collapse

Author Topic: Geoengineering Watch  (Read 13223 times)

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
Geoengineering Watch
« on: July 15, 2013, 11:37:28 am »
The news is littered with articles on a near daily basis concerning
geoengineering. Years ago, the topic rarely popped up.

This is indicative of an agenda, one that does need to be
kept a close watch on. Upon finding this article below,
about secret meetings, it seems needed to create a
watch thread for this type of activity, this begs the
question, why the secret meetings? Nary a word of this
in the Amercian press.

Full article quoted below to preserve the record.

Secret meeting on climate dangers
convened last summer

Tipping point in global warming by 2050, geo-engineering on agenda
 By Mike De Souza, Postmedia News June 25, 2013

Prime Minister Stephen Harper's national security adviser Stephen Rigby turned down a request to join a secret meeting attended by other senior government officials invited last summer to plan for worst-case global-warming scenarios.

The public service department that supports the prime minister's office - the Privy Council Office - said Monday that it didn't send anyone to the meeting, convened by the former deputy minister at Environment Canada, Paul Boothe, who also invited the heads of Canada's spy agency, the Department of National Defence and the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade to attend.

A spokeswoman for PCO wasn't immediately able to say whether it followed up on information shared during the session.

The discussion, outlined in documents that were marked "secret" but declassified for release through access-to-information legislation, predicted that the world would likely reach a tipping point in global warming by 2050, missing an international target agreed to by Harper and other international leaders at 2009 negotiations in Copenhagen as part of a deal to avoid irreversible damage to the planet's ecosystems and its economy.

"If greenhouse gas emissions continue unabated, models predict (the) 2 C warming target, agreed to in Copenhagen will be exceeded by mid-century," said a presentation delivered by Environment Canada at the July 5, 2012 meeting.

"To avoid surpassing it, global CO2 emissions must level off immediately, and decline to negative values before end of century (implying net CO2 extraction from atmosphere), or other means of moderating warming would be needed."

The Environment Canada presentation warned of several potential impacts of temperature increases, including increases in extreme weather events such as floods, droughts, heat waves and cyclones as well as impacts on coastal cities, food security and biodiversity loss.

Most representatives on the list of invitees, including the Canadian Security and Intelligence Service and the Department of National Defence, said Monday that they were trying to track down information about their role in the closed-door discussion.

Natural Resources Canada and the Department of Fisheries and Oceans referred questions to Environment Canada, but the latter department's Gatineau headquarters were closed for the Quebec holiday Monday.

U.S. President Barack Obama, who is slated to deliver his own climate-change plan in a speech on Tuesday, led international discussions in Copenhagen, which resulted in the voluntary agreement that aims to prevent global warming of more than two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.

The special meeting, spear-headed by Boothe, was one of the first major government-wide discussions of "geo-engineering" - described by Environment Canada as a deliberate large-scale intervention in the planet's climate to counteract or reverse the warming effects of heat-trapping greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide.

It was also the last major meeting convened by Boothe before he retired from the public service to accept a position as a director of a policy centre at Western University's Richard Ivey School of Business.

Geo-engineering methods could include adding iron to oceans to enhance their absorption of carbon dioxide, sulphur injections in the atmosphere or satellite mirrors to block or reflect solar radiation or large-scale afforestation.

Calgary-based climate scientist David Keith, a professor of applied physics and public policy at Harvard University, asked Boothe in a March 2012 email to examine the issue, noting that there was an emerging debate about international research co-ordination and regulations surrounding geo-engineering methods.

Keith, who was cleaning out his basement Monday damaged by the recent flooding in southern Alberta, said in an interview that geo-engineering options and their potential impacts need to be studied as an option to help protect vulnerable populations in developing countries from the effects and extreme weather events linked to existing greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

But he stressed that the planet would still need to reduce the human-produced greenhouse gas emissions, linked mainly to consumption of fossil fuels, as part of a comprehensive response to global warming.

"No amount of geo-engineering in the future will help if we don't cut emissions," Keith said.

