looking at (1), considering that "The exorcist" was written in 1971 and based on Malachi Martin, that connection has existed at least for 46 years.
Looking at (2), you are the only connection.
Looking at (3), both were old and died.

So, I don't see any sign of anyone or any thing trying to say something to us, at most they were trying to say something to you, as you were the one making the connection between the two events.

Short version: old people die, but we all know that.

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 06:58:46 pm »
I'm needling you, that's the way I see it.

These are the things I see that they had in common:
1 - one was an exorcist, the other wrote a story about exorcism that was inspired by the first;
2 - you saw something about both today;
3 - one was 78 years old when he died, back in 1999, the other was 89 years old when he died yesterday, so both were old.

Looking at (1), considering that "The exorcist" was written in 1971 and based on Malachi Martin, that connection has existed at least for 46 years.
Looking at (2), you are the only connection.
Looking at (3), both were old and died.

So, I don't see any sign of anyone or any thing trying to say something to us, at most they were trying to say something to you, as you were the one making the connection between the two events.

Short version: old people die, but we all know that.

Roger that. Hemorrhoid incoming. Out.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 06:29:37 am »
I only noticed now that I missed a "not" at the beginning, what I wanted to write was "I'm not needling you".

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 10:27:25 am »
Back on topic, some years ago I scanned a 90 pages official exorcisms book (in Portuguese) that a priest of a military base lent to my sister. That book is the official Portuguese translation of the original "De Exorcismis et Supplicationibus quibusdam". This version is the official exorcisms "manual" for Portugal, Angola, Cape Verde, Guiné Bissau, Mozambique and S. Tomé and Príncipe.

Edited to add that, although I think that the CIA man could have been doing it for personal reasons, I see the topic of exorcisms as something the CIA would likely want to have on their "to study" list.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:33:14 am by ArMaP »

Offline Irene

• 🐾 👀 🐾
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold 519
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 08:58:00 pm »
Back on topic, some years ago I scanned a 90 pages official exorcisms book (in Portuguese) that a priest of a military base lent to my sister. That book is the official Portuguese translation of the original "De Exorcismis et Supplicationibus quibusdam". This version is the official exorcisms "manual" for Portugal, Angola, Cape Verde, Guiné Bissau, Mozambique and S. Tomé and Príncipe.

Edited to add that, although I think that the CIA man could have been doing it for personal reasons, I see the topic of exorcisms as something the CIA would likely want to have on their "to study" list.

I've had a good think about it and I agree that various government agencies have probably investigated this and many other strange areas of inquiry.

With an unlimited black budget, everything is ripe for examination, even if it's extremely fringe.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter