collapse

Author Topic: America's Being Nuked: Can Together We Stop the Madness?  (Read 32622 times)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
Re: America's Being Nuked: Can Together We Stop the Madness?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »

Could California's Medical Marijuana Crop Be Tainted by Japanese Radiation?

By Dennis Romero

Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 8:09 AM

This passes for a serious concern in California.

Our precious multi-billion-dollar marijuana crop could possibly maybe be threatened by radiation from Japan.

And who wants their green glowing, well, green?

It's a question posed with a sober voice in the 420 Times,  a publication that explores the finer points of cannabis politics.

Actually, if you smoke weed everyday and you don't want your lungs looking like a glow-stick light show at a rave, maybe you should consider it.

420 Times brings up the question of whether -- if the situation at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station continues to smolder -- we'll have to consider the safety of outdoor marijuana and turn to hydroponic-only.

The publication goes on to seriously doubt your bud will turn into a radioactive dud this far away from Japan.

But if you're, um, paranoid (and we know you are), it offers these tips for the medically dependent:

So unless somehow you happen to be growing and ready to harvest outdoor crops in the next two weeks and an amount of radiation escapes that's huge enough to affect us here in California, you don't really have to worry. But if you want to be extra careful, you should wash off the leaves and buds of any plant that grew in contaminated conditions, and you'd still probably want to do a water cure for the safest result.

Now enjoy your spring crop in peace.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:47:03 am by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 06:28:15 pm »

Fukushima, Marijuana and the Future | High Times

BY KENT LEBSOCK ·  FEB 13, 2014

Perhaps at no time in human history has it been more crucial to get involved and battle corrupt corporate interests -- the catalysts of our own self-annihilation.

Contaminated soil, undrinkable water, birth defects in both animals and humans: This is what the people of Japan can expect from their inexplicable use of nuclear power -- “inexplicable” in that Japan is the only country to have ever been subjected to uranium’s use as a weapon of mass destruction.

Japanese novelist Haruki Murakami sums it up best: “This time no one dropped a bomb on us .... We set the stage, we committed the crime with our own hands, we are destroying our own lands.”

What the anti-nuke movement often misses in its efforts to stop the catastrophic effects of nuclear anything is that it begins with uranium mining -- a process that is horribly dangerous to the earth, the water and the ability of future generations to survive.

Stop uranium mining
and we stop the issues of nuclear waste
and nuclear meltdowns like those seen at
Chernobyl and Fukushima.

Despite changing claims by corporate scientists and governments, Japan is now experiencing uncontrolled radioactive discharges at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant following the events of March 11, 2011. Chernobyl was a picnic compared to what’s happening there.

Chernobyl had one reactor, and it didn’t sit on a beach 2,500 feet from the largest body of water on earth. Fukushima involves four reactors, three of which have melted down into the bedrock.

Experts from two Japanese universities have tested the radiation levels and found that the plant, with its 4,400 tons of nuclear fuel rods, “greatly dwarfs the total size of radiation sources at Chernobyl.”

Obviously, the intentional and unintentional release of highly contaminated water from Fukushima’s core into the Pacific Ocean is a wide-open, man-made door to the “process of global radioactive contamination,” says Michel Chossudovsky, the founder of Canada’s Center for Research on Globalization.

Radioactive rainwater has been recorded up and down the west coast of North America, California in particular. Once contamination reaches any body of water -- especially one as significant as the planet's oceans -- the process of getting into the food chain is a simple one.

The same goes for cannabis.

North America’s West Coast represents
the front lines in the Fukushima “invasion.”

Will we always be able to grow marijuana in California soil with California rain? The same question applies to indoor gardens, since using contaminated water in hydroponic cultivation is no guarantee of safety.

As early as 2011, only weeks after the disaster, fish caught off the California coast contained elements of nasty radioactive materials -- and though the test sample wasn’t large, every one of the fish tested was dosed with contaminants.

Interestingly, the tested fish were all born before the disaster, meaning their exposure was limited. One of the study’s experts stated that fish swimming across the Pacific Ocean ever since will have “considerably more radioactivity” and could result in a serious “public health hazard.”

He’s only discussing the present. Imagine 10, 15 or 20 years from now: These doses of alpha-, beta- and gamma-radiation emitters easily set up shop in algae, fish, grass, cattle and -- oh, yeah -- human beings.

Then there’s contamination from the nuclear cloud.

For months now, “steam” has been observed erupting from the top of one of the reactors. Tepco, the corporation most directly responsible for this catastrophe, can’t explain this steam or what it contains.

(Why? Because the company’s crane is malfunctioning!) But recent reports indicate that a wealth of new radioactive materials has been spewed into the atmosphere from Fukushima, spreading globally.

Indigenous peoples around the world have always been on the front lines of environmental disasters.

Indigenous lands are the last ones containing significant untouched concentrations of the most prized resources on earth -- and corporations and governments will do anything to get at them.

Repeatedly, indigenous leaders have warned that the planet is not a resource for exploitation. Arvol Looking Horse is the 19th-generation pipe carrier of all the bands of the Lakota, Nakota and Dakota nations in North America.

For Chief Looking Horse, the events at Fukushima -- and the generally disastrous treatment of the planet spurred by corporate greed -- is not surprising. At a recent gathering at the United Nations, he put the challenge in stark terms:

“You must decide. You can’t avoid it.

Each of us is put here in this time and this place
to personally decide the future of humankind.

Know that you yourself are essential to this world.
Believe that!

Understand both the blessing and the burden of that.
You, yourself are desperately needed to save the soul of this world.
Did you think you were put here for something less?”

Fukushima is more just than a warning -- it’s our future if this madness continues.

The real weapons of mass destruction are being promoted by our national, state and even local governments, and it’s our responsibility to stop them.

If we can’t drink the water or eat the food
 -- or smoke the pot, for that matter --
will any of the other issues really count?

tfw
Peace Love Light
Liberty & Equality or Revolution

FUKUSHIMA FALLOUT CLOCK
Elapsed Time since March 11, 2011, 2:46 PM - Fukushima, Japan

The World Must Take Charge at Fukushima

“In a time of universal deceit
telling the truth is considered a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 07:17:14 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Fruitbat

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 04:49:29 am »
"Exposing the planet-wide fallout poisoning of the environment is another way to take a stab at the nuclear dragon. That constantly beeping Dosimeter of Fruitbat's is a really great reminder idea/conversation starter and we look forward to the prototype as soon as waiting is filled."

Whoa!! Someone here is waiting for me to do something?

I've just been through this process over on the token, with a clown from the Nancy Hutchison camp, it was very distracting and annoying. I suspect however that here the motivation is different, but the result is still the same.

The waiting has been filled, long since..

I found several off the shelf (eBay, actually) candidates for the "everyman geiger counter". I found that by the time one has ordered the parts and built the counter and found a box to put it in, you may as well have put the effort into working for money, and buying an "off the shelf" unit. An off the shelf unit is also more credible for your audience than an obviously home made unit.

If you want my recommendations here you are more than welcome to them, however, bear in mind that I am largely unfunded and therefore haven't been able to hands on test the units I recommend. I have concentrated my efforts and expenditure into trying to find lower cost/diy solutions, none of which would I personally recommend, for a variety of reasons.

I'm not sure exactly what people are waiting for, and would appreciate a reminder by PM, if there is anything specific I can bring to the table.

This is a subject close to my heart, I really do think that personal individual action and always carrying a counter is a good idea, but equally I thought I was the only one who thought this, and had tired of going on about it. I was genuinely surprised to see my name appear in this thread...

FB.

PLAYSWITHMACHINES

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 01:37:03 pm »
Hi FB :D

I'm not sure exactly what people are waiting for, and would appreciate a reminder by PM, if there is anything specific I can bring to the table.

This is a subject close to my heart, I really do think that personal individual action and always carrying a counter is a good idea, but equally I thought I was the only one who thought this, and had tired of going on about it. I was genuinely surprised to see my name appear in this thread...

Need to talk about that, i can fund a couple of units if we have some plans etc, hell the kits aren't so bad.

I think we need a few in the US just to keep track of this ourselves ;)
PM or mail me, i have to work a lot, so it will be sporadic......
o yes, have some gold for being you, mate :)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 05:18:36 pm »

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:23:50 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 01:33:41 am »
So I assume that is WEED SMOG?   

::)

Can-Hemp-Marijuana-and-Mushrooms-Fix-Fukushima-

No they can't :P but they can help you not worry about it :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:35:22 am by zorgon »

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 03:46:36 pm »

Kevin Kamps 70 Years of Radioactive Risks America and Japan

Published on May 2, 2014
"Seventy Years of Radioactive Risks in Japan and America"

This?

Or this?

The choice is ours to live - or die - with.   :P

tfw
Peace Love Light

FUKUSHIMA FALLOUT CLOCK

George Orwell

« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:43:19 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 05:07:40 pm »

On NOVEMBER 29/30, 2014 we will use our minds and creativity to counter the evil nuclear energy industry.

Find your local nuclear power plant and/or nuclear dump site.

(Or just protest in your own backyard, your local park, or anywhere else in your community. Get creative, anything goes.)

Create a sign that says; Chernobyl, Fukushima, [the name of the site you are standing in front of].

Find your local nuclear sites here: ANRC: Operating Nuclear Power Reactors (by Location or Name) | Global list of nuclear reactors

Take a Photo, Take a Video.  (Note: No need to go on their property, they are a visible form of public property.)

Send us your photos and videos and we’ll post them to the webasite and our flickr page.

Email Us: admin@thepostignoranceproject.com
Facebook Us: facebook.com/postignorance
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/postignorance/

Post Ignorance tshirts are now available, and are only printed by companies that do not use slave labor. All proceeds go back into the Post Ignorance Project.

WE MUST USE OUR MINDS AND OUR CREATIVITY
To Fight The Murderous Nuclear Energy Cartel

The Post Ignorance Project | Yellow and Black Friday

Creating change through action.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:35:07 am by thorfourwinds »

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 05:21:57 pm »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 11:29:41 pm »

the reason that no et is going to step in is
that this is a learning planet

we made the mess we have to learn to clean it up

doesn't look likely to happen though..does it :( :'(

It was not "We" who did this.  It was the Ones with money/power.  Most of Us, if WE had the power, would NOT create the psychopathic planet We are captives within - or rather, They want Us to THINK We're captive. 
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Fruitbat

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 06:06:23 am »
You are wrong, Amy it is US who are responsible.

We the masses who ignored the warnings in the sixties, and who continue to buy the product in the quantity that we do.

Mumbling amongst ourselves here about how bad it is and how psychotic our leaders are, isn't doing squat.

We gotta get out there and start educating the proleteriat, whether they like it or not..

'Course, that takes more guts and time than whining to our mates on forums, so not many of us actually do it AT ALL.

Hence nothing gets changed. How many more fukushimas will it take before a sizeable amount of us are motivated to get off our backsides?

FB.
(Not going to be one of my more popular posts this one, I suspect...)

sky otter

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 07:00:54 am »
We the masses who ignored the warnings in the sixties, and who continue to buy the product in the quantity that we do.

Mumbling amongst ourselves here about how bad it is and how psychotic our leaders are, isn't doing squat.

We gotta get out there and start educating the proleteriat, whether they like it or not..

'Course, that takes more guts and time than whining to our mates on forums, so not many of us actually do it AT ALL.

Hence nothing gets changed. How many more fukushimas will it take before a sizeable amount of us are motivated to get off our backsides?

FB.

well Fruitbat
you suspect wrong..i agree with you totally on this
 but you are totally right otherwise...gold for you
bitchin and moanin and being a general leach is not the way to make changes
it never has been

join your  local gov and start your campaign for change.
..it does work

you would be totally amazed at how much is truly done by the local council (?)
and you will laughingly see that    s h i t     can run uphill thur the ranks of those in office..

in local gov you know who to call and where to apply the pressure
and you can... we have.. it works
and when one small community joins with another things really roll

you can only start changing the world from your tiny spot..
and if you just sit there and bitch..all you get is labeled..

so fruitbat.. go run for something and make a difference the best way any of us can
meanwhile gold for you

Amy says
It was not "We" who did this.  It was the Ones with money/power.  Most of Us, if WE had the power, would NOT create the psychopathic planet We are captives within - or rather, They want Us to THINK We're captive. 

the only one holding you captive amy .. is yourself
we are not on a psychopathic planet we are on a learning one and it seems the only learning you are doing is self dulusional..you don't think you have any power
when in truth we are so individually powerfull we are scary to most others..
but only wehn you take responsibility for being able to wield such power  ~ will you
yep a circle
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:56:48 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline WarToad

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 160
  • PRC Black Sheep
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 07:15:20 am »

...FB.

LOL  You're spot on.  Whining on the internet and making strongly worded facebook posts is part of the problem, not the solution.  Boots on the street is what makes changes.
Time is the fire in which we burn.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 01:24:43 pm »

Boots on the ground...July 4th, 2014...

May we share our vision of peace, love, healing and raising awareness to restore universal balance and harmony?

EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive worldwide multimedia event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions associated with nuclear energy.

This may very well be our last chance to voice our collective resolution to end the insanity of nuclear power to save ourselves and Mother Earth.

As only an educated, informed public can truly make a difference in today's world, we are challenged to raise our collective voice and work together to resolve this crisis, based on the foundation of Truth.

EARTH AID - The Concert to Save All Life On Earth

Onipikte (that we shall live)

With great respect
thorfourwinds@thelivingmoon.com

tfw
Peace Love Light

FUKUSHIMA FALLOUT CLOCK

George Orwell

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:53:08 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline Sinny

• Gold 305
  • Think In, Out and Around The Box.
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 01:39:33 pm »

FB.

Well I for one wasn't even thought of, let alone born in the sixties.

Amy opinions may be flawed, but so are everyone else's. 

Internet posts do help, so do feet on the ground.

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society"- JFK

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]