collapse

Author Topic: For John - The ATS Spooks  (Read 9203 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
For John - The ATS Spooks
« on: March 05, 2012, 03:45:44 am »
For John re Cool Hand

Okay... back before John was booted from ATS... there was one fellow who was always hounding him. His name was Cool Hand.  Now we long suspected him of being a spook, just never really had the proof...

So every now and then someone makes a thread on ATS how they are CIA or some other spook agency or Cointelpro... I love those threads because every time it draws out the real spooks like flies to that brown smelly stuff :P  Now some are good... and some not so good... So since this all came about over hacking I thought I would add it here. I found that thread again while looking for some of my old links :D

The comments below were triggered by a similar post to this: (read it for context)
http://www.thelivingmoon.com/forum/index.php?topic=345.msg8597#msg8597

The thread..

Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

Or: How to roust a Spook :P

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by zorgon
You will also noticed as stated that SIPRNET uses TCP/IP protocols, in other words it CAN be accessed via the internet... (This issue came up during a thread regarding the hacker Gary McKinnon )

For God's sake this again?

You cannot access the SIPRNET without being allowed on the network.  There is no way for you (or anyone else here) to access the SIPR side without the specialized equipment and access to either the sat signal, a secured phone, or physical connections.

Now for those brave enough to check it out... here is the internet portal for SIPRNET... be careful (no you cannot get in the door :P) but I guarantee you that they WILL know you are knocking

I was brave enough, and I can assure folks here that it is not a backdoor to the SIPRNET.  You probably won't believe me, but I am sure I am not the only one around here with a CAC card.  I am sure someone else can verify it for me.

Well hello Mr Spook! I was sure you would pop up pretty soon...

If you read my post I did say that you could not open the door... I am surprised an agent such as yourself failed to notice this... I merely pointed to the door for those here who did not have this information  and the sign on the door says

Note: You must have a DoD-issued Common Access Card (CAC) and originate from a .mil address to enter this sited

But the door exists and no amount of your attempted sidetracking changes that fact. You slipped a long time back mentioning the "50 gigs of files you have on sensitive materials at work"  ;)

I was brave enough, and I can assure folks here that it is not a backdoor to the SIPRNET.  You probably won't believe me, but I am sure I am not the only one around here with a CAC card.  I am sure someone else can verify it for me.

Again let me repeat myself  I NEVER SAID IT WAS A BACK DOOR... I never implied it was a back door... I pointed to the FRONT DOOR with the warning notice and the fact you need a pass and be at a .mil computer to access it...

BUT THE DOOR EXISTS and most people did not know this... and that is what ATS is for to SHARE INFO...

Now I personally thank you for confirming your CAC access... I wasn't positive till now :up:

I would say this is proof positive and a case in point about the subject matter of this thread...

But next time before you go gung ho... please read the post carefully... I do not advocate sneaking in back doors or attempting illegal access... but there are many public info sites available from the Agencies themselves that most people never even thought of looking up

So COOL HAND, have any interesting files you can share 'from work'?

::)

;D  three stars on your post  amusing  so there are at least three more :P

Originally posted by menguard
reply to post by zorgon

Thats why I love the SECRET OPERATION stuff it lets you get to the root of the source, way to go bud.:up::cool:

Originally posted by Cadbury
Now I personally thank you for confirming your CAC access... I wasn't positive till now

Nice trap, whether it was intentional or not. Have a blue star.

Originally posted by COOL HAND

So COOL HAND, have any interesting files you can share 'from work'?

I already told you I would be more than happy to share that info with you when you prove you have the clearence to hear it.  That and a .smil or .sgov account to discuss it over.

So there you have it John... rousted him out and several people in that thread caught the trap :D  That was his last post in that thread and he never pestered me again :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:44:44 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Re: For John - The ATS Spooks
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:55:07 am »
PokeyJoe from Kokomo

Now PokeyJoe is a really interesting fellow... and I admit I teased him a little. He first appeared in a thread about Kwajalien Atol the US ARMY 'secret' launch facility in the Marshall Islands.  Now this was before my Naval Space Command thread and before I learned about the Aquila business from Jack Arneson...

Today I went looking for these posts and found something extremely fascinating... John your gonna LOVE this one  :D

The thread was;
Lear expertice needed!(or anyone else),

Now that thread is one I had forgotten about and has a lot of great posts from John I need to transfer over, but for now lets stay with the spooks :D

So when we got to the point in the thread about Kwajalien (and I will add all that to another thread) along comes PokeyJoe

Originally posted by PokeyJoe at ATS

Zorgon,

With all due respect, I think that you might be a little misinformed as to what the actual meaning of the different Space Commands is.

Let me start by saying that I am in the Air Force and have worked at different bases in Space Command my whole career.  The Space Cadre that you refer to by and large has to due with satellites and missiles.  These things launch into space, and therefore take many many people to track, maintain, monitor etc...

I dont understand what the big deal is with the advertisement for Army officers to become astronauts is.  NASA, if im not mistaken, takes people from all branches of service to become prospective astronauts.  Trust me, if it were for some secret program, you would not find it listed on a public website, or any other document you would have stumbled across.

As far as the hacking and security of the different networks goes, these days it would be impossible for anyone from the outside to hack the SIPRNET or anything above that.  There is the NIPRNET, which is the unclassified network, or .mil,  SIPRNET, used for Secret classification, and  JWICS, used for Top Secret things.  Im not sure if there is anything above that, but JWICS deals with Top Secret SCI information, and thats about as high as I go.  Im not saying that what you are talking about doesn't exist, but the things you are posting on here do not illustrate that, IMO. 

If you have any further questions about the networks and security I will answer as well as I am able....so far as to not get myself into trouble.

-Joe

So in all fairness Joe is one of the good guys and I sent him an invite. Just not sure if he still checks in there. The great thing about finding this old thread is the content, like the Army Astronaut recruitment. So he is telling us what we say is right, with some errors but he isn't sure about that ;). To these guys who live it, sure they don't see a big deal, but to us... that's what we snoop for :P

Zorgon,

Re: Space Command

Like I said earlier, I have been working strictly in AFSPC my whole AF career, and have been to all 13 bases in the command at one point or another.  Im not saying that what you are talking about doesnt exist, but I am saying that you have not really shown anything that proves it, IMO.  Everything that I have seen in Space Command deals either with nukes or satellites.  Thats it.

I have known one person who got selected to become an astronaut.  They were a space officer, and one they got approved, they went to NASA.  Ive met thousands of people, seen hundreds of different jobs, and none of them had anything to do with a secret space program.  Something like that would be pretty hard to hide in the circles of people I deal with everyday.  Either every single person does a great job of keeping their mouths shut and lying, or it doesnt exist....im not sure which.

In AFSPC today, people in Space jobs wear "Space Wings" as their occupational badge.  They are like pilot wings, but with a more "Star Treky" feel to them, and noone I know who wears these wings has ever been to space.  That doesnt really prove anything, just an interesting aside.

Ok, well as far as the space wings goes, I dont know if I can give you a good explanation of why they do that.  All that I know, is in my previous job, there were maybe a hundred people who got them, who I can say with out a shadow of a doubt did not go anywhere near space.  They were program managers for different phases of the ICBM weapons system.

I did recently meet on real life astronaut, and she was wearing the space wings....

In the end, who really knows.  We could argue in circle until we die, and its not going to do us any good.

One question though, if I really did know something like that existed, why would I come on here and waste my time at all.....to spread disinformation?

I have never heard anything about the "global" that you talk about.  The only global that I know is the Global Address Book on my Outlook that lets me look up peoples email addresses.

I dont think that the NSA page you linked to is talking about the global network or whatever it is.  The link is talking about having a real time way to provide information to and from the battlefield and for people who support that.  I dont think that is an "above top secret" network in the same vein as SIPR and JWICS.  This seems to be a running theme with things that you post.  You have a theory or idea or something, and then find something with the same word in it on a governement website, so that must be it.

I guess I made a mistake talking about the Space Wings thing....Im human, it does happen every once and a blue moon.

Oh, and as far as me posting right after you mentioned the SIPRnet or whatever, I dunno....I browse this site everyday.  I cant even get to ATS on the SIPRNET, nor would I even try.

No offense, but I think that you think you are a lot more informed than you really are.....but hell, maybe I dont know anything either.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:11:18 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:29:21 am »
Very nice chap.. friendly, courteous and trying to honestly educate me ;)

Now in that SIPRNET/JWICS post that he is referring to in the last post... the "GLOBAL"

See I was given that name by another spook on ATS... He is no longer active there and deleted his profile. He was there as NJ Mooch... also very interested in out work and told us things that were not a conflict with any oath he had taken. He always told me that if I ever talked to him about something he wasn't allowed to talk about, we would be talking about the weather :P

So the background.. his avatar at ATS was a DIA patch and his profile said "If people at ATS knew who I really worked for they would crap their pants" ;D Right out in the open, no one believed it of course. So one day he writes me, says he is driving to Vegas, can he meet with John and I.  Before I could say anything he adds... "You have no reason to trust me so here is my real name... have your friend at the Pentagon run it through the Global"

I did, he checked out. Spent three days with us talking :D When he left he said "You guys only have the tip of the cat's tail"  I replied' "Maybe but we are tugging hard enough that the cat has noticed us"

There is more. but since I have invited him over here and just yesterday heard back that he will try to stop by, I think that is enough for now :D

But on the GLOBAL that PokeyJoe is sure doesn't exist....

Global Command & Control System - Joint (GCCS-J)

ntroduction

GCCS-J is the DOD joint C2 system of record for achieving full spectrum dominance. It enhances information superiority and supports the operational concepts of full-dimensional protection and precision engagement. GCCS-J is the principal foundation for dominant battlespace awareness, providing an integrated, near real-time picture of the battlespace necessary to conduct joint and multinational operations. It fuses select C2 capabilities into a comprehensive, interoperable system by exchanging imagery, intelligence, status of forces, and planning information. GCCS-J offers vital connectivity to the systems the joint warfighter uses to plan, execute, and manage military operations.

GCCS-J is a Command, Control, Communications, Computer, and Intelligence (C4I) system, consisting of hardware, software, procedures, standards, and interfaces that provide a robust, seamless C2 capability. The system uses the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and must work over tactical communication systems to ensure connectivity with deployed forces in the tactical environment.

The GCCS-J operational environment consists of multiple strategic server and local enclaves operating separate technical baselines (strategic server and global baselines) as a single virtual system. Fielded under the Joint Staff Strategic Server Policy, dated 6 December 2001, Strategic Servers are enterprise mission capabilities fielded for the benefit of the entire community, under the control of DISA.1 Current GCCS-J Strategic Servers include Global Combat Support System (Combatant Command/Joint Task Force) (GCSS (CC/JTF)), JOPES, and Status of Resources and Training System (SORTS). All technical baselines are subject to the same rigorous development, testing, and accreditation processes. The GCCS-J Strategic Servers enable timelier fielding of enhanced capabilities to the user community.

GCCS-J employs a predominantly open system client/server architecture, which is evolving to an n-tier web service-based architecture that allows a diverse group of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) software packages to operate at any GCCS-J location. Built upon the Common Operating Environment (COE), GCCS-J integrates C2 mission applications/capabilities, database, web technology, and office automation tools. The COE is supplemented with additional C2 unique common services and applications called GCCS-J Common Core, collectively known as the Infrastructure. The Infrastructure serves as the foundation upon which Service and Agency developed mission applications/functional capabilities are integrated across multiple mission areas.

The GCCS-J core infrastructure includes the Integrated C4I System Framework (ICSF) that provides data communications, fusion, and display needs, enabling a full Personal Computer (PC) client. The infrastructure provides Directory Services, Enterprise Management, Web Services, Collaboration Services, and Security Services to include anti-viral and encryption software. The architecture is constructed so that GCCS-J interfaces with external systems, providing easy access to information from the Services, Agencies, and other national assets.

GCCS-J is primarily an integration program and the GCCS-J PMO develops limited mission capabilities in-house. GCCS-J integrates Service and Agency developed mission applications/functional capabilities that are delivered to the joint community. It is the mission applications/functional capabilities, integrated together with the core infrastructure that provide a joint C2 capability supporting the following mission areas: Force Employment, Force Readiness, Force Sustainment, Force Projection (Planning and Deployment/ Redeployment), Force Protection, Situational Awareness, Intelligence, and Cross-Functional/Infrastructure.

Defense Information Systems Agency - Warning .mil secure site

So yeah... the "GLOBAL" is the real deal.... sorry Joe ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:31:01 am by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 04:29:49 am »
Now for the GOOD STUFF

From the earlier spook thread
Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level - PokeyJoe' Posts

The subject again is about the SIPRNET etc issue. This time Joe is responding to a super mod...

reply to post by ADVISOR

Are you sure that you work for the government?  Because if you dont know the difference between the SIPR and NIPR net, then I really have to question what you say is real or not.  Anyone, and I mean anyone who is around either of these 2 networks would know the difference....even if they just mop the floors.

