collapse

Author Topic: New Forum Board - General - Food and Drink  (Read 6005 times)

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
New Forum Board - General - Food and Drink
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:16:46 pm »
I am making this initial post to bring attention to this new forum Board, titled "Food and Drink", positioned in the "General Category". Zorgon has set this up, at our request, and has made a place for all of us to share anything related to "Food and Drink".

Sharing your favorite recipes of every type would be great for all of us.

Sharing personal experiences and helpful tips regarding every aspect of food prep., cooking, baking, grilling, and etc., - this is the place.

Sometimes, just sharing a pic of your latest "cooking success" might be "yummy"!

And don't forget the "drink" part of this too - all those good wines, beers, and your favorite drink recipes!!

Much thanks to zorgon, for giving us such a good place to share these things!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:37:47 pm by rdunk »

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Fight for truth, fight against suppression of information!
  • Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
Re: New Forum Board - General - Food and Drink
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 07:05:00 am »
   Very nice indeed  :) I like to do experiments with nutrition and like to use my own body and spirit to see the results!
I will certainly have something to add to this topic. At the moment Im experiencing giving up the tap water and hiking few kilometes in a forest every second day to get my spring water. This is only my second day and I can already feel the difference.
I will make a thread about it later.

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 02:32:15 pm »
I am making this initial post to bring attention to this new forum Board, titled "Food and Drink", positioned in the "General Category". Zorgon has set this up, at our request, and has made a place for all of us to share anything related to "Food and Drink".

Sharing your favorite recipes of every type would be great for all of us.

Sharing personal experiences and helpful tips regarding every aspect of food prep., cooking, baking, grilling, and etc., - this is the place.

Sometimes, just sharing a pic of your latest "cooking success" might be "yummy"!

And don't forget the "drink" part of this too - all those good wines, beers, and your favorite drink recipes!!

Much thanks to zorgon, for giving us such a good place to share these things!

Thanks Zorgon for another cool room to hangout in!
Hey, rdunk, and great idea for a food thread. Most folks dont know how important safe food is, and will eat just about anything. Ive found in life, as a sort of home chef, that there are healthy substitutes for almost any part of the classic recipes.

Coq au Vin with free range chicken breast, and organic red wine

Quesadillas, with millet tortillas, and spicy turkey meat filling

Paella with fresh fish, scallops, and prawns cooked in coconut oil, and spanish paprika

Just a few, and dont get me started on the drinks, like homemade beer and wine,
Small batch bourbons, and organic homemade gin(some goooood stuff!)with fresh cognac soaked lingonberries, and juniper berries.

Ask WW what he thinks, and he'll tell you about the finnish diet, and how it has changed in the last thirty years.

As a matter of fact, the finn's are way ahead of most in the new food movement
http://www.foodforlife.fi/english/finnish-innovations
and there's why.

Cheers!
Littleenki
Hermetically sealed, for your protection

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 03:04:16 pm »
Hey Littleenki! Yes, I believe that over time this board will be one for many of us to enjoy, and to personally benefit from. Probably won't be much discussion of aliens and UFO's here, but my guess is that it will get very "social" at times.

Thanks for your input on the Finnish accomplishments on eating more healthy. While many are not (yet) inclined to eat healthy, people more and more are learning of the direct benefits.

When you have time, post a good recipe for us every now and then!!  8)

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:00:13 am »
Hey Littleenki! Yes, I believe that over time this board will be one for many of us to enjoy, and to personally benefit from. Probably won't be much discussion of aliens and UFO's here, but my guess is that it will get very "social" at times.

Thanks for your input on the Finnish accomplishments on eating more healthy. While many are not (yet) inclined to eat healthy, people more and more are learning of the direct benefits.

When you have time, post a good recipe for us every now and then!!  8)

Will do :)  What I have learned, that its for most people nearly impossible to even buy healthy food. I eat healthy, but sometimes Im forced to eat bad ingredients, because the grosary stores have nothing else. In this world it has been made impossible to have access to clean, healthy food anymore, unless you grow your own food. And in the document called Thrive I was shocked that in States you cant even have your own seeds, the government owns your seeds and only their genetically manipulated seeds are legal :o How sick is that?

Littleenki, that sounds delicious..give me a call when the table is set  ;) I like cooking too. When I have perfected my tartar meal, I will put the recipe here.
Sometimes I put aside the healthy issues and just eat for the pleasure of it..food is for us to enjoy, and it should be a happy thing to share with your close ones, friends or even alone  ;D

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:28:32 am »
  Will do :)  What I have learned, that its for most people nearly impossible to even buy healthy food. I eat healthy, but sometimes Im forced to eat bad ingredients, because the grosary stores have nothing else. In this world it has been made impossible to have access to clean, healthy food anymore, unless you grow your own food. And in the document called Thrive I was shocked that in States you cant even have your own seeds, the government owns your seeds and only their genetically manipulated seeds are legal :o How sick is that?

Littleenki, that sounds delicious..give me a call when the table is set  ;) I like cooking too. When I have perfected my tartar meal, I will put the recipe here.
Sometimes I put aside the healthy issues and just eat for the pleasure of it..food is for us to enjoy, and it should be a happy thing to share with your close ones, friends or even alone  ;D
Food as a friend, I like it!
Right you are guys, and yes, the USA is a disgrace and a success all at once, It's a matter of where you look. There is a movement here that is somewhat silent, and it involves finding, securing, and continuing the original seedstock of known heirloom plants, and veg. How I have tried to make this movement a part of my life is, to save seeds from known sources, and the veg and fruit they produce, then pass them along to trusted others, to use and spread.
To this day, I havent had a lot of luck with growing, as Im finding the non GMO seeds arent as forgiving in my hotter conditions here in FLA. Ive had luck with anything that grows underground, so it's onions and beets for me, with a batch of bibb lettuce for aboveground goodness one month a year.

Here's a favorite tartar recipe that's easy, fun to make, and, it's creamy and good!
Ingredients:
1/4 cup canola oil mayonnaise
2 teaspoons minced flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
Kosher salt and freshly ground pink pepper
1/2 pound best-quality beef ribeye(or other), cut into 1/4-inch dice 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 teaspoons sweet-hot mustard, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
11/2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons finely chopped organic shallots
Drizzle of hot sauce over the top(if desired)

1.In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of the parsley and the tarragon. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.

2.In a medium bowl, mix the meat with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the remaining 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and capers. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a cutting board and finely chop the meat.

3.Transfer the tartare to cold plates. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the chopped shallot and the remaining parsley. Drizzle with hot sauce, and olive oil, and serve with the herb mayonnaise, mustard and crostini.
MM MM ggod, as campbells says!
LE

Offline Amaterasu

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 276
  • Information Will Free Us
    • T.A.P. - You're It
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:18 am »

If I am unsure of something, I don't buy it - it must say organic.  I will go hungry before putting food I am unsure of in My system.  (Being penniless ensures I don't eat out - where the jungle is thick with GMO, pesticides, herbicides, and microwaved "food."  LOL!)
"If the universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can We use it to run Our cars?"

"If You want peace, take the profit out of war."

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 06:27:40 am »
If I am unsure of something, I don't buy it - it must say organic.  I will go hungry before putting food I am unsure of in My system.  (Being penniless ensures I don't eat out - where the jungle is thick with GMO, pesticides, herbicides, and microwaved "food."  LOL!)
Youre a wise shopper, Amaterasu, and you right about the jungle of dining out, it's like paying someone to kill you, and then tipping them for it!
LOLx2!
LE

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 07:32:21 am »

Where I live, they have made sure that if I dont have money, I cant eat organic. It costs x3 compared to GMO or microwaved regular food. And organic is not even available in stores in most of the cities. I guess the news travel slowly to the north and people in here with a knowledge of the healthy food is less than 10%  ;)
Anyway, that Litleenki's Tartar made me hungry..must..eat..

WW

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 07:48:42 am »
  Where I live, they have made sure that if I dont have money, I cant eat organic. It costs x3 compared to GMO or microwaved regular food. And organic is not even available in stores in most of the cities. I guess the news travel slowly to the north and people in here with a knowledge of the healthy food is less than 10%  ;)
Anyway, that Litleenki's Tartar made me hungry..must..eat..

WW
Youve got a batch waiting when you get here, WW, it's just a long flight, so it might be a bit aged when you arrive!lol!
Going to the hills to get spring water, and such places youre way ahead of me, as I cant get anything without paying for it, or god forbid trying to grow it in my depleted soil.
Try this water recipe for Chi water
1/2 distilled spring water
1/2 spring water
1 tbs (organic) honey if possible
Its the best water you can drink, and has the flow of chi in it from the differing forms of the water.
And, if you have any bees, get a chunk of honeycomb and build a box 10 feet up in your trees, and wait for it......fresh honey!Those bees will find that box, and give you free food for life.
Have you ever heard of manna from heaven, and how there was a buzzing or vibrating sound associated with it?
That may have been the sound of the hives where the manna was made, and how the israelites survived all that time in the desert. The bees found any flowers and plants in the desert, and in turn brought the nectar back to the hives to make manna.
Just a personal theory, of course.
Cheers, and have a great feeding time!
BTW Mercenary ROCKS!
LE

Offline WeekendWarrior

• Gold 7
  • I hate cold..
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 08:41:25 am »
Youve got a batch waiting when you get here, WW, it's just a long flight, so it might be a bit aged when you arrive!lol!
Going to the hills to get spring water, and such places youre way ahead of me, as I cant get anything without paying for it, or god forbid trying to grow it in my depleted soil.
Try this water recipe for Chi water
1/2 distilled spring water
1/2 spring water
1 tbs (organic) honey if possible
Its the best water you can drink, and has the flow of chi in it from the differing forms of the water.
And, if you have any bees, get a chunk of honeycomb and build a box 10 feet up in your trees, and wait for it......fresh honey!Those bees will find that box, and give you free food for life.
Have you ever heard of manna from heaven, and how there was a buzzing or vibrating sound associated with it?
That may have been the sound of the hives where the manna was made, and how the israelites survived all that time in the desert. The bees found any flowers and plants in the desert, and in turn brought the nectar back to the hives to make manna.
Just a personal theory, of course.
Cheers, and have a great feeding time!
BTW Mercenary ROCKS!
LE

Interesting theory. And pure, non heated honey is super good and healthy. Combined with a pure springwater it should have nice effects. And your Chi water recipe, it sounds good, but Im not familiar with distilling process.. Have to ask my ex about that, she knows :)
And Im happy you liked the band! I need to fix my computer, can't watch youtube anymore without this machine restarting. I made some space on this machine and I guess something important was deleted as well. And I tried to be so careful..

You know, I have had that spring near me all my life, but when I was a kid I remember it said in a local newspaper that the springwater is not healthy anymore to drink due to someones big garden leaked some poisons in the ground and spoiled the spring. Even today, if asked from the city officials, they dont give a straight answer if its safe or not. But fortunately Im not so stupid, I know that the spring cleans itself in time and with internet around I found out that there are many people getting their water from there.
And there is this one "chemist" that made all kinds of tests to the water and its safe. And fresh  :)

Im scared of flying in generally and it never gets easier :-[ But for you and your tartar I would fly  ;D

WW

P.S How hot is it in there? And is it hot all the year? I have this nice imege in my head of Florida, but you make it sound very, very hot and dry place ;) Yet I think I would like it!

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:41 am »
   Interesting theory. And pure, non heated honey is super good and healthy. Combined with a pure springwater it should have nice effects. And your Chi water recipe, it sounds good, but Im not familiar with distilling process.. Have to ask my ex about that, she knows :)
And Im happy you liked the band! I need to fix my computer, can't watch youtube anymore without this machine restarting. I made some space on this machine and I guess something important was deleted as well. And I tried to be so careful..

You know, I have had that spring near me all my life, but when I was a kid I remember it said in a local newspaper that the springwater is not healthy anymore to drink due to someones big garden leaked some poisons in the ground and spoiled the spring. Even today, if asked from the city officials, they dont give a straight answer if its safe or not. But fortunately Im not so stupid, I know that the spring cleans itself in time and with internet around I found out that there are many people getting their water from there.
And there is this one "chemist" that made all kinds of tests to the water and its safe. And fresh  :)

Im scared of flying in generally and it never gets easier :-[ But for you and your tartar I would fly  ;D

WW

P.S How hot is it in there? And is it hot all the year? I have this nice imege in my head of Florida, but you make it sound very, very hot and dry place ;) Yet I think I would like it!
Hei, WW, and here's my local weather   http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Largo&state=FL&site=TBW&lat=27.9086&lon=-82.781
Florida is beautiful if you go to the right places, and I hate flyin, too, as the last plane I was on, folded the nosewheel, and caught fire upon landing.You never saw someone move so fast, as when the pilots ran from the cockpit screaming "get off the f-ing plane!" as we all jumped down the slides!
What real heroes those pilots were, eh? >:o(
Drink that spring water, and dont ask the ex...get a glass funnel, and flexible tubing, seal it tightly to the boiling pan, and boil until the water steams into another glass vessel through the hose..that's distilled water, and it's very good for you when mixed with regular water( balance of qigong ) and the honey activates the part of your brain that accepts the goodness of the water.
That's what I learned in qigong class yesterday, ironically, and dont these things happen for mysterious reasons?
Tartar awaits, but take a cruise ship here, it's way more fun!
Cheers!
LE

Offline ArMaP

• Administrator
  • Gold 770
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 04:59:52 pm »
I don't really know any recipes (only microwave oven omelets and fried eggs), but I like food. :D

It's possible that I post some Portuguese recipes, if anyone's interested.

Offline rdunk

• The Roundtable
  • Gold 389
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 07:04:59 pm »
ArMaP, then you sure can take advantage of some of the good recipes that will in time be posted right here.

I would say, if there are Portuguese dishes that you like, or think are good, post them here and we can give them a try! Or maybe you try them first, and then post and tell us about them!  ;)

Offline Littleenki

• Gold 215
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 07:57:31 pm »
I don't really know any recipes (only microwave oven omelets and fried eggs), but I like food. :D

It's possible that I post some Portuguese recipes, if anyone's interested.
Please pass the portugese recipes, it's great cuisine!
LE

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by space otter
[March 16, 2024, 08:45:27 pm]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56