collapse

Author Topic: "NukaTuna" - The Last Fish in the Ocean  (Read 31252 times)

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
Re: "NukaTuna" - The Last Fish in the Ocean
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 01:13:26 am »
*I* manifest the thought that all those particles that touch higher Consciousness's flesh (with a strong push for lower, too) will sit inert.  I'll be thrilled if Others join in this manifesting.  [smile]

I'll go even further, Amaterasu.  I've heard Bashar repeatedly make the statement that with such things as Fukishima, individuals who do not hear about them, will literally not be affected by them at all.  So-called, "ostrich syndrome," actually isn't as negative a thing as conventional wisdom suggests.

Bashar has been observably correct about other things, in my experience; so I'm going to trust him on this one, as well.  I refuse to focus on Fukishima.  I'm not going to think about it at all.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 01:27:31 am »
And yet...

...your posting in a Fukushima thread  :P

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 02:45:12 pm »
I'll go even further, Amaterasu.  I've heard Bashar repeatedly make the statement that with such things as Fukishima, individuals who do not hear about them, will literally not be affected by them at all.  So-called, "ostrich syndrome," actually isn't as negative a thing as conventional wisdom suggests.

Bashar has been observably correct about other things, in my experience; so I'm going to trust him on this one, as well.  I refuse to focus on Fukishima.  I'm not going to think about it at all.
simple example: many victims of car accidents didn't notice any $hit b4 f*King crash  ;)
-------------

Amicus, +5 ;D
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:08:59 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline SarK0Y

• Pegasus Alternate Energy Team
  • Gold 37
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 06:04:02 pm »
[youtube]-uGnmIa3eAk[/youtube]
yes, Japan is 1st culprit at the. Nevertheless, what about local sources of radiation? perhaps gov gonna cover up something in backyard?  i don't have valuable numbers but seems significant level of radiation can't be produced Just by Fukushima. maybe i'm wrong... Anyway, out the has to be running more  scrupulous scrutiny.
I do What Me'n'Universum  want :-)

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 07:08:47 am »

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:10:31 pm by thorfourwinds »
EARTH AID is dedicated to the creation of an interactive multimedia worldwide event to raise awareness about the challenges and solutions of nuclear energy.

Offline thorfourwinds

• Administrator
  • Gold 364
    • EARTH AID CONCERT
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 05:14:37 pm »
Fish caught near Fukushima shows more than 2,500 times legal radiation limit for human consumption

30 January 2013

(NaturalNews) The two-year anniversary of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster is rapidly approaching, and the waters around the crippled plant are still highly contaminated with radiation, according to new reports.

A fish caught as part of an ongoing Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) seafood monitoring program recently tested at levels of 254,000 becquerels per kilogram (Bq/kg) of radioactive cesium, or roughly 2,540 times higher than the maximum legal limit of 100 Bq/kg established by the government for seafood.

The contaminated fish, which has been dubbed "Mike the Murasai," was caught in ocean waters fairly close to the shuttered plant nearly 24 months after the catastrophe, raising fresh concerns about the safety of seafood off the coast of Japan.

Though the fish itself did not show visible signs of deformation or other radiation-induced damage, according to reports,

the level of radiation detected in its tissue is high enough to suggest that the Fukushima plant is more than likely still releasing extremely high levels of nuclear radiation directly into the ocean.

In response, TEPCO says it is planning to install an extensive series of nets beneath the surface of the waters surrounding the still-damaged plant, which will cover a radius of about 20 kilometers, or roughly 12.5 miles.

This netting is intended to trap other contaminated fish and prevent them from migrating too far from the plant.

Many experts worry that deposits of radioactive cesium and other nuclear chemicals are continuing to build up on the ocean floor, and that Murasai, which are feeder fish for other sea species, will inadvertently contaminate other fish species, and potentially even fisheries.

Radiation levels actually appear to be increasing around Fukushima

The high levels of radiation detected in Mike the Murasai would not necessarily be as big of a concern if they were less than previously detected levels. But according to reports, the 254,000 Bq/kg of cesium identified is nearly 10 times higher than the amount detected in scorpion fish caught last August, suggesting that radiation pollution is increasing in the area, despite continued reassurances by TEPCO and government officials that the situation is under control.

It was also confirmed back in November by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), an independent oceanographic research institution based in the U.S., that nearly half of all sea creatures living in the waters near the Fukushima plant are still contaminated with levels of radioactive cesium that greatly exceed government safety limits. And as the radioactive particles continue to sink in ocean waters, the problem is only expected to worsen, particularly for bottom-feeding fish.

"We can't sell any of these fish," explained Kozo Endo, a local fisherman, about the dire situation. "We can only catch them for radiation sampling. Those that are left over -- well, all of us working on the boat take them home to eat."

Both TEPCO and the Japanese government continue to change their respective stories surrounding the disaster.

In the past, the two entities tried to deny that Fukushima was still leaking radiation into the ocean.

After this was shown to be false, they then tried to claim that radiation levels were minimal, and that particles were sinking into the ocean floor where they would be unable to cause further damage.

Now, the story has changed again, and TEPCO is allegedly taking more drastic measures to contain radioactive fish.

Sources for this article include:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk

http://www.huffingtonpost.com

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2012/s3636314.htm
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:16:18 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 05:30:53 pm »
Well since the 'hot stuff' is still in the ground I would expect continual increase..

But glowing fishies on the shores of Japan do look pretty

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:19:28 pm by thorfourwinds »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 05:37:30 pm »
One really has to wonder about the SANITY of reporters these days...

Radioactive Tuna Won’t Kill You—but Should We Be Concerned About Mercury?

May 30, 2012 4:45 AM EDT
A new study showing that radioactive tuna have swum from Japan to California has fish lovers up in arms, but other ocean contaminants like mercury are greater cause for concern. Daniel Stone reports.

It was enough to make anyone who has ever eaten seafood, especially tuna, feel a small flop in their stomach over Memorial Day weekend, when a new study from the National Academies of Science showed that radioactive tuna was showing up off the coast of California. The levels of radioactive cesium and potassium were elevated, and the source was unmistakable. Even back-of-the-envelope calculations could prove that the behemoth bluefin tuna species had come from Japanese waters after the catastrophic nuclear meltdown at Fukushima last year.

There were a lot of reasons to be instantly concerned. Radiation poisoning went through the media panic machine last year after the meltdown, and now it was back. And not just in our air or leeching into our ocean, but potentially showing up on our plate.

Yet despite the breathless hand-wringing, it turns out our food is safe. “People become terribly anxious about this subject, sometimes needlessly so,” says Nicholas Fisher, the Stony Brook University researcher behind the study.

The bluefin arriving on the shores of California won’t kill you. In fact they won’t even make you sick, according to guidelines from the Food and Drug Administration and other environmental regulators. For one thing, Americans hardly eat imperiled bluefin tuna at all. Nearly 80 percent of the world’s annual catch goes straight to Japan. The rest shows up only in the fanciest of fancy sushi restaurants. Even eating several pounds of Pacific bluefin wouldn't make you sick, reports Ken Buesseler, a radionuclide researcher with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. “It’s very much not a level to be concerned about.”

And it’d set you back, too. A small piece of sashimi can easily cost $24. (Earlier this year, an 800-pound bluefin fetched nearly $750,000). But in terms of radiation, you could get there a lot faster. To the throngs of reporters covering the bluefin story, Stanford researcher Daniel Madigan has a colorful way of explaining it: you’d get more radioactive potassium from a banana than you would from a bluefin that came from Japan.

Still, FDA officials scrambled to silence the alarm. The agency doesn’t test much Bluefin, but since April 2011, government inspectors have tested all seafood imports to the U.S. that originate in or near Japanese waters. Of 1,299 samples taken, more than 99 percent have shown up clear of radiation. The other 1 percent was below “actionable” government levels.

How safe is your tuna? A fish market worker cuts bluefin to supply to sushi restaurants. (Emmanuel Dunand / AFP-Getty Images)

Radioactive Tuna

Stuff like this makes me glad I put in a Pantry. We did it to save money buy buying when stuff was on sale, but in this case we bought a few cases of canned tuna at 45 cents a can BEFORE Fukushima  :D  I think I feel the urge for a TUNA SANDWICH
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:21:54 pm by thorfourwinds »

sky otter

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 06:49:29 pm »

hey zorg.. is that really japan ?????  or did you just steal a pic from carl?
enquiring minds, ya know...

Gippsland is a large rural region in Victoria, Australia. The place is well known with its mystery of blue glowing water that appears during the night. However, just recently, the mystery has been solved. Lake Gippsland (actually a network of lakes) teems with microorganisms that produce a ghostly blue glow thanks to their natural luminescence. This makes this body of water a beautiful and unique tourist attraction at night. See the pictures if you don’t believe me. It is truly mesmerizing!

http://www.akademifantasia.org/australia/gippsland-lake-australias-blue-mystery/

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:40 pm »
How The Glowing Firefly Squid of Japan Produces Its Shine

http://www.chicagonow.com/greenamajigger/2012/04/how-the-glowing-firefly-squid-of-japan-produces-its-shine/

So...

Japan says "Glowing Squid..."

Australia says "Glowing Bacteria..."

Zorgon might as well say "Cherencov Radiation"   

;D   8)   ::)

Seems everything is glowing
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:17:47 pm by zorgon »

sky otter

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 07:21:37 pm »

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 07:22:39 pm »
Seafood 2013

Sardines...

Calamari...

Sushi...

Offline zorgon

• Administrator
  • Gold 903
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2013, 07:25:08 pm »
hahahahahahahahahah

been there done that but we could add these to that page too :D

sky otter

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2013, 07:33:02 pm »

yeah those japanese have been at it for a bit
it takes me forever to do pic so you'll hafta go to the link

The first genetically modified primates that can pass their modifications to their offpsring have been created by Japanese scientists.

The marmosets, pictured above, express a green fluorescent protein in their skin. The gene for producing the glow was delivered to the first marmoset embryos via a modified virus. But now that modification method could become unnecessary. One male marmoset, number 666, fathered a child (pictured at right) that also contained the transgenes.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/05/glowing-monkeys-make-more-glowing-monkeys-the-old-fashioned-way/

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 16, 2024, 07:24:38 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter