collapse

Author Topic: T.A.P., You're It  (Read 49441 times)

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

Re: T.A.P., You're It
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 12:20:34 pm »
Cool post, Petrus;
These four groups have always existed within any society on Earth, no matter how the social system that was present tried to organise itself.  It's unlikely that that would change within TAP; said people would simply have different roles than they do now.  The four groups simply recognise these four perpetual categories of human nature.
That's the way i see it also.

Most would be off-world, and if they wanted to try and chase every last one of us down through space and round us all up, they'd be more than welcome.

We won't be allowed offworld until we stop having tantrums & throwing bombs at each other ;)

Rdunk, TAP is not a dream, it's a state we need to reach in order to survive as a species, any other system will be short-lived.
Zorgon's description of feudal life will be the norm, but maybe-just maybe- we can learn to follow the natural laws.
Even feudal states will eventually merge into one big state, like Europe did.

It is not in the heart of earthly man to live like robots, nor to be 25/7 cared for by robots. This is a made-up approach to life, and is as "fictional" as fiction can get.
So who dug your sewer? Welded your car, painted it, cooked the beans & put them in a can for you?
Would you like to do those things yourself?
Would you have the time?
That's why we invent robots, to do the dangerous or mind-numbingly boring work, & make life easier for us. Of course, you can go & live in a log cabin in the woods & never see a robot again, if that is your whish. No-one is forcing anything upon you.

Fruitbat, we share the same genes, i'm sure of it ;)

So, if religion is used to create an army, or mind control of another variety (there are so many) how will these three laws stop them?  Will you have an army to match theirs because you might need one.

We'll probably need police of some sort.
Impartial police that never sleep, are reasonably bulletproof, & with the ability to capture & restrain people without harming them.
A cop that sees all humans as equal.
Robocop?
LOL!
TAP Robotists 2, Humans 0.....
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:28:18 pm by PLAYSWITHMACHINES »

Captain Dave

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 02:02:08 pm »
i know exactly what you're getting at.  we were created to be vassals.  so we have found various ingenious or not so ingenious ways to do that.   we are psychologically predisposed to serve, either ourselves, each other or an ideal, such as a god, goddess, president, king, queen or pharaoh, etc.  it's a human "need" almost, as if there's a part missing if we aren't  actively involved in serving something or someone.

I don't feel a need to serve anyone, though I feel I have been coerced to do so many times. I do however want to help others.

Society in many ways creates a trap that truncates freedom.

When hidden away from the public and it's influence I feel far more peaceful and thats something I think everyone deserves - Peace.

Sometimes I have served TPTB, not because I was forced to, but simply because I wished to see where that road would lead. Sometimes I have been forced to serve, but I did so with resistence.

The true me is always still hidden way in the back watching everyone making their moves and learning.  I'm still exploring my surroundings and learning just as I did when I was a child

When an individual chooses to be different than others, usually TPTB throw a fit. Once they have determined that you are unlike them, they actually take the time to focus on you their efforts to change you into what they think you should be.

Rather than "TPTB" it could just as easily be called the "MOB" mentality. I have seen many an individual make clear rational decisions on their own. I have seen those same individuals make irrational decisions when influenced by the "MOB" mentality. Why do people cater to the MOB? Usually Fear & Self preservation seem to play key roles. ( which can encompass anything from social status, freedom or life itself ) 

In my opinion, the right answers and therefore decisions can only be found when everyone has the chance to review shared information privately so as to not allow mob mentality to convalute their decision.

For instance, when information is presented in written form you can review it privately and analyize the facts. When a speaked stands before you in the presence of others, you can be swayed by vocal means, body language, reactions and responses from others (cheers, boo's) Etc... To me these factors can change a good decision into a bad one.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:04:25 pm by Captain Dave »

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2012, 02:19:45 pm »
Hi Cap'n
The true me is always still hidden way in the back watching everyone making their moves and learning.  I'm still exploring my surroundings and learning just as I did when I was a child
Welcome to Thy Inner Self, and welcome to the human race, this is the way we really are, but we don't dare show it ::)

When an individual chooses to be different than others, usually TPTB throw a fit. Once they have determined that you are unlike them, they actually take the time to focus on you their efforts to change you into what they think you should be.
Oh yeah, they tried that from school onward.
Never really cared what they think ;)
One teacher told me flat out i would never hold a laser in my hands, they are just too expensive.
I have 9 of them, not counting all the CD players ;)

I certainly did not listen to them when they preached 'punish the (insert race/creed/lifestyle of your choice here) for they are not like us, & they seek to destroy us'

In my opinion, the right answers and therefore decisions can only be found when everyone has the chance to review shared information privately so as to not allow mob mentality to convalute their decision.
Yes, provided you get the facts

For instance, when information is presented in written form you can review it privately and analyize the facts. When a speaked stands before you in the presence of others, you can be swayed by vocal means, body language, reactions and responses from others (cheers, boo's) Etc... To me these factors can change a good decision into a bad one.

Took the words out of my fingers :)
Ever heard the old joke;
"God laughed when she heard people thought she was a white male"
We should not be swayed by body language, charisma, or stereotyping.
All we need to share, are our thoughts & emotions.
 8)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2012, 02:25:25 pm »
I don't feel a need to serve anyone, though I feel I have been coerced to do so many times. I do however want to help others.

Exactly the point.  There's a big difference between the altruistic imperative, and a desire for subjugation.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2012, 02:33:27 pm »
Exactly the point.  There's a big difference between the altruistic imperative, and a desire for subjugation.

RIGHT!
A prime point of one of the basic laws in TAP is that you are duty-bound to help others. By not doing so, by failing to help others you are not only needlessly putting them at risk, but ultimately that of society itself.

ETA: That does not mean you are duty-bound to help one group of humans bash another group ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:35:25 pm by PLAYSWITHMACHINES »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2012, 09:20:56 pm »
Someone may notice.  So what?

There is mind control going on all around us and some of us have noticed.  Does that mean nobody can be controlled.  No.

Because People are not empowered to do anything.  They need to stay working to feed Their families, or don't have the money to go do something, or are strong-armed to shut up, or lured with money/power...  When We're all freed to stake a stand on Our firmest precepts, with no monetary prybar to pull Us away, We will put a stop to poor behavior choices.

I am not trying to put you off improving the world.  But solutions are needed to potential pitfalls.

I agree.  But what most are not seeing the depth of the personal empowerment that is offered in TAP.  I keep saying, shifting paradigms is difficult.

That does not mean religion cannot be used to control people and make them fight.

True, but money will no longer be the motive.  The reason the staunch stance was taken in "having to believe" had much to do with the idea that the more in the "flock" the more money for the priest class.  With the money motive no longer at play, with none fighting for scraps, or whatever...  I'm betting Humans will do a far better job of getting along.

Priests who advocate breaking the three Laws will likely lose following.

You hope.... 

No...  I KNOW.  I have watched People who care do some mighty awesome stuff even when restrained by money.  Unrestrained, I expect some awesomely mighty efforts.

EDIT to add:  Look at Occupy Sandy.  THEY were feeding FEMA workers!  Look at what THEY did with People who CARE.  And THEY had funding concerns, product concerns, and on and on.  They did VASTLY more than FEMA or the Red Cross (a money-sucking front) combined.

So, if religion is used to create an army, or mind control of another variety (there are so many) how will these three laws stop them?  Will you have an army to match theirs because you might need one.

Yup.  All who care.

I'll say it again, the thing we should be working on is what to do now.  We do not have abundance.  Awareness is not abundance.  What you need are workable solutions to the problems of energy and changing the legal and economic system.  I don't see that happening right now.

No but awareness leads to the tipping point which WILL lead to abundance.  So...  Spread to the tipping point while You're scratching Your collective head trying to figure out what nest.  When the tipping point is reached leaders will emerge to make it so.

Alongside trying to make people aware, you need to change things so you can stop lawmakers (and the corporate lobby) from putting a stop to any budding movement.  I don't think you understand how effective CoInTelPrograms have been at stopping social change.

I'd like to be wrong but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves

I think We should consider this other, but to be frank, these issues will be solved all the sooner when a path forward hits the tipping point.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 10:07:42 pm by Amaterasu »
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2012, 09:37:31 pm »
RIGHT!
A prime point of one of the basic laws in TAP is that you are duty-bound to help others. By not doing so, by failing to help others you are not only needlessly putting them at risk, but ultimately that of society itself.

ETA: That does not mean you are duty-bound to help one group of humans bash another group ;)

Not exactly.  No One is "duty-bound" per se... But We will carry the Betterment Ethic.  That is key in what We teach.  Rather than teach Our children that They have to find a career that makes money - and if Their bliss doesn't pay the bills They have to give it up and find something that does (work ethic), We teach Them to follow Their bliss, and always look for ways to make things better and put the ideas They may have out on the central website for consideration - and action should the idea be awesome.

To look for ways also to better the relationships They have with Those around Them.  Try to make People happy, and since They don't have to spend Their time in stress and anguish, or mind-exhausting energy function, this should be much easier for Us.

Social superconductance will also add to making Betterment an easy choice.  Rarely will We have to spend time with anyOne We don't want to.  We will not have bosses We hate, coworkers that creep Us out, underlings that frustrate Us no end.  The People We surround Ourselves with will be the People We CARE about.  We may go to a party and run into some jackass, but when the party is over, We may never see HUME again.  Hume maybe got Humeself on the "do not invite" list.

This will make for a substantially smoother operation in society.  Superconductance.

Encourage creativity and the search for Betterment and, without the constraints of money, this planet WILL be made better.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]