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

http://www.montrealgazette.com/technology/Secret+meeting+climate+dangers+convened+last+summer/8573384/story.html

Original Source
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/technology/Secret+meeting+climate+dangers+convened+last+summer/8573384/story.html

http://www.desmog.ca/2013/06/24/environment-canada-considers-geo-engineering-climate-fix-secret-meeting
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:18:56 pm by burntheships »
"This is the Documentary Channel"
- Zorgon

Offline andolin

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 29
  • "As above, So below".....Hermes
Re: Geoengineering Watch
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 11:43:36 am »
Whistleblowe Snowden allegedly had some stuff about Geo-Engineering...specifically Chemtrails...
Talks about a black program called ” Muad’Dib "...Apparently a reference to Gaea becoming a dune like planet if the Geo-Engineering doesn't work. Stuff is apparently tied to HARP, Big Oil, and Monsanto....
ATS has threads going on this also.
http://www.disclose.tv/forum/snowden-uncovers-shocking-truth-behind-chemtrails-t85183.html

Andy

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 04:38:54 pm »
well if doon it is then they should back it up with real evidence.instead of just pulling crap on us.the people of the planet have a right and a need to know.otherwise i think this global warming stuff was created by our gov and being tested on us to stimulate the economy and justify a world wide carbon tax.
imho.
ive never been much for rules.
being me has its priviledges.

Dumbledore

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 05:18:14 pm »
Can't find it just now but I heard reports that CO2 actually COOLS the planet - but the methane that is threatening to be released planet-wide is another whole ballgame.

Hmmmm. Methane.  Wonder how it would burn in high concentrations in the atmosphere...?

Hmmmm.
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 05:45:12 pm »
they should back it up with real evidence.instead of just pulling crap on us.

I suspect they have none  ;D

this global warming stuff was created by our gov

It appears so, in cahoots with a few other NATO partners for the
reasons you have stated, and a few others ...including wealth redistribution.
They have about 40% of the population fooled.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:59:51 pm by burntheships »
- Zorgon

sky otter

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 06:20:07 pm »

some interesting things i found.. to read any of them completely..go to the link

http://o.canada.com/2013/06/24/canadian-spy-agency-top-security-officials-attended-secret-meeting-on-climate-dangers-in-2012/#.UcjKP_vSfLo.twitter

Mike De Souza
Published: June 24, 2013, 5:22 pm
Updated: 3 weeks agoA A A A A A OTTAWA – Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s national security adviser Stephen Rigby turned down a request to join a secret meeting attended by other senior government officials invited last summer to plan for worst-case global warming scenarios.

The public service department that supports the prime minister’s office – the Privy Council Office – said Monday that it didn’t send anyone to the meeting, convened by the former deputy minister at Environment Canada, Paul Boothe, who also invited the heads of Canada’s spy agency, the Department of National Defence and the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade to attend. A spokeswoman for PCO wasn’t immediately able to say whether it followed up on information shared during the session

The discussion, outlined in documents that were marked “secret” but declassified for release through access to information legislation, predicted that the world would likely reach a tipping point in global warming by 2050, missing an international target agreed to by Harper and other international leaders at 2009 negotiations in Copenhagen as part of a deal to avoid irreversible damage to the planet’s ecosystems and its economy.

http://intellihub.com/2013/05/13/us-geoengineering-budget-exceeds-billions/

US Geoengineering Budget Exceeds Billions
May 13, 2013 | Filed under: *Intelligence Briefings,Americas,Avalon,Depopulation,Environment,Featured,Health,Shepard Ambellas,Tech,Weather | Posted by: Avalon
The Conspiracy Facts on Aerosol Geoengineering: A Global Multi–Billion Dollar a Year Research Experiment in Progress Now
Intelligence Briefing

http://www.geoengineer.org/

The International Information Center for Geoprofessionals

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

http://bipartisanpolicy.org/projects/task-force-geoengineering/about

New Report: Task Force On Climate Remediation Research

In early 2010, the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) launched a Task Force on Geoengineering. This effort is aimed at exploring the emerging policy and political issues raised by research activities designed to intentionally alter the earth’s natural environment to counteract the effects of climate change. The study of these techniques has moved from the fringes of scientific speculation to the center of an increasingly intense evaluation by scientists and policymakers. For example, the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Science & Technology held a series of hearings in 2009-10 on geoengineering and numerous scientific societies around the world have begun to examine the field.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/

Geoengineering Affects You and Your Loved Ones!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2011/oct/06/us-push-geoengineering

Big names behind US push for geoengineering
A coalition representing the most powerful academic, military, scientific and corporate interests has set its sights on vast potential profits

British scientists have pulled back from geoengineering projects but the US is forging ahead. Photograph: Gallo Images/Getty Images
UK scientists last week "postponed" one of the world's first attempts to physically manipulate the upper atmosphere to cool the planet. Okay, so the Stratospheric Particle Injection for Climate Engineering project wasn't actually going to spray thousands of tonnes of reflective particles into the air to replicate a volcano, but the plan to send a balloon with a hose attached 1km into the sky above Norfolk was an important step towards the ultimate techno-fix for climate change.

The reason the British scientists gave for pulling back was that more time was needed for consultation. In retrospect, it seems bizarre that they had only talked to a few members of the public. It was only when 60 global groups wrote to the UK government and the resarch groups behind the project requesting cancellation that they paid any attention to critics.

Over the Atlantic, though, the geoengineers are more gung-ho. Just days after the British got cold feet, the Washington-based thinktank the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) published a major report calling for the United States and other likeminded countries to move towards large-scale climate change

pdf

Geoengineering: Governance and Technology Policy - Federation of ...
www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41371.pdf?
by K Bracmort - 2013 - Cited by 5 - Related articles
Jan 2, 2013 - 10 U.S. Congress, House Committee on Science and Technology, Geoengineering: Assessing the Implications of Large-. Scale Climate ...

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 10:29:12 pm »
haarp rings ?

Dumbledore

deuem

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 12:06:43 am »
Never once saw a chemtrail in China. What ever it is, good or bad we are out of the loop. I think that is a good thing from what I have read they are using. Today it is 75 degrees with gray skies. No lines, No sun shinning through, Nice and cool...
Deuem

Offline robomont

• Inventor's Group
  • Gold 215
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 12:52:10 am »
yall may use a different technigue.olympics?
my guess it has something to do w microwave since our whole em system has changed but i primarily speak of radar.usa has no radars for planes anymore just military and weather.we use beacons for air traffic so my guess that frequency range is where the weather mod is happening.

Dumbledore

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 01:14:43 pm »
Here it appears that a group of the leading scientists
in the Geoengineering field are making a push for
the implementation of the program.

[youtube]vQkGZW4tSiA[/youtube]

David Keith on Climate Policy

by Doug Gavel, interviewed April 17, 2014

Americans are well acquainted with the many arguments framing the global warming debate, yet governments across the world seem paralyzed in the face of potentially serious environmental consequences. David Keith, professor of public policy at Harvard Kennedy School and the Gordon McKay Professor of Applied Physics at the Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, has worked at the nexus of climate science, energy technology and public policy for twenty years.

....................Q. Describe the potential geo-engineering solutions to this problem. How do they work? What are some of the potential negative side effects?

Keith: So, it’s pretty clear that it’s technically possible to substantially reduce climate risk in most places in the world for many kind of variables, not just temperature, but also precipitation or soil moisture, and to do so, say, for the next 50 years by putting reflective particles into the stratosphere. Putting pollutant like sulfuric acid in the stratosphere is an ugly technical fix, yet and the core technical knowledge is broadly agreed by a significant number of people in the climate geo-science world. But politically it could hardly be more controversial.
 http://www.hks.harvard.edu/news-events/publications/insight/international/keith

- Zorgon

sky otter

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 07:01:03 am »

i don't think they are going to do it.. i think we have already been part of the experiment   >:(

last nights local news was about a man who passed at 56 with his dna having been altered by pesticides...i will post it below..hope you go to the lin to hear the vid

my neighbor  has had lawn care forever.. i have objected every year.. about the smell being just one of the problems
his wife has had two cancers and both of his daughters one brain tumor and one breast and ovarian...they are all alive but not what could be labeled as well..
and they still odn't get it..

i say this  to project my opinion that it may be too late already.. not gloom and doom but
realistic observation..sad realistic observation

here's the local story

http://www.wtae.com/news/pittsburgh-sportscaster-suing-chemical-companies-over-dads-death/25999560

Pittsburgh sportscaster suing chemical companies over dad's death
Rich Walsh says pesticides used on golf courses killed his father
UPDATED 7:42 PM EDT May 15, 2014

vid at link
MURRYSVILLE, Pa. —A Pittsburgh sportscaster is taking on some of the nation's biggest chemical companies, accusing them of making pesticides that killed his father. Tom Walsh died of leukemia at just 56 years old, after he spent 38 years working on Pittsburgh-area golf courses.

“Not only my dad, but he was my best friend too,” said his son, sportscaster Rich Walsh.

VIDEO: Click Here to Watch Paul Van Osdol's Report

He grew up around the golf courses his dad was responsible for keeping green.

Among them the former Alcoma Country Club in Penn Hills where Tom Walsh worked for more than two decades.

“He loved golf. He loved working outside. He loved to take care of golf courses,” Rich Walsh said.

Rich and his dad were playing golf back in the summer of 2008 when his father got terribly sick.

They thought it was a bad cold but tests showed Tom Walsh had acute myeloid leukemia. He ended up in a medically-induced coma.

“At one point they told me he was the sickest person in Pittsburgh. He made it out of the coma and we thought we were in the clear,” Walsh said.

But in February 2009, when Rich was flying back from a Steelers Super Bowl victory, he got the call that would change his life.

“Got a phone call on the plane that he went into cardiac arrest, and he lost all brain activity,” Walsh said.

The next day, Tom Walsh was dead.

“I'd give up everything I have to have him here sitting next to me right now,” Walsh said. “It’s just so hard even five years later.”

Rich's perspective changed after his dad's oncologist showed him the results of genetic testing on Tom Walsh.

“He pointed out how my dad's DNA was altered and his chromosomes were changed throughout the years because of exposure to chemicals,” Walsh said.

“And the only chemicals Mr. Walsh ever worked with were pesticides,” said Anthony D’Amico, Walsh’s attorney.

D’Amico said log books discovered by Rich after his father's death are another key piece of evidence.

In them Tom Walsh detailed every pesticide he applied over the course of nearly two decades ,down to the date and the amount.

Chemicals like Daconil, Dylox and Chipco. Also Dursban, which was withdrawn from home and garden use in 2000 because of EPA concerns.

Companies making those chemicals and others - Bayer, BASF, Dow, John Deere Landscapes, Monsanto and Syngenta - were named in a lawsuit filed by Rich Walsh and his dad's estate.

“I feel like they took my dad away from me. I feel like they murdered my dad,” Walsh said.

One company, Syngenta, said in a statement that all the chemicals named in the suit "must undergo a rigorous registration process" with the EPA that includes "more than 120 public studies and numerous intricate regulatory submissions to evaluate any potential impact on the environment and human health."

In court records, the companies argue there is no evidence showing any specific chemicals caused Tom Walsh's death.

The companies also criticize Walsh's medical experts, with Bayer saying in one document, "On its face, that 'methodology' is at best, novel science, and, at worst, no science at all."

Jay Feldman of the advocacy group Beyond Pesticides has heard that before.

“When you call these types of conclusions junk science then you're basically ignoring the body of scientific literature,” Feldman said. “You see incredible connections between brain cancer, leukemia, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, with a lot of these chemicals that are used in turf management.”

A study of former golf course superintendents found they had higher levels of four types of cancer: brain, lymphoma, prostate and large intestine. While the study found the pattern was similar to other occupations using pesticide, it did not say any specific chemicals caused cancer.

“I would say golf course superintendent is in one of the highest risk categories when it comes to exposure to pesticides,” Feldman said.

Reporter Paul Van Osdol asked the state Agriculture Department - which oversees pesticide applicators - about that study.

Van Osdol: “Should they be concerned about working around these chemicals?”

Lisa Candelore, Agriculture Department: “I think anybody using any type of chemical needs to take the proper steps.”

That includes wearing protective clothing, goggles and even a respirator.

Rich says his dad did all of that.

“You do what the chemical companies tell you to do but it still didn't save my dad's life,” he said.

Some of the chemicals used by Tom Walsh twenty or thirty years ago have since been banned or restricted by the EPA. And, while pesticides are still widely used on golf courses, some courses in the Pittsburgh area have moved toward using organic products.

More than two dozen area courses - including Glengarry Golf Links in Latrobe - are now using organic fertilizer. And they're using fewer toxic chemicals, according to Rich Bryce of Advanced Turf Solutions.

“We are absolutely going toward more environmentally and people friendly products, because it's the right thing to do,” Bryce said.

Among the courses going green is Rolling Fields in Murrysville. The owner is Rich Walsh, whose father took over the course only a couple years before his death.

Tom Walsh- nicknamed T-Bone - is remembered on the walls and even at the bar.

Every year they hold a tournament to raise money for the Western Pennsylvania Cancer Institute where Tom Walsh was treated.

Rich hopes something positive also comes out of his lawsuit.

Van Osdol: “You trying to send a message with this?”

Walsh: “Yeah. I don't know if one person can do it but I'm going to try.”

This legal battle has been going on for four years and it's not expected to end anytime soon.

One local pesticide distributor named in the lawsuit, E.H. Griffith, recently reached a settlement with Rich Walsh.

Experts say golfers do not face the same exposure to chemicals as course superintendents. But they say golfers should definitely take these precautions:

Avoid putting anything in your mouth that touches the golf course, including tees or cigars.

And wash your hands after you finish your round.

Offline burntheships

• Administrator
  • Gold 277
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 11:20:41 am »
@ Sky
Wow, just a very sad account. The DNA is something new
to me, I had never thought about that. However....it makes
perfect sense, if pesticides can change wheat chromosomes,
then surely they can change ours too.

:o :o

As for the climate control....I too think there have been
tests at least in certain areas, and it seems maybe
along with the spraying for black ops that they
have done it for Solar Radiatiion Management to
some degree. I do not doubt that at all.

- Zorgon

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 11:40:25 am »
I'm rooting for that guy and his cause Sky! and I'm not a fan of land locked up in Golf Course's mind you :D

Offline The Seeker

• grouchy, old, but inquisitive...
  • Administrator
  • Gold 426
  • The one-armed Bandit
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 01:57:58 pm »
Agent Orange (dioxin) causes severe chromosome damage... I also believe that many varied substances have been injected into the upper atmosphere for "research" and whatever reason... Hints have been made that harp along with certain airborne aerosol elements may actually be a defensive mechanism against cosmic radiation, among other things...

seeker
Look closely: See clearly: Think deeply; and Choose wisely...
Trolls are crunchy and good with ketchup...
Seekers Domain

sky otter

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 03:53:12 pm »

how interesting that i got this e-mail from a friend today..don't cha just luv when that happens. ;)

Click here: Is Your Lawn Killing You? - House & Home - Chesterfield, MO Patch
http://chesterfield.patch.com/groups/house-and-home/p/is-your-lawn-killing-you64101

Is Your Lawn Killing You?
A growing body of research shows common pesticides are putting kids and pets at risk.

Posted by Patch National Desk , May 14, 2014 at 02:29 PM

By Melinda Carstensen

Lawn chemicals are making us sick.

That’s the message of a recent New York Times piece by Diane Lewis, a New York-based doctor and the author of “The Healthy Yard Project.”

Store-bought pesticides, fertilizers and weed killers contain toxic chemicals that put people and animals at risk — especially children and pets coming into contact with recently treated lawns.

When chemicals are washed with rainwater into rivers and streams, and are absorbed into the ground, they can pollute drinking water and other aquifers. Despite these potential risks, there are few standards for what sorts of chemicals are acceptable for use on lawns, or in what amounts.

“The amounts of these chemicals are small and often considered ‘acceptable,’ but scientists now know that they have a cumulative effect,” Lewis writes in the Times. “Many chemicals that we use very casually on our lawns cause long-term health problems in ways that have only recently been understood.”

Do you use chemicals on your lawn, and if so, do you worry about their safety? Do you think the EPA should set larger-scale safety measures for fertilizers and pesticides that apply to homeowners? Tell us in comments below.

High exposure to chemicals like glyphosate, carbaryl, malathion, and 2,4-D may affect the endocrine system, causing infertility, Parkinson’s disease and Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Small amounts have been linked to autism, ADHD, diabetes and cancer, experts say.

The Endocrine Society, which studies diseases related to the hormonal system, published a statement in 2009 based on 485 research papers that showed the potential health effects of endocrine-disrupting chemicals.

These studies take decades, Lewis argues, adding, “this means that there are more studies implicating older chemicals, many of which are no longer sold because of known toxicities.” Scientists suspect chemicals still in use are equally harmful.

Nathan Diegelman, of the S.T.A.T.E. Foundation, wrote about how pesticides can harm homeowners and their neighbors in an op-ed for the research website chem-tox.com.

“Many components are classified as ‘inert,’ which allows them to be kept hidden from the public and not listed on product labels,” Diegelman writes. “Listed chemicals can be just as dangerous. They include components of wartime defoliants like Agent Orange, nerve-gas type insecticides, and artificial hormones. Some the federal government has even prohibited from use on its own property.”

The EPA advises homeowners to wear protective clothing and read warning labels on packages before using pesticides. While the Environmental Protection Agency has announced new pesticide safety guidelines to protect farmworkers, no formal set of guidelines exists for homeowners. And experts estimatehomeowners use up to 10 times more chemicals per acre than farmers do.

Some towns across America have started initiatives to cut down on the list of potentially harmful chemicals used by their residents. In the Patch town of Middletown, Conn., for example,the Project Green Lawn Committee holds workshops and public education events to encourage organic lawn care.

For a campaign of the same name of her book, Lewis is calling on home owners to pledge to take care of their yards “without synthetic pesticides, weed killers and fertilizers except on rare occasions to resolve an infestation or to improve habitat for native plants and wildlife (and) … not to throw pharmaceuticals or chemicals down my drain or toilets.”

She points out that developing simpler, more holistic practices can help keep lawns healthy and pollution levels down.

Leaving grass clippings on a lawn keeps soil moist for longer periods of time, for example, and letting grass grow to four inches allows roots to grow longer and to absorb more water and nutrients. Native plants also require less water and upkeep, and they support wildlife.

Experts say those changes have the potential to save time and money, and keep our families — and their drinking water — safe.

Beth Beisel May 15, 2014 at 08:05 PM
Your Veterinarian Will Tell You Why; Your Pediatrician Probably Won’t Recently, there was a rally hosted by the Coalition for a Safe and Healthy CT, at the State Capitol in Hartford. Among the participants was a couple who were handing out a flyer. The flyer said: Google: “Beware of the little flags on the lawn.” Murphy, our therapy dog, died last year on his 6th birthday due to second-hand pesticides and herbicides used by our neighbor. The couple described how their beloved dog was exposed to an herbicide which their neighbor had sprayed along their fence line, to kill weeds, and how that herbicide had traveled through the air, and into their yard. When they asked their vet why their dog had gotten cancer at such a young age, the veterinarian replied, “Was your dog exposed to lawn pesticides?” This was the same question Senator Ed Meyer, co-chair of the CT Legislature’s Environment Committee was asked, by his veterinarian, when his dog died from cancer. Would a pediatrician ask a grieving parent, who’s child was diagnosed with leukemia or non-Hodgkin' s lymphoma: “Did your child play sports on chemically treated fields?” or “Have you used toxic chemicals, such as pesticides, on your lawn to make it beautiful?” Probably not. But, numerous studies have linked the 30 commonly used lawn pesticides with serious health effects. 19 studies link these pesticides with cancer, 13 with birth defects, 21 with reproductive problems, and 15 with neurotoxicity or abnormal brain development, 26 with liver and kidney damage, 27 are sensitizers or irritants, and 11 have the potential to disrupt the endocrine (hormones) system. Additional studies have linked these pesticides with hyperactivity, developmental delays, behavioral disorders and motor dysfunction. Children are particularly vulnerable because their bodies are developing so quickly, their close proximity to the ground, and their smaller size and lower body weight in relation to the amount of chemicals they are exposed to. When children play hard, running fast, they are breathing deeply and more quickly, increasing the amount of toxic chemicals inhaled. When they fall on the field, their exposed skin absorbs the pesticides. These toxins go directly into the bloodstream. These toxins have been found in the blood of pregnant women, fetal cord blood, and in urine tests done on young children as well as adults. When you walk or drive around this spring, observe all the little yellow signs displayed on the pristine lawns, and perhaps for the first time, you will ask yourself: “is it really worth it?”
4  Recommend  Reply

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]