collapse

Author Topic: What's safe to eat and drink !  (Read 4584 times)

Offline Somamech

• Order of the Mystic Star
  • Gold 337
Re: What's safe to eat and drink !
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 11:12:52 am »
The worst Diet, and remember the diet Industry is HUGE! that I have seen of recent is the Low Carb Diet.

I have seen this diet recenty on Cycling Forums of all place's where people want to improve performance...Honestly WTF.

Heck I even see Diets recently saying to avoid Fruit because of Sugar?  WTF?

Offline Gigas

• Gold 90
  • This can't be real
    • An obscure place from my mind
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 12:13:41 pm »
Dunno bout you, but I still drink the new improved and enhanced pepsi cola.

The Obama Administration has given its blessing to PepsiCo to continue utilizing the services of a company that produces flavor chemicals for the beverage giant using aborted human fetal tissue. LifeSiteNews.com reports that the Obama Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) has decided that PepsiCo's arrangement with San Diego, Cal.-based Senomyx, which produces flavor enhancing chemicals for Pepsi using human embryonic kidney tissue, simply constitutes "ordinary business operations."

The issue began in 2011 when the non-profit group Children of God for Life (CGL) first broke the news about Pepsi's alliance with Senomyx, which led to massive outcry and a worldwide boycott of Pepsi products. At that time, it was revealed that Pepsi had many other options at its disposal to produce flavor chemicals, which is what its competitors do, but had instead chosen to continue using aborted fetal cells -- or as Senomyx deceptively puts it, "isolated human taste receptors"

http://www.naturalnews.com/035276_Pepsi_fetal_cells_business_operations.html

Soylent Green, Brown and pink is now our vocabulary
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 12:15:27 pm by Gigas »
Everyone loves me, till they're sick of me

Offline petrus4

• Iconoclast
  • Gold 623
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 04:34:41 pm »
Urgh, diet.  This is a truly horrible topic.  Horrible because everyone who expresses an opinion about it, tends to insist that said opinion is the one true way, and if you deviate from it, you are going directly to Hell.

I will offer some suggestions, but will start by issuing the disclaimer that I am a partial hypocrite, in the sense that while I know that what I am going to suggest works, (because I've tried it) this is not what I do myself on a permanent basis, due to becoming bored.  Gandhi named control of the palate as one of the principle virtues, and sadly I have not attained it, as of yet.

First, I will say that I consider rawism (and to a lesser extent, cooked veganism) to be a New Age status symbol, in a similar manner to non-Indian use of the word, "Namaste," as a greeting.  I have encountered exactly three people online, who advocate raw veganism, who I have been able to establish are not hypocrites.  So from that point of view, while blended fruit juice is good, (I have a juice blender, and use it occasionally) I don't necessarily advocate exclusively living on it.

What I do advocate as a staple, is cooked vegetables, (primarily the brassicas; broccoli and cauliflower, but also carrots and whatever other kinds you might have) preferably but not necessarily as part of a curry, on a bed of steamed rice.  I do not, however, advocate fascism where eating meat is concerned; in real terms I usually end up eating chicken on close to a daily basis, and will average beef maybe once or twice a week.

When I am doing what I am supposed to, green or chamomile tea is my staple beverage; but when I am being degenerate, as I am right now, non-diet Coca Cola is.  I do not condone the taking of alcohol more than once a fortnight, and even then, no more than one glass; and I am also not usually in the habit of smoking more than two joints (probably a gram) of marijuana per two days, when it is available to me.

At the moment, I am also typically eating close to a 220g block of chocolate per 24 hours, and I acknowledge that that is degenerate as well.

I do not consider tofu to be as harmful as many, but still prefer tempeh (fermented soy) when I can get it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:39:19 pm by petrus4 »
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers."
        — Abbie Hoffman

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
affiliate_link
Free Click Tracking
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

* Recent Posts

Re: Music You Love by RUSSO
[Today at 02:12:02 am]

Re: kits to feed your family for a year by Shasta56
[March 17, 2024, 12:40:48 pm]