collapse

Author Topic: Our Higher Selves  (Read 3292 times)

Offline micjer

• Gold 100
Our Higher Selves
« on: April 06, 2017, 06:40:19 am »
Higher self

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_self

Higher self is a term associated with multiple belief systems, but its basic premise describes an eternal, omnipotent, conscious, and intelligent being, who is one's real self.

The Higher Self is generally regarded as a form of being only to be recognized in a union with a divine source. In recent years the New Age faith has encouraged the idea of the Higher Self in contemporary culture, though the notion of the Higher Self has been interpreted throughout numerous historical spiritual faiths. Some denominations believe that the higher self is a part of an individual's metaphysical identity, while others teach that the higher self is essentially our tie to the heavens. Similar to the notion of the soul, the higher self can be defined by many different sects, while also being a topic of interest in the scientific and philosophical fields
[/i]

This information is nothing new to me.  What is new is finding out how one can connect to one's higher self.

I feel that there are 3 ways.

First one, we probably don't even realize that we are.  They are (higher selves) our spirit guides and help to steer us in the right direction.  Help us to make decisions.  Protect us.

side note....When I was a kid, my mother had an extension cord going out a window jam to some christmas lights.  Well it had rained over night and the cord shorted out and the curtains caught on fire.  My dad had got up early that morning, and was heading out to work.  He suddenly had an urge to go back into the house!  He wasn't sure why, but when he came in to kitchen he knew.  The curtains were glowing.  He quickly grabbed the curtains and smothered the fire.  If he hadn't come back I am sure my mother and I would not be here.  To me that was our higher selves doing their magic.

The second way to communicate is through someone like Dolores Cannon in a hypnotic state.  She did this for people for over 40 years, and wrote numerous books and did many lectures on the topic.  The interesting thing was that no matter who she worked with, she could reach the same source of knowledge.  She called it the S C or subconscious.

The third way, we can access ourselves.  First and foremost we have to ask!  According to the laws of Free Will, they cannot intervene unless asked.  They can protect us, but only give us information if we ask.  In our sleep state is when most likely to get our information.

I have been told, that the proper way of doing this is, before going to sleep, ask for a protective white light to surround yourself to protect from any negative energies.  Secondly to ask (think) that the information given to be for the betterment of mankind.  Third ask(think) your question.

Try to keep your question so that it can be answered.  Try to keep it specific.  The answer should come to you in your dreams.  It will likely be in a metaphoric state, so you will have to translate, but it is amazing what can be learned. 

I will wake up in the night after having a dream, and something will all of sudden make sense.  Waking up first thing in the morning, I find a problem that I did have now has a solution.

Let me give you an example that I had.

One night as I was going sleep, I asked if the information about us being all one and connected to the universe was true.

I had a friend who tragically passed away a couple of years ago, that was really into the universe/ us all being one etc. Everyone thought she was a little odd thinking that way.

Anyways in my dream I am floating around (not sure where) and suddenly I came upon this old friend.  I simply said to her "Oh hi Linda!  How have you been?."  She replied "Good.  Nice to see you"!. That was it but...

when I woke up and thought about it, that was my answer.  It was confirmation to me that her beliefs were true and it answered my question.

The only people in the world, it seems, who believe in conspiracy theory, are those of us that have studied it.    Pat Shannon

Offline Hierogylphic

• Regular Members
  • Gold 1
Re: Our Higher Selves
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 02:09:10 am »
Perhaps our brain acts as a sort of "filter" from our "higher selves", an interface for it to work with the material world. I think, if we master the art of accessing different states of consciousness, it may be possible to be in tune with our "higher self". I have been reading and pondering about this exact thing the last couple of days. There seems to be many interesting ways to access altered states of consciousness along with the hypnotic state: https://www.tantricpagans.com/altered-states-of-consciousness
Interesting quote by Aldous Huxley at the beginning on how our brains might actually be a reducing valve.

Taking various forms of psychedelics also somehow tend to connect us with a "self" that can see much more than our usual self and it is the easiest "quick" way to see this phenomenon in action.  Shamans always tended to be adepts at accessing different states of consciousness and by accessing various "trance" states and by the use of psychedelics. They also seem to have the ability to "switch" their personalities at will, for various purposes, and considered various forms of mental diseases as "signs from the spirits", rather than as a mental illness: https://www.tantricpagans.com/psychedelic-shamanism-modern-shaman/
Perhaps all these are "door ways" to a self that we are not normally aware of, and it may explain why Shamans also had various occult abilities. 

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter