collapse

Author Topic: Eve Online - You guys have got to check this one out.  (Read 2346 times)

Doom Serenity

Eve Online - You guys have got to check this one out.
« on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:29 am »
I have been lurking here for awhile and judging from the awesome people on here and all of your interests I think you guys would really love this game. It is more of a sandbox game then traditional MMOs and is more player driven. It has a very intense economic and political structure. It is definitely the best sci-fi game of its type.

Player vs Player is at the heart of the game and here is an example of what you can expect. 3000 Player battles at certain points over the mineral rights to a single moon.

Here is a tutorial video with a little game play so you know what you are getting your self into.

Anyways just thought you guys would be interested in this. Below is a link to an extended trial. Normal trials are only 14 days, this link will give you 21 days. You can also earn in game play time through in game money. So you do not necessarily have to pay monthly for it.

Link removed  -seeker
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:03:30 pm by the seeker »

Offline Sgt.Rocknroll

• Gold 343
  • Miss you Zorgon
    • Sgt.Rocknroll
Re: Eve Online - You guys have got to check this one out.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 10:06:39 am »
I used to be an avid player of America's Army.. In fact so much that a clan asked me to join. [NCN] (No Clan Needed) was one of the top clans online. (that's where I got my nom-de-guer Sgt.Rocknroll. A good portion of my clanmates where avid EVE Online players. They all raved about it. I looked at it several times but my computer wasn't up to snuff to play it. Guess I'll have to take another look.

Peace 8)
Rock
Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini Tuo da gloriam

Offline Elvis Hendrix

• Gold 398
  • It is not the critic that counts.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 12:53:55 pm »
That looks pretty cool mate, but I bet you need a big machine to run it smooth.

Anyway welcome to Pegasus.
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
B H.

Doom Serenity

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 06:08:31 pm »
I used to be an avid player of America's Army.. In fact so much that a clan asked me to join. [NCN] (No Clan Needed) was one of the top clans online. (that's where I got my nom-de-guer Sgt.Rocknroll. A good portion of my clanmates where avid EVE Online players. They all raved about it. I looked at it several times but my computer wasn't up to snuff to play it. Guess I'll have to take another look.

Peace 8)
Rock

I used to play America's Army as well... Great game! I guess the thing that stuck for me with Eve is the community. You can not find a group like this in online games anymore. They are sort of the last of their kind, and surprisingly the game is growing.

Doom Serenity

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 06:10:01 pm »
That looks pretty cool mate, but I bet you need a big machine to run it smooth.

Anyway welcome to Pegasus.

That is the best part mate! This game was designed for low end PC's so you will not have any problem running it in low graphic settings. I am just playing on a laptop with an i3 and built in graphics. Thanks by the way!

Glad I found this place, was getting sick of godawfulproductions.com.

Doom Serenity

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 06:18:17 pm »
Not sure if they are going to let me keep the extend trial link on here for anyone who is interested so I will just use both.

Extended Trial: https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=0b89d8e7-9fa4-45a5-ab67-6ae9fa4b333b&action=buddy

Regular trial: https://www.eveonline.com/start/

Either one of these will work if you would like to play.

If anyone does end up playing I would love to hear what you think about it. Really interested to get some opinions on this game. Also I just think some of you will love it.

Doom Serenity

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 06:26:40 pm »
Just something to expect if you are interested. The game can be a bit insane at times. It will be the most brutal and unforgiving game you can find. Punishing is the proper word I suppose. There will constantly be a threat from spies infiltrating your corporation (clan). There is many secret societies within the game, inner circles, and even cults. I am not joking either there really is cults in this game it is very bizarre. If you hang in there though you can find some pretty amazing people.

I have not felt this in a game since Utima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, and World of Warcraft for its first 2 years.

Offline Zelong

• Regular Members
  • Gold 2
    • Zelongs Bases
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:56:39 pm »
I was a Alpa, Beta tester for Eve long, long ago what 6-7-8years ago. Great graphics and feel of Outer Space I didn't continue when Eve was released to long ago to remember everything now but firstly it was still very/too Bugie for release this was when I realized that accountants were running things and not the coders. Main thing was it's a no-stop virtual world which would hook you right in as every night you didn't play you could loose a lot of your assets that said you would setup mining operations to work while you were away.

14 Day trial I'm going to give it ago it will be great to see it with all the bugs out and the evolution of it. It's nearly 9:00am in OZ so I'll wait till 12:01am tomorrow to sign up and download and I'll immerse myself into Eve.

Thanks Doom Serenity.

regards
Zelong.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]