And to say that you dont have to have a clearance to access the SIPRnet is laughable.  You absolutely do have to have a secret security clearance to access it.....and having someone with no clearance log onto it would be a huge security breach.

So judging by your complete lack of knowledge on the subject I am coming to 1 of 2 conclusions.

1. You are totally full of crap and do not work for the government at all or...
2. You may work in some low level unclassified ho-hom government job that does nothing important at all, and you have heard some co-workers talk about other things that only have a grain of knowledge about.

The things you state in your post are just the most simple, elementary facts about working the classified government jobs, that I have to believe that you are full of it.

Sincerely,

Pokey

Wowsers  :o :o

So we can all guess what happened after that right? The next six posts tagged and/or deleted, then he returns with this...

Originally posted by PokeyJoe

I used to think that ATS was one of the top opinion websites too, until today.  Then I discovered what some ex-posters here did. This is a great opinion site only if your opinion agrees with the moderators and staff of this great place.

Maybe John Lear does have it right....all I know is that something is not what it seems.

Originally posted by PokeyJoe

Thank you Zorgon...I don't know how much more proof can be presented.

Although I think you have a few things mixed up.  Its impossible for anyone to access SIPRNet that is not supposed to be there.  Ok, well nothing is impossible I guess, but Ill just say that its never happened.

I think you might be a little confused, or perhaps gotten some faulty information on this "global" thing...there is nothing higher than JWICS, as there is no security clearance "above top secret".  There are compartments and different shreads and such, but no higher clearance, therefore no need for a network higher than JWICS.  I think the global you are talking about is the combined umbrella that is used for secure, classified, real-time information.

(this was before I showed him the global info ;) )

I hope I can get him over here. He may not be able to tell us much, but he is sure our kind of people :D

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:42:21 am by zorgon »

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 06:22:40 am »
I seem to recall a few run-ins with COOL HAND...  Mostly on 9/11, if I recall correctly.  I pegged Him as spook.

NJ Mooch was one I did NOT peg - but, though I can remember His moniker, I don't really remember what We discussed.  Seems I thought He was a sympathetic kinda guy.  It's been quite a while.

You've made Your point, though.  Some spooks are not all that bad.  [grin]
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:25:54 am »
I have never read this info Zorg and only heard loose reference to it from time to time!

I would give you Gold but I don't wanna keep you in them mines digging it up for us seeing you will have to make a weather reporting section ;) :P

Dang popping this link in here as it regards what some spooks were talking about and a find I made in regards to the Navy in the Desert at Alice Springs. 

7. Systems Engineer with Top Secret / SCI clearance and Active CI Poly (Australia)
8. Network Engineers needed in Alice Springs, Australia (Active Top Secret / SCI + CI Poly clearance required)

SOURCE

http://kbarlist.blogspot.com.au/2010_05_30_archive.html

PS feel free to move the above as it may do better elsewhere.  Didn't see some of them nice spooks mention Poly :D

Woot happy to find that link again.. thought it was lost on OM :D

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »
Another ATS is Spook thread

The CIA is on ATS

This one was started by leira7... her main point was that the CIS (etc) was spying on members and analyzing their avatars... "The warning I heed to all ATS members is this: Be careful what you say. " No need to cover the whole thing... it was silly and funny to because she claimed SHE was working for some government agency and stirred up the worms. In the end she got frightened LOL because the real spooks showed up :D

The CIA is on ATS

Now I can post these guys because they did openly declare their status and I have since chatted with them, so it's not blowing any covers ;) This is just to point out that there are many interesting people on the forums :D

Posted by mf_luder
Jedi Knight
Seeker of Lore

Okay, let me throw some reason out here into the swirl of chaos you've stirred up.

I am a US Army Counterintelligence Special Agent.

I can prove that to you offline but not on here.

Under Executive Order 12333, we are prohibited from "spying" on US citizens or collecting information on you for any reason without your knowledge.  The only time it becomes acceptable is when there is an official investigation underway on someone under suspicion of espionage or a similar crime.  That being said, we do not canvas entire sites looking for people to target.  That would be a horrible waste of time and resources for any government agency.  Believe me.  Especially on sites such as this.

Yeah, we like to pride ourselves as being among the best conspiracy sites on the net, but believe me - this place is barely even known by most of the agents I know - supervisors and subordinates.  Since our job is extremely similar to that of the CIA, I highly doubt they're watching this place too.

No, the threads you mentioned probably shouldn't be on ATS.  They should be on BTS, where they belong and you know what - they are interesting in their own right.  Sometimes I see a crazy avatar someone has and wonder why they chose the particular symbology they did.  Does that mean I'm an "OMFG UBER SPY FROM THE DARK MASONIC NWO GOVERNMENT"!!!?!?!??!?!?  .... no.  That means I was curious about an avatar.

So.

Yeah - we (government agents) are on here.

But not because this site is important enough to merit anything more than a curious pause or a good read every once in a while.

Enjoy your paranoia.  :)

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by milesp

...and you very well should, because with the current "change"  ::) in the US, I think a lot of people are forgetting that we are still a free nation.

reply to post by SonicInfinity

Well, hell.

Ask me anything you want.

Ask me about CI, ask me about the Army, ask me anything.

Within my limits as an agent and without revealing anything sensitive, I'll answer any question you ask to the best of my ability.  Just don't insult me because of who I am.

reply to post by THX-1138

The problem with that is if it happens, then all hell will break loose.  That person will come under investigation, there will be active agents on the site looking at everyone the person talked to or dealt with, the servers would more than likely either get hacked or confiscated or both.

Not a pretty sight.

Plus, if something higher than UNCLASSIFED shows up on here, I'm reporting that crap myself.

Call me what you will, but the national security of the US is more important to me than your feelings.

Now when I asked him to show me his badge, he said we can't do that, but he linked me to his photo file and asked if that will do :D

he also had something else in his collection.... Sometime its a small world after all :D

But there you have it from another nice spook... :D  It was REALLY funny in that thread how the tone changed by posters scrambling to say they do nothing wrong... and the OP really did get frightened after it became obvious that he was who he claimed... Too much fun :D

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:40:19 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 06:23:58 pm »
Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy at ATS

I really shouldn't be doing this as it gives me away, but there is no need to hide this information, so here goes.

We are more interested in threads about the 2nd amendment, militias, revolution, etc., as the types of people that support and respond to these are usually domestic terrorists.

And we're Dept of Homeland security, not CIA. Trying to keep Americans safe. that is all.  it is standard operating procedure.  Most discussion boards of a "certain interest" are to be monitored under the National Security Act.  Same as how certain words in  emails and many other communications such as bomb, assassinate, etc. trigger an alert.  All communications on the internet are automatically monitored by us, F.B.I., and a couple other agencies. Like it or not, you have no choice, deal with it.
Remember, your IP address can be traced very easily.

Oh, and have a nice day.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

And no, there is no plan to shut down ATS.  I mean seriously, c'mon, where else would we learn stuff about aliens and UFO's,pyramids, area 51 and other pretty nifty things?

Plus its funny to read everyone's theories on what the agencies actually do.  Most of my job consists of paperwork and browsing the internet.  Same as any office job basically.

As I said in an earlier post.

I do know the NSA monitors EVERY SINGLE E-mail sent or received in the US.  That is fact, I forget what the program is called but it is a web bot that monitors electronic communications for certain key words like bomb, and drugs and whatnot. Then an info agent reads the email to determine if it is national security or not.  Depending on the email, it is then forwarded to an info agent with Dept Homeland Security, FBI, another Agency, or discarded.  How do you think they have caught all the coups wanting to assassinate Obama, through electronic Communications plus surveillance.

Don't think they read your emails? read this New York Times article;

E-Mail Surveillance Renews Concerns in Congress

With the technology in use for emails, wouldn't be that hard to change it to scour the web looking for the same trigger words. And if there is a program to do that, it most certainly would be receiving hits from ATS, A LOT.

And like I said before, like it or not, you have no choice, deal with it.  And watch what you type.
Maybe if I covered my monitor in tin foil they couldn't read its thoughts

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:30:46 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 06:30:15 pm »
Originally posted by jaym19th  the CIA is an intelligence agency used against foreign peoples and corporations.

That is true... but you forget one thing....

People in general, the average poster, uses CIA and FBI as a generic THEM... There are so many agencies its confusing... so its easier to just say CIA as meaning any surveillance.  So while technically the CIA works outside the USA and the FBI is really a national police force, the average poster doesn't see the difference

The only way an Intelligence Agency can collect against a US person is to get permission by the US Attorney General in writing.

That was true before 911... now we have the DHS Department of Homeland Security..

Go find their charter... you will see a lot more leeway on their powers, and so does he NSA. And about that "Permission in Writing"?  How hard do you think that is to get?

New Tech Behind NSA Snoop Case?

The NSA is watching

AT&T Dealt a Setback in Snoop Case

The lawsuit is the first case to reach court involving a secret program authorized by President Bush in which the National Security Agency monitors calls, without court orders, to ferret out sleeper terrorist agents in the United States. Disclosure of the monitoring program has caused an uproar in Washington, where congressional hearings begin today on the appointment of Air Force Gen. Michael Hayden as director of the CIA. Hayden was director of the NSA when Bush's warrantless "terrorist surveillance program" was developed.

AT&T Dealt a Setback in Snoop Case

The Right to Snoop

51 percent approve of the administration's use of these wiretaps — without a court order — to monitor the conversations between al-Qaida suspects and those living in the United States, compared with 46 percent who disapprove."

The Right to Snoop

Pentagon sets its sights on social networking websites

"I AM continually shocked and appalled at the details people voluntarily post online about themselves." So says Jon Callas, chief security officer at PGP, a Silicon Valley-based maker of encryption software. He is far from alone in noticing that fast-growing social networking websites such as MySpace and Friendster are a snoop's dream.

New Scientist has discovered that Pentagon's National Security Agency, which specialises in eavesdropping and code-breaking, is funding research into the mass harvesting of the information that people post about themselves on social networks. And it could harness advances in internet technology - specifically the forthcoming "semantic web" championed by the web standards organisation W3C - to combine data from social networking websites with details such as banking, retail and property records, allowing the NSA to build extensive, all-embracing personal profiles of individuals.

Pentagon sets its sights on social networking websites

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".

Information Operation Roadmap Part 3

The Pentagon's Information Operations Roadmap is blunt about the fact that an internet, with the potential for free speech, is in direct opposition to their goals. The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".

The 2003 Pentagon document entitled the Information Operation Roadmap was released to the public after a Freedom of Information Request by the National Security Archive at George Washington University in 2006. A detailed explanation of the major thrust of this document and the significance of information operations or information warfare was described by me here.

Pentagon: The internet needs to be dealt with as if it were an enemy "weapons system".

Official Pentagon Report Information Operations Roadmap PDF

Now then..

What were you saying?

Anyone wanna see the ECHELON sites around the world?  Just ask  8)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 06:39:41 pm »
Reply to post by zorgon

You're protected by laws older than you are, laws that hundreds and hundreds of Americans died to preserve.

"Which pretty much got wiped clean with Homeland Security "

Hey now, I take offense to that.  Whereas DHS is allowed certain leeway when investigating offenses, DHS always operates within the legal limits given upon the acting agent. 

And any classified information, or top secret information anyone may want to disclose to someone would always be done face to face, never over a phone or internet communication. 
Anyone smart enough to get clearance to this wouldn't be dumb enough to post it for all prying eyes to see considering some of those eyes are officials. IMO

But you would be surprised at the wealth of information accessible with just a little searching and typing if you know where to look. 
Which I am working to put an end to.  Making Classified info stay classified.

oh yeah, someone asked if that one made up agency was hiring. 
I know DHS is in a hiring frenzy right now.
www.DHS.gov if you need a job and want to serve your country

Reply to post by zorgon[more]

Originally posted by Zorgon
"Pentagon sets its sights on social networking websites

"I AM continually shocked and appalled at the details people voluntarily post online about themselves." So says Jon Callas, chief security officer at PGP, a Silicon Valley-based maker of encryption software. He is far from alone in noticing that fast-growing social networking websites such as MySpace and Friendster are a snoop's dream.

New Scientist has discovered that Pentagon's National Security Agency, which specialises in eavesdropping and code-breaking, is funding research into the mass harvesting of the information that people post about themselves on social networks. And it could harness advances in internet technology - specifically the forthcoming "semantic web" championed by the web standards organisation W3C - to combine data from social networking websites with details such as banking, retail and property records, allowing the NSA to build extensive, all-embracing personal profiles of individuals."

Umm, Facebook was started by a CIA agent, look up the history on it.  It gathers all info and puts it into a CIA database.  They set it up and run it, easy as hell for htem to keep tabs on people when its pretending to just be a social networking site.

mobile IP address is a little harder to trace.  If you access the site http://www.whatISmyip.com from a mobile connection or a phone browser you'll notice your IP address changes.

Now if you Access through WIFI at a Starbucks or Mcdonalds it gets a lil easier to trace.  I think it has something to do with your WIFI ID on the computer.

I'm sure there are people working on tracing all this stuff, but i don't really know all that much about it.

Pirating Wireless internet isn't really all that hard.  Most people set up wireless routers and don't password protect, I know a couple friends that don't pay for internet, just pirate their neighbors with their laptops.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:44:41 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 06:41:30 pm »
Actually I have a different Idea of why they need so much information, even the trivial and insignificant stuff

All that data is going into a huge super computer.

If you wanted to create an AI... you would need to input everything, including grandma's recipe for chicken soup. Our brains work as they do because our minds can conceive quantum mechanics yet five minutes later think about making dinner or taking out the trash.

For an AI to be useful and successful it would need tons of seemingly irrelevant data to give it a 'rounded' education

Food for thought...

BUT what would they do with that AI

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 06:43:41 pm »
Reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, that my friend, is the true question.

I'm thinking something along the line of cybernetic soldiers.  You can make them, think, look, act, talk any way you want them to. 
therefore very good for infiltrating and destroying from within the network.

Now I'm not saying they have these yet, but as you say "WHAT IF" they happened to be working on these machines? 

Reply to post by bettermakings

Funny.  You want a job?

40k a year to start out.  that's if you can meet all the requirements.  Pass a a lot of tests from physical to mental to polygraph,  and then you sign your life away at the extent of protecting all the Aholes that think you work to tear apart this country. 

http://www.DHS.gov  hiring frenzy right now. 

Remember guys, not all people in the Govt are against the people.  a lot believe in the constitution and work to keep our homeland safe from people meaning to intend harm on you and your families.  Be it sometimes the ethics and morals of some of these people are questionable, most are doing the job of making sure you can continue to wonder what they are up to. 

But keep questioning, its what keeps them somewhat moral.  But we are seriously in a new age where most people around the world hate us, so some things are necessary to keep freedom. 

Even if the commander in cheif is pushing fascism down our throats, it doesnt have to be accepted willingly.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:50:13 pm by zorgon »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 08:11:05 pm »
So there you have it. Yes we all know what goes on, but it's nice to have it confirmed in black and white by the horse's mouth, so to speak.

There was another one in there... I am sure he was a spook but could never quite pin him down :D We started tossing aircraft at each other... (seems he got himself banned :P )

Originally posted by tristar at ATS
Healthy replies so far. But i am curious as to, if there are gov agents on here, does it pose any real threat to anyone. ?

But do not forget that this site has been categorized as sensitive in the off  chance that you are not aware of that.

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by zorgon

I always like composite materials, there non detectable. Open waters away from wondering eyes.

OOOOOO Now one of those would solve my pesky helicopter problem  ;D

I'll see your toy and raise ya

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by zorgon

I see your raise and accept, here is my little contribution.

About this time a guy pops in and says "lol, john told us this  - WolfElyts" in regards the thread title "CIA is on ATS"

So naturally that starts the comments like;

Originally posted by romanmel
It should be noted John Lear was banned from ATS some time ago, also.

Originally posted by die_another_day
After interviewing John Lear, I thought he was an egotistical businessman. Seriousl
y.

Well then along comes jfj123

Originally posted by jfj123\
I agree.
John Lear is an ego maniac.  If you don't belong to his cult of yes men, you're just an ignorant ahole.  Seriously glad he's not on ATS anymore.

Originally posted by jfj123
I'd rather pull out my own toe nails with a rusty oyster fork then deal with john lear's ego maniacal ramblings again.

It's like when your turn off a noisy fan.  You notice how quiet everything really is when the fan is shut off.....as it is with good ole john.

Besides, he's busy watching lear corp go under :)

Wow such a sweet fellow... and claims to be NAVY at that  :o  So when we played with the toys, he got in to the mix...

Originally posted by jfj123
And let's not forget project Black Star  :)

Oops.  Spilled the beans a bit huh?

