collapse

Author Topic: Alert: R&D Documents - "Treatment & Disposal Of Radioactive Waste At Fukushima"  (Read 14925 times)

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
PDF file....

You can send it to me and I can upload it to the server

standauffish@earthlink.net

Offline this_is_who_we_are

• Command Duty Officer
  • Gold 32
Dimentional Detective was also one, he disappeared in is likely he was caught in the disaster

I remember his excellent threads of which there were many. Since leaving Tango (being thrown out actually) I haven't kept up over there at all. Although I do peek in every now and then.

Oh yeah... I digress:

Dimensional Detective disappeared? That's very sad news to hear. He was one of the good guys.
"The uninitiated perceive time with no appreciation of the beginning. And no understanding of the end. To them time is an infinite commodity. We know better and we will not waste a second of it. This is who we are."

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
Dimensional Detective disappeared? That's very sad news to hear. He was one of the good guys

Yes... someone checked up on that and it appears that he was 'boots on the ground" in Japan at the time... No word from him since that time. I don't recall who it was that mentioned it but it seems he may have passed in that disaster. Protoplasmic Traveler was also banned LOL He stopped in here briefly then did his own forum. Not heard from him in some years but then I haven't popped in on him either

I could never understand the mentality of ATS  to prop up the handful of true content providers  and then ban them when they get to the top...

and then use those awesome threads to promote ATS

LOL

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
So to say "prefer original sources" is a red herring when the original sources are not presenting the facts
It's not a red herring, it's what I want, regardless of how right that original source is/was, as that shows me what they said. And I prefer to start from the beginning instead of looking at a source that may be second or third hand information, without any way of knowing who may have "spiked" that information with what they wanted the target audience to see or who may have removed things that were not convenient to be seen by the target audience.

If the end story doesn't match the original source then we can look for the changes from version to version and we may not only get closer to the real information but we may also see who changed what, and so we get information those that did the changes.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
I could never understand the mentality of ATS  to prop up the handful of true content providers  and then ban them when they get to the top...
:-X

;)

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
Z, it was me that started the search for DD; Armap checked and his last post was only a short while before the tsunami hit... I haven't heard a word, had an email or message from my friend since that day, and yes, he was in northern Japan...

@Armap: from the time Fukin'shima happened until it just became impossible to keep up with, Zorgon,  Burntheships, and myself amongst others like The Redneck were major-ly involved in that thread on spookz; all you need do is go back and look at the pics posted showing reactors 1,2,and 3; the whole damn top blew off of #3 and is lying in plain sight some yards away from the body of the vessel...

Containment??? only of the truth about what actually happened...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
@Armap: from the time Fukin'shima happened until it just became impossible to keep up with, Zorgon,  Burntheships, and myself amongst others like The Redneck were major-ly involved in that thread on spookz; all you need do is go back and look at the pics posted showing reactors 1,2,and 3; the whole damn top blew off of #3 and is lying in plain sight some yards away from the body of the vessel...

Containment??? only of the truth about what actually happened...
Did I say that it didn't happen or that it was contained?

• Command Duty Officer
  • Gold 32
These items may be of interest:

Release of Radioactive Substances into the Sea and International Law: The Japanese Experience in the Course of Nuclear Disaster
- Yukari Takamura
"The International Law of Disaster Relief"
ediited by David D. Carson, Michael J. Kelly, Anastasia Telesetsky
Cambridge University Press, 2014
https://books.google.com/books?id=Ai8DBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA89&dq=editions:ISBN1107665604&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q=editions%3AISBN1107665604&f=false

Gov’t Official: Chilling report from Pacific Ocean… “Silence on the seas” — “Quite literally, there isn’t any fish” — Japan Professor: Fukushima posing reproduction risk to marine life, ongoing concern over bio-accumulation of radioactive material
Published: July 21st, 2015 at 9:16 pm ET
http://enenews.com/govt-official-chilling-report-pacific-ocean-silence-seas-very-very

"Senator Penelope Wright, Parliament of Australia, Mar 5, 2015 (emphasis added): “Like many others, I read an article in 2013 by Ivan Macfadyen called ‘The ocean is broken‘. It was published in The Sydney Morning Herald… He is an experienced sailor, so he had the ability to compare his experience then with… other trips. It was chilling. It was heartbreaking really. He had noticed changes in the last years. Basically, he was confronted by the silence that he heard, the silence on the seas, and he realised that this was attributable to the fact that they saw very, very few birds. They also caught very few fish… two fish.”

CBC: We all thought we’re doomed from Fukushima, it’s “going to spread across Pacific and they’ll be no fish and the sea life will be dead” — Professor: It’s releasing radioisotopes directly into ocean as we speak and we can’t predict when it will end; An ongoing disaster, reactors not under control
Published: August 17th, 2014 at 6:09 pm ET
http://enenews.com/cbc-all-felt-doomed-fukushima-spreading-across-pacific-theyll-be-fish-sea-life-will-be-dead-professor-releasing-radioisotopes-directly-ocean-speak-sight-reactors-control-ongoing-disaster-audio-vid

TV: Mystery ‘green goo’ decimating fishing on West Coast — “Like ectoplasm in Ghostbusters” — Experts: “About as severe as we could ever anticipate… Lot of unusual things going on” — “We’re not catching any fish… Never as bad as right now… Almost non-existent… Worst season ever”
Published: July 20th, 2015 at 9:40 pm ET
http://enenews.com/tv-like-ectoplasm-ghostbusters-major-problem-west-coast-fishermen-pulling-thick-blankets-slime-instead-fish-experts-about-severe-could-anticipate-lot-unusual-going-catching-fish-never-bad

Fukushima Accident — Contamination of the Environment, IRSN (at 7:30 in): The Fukushima accident resulted in the largest release of radioactive substances every observed over a short period of time… The ocean currents disperse the radioactive pollutants away from Japan and towards the coast of the United States. Nevertheless, the area close to the shore of Fukushima is likely to remain polluted… Watch the film here:
http://www.irsn.fr/EN/publications/thematic-safety/fukushima/Pages/2-fukushima-understanding-environment.aspx
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:38:57 am by this_is_who_we_are »
"The uninitiated perceive time with no appreciation of the beginning. And no understanding of the end. To them time is an infinite commodity. We know better and we will not waste a second of it. This is who we are."

• Command Duty Officer
  • Gold 32
THIS JUST IN

Latest Report on Radiation Levels in Fukushima 7/21/15
Vande Putte, Sekiguchi & Tadano: "Latest report on Radiation levels in Fukushima" Jan Vande Putte: Greenpeace Belgium Energy Campaigner, Radiation Protection Advisor
Mamoru Sekiguchi: Greenpeace Japan Energy Campaigner
Yasushi Tadano: Lawyer for Fukushima evacuees

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljfgbGcsVc[/youtube]

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
How about THIS one? (Thanks A51 )

[youtube]1HwPOQXKvSg[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=1HwPOQXKvSg

Offline A51Watcher

• Administrator
  • Gold 593

Yeah this one appears to have unsettling implications -

The jet stream(s) appears to have no problem carrying quite a dose not only across the Pacific, but as far east as Ontario as well. It is then reasonable to assume that covering the relatively small remaining distance to the east coast is quite likely.

The next question is then - just how tenacious are these jet steams and clouds?  Could they possibly make the journey across the Atlantic?

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
The jet streams don't have any problem crossing the Atlantic or the Pacific, the only thing that may make them less of a "radiation/pollution highway" is their altitude.

• Command Duty Officer
  • Gold 32
THIS JUST IN

A Bering Strait Ocean Sample….
Gay Sheffield
UAF, Alaska Sea Grant
Marine Advisory Program
NOME, ALASKA

US Gov’t Expert: Fukushima is always on people’s minds… a lot of concern and worry about radiation’s role in unusual marine deaths — Reports of shrunken or enlarged organs, black kidneys, sores on liver, slime in mouth, discolored skin — Mortality in intertidal zone like “we haven’t seen before” (VIDEO)
Published: August 11th, 2015 at 12:40 am ET
By ENENews
http://enenews.com/govt-expert-fukushima-always-peoples-minds-lot-concern-about-radiations-role-unusual-marine-deaths-reports-shrunken-enlarged-internal-organs-blackened-kidneys-sores-liver-slime-coming-mouth-discolo

Gay Sheffield, NOAA Sea Grant (US Dept. of Commerce) marine advisory agent, July 2014 at 31:00 in (emphasis added): “I’m here in Bering Strait and I know there’s people [on this call] from all over the state, so they may not be familiar with some of our events.

A long list of unusual events soon after Fukushima may explain why it’s “always on people’s minds” in Alaska:

Nanwalek, AK… Change in barnacle numbers raises harvest questions… Above normal amounts of barnacles [have] fallen from the coastal rocks. They are concerned about the amount of change in the shellfish… We have not seen this before and… are worried about the safety of chitons and shellfish to eat.

Shishmaref, AK… Discolored seal with sores on side flipper… Hopefully this seal will bring us closer to understanding what may be causing the illness and disease that our marine mammals are being affected by… [Another seal] came from Russia, colored orange.

Shishmaref, AK… Unusual bearded seal… slime within the mouth… upon butchering there was hardly any fat… the liver was described as small… approximately 1/2 the size of a normal liver… kidney was approximately twice as big as the other… the bigger kidney had the appearance of darker color, and also most black… [sores] on the liver and kidney.
Old Harbor, AK… Three dead whales…This is an unusual sighting for us.

McDonald Spit, AK… Intertidal zone barnacle mortality… The fauna on the intertidal rocks seems to decreased… A lot of the large barnacle shells are empty… [We] are concerned and curious what caused this change.

St. George, AK… Two marine mammal carcasses were found… I’m getting out information so if other dead mammals are spotted… we could get a better understanding

Nome, AK… Beached decaying grey whale washed up

Elim, AK… Several sightings of dead baby belugas… over the past few days. There is at least two more baby belugas washed up on the beach… we don’t see stranded ones very often… We are concerned… and wonder why they occur.

Moses Point, AK … dead beluga whale.

Old Harbor, AK… Dead humpback whale… Our concern has to do with the impact it might have to our subsistence lifestyle. It is unusual to find so many dead whales.

Saint George, AK… Red colored water observed in harbor… The community members who brought this to my attention said they haven’t seen anything like this.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT

Yeah this one appears to have unsettling implications -

The jet stream(s) appears to have no problem carrying quite a dose not only across the Pacific, but as far east as Ontario as well. It is then reasonable to assume that covering the relatively small remaining distance to the east coast is quite likely.

The next question is then - just how tenacious are these jet steams and clouds?  Could they possibly make the journey across the Atlantic?

EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]