So yeah he had mistakenly put "Dark" instead of "Black" and by the time he caught it and fixed it I had already done the search :D

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 08:15:11 pm »
 ;D That was funny... changing Dark Star to Black Star...

Nice one ;) And you said this thread was BS... but now you want to play too...

We have another endurance vehicle called Dark Star, which performs a similar mission but has enhanced survivability. The Dark Star has had its first flight. It experienced a control problem resulting in a crash on its second flight. We have recently reviewed the redesign to deal with the problems experienced, and Dark Star also is on track to begin flying again this fall.

For example, the ability to fly 3,000 miles, loiter at the target for 24 hours or more, and then return to base.

http://www.dau.mil/

Loiter for 24 hours... pretty cool huh?  :o

"....armed with a microwave weapon..."

During an attack, the microwave system would draw power from the vehicle’s
engines to generate the microwave energy. As long as the vehicle has fuel, it can attack enemy targets. The projected maximum capability for a microwave UCAV is approximately 100,000 pulses of microwave energy (or shots) per mission. However, in the case of a typical engagement, a mi-crowave weapon could fire multiple pulses at the target to ensure that it was destroyed or disabled. If one assumes 1,000 pulses per target, it is conceivable that a microwave UCAV could attack on the order of 100 targets per mission.39 In addition, a microwave system could be used to protect the UCAV from enemy missiles if the enemy has the ability to detect low-observable aircraft.

http://www.au.af.mil/

Need a bean scoop?

And nope... no way I am linking to the actual file... Gotta keep some tricks up my sleeve :P

Originally posted by jfj123 at ATS
Yeah had a few beers :)
Dark Star has been flying for a number of years- mid 90's.  Originally the USAF was considering declassifying the Dark Star program to replace the existing, aging shuttles however, "someone" stepped in and canceled that idea :)

So there you have it... how to bait and trap a spook, and come away with some cool information to boot :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:18:57 pm by zorgon »

Offline this_is_who_we_are

• Command Duty Officer
  • Gold 32
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 05:00:37 pm »
So there you have it. Yes we all know what goes on, but it's nice to have it confirmed in black and white by the horse's mouth, so to speak.

There was another one in there... I am sure he was a spook but could never quite pin him down :D We started tossing aircraft at each other... (seems he got himself banned :P )

OOOOOO Now one of those would solve my pesky helicopter problem  ;D

I'll see your toy and raise ya

Well the boys at Dryden in Palmdale did one better...

Wasn't this nice of them?

About this time a guy pops in and says "lol, john told us this  - WolfElyts" in regards the thread title "CIA is on ATS"

So naturally that starts the comments like;

Originally posted by romanmel
It should be noted John Lear was banned from ATS some time ago, also.

Originally posted by die_another_day
After interviewing John Lear, I thought he was an egotistical businessman. Seriousl
y.

Well then along comes jfj123

Wow such a sweet fellow... and claims to be NAVY at that  :o  So when we played with the toys, he got in to the mix...

So yeah he had mistakenly put "Dark" instead of "Black" and by the time he caught it and fixed it I had already done the search :D

I posted back and forth with tristar briefly before he was banned. He had a thread going in RATS. I wish I had saved screenshots of what we were discussing. Or what he was alluding to. I could never figure it out. But the thread seemed to be concerning the NSA base at Sounda Bay. The title was "NSA occupies an area of approximately 110 acres on the North side" And it seemed tristar was trying to get people to research something about it with regard to the Libyan and Egyptian demonstrations.protests during the so-called Arab Spring back in 2010. His posts led me down a path of research that somehow led me to mapping a triangular area of the Mediterranean based on the great Pyramid at Giza.

But that thread by tristar was 404'ed. So I made athread commenting on his thread, and that was 404'ed as well:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread353254/pg2#pid12819713

As I recall, I took the planes of the sides of the great pyramid at Giza and vectored them out in relation to the NSA base at Sounda Bay. Or something like that. Anyway, it was something like this:

he seemed to allude to the fact that I was on the right track. Still don't know what track I was supposed to be on. I vaguely recall him saying something about dividing the triangle somehow. Maybe he was trying to show me where some "thing" was located within the triangle.

Who knows?
"The uninitiated perceive time with no appreciation of the beginning. And no understanding of the end. To them time is an infinite commodity. We know better and we will not waste a second of it. This is who we are."

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter